New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Happy Goblinization Day

According to the Shadowrun book April 30, 2021 was (is ?) Goblinization Day - the day 10% of the world undergo Goblinization and became new species whether orcs, dwarves, trolls or (for the lucky few) elves
    I'm deeply disappointed to discover no changes as I fail to become the Elf I was sure I was meant to be. Even more to discover I haven't become a Wyrm Shaman
    Hopefully other Playgrounders will have had better luck
    Last edited by comicshorse; 2021-04-30 at 06:40 AM.
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Happy Goblinization Day

That's today? WOOOO! Sixth world, magic, elf chicks... can't wait!

...silently waiting to become an orc or dorf...
    Last edited by Lacco; 2021-04-30 at 06:51 AM.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

I've got a big red welt on my arm from an allergy shot. Does that count?

I miss my old Shadowrun game. We were so bad at it. We tried to play it like D&D in 2053, instead of playing it smart. Now I could play so much smarter.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

4. - Top - End - #4
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

I am considering calling in tomorrow "Ork". I think it would be very hard to argue with me, as I'm already close to 2m and 160kg.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

I, for one, welcome our new goblin overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by comicshorse View Post
    According to the Shadowrun book April 30, 2021 was (is ?) Goblinization Day - the day 10% of the world undergo Goblinization and became new species whether orcs, dwarves, trolls or (for the lucky few) elves
    I'm deeply disappointed to discover no changes as I fail to become the Elf I was sure I was meant to be.
    There's the rub with the thing. Even if such a thing were to come to pass, chances are all the people that thought being an elf would be the upgrade would end up as orcs or dwarves.
    Last edited by Willie the Duck; 2021-04-30 at 12:26 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

No one became an elf on Goblinization Day. Elves and dwarves were simply born so.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    No one became an elf on Goblinization Day. Elves and dwarves were simply born so.
    If I remember correctly (which may not be the case), Goblinization meant orcs and trolls. Elves and dwarves came later.

Or was it different? Maybe edition-dependant?
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.

Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by lacco36 View Post
    If I remember correctly (which may not be the case), Goblinization meant orcs and trolls. Elves and dwarves came later.

Or was it different? Maybe edition-dependant?
    Starting in 2011, human mothers began giving birth to Elves and Dwarves. 2021 saw the emergence of orcs and trolls.
    The Cranky Gamer

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

But I can still be a Shaman, right ?
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes. But only if you pick Manatee as your totem.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Decker is becoming reality kinds quickly.

Sadly, I am also probably too old to try to get into MIT&M, you know, for a PhD in the second M.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

I'm deeply disappointed to discover no changes as I fail to become the Elf I was sure I was meant to be. Even more to discover I haven't become a Wyrm Shaman
    Hopefully other Playgrounders will have had better luck
    I think you've got the wrong Apocalypse, chummer.
    I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
    -The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
    https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.c...tionchallenge/

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Yes. But only if you pick Manatee as your totem.
    I prefer Sloth.

The animal, not the sin.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnWildefyr View Post
    Decker is becoming reality kinds quickly.

Sadly, I am also probably too old to try to get into MIT&M, you know, for a PhD in the second M.
    Also cybereyes should be right behind next corner. And first cyberarms/legs are already here, it's just a matter of weaponizing the stuff.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Also cybereyes should be right behind next corner. And first cyberarms/legs are already here, it's just a matter of weaponizing the stuff.
    Considering Glaucoma runs in my family I'm very happy to hear that

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

I prefer Sloth.

The animal, not the sin.

We already have cybereyes (or at least cyber vision systems), but they're far far worse than regular eyes and very very basic in terms of the vision they provide. It's only an upgrade for people who are completely blind without them.
    A neat custom class for 3.5 system
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94616

A good set of benchmarks for PF/3.5
    https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2...y-the-numbers/

An alternate craft point system I made for 3.5
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t-Point-system

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by zlefin View Post
    We already have cybereyes (or at least cyber vision systems), but they're far far worse than regular eyes and very very basic in terms of the vision they provide. It's only an upgrade for people who are completely blind without them.
    Purely on a tangent, it will be interesting to see, once we can manufacture artificial eyes better than the real thing, how much of the improved capabilitiy we will be capable of utilizing.
    I assume there will be a bottleneck of some sort, in our brains or optical nerves.
    -
    What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder, stronger, in a later edition.
    -

17. - Top - End - #17
    Colossus in the Playground

Our eyes already take in more data than our Brains process. There's several layers of neurons that integrate the data fo a series of sensory cells into one signal. In interesting ways, too (for example, there's an entire set of neurons that does nothing except look at the data of a certain portion of the visual field and decide if certain things occur there, like "edges" or "things that have unusual color" or "movement". That happens before the data even gets to the actual brain.)
    Last edited by Eldan; 2021-05-27 at 09:34 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Why would anyone want to be a filthy knife eared Keebler when you could be a beautiful tusky and lusty troll instead?

Also I am surprised that riggers aren't a thing yet. Drones can cover lots of ground and would make security work a lot easier.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Colossus in the Playground

They are in a limited fashion. Surveillance drones are a thing you can buy. Delivery drones exist, in some cities you can order pizza by drone. Drone Warfare, of course.

And perhaps my favourite development, some airports now have trained eagles who bring down camera drones to keep the airspace free.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Then we have less than 8 years left before the Internet is destroyed by the Crash Virus (8th February 2029 - "Crash of 2029"), which will lead to the first cyberdecks being developed and also to the existence of Black IC.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzerdrix View Post
    Why would anyone want to be a filthy knife eared Keebler when you could be a beautiful tusky and lusty troll instead?

Also I am surprised that riggers aren't a thing yet. Drones can cover lots of ground and would make security work a lot easier.
    On Saturday I saw a remote control boat hoist. Pretty neat, big open frame on wheels with winches and straps on top, a 50' fishing boat hanging in it. It was just rolling down the street, one person walking in front, another behind with the remote controls. Just life in a fishing town, people out with the rc boat hoist.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xlsfd View Post
    Then we have less than 8 years left before the Internet is destroyed by the Crash Virus (8th February 2029 - "Crash of 2029"), which will lead to the first cyberdecks being developed and also to the existence of Black IC.
    Oh my.

Need to start printing my RPG PDFs...

23. - Top - End - #23
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    On Saturday I saw a remote control boat hoist. Pretty neat, big open frame on wheels with winches and straps on top, a 50' fishing boat hanging in it. It was just rolling down the street, one person walking in front, another behind with the remote controls. Just life in a fishing town, people out with the rc boat hoist.
    So because I am sleep deprived, I though that started with "I saw a remote control boat heist". Because that would be the most Shadowrun thing ever.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    So because I am sleep deprived, I though that started with "I saw a remote control boat heist". Because that would be the most Shadowrun thing ever.
    So are they stealing remote control boats or stealing stuff WITH remote control boats

25. - Top - End - #25
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

So are they stealing remote control boats or stealing stuff WITH remote control boats
    Yes10characters

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Yes10characters
    Get your drone (which has to be on the water because their AA systems will tag a flying drone) close enough to the boat for your decker to use the drone as a repeater so they can hack the boat. Once they've hacked the boat, the rigger jumps in to the boat, and the drone stays with it to enable the remote control from that range. Get fancy and you have two drones, so the decker can engage any riggers who try to control the boat themselves, plus do things like keep the doors locked and comms locked down.
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2021-06-22 at 07:33 PM.
    The Cranky Gamer