New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Re: Is Durkon going to become (or already is) an apostate?

Quote Originally Posted by pearl jam View Post
    I've seen reruns. I don't remember that specific joke though.
    I'm old enough to have watched it back when it was first on, but the joke pre-dates the show.

Laugh-In could be hilarious and innovative at times, but it could also be cheesy and didn't mind re-telling old jokes, either.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    I'd say rather than skewed and warped, informed, but you are on to something here. Deities do not see things as mortals do (which makes a lot of sense, if you are immortal and you've made and seen destroyed millions of worlds, are stuck with one quiddity, etc). Where ya sit determines what ya see.

I love your take on the Redcloak/TDO meeting: not what I expected would be a cool way for it to go ...
    Yeah like, we know that Thor is a chill dude from his conversations. but the Dark One, he ain't a chill dude, not from what we've heard. I don't think he will be. I think Redcloak is not going to have as nice a conversation with him, and its going to be very revealing what his gods priorities actually are, how his god feels about all this and what his reaction is to even the possibility that this could be resolved peacefully.

like.....what if TDO is Redcloak turned up to eleven so much that Redcloak when he finally talks to him realizes "oh my you....is THAT what I sound like!? I'm a jerk!" or something like that. y'know something that clues Redcloak in about maybe his god can be wrong about what to do.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I think Redcloak is not going to have as nice a conversation with him, and its going to be very revealing what his gods priorities actually are, how his god feels about all this and what his reaction is to even the possibility that this could be resolved peacefully.
    {snip} What if TDO is Redcloak turned up to eleven so much that Redcloak when he finally talks to him realizes "oh my you....is THAT what I sound like!? I'm a jerk!"
    I like where you are going with this; wonder if that's where Rich is headed. And I so want to see that conversation now.

The strip(s) where TDO and Redcloak discuss {stuff} will be a great recalibration opportunity.
    (*crossing fingers* I hope that's in Rich's plan)
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

It's going to be Oona. She's the only member of Team Evil or at least associate who said "Hmmm, The dwarves have a point." (#1212) How long was she standing there? Probably the entire time. (She also notes Redcloak didn't answer her question in #1213, despite the fact she already knows the answer to that question. Not their names, but their purpose.)
    Last edited by JonahFalcon; 2021-05-08 at 06:13 AM.