BarbarianGuy

Default Savage Masks: Hite Academy Hijinks, IC

WELCOME
    to....
    SAVAGE MASKS
    Hite Academy Hijinks

Online Issue #01

When Last We Left Our Heroes...

Team Renegade had battled against the Superlatives in the third intramural power brawl match of the school year. The game was called after the first play after it was discovered that the Hyperion Harness; the super-tech device meant to ensure a player's safety while still allowing for the full use of participant's powers, had been sabotaged. Resulting in the air lift and hospitalization of Requiem, one of the Superlatives.

As the remnants of both teams, accompanied by Moon Maiden, one of the school's PE Teachers and coaches, walked back to the buses to return to the main campus, they were attacked by a number of killer robots and Moon Maiden was dragged below ground by an unseen assailant.

After dismantling their robotic attackers, the students retrieved their teacher from a decrepit subway stop and made it back to school without incident.

Andre, resident Delinquent, called a team meeting (in the library of all places) where the group discussed recent events, the loss of their teammate, The Herald, and possible connections between their past actions and today. Having hit a wall in solving the perceived mystery, our team has gone their separate ways for the evening....

September 9th, 20XX

Joule:

Leaving the library behind, you pass through equally quiet and echoing halls before making your way outside and across campus to Nu dorm. You are passed by Ivan and Brooke, apparently out for a late night jog. Your roommie gives you a sidelong look as they clomp past you, huffing and puffing, but doesn't say anything. Their heavy tread echos across the quad but is otherwise swallowed up by the night. You still haven't received an answer from Grayson by the time you arrive at his door.

Shifter:

Your wrist communicator chirps, alerting you to a message from Black Gecko. You're still in the library, which seems empty besides Sophie Mactyr, holding her hair back from her face as she leans over a book, staring at the pages as if she can extract what she needs through sheer intimidation, and one of the library assistants leaned back in a chair with her legs propped up on the desk, her phone lights up her face as she mindlessly scrolls.

Quasar:

Since finally returning to campus, you haven't seen much of your roommate, Jake Marshall. You mostly catch some perfunctory greetings late at night and early in the morning, but you haven't had a chance to chat with him properly. You return to your dorm to finally learn the two of you are home at the same time. More specifically, you find him doing crunches at his bed and reading pages from a textbook as he does so. His stereo is playing a hard rock rendition of the anthem and other Americana classics.

Jake's side of the room is resplendent with various versions of the American flag, banners of its military branches, and various quotes, pictures, and documents of American history. His omnipresent aviators are folded up and lay on a Gadsden flag handkerchief on his nightstand.

How do you feel about your uber-patriot of a roommie? What does your side of the room look like? What, if anything, do you need to get done before getting some much deserved rest. It's been pretty go-go-go since you got back to campus.

Andre:
    Determined to snub your house arrest, on principle if nothing else, You meander your way until you arrive at The Tower. Place seems pretty empty, even of the usual suspects. A few tell-tale lights from some of the upper floors indicate the place isn't completely empty.

Anomaly:
    It's relatively late on a school night, where can you be found? In your dorm with Grayson? At the gym, either by yourself or with another classmate? Doing something else entirely? Are you with anyone?

Tsu
    It's been a hectic couple of weeks, flying to America, getting your admissions and housing sorted with Hite Academy, learning your way around this wacky, uber-powered city. But. It's done. You spent most of your first day getting the nickel-tour with
    Ricochet, one of the more admin-focused former heroes at Hite Academy. You were also introduced to your roommate.

Who was it? Who are you sharing a tiny concrete box with for the next 6ish months until the 3rd quarter opportunity to swap rooomies?

Was it Max Weiser, better known as the hulking brute, "Malathrope". You don't know the backstory, but he currently is a mass of ever-shifting flesh, various bits and pieces emerging, solidifying, and then, with little warning, reshaping to something else. When you were introduced, he stood on an elephant's tree-trunk like legs, wore a tortoise's shell upon his back, gestured with the black-on-black arm of a gorilla and the stripped paw of a tiger, and stared at you with the beady eyes of a badger. By the time you'd left the room to continue the tour, he'd lost his shell and sported useless wings, sprouted sharks teeth in a tiger's maw, and lost one of his arms to a squirming mass of squid-tentacles.

Or, was it instead another Foreign Exchange student, from an even more distant and mysterious land than your own: The eldritch fey entity known in his monstrous form as Elgenwyght, but as a concession to the sensibilities of most of the students, is instead a wiry, thin blonde man with unsettling blue eyes: Sam Mactyr. A literal Fey from the literal, actual fey courts, long thought forever severed from this mortal coil.

Team:
    What... do you do?

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/whatnot!
    Show

CARDS!

Tsu is dealt "Spill The Beans"
    Anomaly is dealt Get Savage "Angry Mob"
    Andre is dealt "Out of the Frying Pan"
    Quasar is dealt "Dressed to Kill"
    Shifter is dealt "Deadly Blow"
    Joule is dealt "Lucky Break"

Starting Camaraderie has been allocated and can be found in the OOC thread.

@Zero Prime: Your character sheet is not ready yet, in the event you need to roll something Savage, assume you have a d6 in everything, a d6+2 in things you feel Tsu would be particularly adept at, and a d6-2 in things you feel like he might not be very competent at.
    I expect to have your sheet finished by this time tomorrow.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Savage Masks: Hite Academy Hijinks, IC

Axel spends his night at the gym by himself. Earbuds in, listening to music. He wears shorts and a hoodie as he runs the treadmill. Self-consciously he takes a look around making sure no one is looking in his direction.

Notice - 4
    Let me know if my formating needs to change at all

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Determined to snub your house arrest, on principle if nothing else, You meander your way until you arrive at The Tower. Place seems pretty empty, even of the usual suspects. A few tell-tale lights from some of the upper floors indicate the place isn't completely empty.
    "I go out of my way to swing by and nobody's here...", Andre says as he kicks a small rock into the side of the massive structure. "Figures."

His eyes narrow as he studies the windows of the uppermost parts of the tower. "Guess it couldn't hurt to take a look."

Andre decides to investigate the source of the lights within the tower but opts to keep a low profile until he can figure out who's currently occupying the towers rooms. He chooses to fly as he makes his way towards the tower's upper rooms in order to keep sound to a minimum.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Alexis gives Brooke and Ivan a small wave and lets them pass. Hopefully, she wouldn’t hear about this from her RA roommate later. She didn’t really feel like arguing with Brooke. The rest of the way, Alex is lost in her own thoughts as she makes her way to Grayson’s dorm. I hope he isn’t too upset about today. I wonder if he went to the nurse and had one of them check him out.

She knows it’s only been a couple months, but she really cares for him. He was sweet and kind, so unlike her last few boyfriends.

Alex knocks on his door, not too loud since it was after hours. “Hey Grayson? Are you okay?” she asks.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Fighting the strong urge to go bug Sophie, curious as to what she is attempting to burn a hole through; Shane chooses instead to listen to the ping, years of personal experience rising to the surface with a shudder of times he didn't respond to Black Gecko in a timely manor. Letting himself fall through the gaps of existence in a way he couldn't articulate (with a Spirit roll of 4) he phases out to then walk up to the roof via quiet but purposeful steps up the library wall.
    Upon reaching the roof, Shane takes a second to appreciate the view. Releasing the tension built up from the day's events with a sigh, he then pulls up the tiny, wrist watch sized computer screen built into his left gauntlet(currently in the form of a shiny metal Bangle) and checks the message from his mentor.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Jackson is tired and wants to go to sleep. His initial thoughts of his roommate are (“oh I bet this won’t get old quick.”) I don’t Initiate a greeting beyond a nod of acknowledgment and make my way to my bed. I proceed to fasten a harness to the bed (nothing to Intrusive. Not much more than a belt.) waking up on the ceiling is rather unpleasant, the fall right after isn’t fun either. I complete my evening routine and proceed to journal the days events. “I’ve barely been back and I’m already being Attacked by villains. What on earth happened while I was gone?”
    Last edited by Grezos; 2021-05-06 at 06:50 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Anomaly:

The gym is deserted. Your frequent late night trips have allowed you to pick up the loose patterns of comings and goings of other late night gym crawlers. Monday and Tuesday are the busiest. Looking around the empty gym, you observe someone didn't re-rack their weights properly, another careless classmate didn't roll up and store their floor-mat. Your reflection in the meat-case windows lining one wall of the gym stares back at you. Just before you can settle in and enjoy the solitude, you see Kathryn Bishop, aka Hellcat, enter the gym in a crop top and Hellion branded shorts. Her expression sours when she sees you. She sighs and heads over to the open space away from the equipment and starts stretching and warming up.

It is the first time you've encountered Hellcat at the gym.

Andre:
    You float upwards through the coiling halls and staircases of The Tower. God only knows why they never put an elevator in this thing. Occasionally you pass an ornate mirror hanging from the wall, suspended from the ceiling, or resting on a stand. A masked face observes you from these mirrors as you ascend. The place is dark aside from the occasional faux-candelabra providing just enough illumination for people to see without tripping over themselves as they look for a light switch. Eventually, you rise to the floor where more lights are on. You are at the mouth of a staircase that dumps into a T-intersection. To your left, you can see flickering multi-colored lights and hear faint chanting and laughter. To your right, you hear a crash, the sound of many things being dropped or knocked over, and some muffled cursing.

OOC: Roll Stealth if you wish to sneak up on either party.

Joule:

The door opens to reveal a slightly unkempt Grayson. He's wearing a ragged album T-shirt and non-school issue gym shorts. The soundtrack of a popular video game leaks out into the hallway along with the blue light from the TV. Grayson blinks at you a few times and says "Oh, Hey Alexis. I, uh, I thought you guys were like, combin- he clears his throat - confined to quarters or something? I'm doing okay I guess?" He says noncommittally. He peeks out and looks up and down the hallway. "Did you, uhm, wanna go do something?" He asks in a reserved tone. His expression is guarded.

Shifter:
    The open countryside separating the school from Aeon City proper stretches away into the night. The campus is fairly well lit, even at this hour, but designed in such a fashion that the light pollution is minimal, and you can see a fair number of stars in the partly cloudy sky. Aeon City itself glows in the distance, hiding more stars from you than the lights less than thirty feet away.
    You open the message to discover it is a quasi-automated text-only message, informing you of new intel being added to your data-base, with an encouragement to review and assimilate it at the earliest opportunity.

The contents of the update are not included, but a small bulleted list of the salient points is provided: Apparently Sanguinous is horning in on Boombox's turf, but there's been no associated uptick in violence in the affected areas: A warehouse in the commercial district, a second-hand electronics store, and Colvin Street are flagged as places of interest for either you or Gecko to follow up on when the opportunity presents itself.

It's listed as Priority: Low, for your mentor, and Priority: Moderate, for you.

Quasar:

As you begin to journal, you hear the distinct sound of a text book slamming shut, followed by Jake grunt as he does a kip up and walks over to you. "Sounds like you had an interesting day. Spill. What happened?" He says his semi-permanent grin plastered across his face. "Word is you guys had it out with a group of R-Bots?"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Tsu Yang Zhou, aka, Phoenix Fist
    CHARISMA: +0 | PACE: 16 | TOUGHNESS: 6 | PARRY: 9
    WOUNDS: 0 | FATIGUE: 0 | BENNIES: 3
    Doom Track: O O O O O
    Active Effects: None.
    Conditions: None.

It was a cool September day as Zhou took the tour of the Academy, he followed behind the Residence Assistant, Ricochet, listening carefully as the older hero explained the general layout of the campus, the facilities available to students. He also received his class schedule, and reviewed it carefully, taking note of his instructors names, and the various course loads and academic expectations.

Once the tour had concluded, he was directed towards his residence that he would be sharing with, he cheked his notes, a Samuel Mactyr. He was not unaccustomed to sharing a domicile with his fellow students, it was common for younger students, or those who hadn't been chosen by one of the Hidden Masters to share a singular training hall, sleeping on mats on the floor itself. By comparison, the mattress, desk, shelving, and closet were a luxury, and one that Zhou would, indeed, take advantage of. He had hoped the academy would provide him a location in their gymnasium for his Mu ren zhuang, or Wing Chun Dummy, however, he hadn't been able to obtain permissions. Undeterred he had set up the large vertical frame at the foot of his bed before beginning the tour, now he took the limbs out of the duffel bag on his bed, and set them up in his favored configuration for strike, block, counter strike, kick, knee, thrust combinations.

He then began unpacking his binders and notepads, placing them in the drawers at his desk, a selection of pens, colored pencils, and brushes and ink wells. A leather bound journal, he carefully, almost reverently placed atop the papers. Thoughts of the Vale, and the lessons learned flitted through his thoughts, and finally a picture, worn, stained, of a middle aged man, his wife, and two young children playing with a ball on the floor of a tiny hovel. A happier time, he thought wistfully.

It was then he heard the door open, and turned to see a thiny, wiry young man, with golden blond hair, and vibrantly lue, piercing eyes. Zhou quickly turned, gave a nod, keeping his eyes lowered, he resisted the urge to bring his right fist to his left palm over his heart, a standard greeting of respect to a fellow student at the Vale. "Good afternoon, I am Tsu Yang Zhou, and it appears that we will be sharing this dormitory for the semester. A pleasure to meet you."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Alexis' lips quirk up involuntary into a small grin upon seeing her boyfriend. He looked okay, but his expression said he seemed to be feeling otherwise.

She shrugs at his first question. "We were only under house arrest until the Power Brawl game." Alex pauses as she tries to sift through her thoughts, then says, "But even if I was still in trouble I'd try come see you. I sent you a couple texts and I was worried about you when you didn't answer, you know? We had a lot go on today and I wanted to make sure you were okay. Can I come in so we can talk? Please?" she asks.
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-05-06 at 10:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Jackson finishes his entry. (sigh) “Well we were heading back from the Mach and we got jumped. . . (Proceeds to give a play by play of the conflict.) And after we got Moon Maiden from the subway tunnel we headed back.” (As a note I left out anything about the tampered harnesses, the fact that my team was called out by name, and that Grayson can’t use his powers right now as far as I know)

11. - Top - End - #11

NinjaGuy

Andre ascends the tower in silence, his eyes occasionally lingering on the masked face in the mirror. Definitely not creepy at all...

Upon reaching the top of the staircase Andre finds his feet and listens to the sounds emanating from both directions, attempting to discern the nature of what's happening in each direction. The sound of a crash echoes through the hall on his right as he listens from the landing. Sounds like more trouble than I want to deal with right now. So let's take a look in the other direction. He thinks to himself as the edges of his mouth twist upward into a mischievous smirk.

Andre approaches the opening of the room attempting to avoid being spotted before he can figure out who's all here and what's going on.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Stealth: 3

Common Knowledge: 9

Rolling Common Knowledge to see if Andre would know or recognize who the masked face in the mirrors belongs to or what the nature of the mask is!
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2021-05-08 at 02:47 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Axel sighs internally, his eyes passing over his gym-mates laziness "Someday they'll be properly put back." Clicking a button on his earbuds Axel skips to the next song on the playlist. His gaze finds its way back to the large mirror infront of him as it always does. Watching as his body jog on the treadmill. One foot fall always landing heavier than the other. His gaze never wandering higher than his chin. "Atleast there's no one's here to stare."

Axel's body tenses as a reaction to the sound of someone entering the gym. Seeing Kathryn, Axel looks away as quickly as he turned. "Great." Axel thinks, side eyeing the turned over mat and misplaced weights "I bet she thinks I just left the mat there and put the weights back wrong." he let's loose another internal sigh "And if I go over to put them back properly that only makes me look even more guilty." Axel steals another glance at Kathryn "Maybe I can just wait her out and then I can clear it up."
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2021-05-08 at 03:10 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Zhou:

Sam tilts his head quizically. His eyes flick down and and back up again, taking you in before seeming to shimmer and he stares at your chest. Right at the covered tattoos. "Ywllcht hygh, boloroch, Tsu Yang Zhou." he rumbles. Then starts, remembering and offers a hand. "Hello Tsu Yang Zhou. You may call me Sam. Or Samuel" he says with a shrug. His (second?) greeting is delivered in a normal human baritone. After shaking hands, He perches on his raised bed, legs crossed beneath him. the wall and ceiling above his bed are covered in various braided ropes and dangling charms and dream catchers and similar quasi-natural bric-a-brac.

He rests an elbow on his knee, and then places his chin on his knuckles, still staring at you. "What do you hope to be, I wonder, Tsu Yang Zhou?" His eyes seem to shimmer again before he finally blinks, and they are simply an unsettling, watery blue.

Joule:

"Oh, that's right, I remember you telling me that now. That's good." He says when you point out that your house arrest ended this morning, before he got zapped and de-dragon-ified. He blinks a few times and looks over his shoulder back into the room when you tell him you texted him. "Did you? Sorry, I've got my phone on vibrate an' I didn' hear it buzzing."

"I'm fine." He says, a little flatly. Then, softer. "yeah, Sure, Come on in." He says and then opens the door for you before shutting it behind you and locking it. He looks between his chair in front of the TV and the edge of his bed and shuffles before going and turning the chair around and plopping down. "So, uhm. What's up? How's your team doing since the- since the fight?" He doesn't place any additional emphasis on the word 'your'.

Spoiler: OOC - Anomaly:
    Show

Hey, what's your half of the room look like?
    How do you feel about Grayson having some girl over? especially when you're not home?

Quasar:

Jake lets out an impressed whistle when you finish. "Dude, that sounds intense." He crosses his arms and the muscles in his chest and biceps visibly tighten. He makes a frustrated noise. "I wish I coulda been there! So, what's the deal, you guys tangled with the R-bots, why were they after you guys? that's crazy!"

Andre:

Leaving the muttered cursing and cluttery noises behind you, you advance on the technicolor room. As you peak around the door frame, you see thick, coiling, wisps of smoke rolling off of you, they flicker and shimmer in the light, and you can't seem to make it stop. But only the parts of you exposed to the lights are doing it.

Inside the room, you see the chalk-white, leather and denim clad figure of Drace Whitmore, or Kid Sinister as he calls himself. He's standing with his arms raised and facing a set of 9 braziers on the floor, the collective source of the funky lighting. He mutters something in a language you don't recognize, and you see a displacement in the smoke writhe and twist and you hear that echoing laughter again, and a response in that same language.

Thankfully, Drace is facing away from you, so he hasn't noticed your rainbow shine yet.

Spoiler: OOC: Common Knowledge witha Raise
    Show

Kaleidoscope tried to explain it to you once, it got technical and way over your head, but the gist is it's some sort of magical security system that guards the tower. Apparently really nasty monsters live in the mirror, but they somehow can differentiate between students and faculty and intruders.

Anomaly:

Kathryn very deliberately always faces the wall away from you while she's stretching. When she's done, she walks over to one of the banks of lockers for personal gear and removes a series of weights and padded gloves. She straps the weights to her arms and legs and puts on the glove and head's over to the heavy bag and starts wailing on it. Every few hits there's a scattering of sparks or a brief flash.
    Last edited by big teej; 2021-05-08 at 06:33 PM. Reason: fat fingered a character's name.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Alex slips her shoes off at the door and then takes a seat cross-legged on the edge of Grayson's bed. "The team's fine," she says. "None of us got hurt in the match or against the guys that attacked us afterword. But that's not what I wanted to talk about. I wanted to talk about you," she says firmly, looking Grayson in the eye. "Did you go to the nurse to get checked out after we got back? I should've gone with you instead of meeting the team, if you did. If not, you should really go in the morning so we can find out what's up with you. Unless whatever was blocking your powers has worn off."

Alexis takes a breath, getting her thoughts in order, before she continues. "I also want to apologize to you, Grayson. If I hadn't asked you to be on the team, you wouldn't have gotten... zapped, or whatever happened to you. It's my fault, and I hope you'll forgive me."

She nods after her statement, satisfied that she'd said what she needed to get off her chest. "You did great in the match, by the way. I saw you take on Meteor and Pristine."

Spoiler: Rolls and Mechanics
    Show
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-05-09 at 01:50 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

As the fae's eyes seemed to pierce through him Zhou steadied his breath, slow, rhythmic, he closed his eyes as he inhaled, then opened them as he exhaled, and met Samuel's intense gaze. "To be a better man than I was yesterday, and to provide tomorrow's self with a foundation upon which he can grow. To be a healer, a teacher, a friend," he left a portion of his respone unsaid, 'and brother.' As he spoke his answer, despite concealing a portion of his truth, he met the odd, otherworldly eyes of his roommate, patiently, serenely, almost intimately.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    OOC: Rolling Mundane, with Influence, to Pierce Samuel's Mask: (2d6)+1=7. Partial Success. One question, "How can I get Samuel to reveal what he most values?"
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2021-05-09 at 06:33 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

NinjaGuy

What the...? Andre raises a brow in confusion before he begins frantically patting himself down in an attempt to put out the smoke. The hell is even going on in here? You know what? I'm not in the mood to find out.

"Trouble it is." He whispers softly to himself as he turns and heads down the hallway towards the source of the crashing sounds.The smirk on his face vanishes just as quickly as it first appeared and an air of unease hang over him. He glances at his shoulders as he makes his way through the corridor, looking for any signs of smoke as he walks.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2021-05-09 at 06:50 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Axel's half of the room has a bunk desk combo. His desk is littered with worksheets, scribbled notes, and open textbooks. Axel doesn't care if people are in the dorm while he's away.

Seeing Kathryn deliberately ignoring him, Axel takes a deep breath. "Ooook. Looks like I'll be here for a while." Hopping off the machine Axel lands off balance but manages not to fall. "****," he whispers. Steadying himself, he takes a moment to adjust his footing. Axel moves towards a bench press grabbing some of the misplaced weights. As Axel walks around he seems to walk with a slight limp with his left leg landing a litter harder. "A little heavier than I'm used to but they'll do." He thinks setting the weights in place. He wipes down the bench before preparing himself. Grabbing the bar Axel closes his eyes and focuses for a moment. He feels a weight grow in his left hand as it shifts from the standard glass to the polished steel of the barbell. "They say it shouldn't break but better to be safe than sorry eh." Once the shift is complete Axel begins his sets, going a little faster than normal.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Joule:

Grayson's expression softens when you tell him you want to apologize. But he frowns as you do so. He looks away, a little confused. "That's.... what you wanted to apologize for?" he says. He blinks a couple of times. He stands back up, pacing in the tiny dorm. "What, I can't handle it? You're sorry because you should've asked someone you didn't need to protect? someone so weak? or just someone already on the team? Is that why you didn't say anything on the bus?" He stops, facing away from you, fists clenched. Silent.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

Comfort and Support: On a hit, they hear you, they gain a benefit if they open up to you. you decide if they've opened up.

Zhou:

Meeting his gaze, your vision blurs momentarily and you catch the barest snatches of a ghostly figure, obscured by the solidity of Samuel's form, but mimicking his posture and mannerisms exactly. He considers your answer before saying "This seems a more... directed answer than many of yo- our peers, are able to provide."

Spoiler: OOC/mechanics/whatnot
    Show

On a hit, they (I) will answer you honestly: If you simply ask him, you'll get an answer roughly as honest as yours.

Roll Lore: Occult, or Smarts at -2,

Andre:

You leave Drace and... whatever the literal hell he is up to behind, and come upon Skye Brockington, aka Staccato, quickly tip-toeing her way away from the room you heard the crash from. She has her arms wrapped around a leather-bound book, roughly the size of your History textbook. She's staring over her shoulder and down the hall. She's muttering under her breath, seemingly to herself.

Anomaly:

Your lifting and exertion is punctuated by the rapid thudding and smacking of Hellcat working the bag, eventually culminating in a fwoosh and a flare of yellow light. You hear the Velcro on her gloves and then a voice say, in a moderately sour tone. "You're going too fast." Hellcat appears in your peripheral vision. "Your form is crap." She adds, leaning over a bit. You can see steam rising off her exposed arms and the back of her neck.... it doesn't seem that cold in here.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Alexis' eyebrows knit together as Grayson explains to her what had really been bothering him. "That's not what I meant..." I was so wrong! she thinks. How do I fix this?

As he walks away from her, she stands, crossing the room and stopping in front of his chair. "Grayson... that's not what I meant at all, and you know it. I know you're not weak! I saw you take down Meteor all on your own. But anyone would be scared if they lost their powers... I know I would be," she says, glancing down at the floor. "And what's wrong with wanting to protect you? I care about you... a lot. I wouldn't be here now if I didn't."

Alexis takes another small step closer to him. "I didn't think to say anything on the bus because that's how Andre always acts. I should have said something. He kicked you while you were down, and it was wrong, and I'm sorry that I didn't say anything to him. I'm sorry I didn't realize that I hurt you that badly. Please, Grayson, tell what I can do to make this right."
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-05-10 at 08:54 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Axel nearly drops the bar as Hellcat speaks "Wh-what?" He stutters. Setting the bar down Axel instinctively tugs at the sleeve of his hoodie not meeting Hellcat's eye. "Well, your form would be bad too if you had a metal arm." Axel studies Kathryn as he slowly sits up and takes out his earbuds. "So what brings you in? No one is usually in this late, need to blow off some steam?" Axel massages his arm as it slowly shifts back to its original form.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Joule:

Grayson takes several deep breaths. You see his breath fogging in the air. His shoulders slump and he turns back to you, finally meeting your gaze. "I..." He swallows, gathers himself, and tries again. "I believe you." He looks away frowning. You can see the gears turning in his head.

"I... don't know what to tell you, Alexis." He says, his frown deepening. "I'm not saying you can't do anything to make it better. I just... I dunno what that is right now." He sidles past you and sits on his bunk.

"Oh. Uhm. My powers are fine. I think." He says, distracted. "It was really freaky. But I'm pretty sure I'm fine. I almost changed in the hall, so I didn't go to see the doc." His face screws up in disgust. "That freak. I can't believe they let him work here, or what they did to him."

He shakes his head, trying to get back on topic. "I really appreciate you coming to see me. I don't think most of the kids here would make that kinda gesture."

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

You may re-assess if Grayson has opened up to you per Comfort or Support
    Grayson is telling you that he doesn't think most students could admit to screwing up like this, and you're a better person for it. He is attempting to shift your Superior down and your Mundane up.
    Accept or Reject his Influence.

Anomaly:

"Sloppy is sloppy" she says, crossing her arms. "Excuses don't cut it." She grits her teeth when she says this, like suppressing an unhappy memory. "I don't like working in the Hellions' gym, and I don't like an audience." She says, staring at your arm as it morphs and changes.

"I was a little surprised to find you here. It's late."

22. - Top - End - #22

NinjaGuy

Andre comes to a dead stop when Skye suddenly walks into view. Any thoughts clouding his mind are instantly washed away by his need to say something, anything to the girl standing in front of him.

"Hey Skye." He looks at the book in her arms and leans his body to look down the hallway past Skye in an exaggerated manner before locking eyes with her. "So... what's with the book?", Andre as a slight smirk begins to reemerge across his face.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2021-05-09 at 10:44 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Alexis lets out the breath she didn't know she had held as Grayson says he believes her. After a moment she sits down next to him on his bed and takes one of his hands if he lets her. "When you figure out what I can do, let me know."

She tilts her head at his apparent distaste for the doctor. "I'm glad your powers are okay. But why do feel that way about the doctor? I haven't had to go see him yet. I honestly don't know anything about him."

As he finishes his thoughts, she nods, her thumb rubbing slow, mindless circles on the back of his hand. "I knew something was wrong. I just didn't understand what. I'm glad I came by too," she says. "Thank you for talking to me, and not shutting me out." Alex looks over at the TV. "What were you playing? You wanna go a few rounds before I leave?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I do think that Grayson has opened up to me after that conversation.

I accept his label change. Mundane up, Superior down.
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-05-10 at 07:57 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Axel winces at Hellcat's response but gives a small nod. "Late nights like these allow for the free use of the equipment and no one to stare as I work out." He says resting his hand inside his hoodie pocket. "Seems we share that sentiment at least." he finishes looking up at Kathryn. After a pause, he sighs and looks away "What's wrong with the Hellion's gym? I bet it's nicer than this one. And you must not hate it that much since this is the first time I've seen you in here."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Zhou's eyes narrowed as he saw the ephemeral reflection of, what he assumed, was Samuel's spiritual nature. As the young man spoke of Zhou's straight forward, if introspective, answer, he shrugged non-commitally. "Perhaps it is because I, too, straddle two worlds, one of flesh, the other spirit." He got up then, and continued unpacking, stowing and folding clothing to place it the dresser provided. He checked his schedule, seeing what classes he had in the morning, before looking up at his room mate, continuing his thought.

"Why are you here Samuel, what does the Academy offer you?"

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    OOC: Occult, unskilled, check=(Smarts (d6), Wild (d6))-2=(5, 3)-2=3 I think that's formatted correctly for a Savage Worlds die roll, d6 smarts & a wild die, then -2 from the highest die? If not let me know.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

“I wish I knew myself.” Jackson said a little indignant. “I mean isn’t it a little bit ridiculous that the schools gotten attacked twice in what like two months that can’t be normal.” After an exasperated sigh “ there’s nothing I can do about it now though. I’m beat so I’m gonna hit the rack.”
    Last edited by Grezos; 2021-05-11 at 08:37 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quasar:

Jake quirks an eyebrow at your tone, but shrugs and gives you some space. "Arright man, I getcha, g'night I guess." He says as he walks back over to his side of the room and starts putting things away, leaving you to your thoughts and your rest.

Phoenix Fist:

Samuel steeples his fingers, considering his answer before shrugging again and saying, "I do not know if I am supposed to speak of it. I do not know how much of the True History I am to share. The Fey Courts severed their connection and tether to this realm in what your people call the dark ages. Recently, that tether was reforged. Sophie and I, along with many others, have been..." He pauses, his brow furrowing. "Dis...patched?" He makes a sweeping motion with his hand and continues. "To this place of learning, and several other locations to... facilitate diplomacy." He makes a face, and you can tell he's unsure if he's put that sentence together properly.

He wobbles back and forth before stilling and continuing "I suppose, it also offers me, in particular, a unique opportunity for learning and growth."

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/whatnot
    Show

Near as I can tell, it looks formatted properly to me.

Anomaly:

Kathryn finally smiles "Yeah, I guess so, not for the same reasons I'd imagine." but she sours again when you mention the Hellions. She looks around at the equipment in the gym. "Maybe better kept up, maybe." She rolls her shoulders. "It's smaller, tighter than the massive space we've got here. After all there's only 12 of us them." She looks back at you. "I normally come in right after dinner, after the caf closes for the night? But I got tired of running into... Eh, it's not important."

Joule:

Grayson blinks a couple of times when you express curiosity about the school's medical staff. "Have you... met him? Dr. Pulse I mean? The dude's a villain!" He exclaims. He squeezes your hand and continues "Nevermind the... the... sheer %#&@'d up-ness of what they did to him to make him safe he says with a shudder. What if it doesn't take? what if he's still.... in there? mm-mm, no way." He shakes his head.

Spoiler: Who's Dr. Pulse?
    Show

Make a common knowledge roll. At an additional -2.

Grayson looks at the TV, dimmed now due to the idle player. "Uhm. Sure, we can if you want. it's a port of an old arcade fighter. Kaiju Mega-Brawl 4: The New Breed" He says sheepishly."

Andre:

Skye whirls around, eyes wide, as soon as you speak. Her mouth forming a small 'o' of "Oh S#!%" She sags in relief, realizing its' your delinquent self, rather than someone official. Like Kaleidoscope or an RA. "Oh-hey-Andre." She says quickly. "Oh-this-it's-uh-it's-uh-uh-uh-just-some-light-reading. You-know-extracurricular-stuff." She looks back over her shoulder and then back at you and gestures with her head down the hall, back towards the stair case. Her eyes say "Let's get out. of. here."

Once down a flight of stairs, she looks around again and sighs. "I've been trying to learn magic, kinda?" She says holding up the book. "Magic is one of the few ways to really lock down a speedster, ya know? even real ones. So I thought I should at least know some like, I dunno, counter-charms, or something?"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Despite Grayson's exclamations about Dr. Pulse, none of it seems to jog her memory. She shrugs and lets it lie, making a mental note to Google him later. She still wasn't quite used to having the entire internet at her fingertips, but she was getting better at remembering that she didn't need to go to the library to look something up. Or that she could send pictures, watch videos, and listen to music through her phone. Technology had advanced so much since she had jumped forward in time. It was only a few months ago that she had walked around with a CD player in the pocket of her jacket and giant oversized headphones on her ears. Now she had these small earbuds that didn't even need to be plugged into her phone that still sounded just as good as her headphones. She had basically any song she wanted to listen to just a few clicks away on Youtube or Spotify. Pretty amazing for a music lover like herself. She'd discovered so many new bands in the past three months, especially with Grayson's help.

"You mean they made four of them!?" Alexis not quite yells after he tells her the name of the game. She quiets as she remembers the time and continues at a more acceptable volume. "I loved the first one! My favorite is GigaCatarax, the giant dinosaur... thing- The one with a castle on his back. Is he still in it?" She asks as she grabs the other controller and settles back down on Grayson's bed. "If he is, you'll at least have some competition. I came second in a tournament with him once," she says with a smirk. That was on the actual arcade game though...

Spoiler: Rolls and Mechanics
    Show
    Despite me talking it up, the dice don't agree. Alexis' video gaming prowess is a whopping 5
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-05-12 at 12:47 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Zhou nodded as he listened, recognizing in the pauses, Samuel's lack of familiarity with modern english. However, as a non-native speaker, he understood the frustration of someone assuming the outcome of your words, or offering their own interpretations of what you were trying to share. So he let his roommate discover and share his thoughts in the time and manner of his choosing. "I must admit," Zhou spoke quietly, looking over his shoulder as he continued unpacking during their discussion, "that I now little and less about the Fae realms, though, to my untrained ears, they seem not too dissimilar to the 'shen' of rural Chinese religion, these shen would watch over certain geographic regions, spring, and stone, and field." He shrugged, "However, I do not wish to assume too much, and by doing, insult you. So I will simply say Welcome," he turned and smiled, owing, "you do me a great honor by sharing your truths with me and I look forward to sharing a residence with so honored a guest."

As he considered the similarities between himself and his roommate, he turned and looked to Samuel, "Though it seems that both of us being from a distant home, it may prove difficult to form a bond with our peers, having lived apart from a culture and shared history that they, will likely, take for granted."

30. - Top - End - #30

NinjaGuy

Andre raises an eyebrow in amusement as Skye attempts to explain herself. Hmm... she seems new to this. Cute. He descends the tower alongside her keeping an eye on the myriad of reflections in the mirrors that line stairway. If some sort of magical mishap or trap was going to activate it would be here.

Once down a flight of stairs, she looks around again and sighs. "I've been trying to learn magic, kinda?" She says holding up the book. "Magic is one of the few ways to really lock down a speedster, ya know? even real ones. So I thought I should at least know some like, I dunno, counter-charms, or something?"
    "What a strange coincidence. I was looking for a book just like that but I guess you beat me to it." The delinquent smiles and shrugs his shoulders. "Diligent as ever huh? Hey..." Andre imitates Skye and pretends to cast a wary glance around the tower before leaning in and continuing at a whisper. "Do you think there's anything in there that could help with like... dreams? I know next to nothing about magic but I was thinkin' we could take a look through the book together? Ya know, if you aren't busy or anything... I'd really appreciate some help with something like this 'cause no one else would take me seriously." Andre attempts to feign nervousness though the butterflies in his stomach help to make the act that much more convincing.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2021-05-12 at 07:13 PM.