New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown XIII

"Something I've got to do first," Ludo said to Elsa, shrugging his pack off. "But I wouldn't say no to drinks at yours again."

Leaving his baggage at the barracks, Ludo went in search of Sforza's surgeons, and Rike.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

"Some welcome for the men who killed the vampire," Sieghard grumbled. The fact that he had enough energy to complain was probably a good sign of his health improving.

"Kaspar, Hagen, take the knights' remains to the temple. The drinks are on me tonight - you've all earned it." He turned to the laborers. "And I remember promising you lot warm meals. Ingwald, see to it that they're fed - however much they want and let the owner of the Star know I'll be by to pay for it shortly." He turned to follow after Ludo.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    "Something I've got to do first," Ludo said to Elsa, shrugging his pack off. "But I wouldn't say no to drinks at yours again."
    Elsa nodded distractedly.

She addressed Sieghard: "I think I'll also pay our workers a bit. Should keep them from resorting to theft straight away and getting in trouble. If you can contribute, I'd appreciate it a lot; you're the one who insisted on getting all those bodies out of Nath."

She was not expecting Manann's Keep to still be full of soldiers, and hoped this would not prevent her from getting a hotel room at the Star—with either a twin bed or two beds that could be pushed together. She had some needs that had gone unfulfilled for too long.

"I'll see if the Prince is still in town. We need to return him his horse."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LCP View Post
    One or two seemed not to appreciate Elsa’s contribution - Ludo saw Hanna’s face darken and turn away when the wizard spoke.
    Awww.

Not sure what's a reasonable amount to pay the workers. I think it should cover their work for the entire siege of Nath, not just the few days they spent burying bodies.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2021-05-07 at 03:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Ingwald gave Sieghard a smart salute. "Right you are, sir," he said. "However much we want." With a spring in his step, he took off for the Star, leading a mob of Thorns and labourers with him.

Barracks Business

Ludo found Rike looking much recovered, sitting on a bench outside the barracks. She stood up when she saw him coming, and offered a salute when she saw Sieghard.

"I heard from the Tileans what happened," she said. "Is it - is he really dead?"

Fun at the Fort

Evatt's fort was crowded with Iron Company men. Forging a path through them, Elsa went in search of the Prince. She found him in the old map room, where they had planned their opening moves against the Duke.

"Holt," he said, not looking up. He was sat in a large upholstered chair, reading a letter. Sussman and Valdes were beside him, while Al-Makir leant against the wall, closely examining his fingernails. "Sieghard's burial duty went well, I trust."
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

5. - Top - End - #95
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jarla

After the road and the seemingly endless burial detail it was an unbelievable relief to reach Mannan's Keep. Jarla made straight for the Sar, praying for Ranald that she could find lodgings and a bath and something cold to drink.

It had been hard to find the right time to talk to the others; they were so clearly wrapped up in the business of mourning for there dead that Jarla felt ill at ease even as an observer far less interrupting them. Even so on the journey back she had found a moment to say to Elsa: "I'll be at the inn trying to win a drinking contest against myself if you and the others want to talk later."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

"Seems to be," Ludo said, allowing himself a smile. "And without another casualty on our part. Gustaf's the hero of the hour - put a bolt in the vampire's neck and pulled one of the dwarves out of the fight."

He sat down gratefully on the bench. "We put those who died in Nath to rest on the edges of the wood."

"How are you doing? Good to see you haven't lost the hand."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

Sieghard nodded. "We lured him into an ambush and filled him with silver bolts," he said. "Then when he was down, I drove a spear through his skull. I hope the Iron Company hasn't been trying to steal all of the credit for it."

He sat down. "Looks like you're doing much better than when we set out. Do you remember any more of what happened?"
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2021-05-07 at 08:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

"I'll be at the inn trying to win a drinking contest against myself if you and the others want to talk later."

"Hmm, I'll try to be quick, then," said Elsa. She had the distinct feeling that Jarla was not a happy drunk.

"Holt," said Sforza. "Sieghard's burial duty went well, I trust."

Elsa saluted. "It was as unpleasant as it was uneventful, sire. Oh, and I have glad news. My apprentice has recovered your horse and a couple of others. Poor Vedenzo had the fright of his life, but seems otherwise in good health."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard & Ludo

Rike shook her head. "It's all still a blur, sir" she said. Smiling faintly, she nodded to Ludo and, with difficulty, flexed her bandaged hand. "It's still a bit stiff, but I think it's on the mend."

Elsa

"Ah, excellent," said Sforza, looking up at last from what he was reading. "Give her my thanks."

Getting up from his seat, he handed the parchment back to Sussman. "I'm taking the Iron Company back to Savonne on Wellentag," he said. "I take it you'll be coming with us?"
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah, excellent. Give her my thanks."

Your thanks? Really? That will surely feed her through the winter.

"She's grown fond of one of the other two," said Elsa, casting the dice. "May she be allowed to keep it? None of them would've been found, let alone recovered, without her talent with beasts."

That was probably a lie, but non-wizards tended to take a wizard's word for it when it came to what magic could or could not do.

Spoiler
    Show
    Untrained Haggle 22: (d100)[69]
    Fortune: (d100)[28]

Hmm, I don't know if it'll earn us a horse, but it might get us *some* reward.

"I'm taking the Iron Company back to Savonne on Wellentag. I take it you'll be coming with us?"

"Absolutely," said Elsa, who by now had not been in Savonne in over a month. "It'll feel good to go home."

She paused. Her next question would obliquely reference the trial, which she was loath to bring up. "I need to ask... My, ah, letters, described the location of a few things I hid not far from here during the war with Alvarr, and which I'd now like to recover. Did you by any chance have them retrieved? Just making sure I won't be wasting a trip..."

She also glanced hopefully at Al-Makir, who she deemed more likely than Sforza to have taken care of this kind of minutiae.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2021-05-08 at 01:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Urgrim

Once the company reached Manann's Keep, Urgrim told the others he'd catch up with them later. He made his way to the barracks the Dwimmulsons had moved into, looking for Berki.

"How are you? I'm sorry I never came to see you after the battle, before you came back here. We tried to track the witch right after, and then there was so much on my mind the next morning ..." It was a weak apology, and Urgrim looked abashed. He didn't know what else to say.

"I don't think it would have happened without the expedition to Zaraz Irkul," he added, in time. "Might not have been the most honourable thing, goading Varag Kol to meet us outside the ruins." Urgi didn't want to say the word trick in Khazalid; the connotations were too severe. He shrugged, a dissatisfied but determined expression on his face. "But I would not suffer his evil to harass us any longer, either."

After speaking to Berki, Urgrim sought Grunlok, hoping Skorgrund might also chance to be near. He'd picked some words carefully, but still stumbled over the bad news he had to deliver. "There's been a bit of a ginit with Zonbrynaz. The princeling sent some of his brutes to seize it from Stubbs. Stubbs went to the princeling and told him the spearhead was the Dwimmulson's by right, but Sforza still demanded it, and Stubbs is sworn to him by oath. I'm sorry, elders," he finished, mentally kicking himself. He'd intended not to apologise, but it still had slipped out.

Show
    Going to throw a Charm roll at this, to try to make it sound like it's all the ufdak umgi's fault and nobody else's: Charm 32 - (1d100)[92], Fortune - (1d100)[36]

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

"Just give it more time," Sieghard said. "I'll let the others know you're awake and doing well. I'm sure they'll be eager to tell you about the battle themselves."

In a way, he was relieved that Rike couldn't remember Irene's role in the ambush. The more who knew, the harder it would be to keep quiet about it. And the more likely some complication would arise before he could put a dagger into the princess's back.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by -Sentinel- View Post
    "She's grown fond of one of the other two," said Elsa, casting the dice. "May she be allowed to keep it? None of them would've been found, let alone recovered, without her talent with beasts."
    Sforza frowned. "Who do these others belong to?" he asked. "I doubt you'd take kindly to someone asking to keep your horse because they found it."

"They belonged to the Falcons," said Al-Makir, quietly. "We commandeered the surplus animals."

"Warhorses, then," said Sforza. "Not suitable for a slip of a girl. Not to mention valuable." He shook his head. "If she wants a horse - if she needs a horse - Abdul can find her a suitable one. She deserves some kind of reward. Otherwise - " - he looked round at his lieutenants - " - I don't know, what do peasant girls like?"

A room full of blank male stares greeted him.

"Fine," he said. "A horse, then."

"I need to ask... My, ah, letters, described the location of a few things I hid not far from here during the war with Alvarr, and which I'd now like to recover. Did you by any chance have them retrieved? Just making sure I won't be wasting a trip..."
    Sforza was starting to look a little irritated. "No, Holt, I did not set my men to digging up your possessions." He paused, a thought seeming to cross his mind. "Is there anything buried there that I should know about? Any more... unusual books?"

Urgrim

Berki was sitting in the late afternoon sun, looking fully recovered - the effects of a dwarfish constitution and several days to recover from the spirits' freezing touch. He smiled broadly as he saw Urgrim approaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Thragka View Post
    "How are you? I'm sorry I never came to see you after the battle, before you came back here. We tried to track the witch right after, and then there was so much on my mind the next morning ..." It was a weak apology, and Urgrim looked abashed. He didn't know what else to say.
    "You didn't catch her?" he said. "The others told me you were tracking her. She must be cunning as a rat, to have given you the slip."

He squinted up at the sun, stretching in a way that still betrayed some stiffness in his limbs. "One umgi won't get far. We got him, that's what matters. Thrunrik and the others... all avenged." He couldn't seem to keep himself from smiling. "It'll be a story to tell, back at the Rock."

~

Urgrim found Grunlok and Skorgrund cloistered in a noisy and noisome corner of the Star, packed in tight behind at least a dozen Dwimmulsons. Squeezing his way through, he managed to make himself heard over the continuous chorus of complaints about the proprietor's beer.

"Sforza has it, eh?" said Skorgrund, scrutinising Urgrim's face intently from under his beetling brows. He was nursing a tankard with both hands, a few suds clinging to his white moustache. There was a long, heavy silence. "Aye, well," he said at last. "Little the grombolgi could do about it, as you say. It'll be between the umgi princeling and the Rinn, now." He slurped down another gulp of his drink. "I'll make sure she knows."

"Jotunnsson here went down with the... hunters," said Grunlok. Like Urgrim, he wouldn't say the words ambush party if he could avoid it. "He was there when they shot the zangunaz down."

"So I've heard," said Skorgrund. "Clan Dwimmulson owes you a debt of thanks."
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

"Fine," he said. "A horse, then."

"Thank you, sire. I'm sure she'll be grateful."

"No, Holt, I did not set my men to digging up your possessions." He paused, a thought seeming to cross his mind. "Is there anything buried there that I should know about? Any more... unusual books?"
    "Oh, no!" Elsa assured him quickly. "If I had those, I'd have told you. It's, uh... some money. At the time I buried it, the situation in the Reaches was such that it seemed unwise to keep all of one's gold in one place."

Feeling that she needed to end this meeting on a positive note, she added: "Another bit of good news, sire. Evil magic no longer dwells in Nath, as far as I can tell. One day, Rhya willing, the Dead Hills may be green enough to graze goats and sheep."

She saluted again and left the room.

Elsa and Jarla

Elsa quickly headed over to the Star to make conversation with Jarla before she got too drunk to be agreeable company. In passing, she informed Tatiana that Sforza had refused to part with any of the three horses, as they were warhorses and therefore very valuable, but that another horse could be found for her. She also asked the proprietor of the Star if there was, by any chance, a spare bedroom.

Show
    If not, Elsa will try to see if any customer with a bedroom is willing to part with it. She'll offer them the price of the room plus a premium.

Untrained Haggle 22: (d100)[16]

Finally, Elsa sat down next to Jarla and ordered the lightest ale the establishment had; she was thirsty from the road and needed something not too strong.

"So. Urgrim told you, eh? It's... a thorny situation."
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2021-05-09 at 12:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Urgrim

Berki was sitting in the late afternoon sun, looking fully recovered - the effects of a dwarfish constitution and several days to recover from the spirits' freezing touch. He smiled broadly as he saw Urgrim approaching.

"You didn't catch her?" he said. "The others told me you were tracking her. She must be cunning as a rat, to have given you the slip."

He squinted up at the sun, stretching in a way that still betrayed some stiffness in his limbs. "One umgi won't get far. We got him, that's what matters. Thrunrik and the others... all avenged." He couldn't seem to keep himself from smiling. "It'll be a story to tell, back at the Rock."
    An honest smile burst across Urgrim's face, destroying his worries. "It will indeed. Aye, there's no denying, we've done right by them." He copied Berki's gaze, looking out into the afternoon sun – towards the west. Perhaps what had started leagues away in the Pale Waste would finally be finished.

"So," Urgrim said, turning back to Berki. "How's your strength? Good enough to handle some manling barley water?" He cocked the eyebrow.

~

Urgrim found Grunlok and Skorgrund cloistered in a noisy and noisome corner of the Star, packed in tight behind at least a dozen Dwimmulsons. Squeezing his way through, he managed to make himself heard over the continuous chorus of complaints about the proprietor's beer.

"Sforza has it, eh?" said Skorgrund, scrutinising Urgrim's face intently from under his beetling brows. He was nursing a tankard with both hands, a few suds clinging to his white moustache. There was a long, heavy silence. "Aye, well," he said at last. "Little the grombolgi could do about it, as you say. It'll be between the umgi princeling and the Rinn, now." He slurped down another gulp of his drink. "I'll make sure she knows."

"Jotunnsson here went down with the... hunters," said Grunlok. Like Urgrim, he wouldn't say the words ambush party if he could avoid it. "He was there when they shot the zangunaz down."

"So I've heard," said Skorgrund. "Clan Dwimmulson owes you a debt of thanks."
    Skorgrund's aplomb was a relief to Urgrim. That could have gone a whole lot worse. "It's been an honour," he replied to the elder, glancing around the room as he looked for the right words. "If anything's owed, it's ... I've not felt as, uh, welcomed, with a clan, nor a hold, since I set out from Barak Varr and took up ranging." Don't go soft in front of these longbeards, Urgrim! He cleared his throat. "I'm proud to have been witness to this noble chapter in Clan Dwimmulson's history," he finished.

He quickly thought of a way to change the subject, by quaffing the rest of his drink and planting the tankard on the table. "More manling barley water?" he asked theatrically to the small throng.

Show
    The other PCs will find Urgi at least two beers deep when they make it to the Star – I presume that's where we'll be rendezvousing

16. - Top - End - #106

BlackDragon

Elsa and Jarla

Jarla had managed to find a corner of her own in the Star and was leaning against the wall in a stylish manner. At Elsa's approach she looked up from the ale she had been partaking in - with her future income uncertain she was not going to go for wine - and laughed without humour.

"That... would be an understatement. I haven't spoken to the boss since before the battle, which is probably a good thing since I've no idea what I'd say to him. Or her. I can't help but notice my presence wasn't requested for a 'thank you for saving my life Signora Schreiber' talk. I suppose he doesn't like thinking about how he had to be rescued."

Jarla raised a copper eyebrow as she looked at Elsa. "I take it is all true about my brother and how he died. The wrong place at the wrong time because Irene hates you?"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

"That's the essence of it, yes," said Elsa in a low voice. "Just make sure you keep it down. I'm not sure how many people are in the know."

She drained a third of her mug in one go, then gave a sigh. "I'm... not sure what should be done about this. I don't want her dead... or rather, I don't think her death would bring me satisfaction. If it were up to me, I'd settle for banishing her from the Reaches with only whatever she can carry. But I think she'll go unpunished for now, unless we do something reckless. And I don't want to do something reckless. Enough blood's been spilled on her account."

She brought her mug to her lips again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

18. - Top - End - #108

BlackDragon

Jarla

A dark expression flashed across Jarla's face, though with visible effort she managed to bite back on whatever she was going to say. The copper haired woman stared down into her half empty glass. After a long moment she said, in a low voice: "I see. Well if you are not going to help me do what needs to be done can I at least ask that you and your other friends not interfere?"

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa was silent for a moment.

"I can't make any such promise," she said at last. "I sympathize with your goal, Jarla... but my friends and I have worked hard and risked life and limb these past two years to help the Reaches gain some semblance of stability. If whatever you're planning may threaten this stability... then you and I may find ourselves in opposition. So you'd best plan it without my knowledge."

She gave Jarla a long look. "Revenge is always a selfish pursuit, Jarla. Always. You can pretend you're doing it for your brother, but that's a lie you're telling yourself."
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2021-05-09 at 01:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

20. - Top - End - #110

BlackDragon

Jarla

If Jarla had looked angry and upset before she looked murderous now. "Gods, for all you hate each other you can rival her for arrogance Holt. I can see this talk was a mistake from the start. Good day wizardess and I'll see you in Savonne. Rest assured I won't be doing anything 'reckless'."

Donning her cap and dumping her ale on a nearby table Jarla strode away in the direction of the door.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Urgrim wandered across Jarla's path, a little unsteady, as she was walking to the door.

"Schreiber!" he announced, having forgotten everything about the last time they'd spoken. "When you shot that walking uzkular ..." He pointed a finger up into her face. "You stole my victory!" He made a sour face, but broke into a snigger almost instantly. "C'mere," he said, slapping Jarla on the shoulder, "I owe you a drink!"
    Last edited by Thragka; 2021-05-09 at 02:08 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

BlackDragon

Jarla

Jarla shot a glare at the dwarf, but seeing his happy drunken face she hesitated, softening a fraction. "Fine. I've never said no to a bought drink before and tonight isn't a reason to start. Just don't mention Holt, Sforza or his wife."

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa sighed sadly. She had not expected her mere refusal to cooperate to get Jarla so angry, but she did not regret her words or her decision. This was bigger than themselves. She just could not go to war over a dead man. Especially not now, with the Reaches having attained a very fragile peace.

Elsa and Sieghard

"Oh, Sieghard," said Elsa the next time she saw him alone. "I got us a room at the Star."

Her cheeks took on a slightly pink hue. "Did you want to... I don't know... hire one of Filomena's girls? Spice things up a bit?"
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2021-05-09 at 02:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ra-hey!" Urgrim called at Jarla's acceptance. "It's just umgi pisswater here, but it'll do," he added as he led her to the bar. "Oh, begging your pardon."

"Holt?" he said, while they were waiting for their drinks, after Jarla's words had percolated through his brain. "Look – she's an idiot. Saved my life a couple of times, aye, I'll fight by her side, don't get me wrong," he added, nodding effusively. "But she's ... set in her ways. Not very imaginative." Urgrim eventually realised he shouldn't be striving to find more ways to say that same thing. "Anyway. The zangunaz is dead!" he announced to the Star at large.
    Last edited by Thragka; 2021-05-09 at 02:43 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa & Sforza

"Oh, no!" Elsa assured him quickly. "If I had those, I'd have told you. It's, uh... some money. At the time I buried it, the situation in the Reaches was such that it seemed unwise to keep all of one's gold in one place."
    "Mm," said Sforza. "And you are planning to retrieve it now?" He arched an eyebrow. "A woman travelling with large sums of money should have guards. Esteban will give you two of his men."

The Star

Quote Originally Posted by Thragka View Post
    "Anyway. The zangunaz is dead!" Urgrim announced to the Star at large.
    The corner that was thronged with Dwimmulsons erupted in hearty cheers. Most of the human clientele looked confused as to what a zangunaz was, but a good number of them cheered anyway.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Haven't written a section specifically for continuing the conversation, but yes, Berki has joined you in the pub.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard and Elsa

It wasn't normal to see Elsa blush, even when drunk, and Sieghard couldn't help but smirk.

"Filomena and her girls are up in Savonne," he told her. "Besides, I think tonight I'd rather just celebrate with you," he replied. "We slew a monster that could've been the end of all of us. I want to enjoy that he's dead and we both still live... Like when we killed the orc king." He glanced around to make sure there was still no one in earshot. "You said Sforza plans on celebrating the victory when he marches back north, right? If you still want to when we reach the city, we'll see about it then."

Later that evening, the two of them laid awake together, enjoying each other's warmth. "With all that's been happening, I never had a good chance to ask," he said, breaking the silence. "Do you know what happened to those letters you wrote,"
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2021-05-09 at 06:21 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117

BlackDragon

Jarla

Jarla joined in Urgrim's toast and happily greeted Berki, pleased to see the ranger was still on his feet. "A battle for long stories and longer toasts."

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

"The Slayer!" Urgrim nearly shouted with a raised vessel when Sieghard arrived to the Star. "The hero who struck the vampire low – with Zonbrynaz! No other umgi could wield it!"
    Last edited by Thragka; 2021-05-09 at 05:30 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa

"Mm," said Sforza. "And you are planning to retrieve it now?" He arched an eyebrow. "A woman travelling with large sums of money should have guards. Esteban will give you two of his men."
    Elsa suppressed a sigh, not only at the imposition but also at how transparent Sforza's intent was. He knew she had her own friends who could protect her. His excuse was almost more insulting than his mistrust.

"Yeah, sure. Thank you."

And when they return, they'll tell you the same thing I told you: it's just gold.

She also resolved to take at least one of her friends. She trusted Esteban's men, for the most part, but one hundred and fifty crowns was a large enough sum of money to make gears turn inside men's heads. Especially in the wilderness.

Elsa and Sieghard

"You said Sforza plans on celebrating the victory when he marches back north, right? If still want to when we reach the city, we'll see about it then."

"I'd like that very much," said Elsa, her blush deepening.

Later that evening, the two of them laid awake together, enjoying each other's warmth. "With all that's been happening, I never had a good chance to ask," he said, breaking the silence. "Do you know what happened to those letters you wrote?"
    Elsa stiffened a bit in Sieghard's arms. Evidently this was not a topic she liked to discuss. "I'm not sure, but I imagine Sforza destroyed them after the trial. Why do you ask?"
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2021-05-09 at 06:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

"And the ranger who put a quarrel between his ribs!" Sieghard shouted back, walking over to sit next to Urgrim. He glanced over at Berki. "You're the dwarf who joined the crossbowmen, right? Charged into the battle with an axe once the spirits showed up. Very brave of you." Very reckless as well, but Sieghard was hardly one to talk. "Urgrim, introduce me to your friend."

Later, with Elsa

"Well..." he began, also finding the topic a bit awkward. "One of them was meant for me, wasn't it? I'd like to have it."
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2021-05-09 at 06:20 PM.