New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Savage Masks: Hite Academy Hijinks, IC

Axel weaves out of the way of Rhinestone's punch, twisting his body he throws his fist up and under, uppercutting her jaw.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Wild Attack! - 10!
    Damage Roll! - 27!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Ouch Grayson, Alex thinks. Do you really think that low of me?

“I can see where you’re coming from Grayson, but that’s not what I meant," Alexis says, crossing her arms. "I was thinking more about everyone’s safety, as well as Axel’s. We already know that Boombox is here. Who’s to say that there aren’t other villains pulling the strings on this fight pit. We don’t want to crash the party unless we have to. While Axel is doing okay, I didn’t think we needed to get involved and potentially get him, or one of us, hurt, either by security or an unknown villain.”

Alex pounds her fist into her open hand. "Now, if Axel really gets hurt, I say we bust in there and get him. Screw the consequences."

Spoiler: Mechanics and Rolls
    Show
    Alexis is Rejecting Grayson's Influence: 8
    I'll take the Potential by acting to prove him wrong
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-06-02 at 07:32 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Dizz takes a deep breath closing one eye as her vision blurs trying to focus on the two odd figures go at each other. She attempts to take in as much detail form the both of them but unable to see she gives up an stands flat on her feet . "Maybe....*hiccups* I can get closer *hiccups* ....mmmm Sarah could be there too *hiccups*" she says mumbling to herself. Dizz shuffles past the wiggling bodys an squeezes past the ever growing group of pilkas pushing up forward closer to the cage.

Finally making it up front she makes it in time to watch the odd material Pilka land a blow on the glittery one. Dizz rolls her eyes as she dosent understand why this is so entertaining. Grabbing her tail, she shoves it in her mouth an begins to push her way past to the door that they came through orginally at the start of the night.

Once making it to the doors she looks back to the cage spitting her tail out she groans " *hiccups* I didnt even look for Sarah *hiccups* when I was there." She pouts to herself and stands there slightly swaying back an forth.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dizz
    Releasing Andre's hand she brings her own together close to her chest an addresses the whole group. " I must find Sarah so if you excuse me Ill be off." Giving a two handed wave to them she turns on her toes about tipping over before she catches her self giggling and heads off.
    It takes a moment for Dizz's words to register with Andre before she walks off and he loses sight of her amidst the crowd. While he doesn't say anything his expression conveys some degree of annoyance at her departure.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson
    Grayson frowns at Joule's assessment of the cage fight, "Wait... so we're only gonna crash the party if our guy starts losing? That seems... a little... I dunno. Like it's playing dirty?" He glances at the beatdown in the cage and back to the small group of classmates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis
    I can see where you're coming from Grayson, but that’s not what I meant," Alexis says, crossing her arms. "I was thinking more about everyone’s safety, as well as Axel’s. We already know that Boombox is here. Who’s to say that there aren’t other villains pulling the strings on this fight pit. We don’t want to crash the party unless we have to. While Axel is doing okay, I didn’t think we needed to get involved and potentially get him, or one of us, hurt, either by security or an unknown villain.”

Alex pounds her fist into her open hand. "Now, if Axel really gets hurt, I say we bust in there and get him. Screw the consequences."
    Andre raises a brow as he listens to the couple discuss whether or not to intervene in the cage fight. His irritation grows. "Is that what this is about? Why's everyone so damn worried about something that isn't even our problem!? It's not like playing hero's worked out for us lately anyway. And how do we even know that guy?" He takes a look back at the cage just as the larger fighter connects with a massive uppercut. "Maybe it's just me but he doesn't look like he needs 'saving' anytime soon. You guys can do whatever you want, I'm gonna go and enjoy the rest of my night."

Andre throws up his hood up and disappears into the crowd searching for his roommate and dance partner. Tonight was supposed to a departure from the circus his life had become and he wasn't going to let anyone ruin this for him. Not if he had a say in it at least.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Notice: 4
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2021-06-01 at 03:35 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

Unable to get a word in to Andre before he stormed off, a wave of irritation darkened Marcy's expression. I swear, this guy is such a punk... but he has to know. She shouldered her way past the rest of the group as they debated the cage fight, immediately chasing him. For what it was worth, she agreed with Andre on one thing... Axel was probably just fine. The bigger issue was... well, whatever else was about to happen. She scanned the crowd and found him easily enough... his dark hood actually made him stand out more from the rest of the partygoers.

"Hey!" she poked his shoulder, maybe a little bit too hard to be polite. "I don't know what you're so angsty about, but just listen to me for one second. After that, you can go off and do whatever it is you're trying to do here." She leaned in and lowered her voice, using a tiny gust of air to carry the words towards Andre. "Whatever is going on here, at least a seventh of it is aimed at you. Like, specifically. By name." Her tone turned venomous. "So even if you don't want to, you know, actually be a hero, you should pay attention for your own sake at least."

Spoiler: Where'd he go?
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler: Shane
    Show
    Maelstrom?! Crap, he wasn’t supposed to know I’m here?! Wait… why is he involved with watching a warehouse to begin with… and what is with an Agent being here… also what is an agent? What is with this warehouse?! While thinking all of this, Shane begins moving into the trunk, grabbing a picture of the robot as he shifts back out into the ground of the parking lot, making his way back around to the warehouse, all the while out of sight of the car.

Once sufficiently distanced, Shane whips out his phone again, pulling up the group text in the process.
    ‘Don’t know what you all are doing between the party and the alert from earlier, just thought you all would like to know that there are guys in suits watching the warehouse from the parking lot in a vehicle. One of them mentioned the principle by name.
    Also, anyone know what this robot is? *picture of robot inside a trunk*.
    Also… also, does anyone know an Agent Crane?’-Send

Pausing before putting the phone away to consider whether to pass this info onto 😳 or not things are finally moving, we got this! He thinks as a final decision, putting the phone back into the hidden compartment in the suit. He then moves back up onto the cat walk in the ceiling inside, checking to see how the cage match is doing, and looking through the crowd again to see if he missed anything exciting while outside.
    Spoiler: What's the party up to?!
    Show
    Notice Roll 10
    Last edited by Bear2pt0; 2021-06-01 at 10:36 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127

NinjaGuy

"Hey!" she poked his shoulder, maybe a little bit too hard to be polite. "I don't know what you're so angsty about, but just listen to me for one second. After that, you can go off and do whatever it is you're trying to do here."
    Andre stops in his tracks to and looks back over his shoulder. His amber eyes narrow and begin to glow in the darkness as they lock onto his unknown pursuer. He looses a sigh of black smoke that lingers in the air between them as his frustration starts to rise. What now?

She leaned in and lowered her voice, using a tiny gust of air to carry the words towards Andre. "Whatever is going on here, at least a seventh of it is aimed at you. Like, specifically. By name." Her tone turned venomous. "So even if you don't want to, you know, actually be a hero, you should pay attention for your own sake at least."
    "Listen, this ain't the first time I've had someone lookin' for me by name and it probably ain't the last time either if I had to guess. So while I appreciate your concern..." Andre pauses searching for answer but continues anyway, "whatever your name is, you should try minding your own business next time."

"And last I checked none of us are heroes. But if you're so adamant about playing pretend then why don't you take some initiative and put a stop to whatever's going on? You know, before anyone here has to get hurt instead of just waiting for things to go wrong. Then again, something like that's probably way outta your league." He smirks before turning his back to leave. "Or you could always rope everyone else into helping you out if you can't do it on your own. I mean you were already doing that anyway right?" Andre shrugs and disappears into the crowd once again without looking back, attempting to salvage what's left of his night.

Spoiler: Masks Move
    Show
    Andre is attempting to Provoke Someone (PC)!

Provoke Someone (PC): When you Provoke someone susceptible to your words, say what you’re trying to get them to do and roll +Superior. On a 10+ both, on a 7-9, choose one:
    * If they do it - Add a team to the Pool
    * If they don’t - they mark a condition (their choice)
    Andre is attempting to Provoke Marcy into taking action on her own to thwart whatever "imminent danger" she's worried about and leave the rest of the team, Andre especially, out of it.

2d6 + Superior (3) = 9!

Choice:

If Marcy doesn't attempt to thwart the danger on her own she must mark a Masks condition (of her choice)

P.S. - Muwahahahahaha- I love playing with you I swear!
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2021-06-02 at 06:51 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: End of Session/Start of Session
    Show

END OF SESSION
    Hey, we made it a whole month! good on y'all

Novice Ranked characters gain 2 Experience points for the session, and may roll 1d6 per benny remaining in their possession. On a 5 or 6, gain an additional experience point. This die roll does not explode

Please examine the narrative of our game thus far and answer this question honestly in your next post, and resolve accordingly (see the bottom of the group reference document): Did you grow closer to the team, grow into your own image of yourself, or grow away from the team? Explain why [the thing you picked]

@Zhou, Did you make progress on defeating your nemesis?

Camaraderie Decay: 4 (5 Remaining)

Anomaly:

Your attack sends Rhinestone bouncing across the pit, sizeable chunks of crystal breaking free with each impact before she crashes in a heap against the far wall. Most of her body has been exposed, and long gouges mark her limbs and torso where the crystal broke away. She heaves, short on air, and a thin line of blood oozes from her gasping mouth. You hear the faint echo of a bell over the roaring approval and bloodlust of the crowd. There's a whoosh of flame and the scantily clad Selene appears again, holding up a card that flickers your name and VICTOR across it. A panel in the wall opens up near rhinestone and two guys dressed identically to the goon who first shoved you in here, run out and grab Rhinestone and pull her back through the hatch.

you feel a hand on your shoulder, another goon, gesturing for you to leave the pit.

Joule:

"I'd say he's got it." Grayson says, standing up on his toes to peer at the pit.

Dizz:

A pilka with glowing eyes and numerous bits of metal embedded in her flesh leans over and says "Hello, little one, you look lost. How did you find your way here?" You haven't seen a pilka with eyes like this before, but you've seen Sarah adorn herself with metal bits like this.

Madam Mechanis:
    Spoiler: Comms:
    Show

#########Asset Kappa####The Xenmorph has separated from the group#######Asset Tau####Designate3=Shifter####moving too much####Asset Sigma####All Assets####Engage when Covert Asset makes contact############

And then, for the first time since you've picked up on the channel, you get an actual soundbite as opposed to a raw data stream. You hear a slightly digitized voice say "Ms. Briar, you may proceed." A cheeky feminine voice responds "I see him. I'm on it."

Shifter:
    The crowd has surged up, partially covering the chain link dome over the fight pit. You get back inside just in time to see your classmate lay out his opponent.

Team:

Black clad goons emerge in the fight pit and see the fighters out while the ring-card girl distracts everyone. Boombox's voice comes over the speakers again. "I see y'all liked the warm-up. Now we've got a real show for ya. The Kung Fu chick, Singer of Nine Venoms and one of the house champs, The Bull!" The music starts back up as one of the hidden panels in the pit opens up and a young woman in a black Qipao over a red unitard. The qipao is embellished by a vivid green snake design that coils up the dress and around the woman's shoulders into a fang-baring snarl over her left breast.

The lights flicker as her opponent arrives. Smoke wells up from the ground, covering the pit in a dense fog and a long, furred limb tipped with a crude hand nails thick enough to be claws erupts and braces itself on the ground, pulling the rest of the creature after it. It towers over the woman the way a grown man towers over his children. It snorts.

Zhou feels a slight lurch in his stomach, his poisoned chi reacting to his tormentor...

and then the inevitable occurred....

A thick beam of emerald green light, easily mistaken for part of the light show Boombox is putting on, erupts from the ground and collides with Shifter. Meanwhile, down in the press of bodies. Andre feels a sharp tug at his sleeve, followed by twin bursts of blinding pain in his back. Blood sprays over the crowd as he is flung forward, knocking over a dozen party goers, and alarming many more. Screams of terror and surprise erupt from the crowd, momentarily drowning out the excitement, noise, and music of the fight pit and the party....

Meanwhile... outside. Before Dizz can formulate an answer to this strange-eyed Pilka, they are interrupted by a massive mechanical monstrosity with grasping pincers and a long, stinger-tipped tail emerging from the darkness. It lashes out at the Pilka, who disappears into a mist and reforms a dozen feet away. The goons at the door swear in surprise. One turns and flees into the night, the other staggers back, fumbling in his pants for something.

Back inside. The strange green light hasn't even faded from Shifter's form when a golden lance of energy melts one of the windows and collides with the stricken hero. The shooting and screaming and bloodshed have drawn Boombox's attention, who's now incredibly angry voice overtakes the music. "Hey, nobody's gonna @#$% up my gig." HEXILE The $^## am I paying you for? GET. UP. HERE.

Spoiler: START OF SESSION
    Show

***Bennies are refreshed! All characters have their normal compliment of bennies, adjusted accordingly for Luck, Great Luck, and Bad Luck

***New Cards!
    Dizz is dealt "Angry Mob" and "Get a Clue"
    Shifter is dealt "Turncoat"
    Anomaly is dealt "Catnap"
    (Card effects added to the OOC)

***The team has most definitely entered battle against a dangerous foe! +2 Camaraderie
    If the Leader (Madam Mechanis) has Influence over every other Teammate +1 Camaraderie
    If everyone has the same purpose in the fight +1 Camaraderie
    (your purpose might be 'keep civillian casualties to a minimum' or 'escape' or 'defeat the villain' or 'impress the hot chick watching me' or anything else you choose, but you should explicitly state it in your next post.)
    If any member mistrusts the leader of the team -1 Camaraderie (again stated in your next post, does your character trust or mistrust Madam Mechanis?)
    if the team is ill-prepared and off Balance -1 Camaraderie - you are absolutely this.
    Current adjusted Camaraderie: 5
    Madam Mechanis may choose to mark as many conditions of her choice as required to negate the losses of Camaraderie

OOC/Mechanics/Whatnot
    Shane is hit by ??? Roll Spirit vs TN 23 (it's accurate, I forgot to include The Drop Bonus) for each increment of failure, all traits are reduced by a die type, and all powers with Levels are reduced by a level. Powers without levels are completely nullified.
    If Shifter's powers are negated, he is also Hit with a Raise for 39 Damage (Raise) Shifter may spend a Benny to soak 7 wounds.

Andre is hit twice with a raise. 18 and 23 damage 9 toughness means you may spend a Benny to soak 2 wounds and then another Benny to Soak 3 wounds.

Players that would be Incapacitated may opt to Take a Powerful Blow. As far as I'm concerned, being instantly dropped qualifies as 'being unable to soak'

To Cards!

Aces....
    Of Hearts...

Outside the clubhouse, the mechanical scorpion thing stomps into one of the beams of light from the warehouse, revealing a spindly, purple and yellow chassis with rounded armor to compliment the pincers and tail. Its lizard-like head darts back and forth, looking between the bright eyed pilka and Dizz before lunging at the tiny dragon girl, claws outstretched.

Of Diamonds...
    Elsewhere, unseen, men in suits react to the commotion from inside the warehouse.

Of Clubs...
    Andre, if he still lives, has Initiative!

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/Whatnot part deux
    Show

Dizz must roll opposed Fighting TN 7 or be grappled!

9. - Top - End - #129

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: End of Session
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Editorial
    Did you grow closer to the team, grow into your own image of yourself, or grow away from the team? Explain why.
    Over the course of the night I feel that Andre has grown away from the team. While the team hasn't been assembled in it's entirety he's decided to distance himself from both Marcy and Alexis. As far as Andre's concerned Marcy's "paranoia" only serves to ruin his night and Alex facilitated that instead of attempting stop things from escalating.

Andre takes away Alexis!

Black clad goons emerge in the fight pit and see the fighters out while the ring-card girl distracts everyone. Boombox's voice comes over the speakers again. "I see y'all liked the warm-up. Now we've got a real show for ya. The Kung Fu chick, Singer of Nine Venoms and one of the house champs, The Bull!" The music starts back up as one of the hidden panels in the pit opens up and a young woman in a black Qipao over a red unitard steps out. The qipao is embellished by a vivid green snake design that coils up the dress and around the woman's shoulders into a fang-baring snarl over her left breast.

The lights flicker as her opponent arrives. Smoke wells up from the ground, covering the pit in a dense fog and a long, furred limb tipped with a crude hand nails thick enough to be claws erupts and braces itself on the ground, pulling the rest of the creature after it. It towers over the woman the way a grown man towers over his children. It snorts.
    Andre continues to wander through the crowd searching for someone or something that would salvage the rest of his night. However his search comes to a stop when the next pair of fighters emerge within the pit. Okay, maybe this one's actually worth watchin'...

and then the inevitable occurred Fire Nation attacked....

A thick beam of emerald green light, easily mistaken for part of the light show Boombox is putting on, erupts from the ground and collides with Shifter. Meanwhile, down in the press of bodies. Andre feels a sharp tug at his sleeve, followed by twin bursts of blinding pain in his back. Blood sprays over the crowd as he is flung forward, knocking over a dozen party goers, and alarming many more. Screams of terror and surprise erupt from the crowd, momentarily drowning out the excitement, noise, and music of the fight pit and the party....

The strange green light hasn't even faded from Shifter's form when a golden lance of energy melts one of the windows and collides with the stricken hero.
    Andre takes a moment to study the figure of both fighters, trying gauge which one would emerge the victor in their confrontation. To the untrained eye there was only one monster inside of the cage but his intuition told him otherwise. A sharp tug at his sleeve interrupts his thoughts just before pain courses through his body and the force of the impact sends him crashing into several ravemasters.

The cries of the crowd and jolts of pain overload Andre's senses. His eyes witness a flash of golden light before he blinks and suddenly finds himself back in his old room. Searing hellfire engulfs the entirety of his body as he desperately tries to reach the door. The black smoke rising from the flames slowly begin to obscure his vision as he cries out for help but there's no air in his lungs to carry his desperate plea. He collapses. The heat from the hellish flames clouds his mind as the last remnants of his consciousness begin to fade. A liquid begins to bubble up from back and starts to pool before running down his body. Compared to the flames it feels cold.

This is wrong... Andre thinks to himself, his mind now focused on the cool sensation crawling down his back. I don't remember this. This isn't how it happened! His eyes snap wide open and a gout of flame erupts skyward from his back, his wounds cauterizing almost instantaneously. That's right... I've already died once.

Andre quickly gets to his feet as black smoke spills out from his figure in every direction. His eyes rapidly search the surrounding dance floor for any signs of the attacker before darting up to where he saw the golden bolt of light strike. Andre propels himself upward onto the walkway above the party putting distance between himself and his unknown assailant. The emerald green light radiating from the figure further down the walkway draws his attention.

"SHA-", he corrects himself, "SHIFTER?! What the @#$% are you doing here and why were we attacked just now?!"

Damn it, what the hell's happening right now? We need time and cover...

The black smoke emanating from underneath Andre's jacket thickens and quickly begins to spread until it envelops the two completely. Anyone watching the spectacle from below finds themselves met by the gaze of a massive creature with glowing amber eyes peering from behind the veil of black smoke and ash. A moment later what appears to be dozens of pairs of amber colored eyes light up within the darkness surrounding the enormous black figure. The beast unfurls a pair of gigantic wings and looses an earsplitting shriek that can be heard by anyone unfortunate enough to inhale trace amounts of the smoke. A cacophony of shrieks ring out in response to the original cry as large bat like creatures take to the air and circle the massive beast looming above the walkway.

"Stay inside of the smoke, it'll make you a harder to hit.", Andre calls out to Shane. "Now let's find who did this to us!"

Andre goes back to searching the chaos of the dancefloor for signs of his attacker, hoping to pick out someone who stands out from the panicked masses.

Show
    Beginning of Combat!
    - Madam Mechanis does not hold Influence over Andre.
    - Andre's purpose in the fight is to figure out who attacked him (and Shane) and get even.
    - Andre mistrusts Madam Mechanis for obvious reasons, at least in his eyes.

Andre attempts to Take a Powerful Blow: 6
    Andre stands strong

Andre creates an Illusion surrounding himself and Shifter, applying a -2 penalty to all attacks dependent on vision made against anyone within the Illusion's area of effect.
    Deflection applies an additional -2 penalty to any ranged attack targeting Andre.

Notice to find Andre's assailant: 5
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2021-06-03 at 11:40 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

Spoiler: End of Session Upkeep
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    Please examine the narrative of our game thus far and answer this question honestly in your next post, and resolve accordingly (see the bottom of the group reference document): Did you grow closer to the team, grow into your own image of yourself, or grow away from the team? Explain why [the thing you picked]
    I'm more myself than I've ever been. This session has seen me take initiative... at least to some extent. I think my growing closer/further away from the team sort of evens out, since I kinda PO'd Andre but made a friend in Zhou. But I used my knowledge to find out that SOMETHING was happening, and even though I kind of didn't want to, I did try as hard as I could manage to warn people.
    I'm moving Savior up (to +3) and Freak down (to -2).

What exactly am I trying to do here? My goal in this fight is to blow up and act like I don't know nobody protect people. My first priority is probably the people I know, but a big part of that is because I now they could help get people out of danger, either by directly influencing them or by directing the peril elsewhere.

I've got the make this team work... I'm going to mark Guilty, Angry, and Insecure to negate 3 Camaraderie Point losses, incurring a total of -1 to my trait rolls.
    If my actions count as "not doing the thing" from Andre's provocation earlier I will mark Insecure to resolve that and only negate 2 point losses.

Quote Originally Posted by PK-Leon View Post
    "whatever your name is, you should try minding your own business next time."

"And last I checked none of us are heroes. But if you're so adamant about playing pretend then why don't you take some initiative and put a stop to whatever's going on? You know, before anyone here has to get hurt instead of just waiting for things to go wrong. Then again, something like that's probably way outta your league." He smirks before turning his back to leave. "Or you could always rope everyone else into helping you out if you can't do it on your own. I mean you were already doing that anyway right?" Andre shrugs and disappears into the crowd once again without looking back, attempting to salvage what's left of his night.
    Marcy felt the heat rising in her chest and blinked back a burst of bitter tears. She was actually somewhat relieved to see Andre leave before he had the chance to witness her moment of weakness. He had no way of knowing her fear of mediocrity. Or maybe he does know... she thought, an icicle of anxiety creeping into her thoughts. Maybe I'm so painfully average that he could tell just by looking at me. He didn't even remember my name.

She was, however, well-versed in the art of putting on a mask, and so despite her feelings, she shook herself out of her self-pitying thoughts. It doesn't matter what he thinks of you. He's right. I have to stop procrastinating and actually do something. She fished through her pack and grabbed a small, round canister. As she removed it, she read and listened to the last transmissions on the encrypted channel. Oh no.

Everything started happening extremely quickly. Marcy saw the woman in the fight pit and had a pretty good guess that Zhou wasn't going to have to look very hard for Song any longer. She cracked her emergency glow stick and was about to start waving it frenetically, but the green luminescence was immediately outshone by a blinding flash of viridian light. The golden beam immediately afterwards only confirmed to her that she probably didn't need to worry about signaling anyone.

She popped in her rebreather, ready to fling the fear gas canister as soon as it was her turn she had a good opportunity. She took a moment to pick out each of her classmates in the crowd. Her stomach dropped as she saw the blood spurt from Andre's back. I should have been able to get through to him! she thought guiltily. At the same time... he shouldn't have been so stupid about it, either. Her guilt merged with an eruption of rage that was cresting through her. She'd waited too long, that's for sure. But she sure as hell was going to make up for it.

"Hey, nobody's gonna @#$% up my gig." HEXILE The $^## am I paying you for? GET. UP. HERE."
    She barely paid attention to Boombox. It seemed clear that he wasn't in on it at this point, and he certainly wasn't Marcy's priority. She could tell both Shifter and Andre were already paying for her inaction.

The black smoke emanating from underneath Andre's jacket thickens and quickly begins to spread until it envelops the two completely. Anyone watching the spectacle from below finds themselves met by the gaze of a massive creature with glowing amber eyes peering from behind the veil of black smoke and ash. A moment later what appears to be dozens of pairs of amber colored eyes light up within the darkness surrounding the enormous black figure. The beast unfurls a pair of gigantic wings and looses an earsplitting shriek that can be heard by anyone unfortunate enough to inhale trace amounts of the smoke. A cacophony of shrieks ring out in response to the original cry as large bat like creatures take to the air and circle the massive beast looming above the walkway.
    Yep. I definitely don't need to signal anyone. The terrifying smoke monster will probably get everyone's attention even if the light show didn't. She wished that she had a way to instantly patch into everyone's ears -- one of the only true downsides to society moving past bluetooth earpieces is that people now had to look at their phone to get their messages. She hastily sent out a text to the same people she'd been communicating with all night... yes, including Andre.

DEPLOYING FEAR GAS ASAP
    COVER MOUTH & NOSE
    -MM

Spoiler: OOC Mechanics
    Show
    Notice 11 to keep track of each of my allies' situation -- and definitely I'd like to find whoever just stabbed Andre, lmk if I should roll a second Notice for this or if the 11 will do.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Team:

Andre's illusory display succeeds in panicking the crowd further, starting the beginnings of a stampede towards the exits. However, even with his elevated vantage point, he's unable to pick out his assailant in the press of bodies.

Spoiler: Marcy:
    Show

There! Just after Andre's sent flying, you notice a faint 'shimmer' in the press of bodies, like light curving around a there-not-there object.... Active Camo.

Kings....
    Of Hearts....

Somewhere in the press of bodies, Jamie Waters breaks his hot n heavy lip-lock from some college girl, glaring out at the crowd at the growing sounds of panic and violence. "I knew we should've stayed home." He mutters, his breath fogging in the air as the temperature begins to plummet around him. "You should get somewhere safe." he says to his erstwhile companion. Her reply is cut off as chunks of ice begin to form a spiky shell around the ravemaster.

Of Clubs....
    A screech and a warble comes over the speakers, completely cutting off the music. "Party's... Over." Boombox states flatly. Another visible soundwave erupts from the speakers embedded in his armor, and the crowd begins to panic in earnest, pulling at each other in a desperate attempt to get away from the villainous DeeJay.

Queens....
    Of Spades....

Zhou has initiative!

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/Whatnot
    Show

How we're going to handle Invisibility for rest of this conflict: For the rest of a round when the Invisible enemy attacks or does something 'obvious' Characters can identify their location, and suffer half of the normal penalties to attack them. On Subsequent rounds however, the Invisible character completely benefits from their ... Invisibility and the full penalty to notice and attack them apply.

Joule, Marcy, Shifter, Andre, and Zhou make a Fear Test (Spirit Roll) at -2
    on a Failure, roll 1d20+2

Last edited by big teej; 2021-06-03 at 11:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Tsu Yang Zhou, aka, Phoenix Fist
    CHARISMA: +0 | PACE: 16 | TOUGHNESS: 6 | PARRY: 9
    WOUNDS: 0 | FATIGUE: 0 | BENNIES: 3
    Doom Track: X O O O O
    Active Effects: Burn (3) (2)
    Conditions: Guilty

Spoiler: End of Session
    Show
    End of session Benny Check: End of Session Benny Check: 3d6t5 0 Savage XP earned for Session: 2.
    Zhou grew closer to the Team, his friendship with Marcy, the interactions with Shane, Alexis and Grayson, it made him feel more accepted y his peers. Despite his indifference to Moon Maiden, his teammates, though they disagreed, allowed him to make his own decision. As such I will mark Potential, bringing me to 3 total.

Zhou feels as if he made progress in defeating Sho-ming Xio, he discovered a practitioner of Xio's Snake Style kung fu, in Lars Delvoss, however, this practitioner, while not friendly, is not actively hostile. He shared some of his doom with a team member, Marcy, so he has allies willing to assist him in stopping Sho-ming Xio, and he located his sister, which gives him an opportunity to assist in her redemption, and deprive his nemesis of his most valued apprentice.

Zhou's purpose in this fight: Protect those closest to him, in order, Son, Marcy, classmates, civilians.

Spoiler: mechanics
    Show
    Fear (Spirit Check) at -2 during Warehouse Rave: 2d6o6-2! 6, format keeps adding the results together, but looks like I rolled a 3 & 5, -2, would be either a 1 or 3, both of which fail. So I will expend a Selfishly spend a Team Benny to re-roll, Benny re-roll Fear (Spirit) Check: 2d6o6-2! 9. Formatting again, but it appears I got a 1 & a 10, -2, would be -1 & an 8, which should succeed. Whew!

As chaos erupted around them, Marcy called the Hite students to action, Andre and Shane were visiously attacked by a concealed attacker, and still, Zhou only had eyes for his sister. "Song," he whispered, and then a wave of ear screeching feedback looped through Boombox's speakers, and the crowd erupted in panic, fear, scattering in a thousand different directions, threatening to trample anyone in their path as they made their way towards the exits.

He looked at Marcy, sudden resolve flooding her frame, as she sprung to defend her classmates, even Andre, the selfish idiot that he was, moved to defend his teammates. At his core, Zhou knew he should react similarly, but he wasn't here for them, he was here for her! This could be his chance, to get through to her, to break through Sho-ming Xio's conditioning, to show her the truth, to bring her back to the Vale.

He steeled himself, rooting himself in female horse stance, he exhaled as he centered his chi, and focused on his goal, pushing his GUILT aside. He removed his hoodie, revealing his tattoo, the Phoenix flaring as the tattoo worked it's magic, trying to keep the poisoned chi from entering his heart chakra. He extended a hand forward, index finger extended opwards, thumb perpendicular, his other fingers bent at the knuckle. Suddenly in an explosion of fluid, economical movement, he leapt from Lars side, his foot extending over his shoulder, before flashing down in a descending arc, not smashing, but slicing through the chainlink dome over the surprised fighters, he tucked, rolled, to stand shoulder to shoulder with his sister.

"Song!" He exclaimed in a loud voice, before continuing in Mandarin, "We need to get out of here. We have to talk!" He turned towards her massive opponent, confident that, between the two of them, they could defeat their opponent, together again. Brother and sister, the Tsu Yang Twins.

Show
    Spent the Benny selfishly, ignoring the peril my team is in, and advancing on my personal goal, however, this tears at Zhou's good nature, and so I will mark Guilty. Activating Burn, marking Doom, Activating Burn at Warehouse Rave: 2d6 11 Gain 3 Burn, I will immediately spend 1 Burn to activate my Move flare, appearing at my sister's side.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2021-06-04 at 07:43 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by big teej
    Dizz:
    A pilka with glowing eyes and numerous bits of metal embedded in her flesh leans over and says "Hello, little one, you look lost. How did you find your way here?" You haven't seen a pilka with eyes like this before, but you've seen Sarah adorn herself with metal bits like this.
    Dizz lets out a long sigh still hearing the noise in the background before looking up into the night sky. Sadly, only seeing a handful of stars an the moon in the distance being covered by a few passing clouds she is approached and asked a question by something. Glancing down she sees a strange looking pilka standing before her with stunning glowing eyes. Scrunching her nose she is thrown off that she didn't hear or notice her approach until she spoke. With the pilka now bending down to her height is when she notices the metal bits protruding from her face just as Sarah has. How strange that so many like that stuff inside them.. her thoughts trail off blinking a few good times with her head still fuzzy she feels as though she cant keep her thoughts strait. The pilkas glowing eyes seem to be pulling and luring her into something with Dizz unable to break thier eye contact.

Meanwhile... outside. Before Dizz can formulate an answer to this strange-eyed Pilka, they are interrupted by a massive mechanical monstrosity with grasping pincers and a long, stinger-tipped tail emerging from the darkness. It lashes out at the Pilka, who disappears into a mist and reforms a dozen feet away. The goons at the door swear in surprise. One turns and flees into the night, the other staggers back, fumbling in his pants for something.
    Before Dizz can even think to formulate an answer the two of them are greeted with solid loud thuds causing them to look in the direction of the crunching from the ground. A creature that looks something similar to a Zuda (Scorpion) appears from out of the darkness slowly approaching them. Dizz glances to the now misty pilka who was just in her face, but has now put some distance between her an this thing. Dizz steps back on one foot lowering her stance unsure of what all is happening and who to look at as there are multiple things going on. Her heart begins to race as her eyes slowly begin to glow emerald. I really hope this is part of the experience cause umm...this sure is something... She mumbles to her self.

Aces....Of Hearts..
    Outside the clubhouse, the mechanical scorpion thing stomps into one of the beams of light from the warehouse, revealing a spindly, purple and yellow chassis with rounded armor to compliment the pincers and tail. Its lizard-like head darts back and forth, looking between the bright eyed pilka and Dizz before lunging at the tiny dragon girl, claws outstretched.
    The Zuda steps forward into the green beam of light now showing its full body. Dizz overlooks the thing smirking as she admires the beautifully built armor that hug the pincer and tail liking what she sees. Once finally glancing at the Zudas head she is met with disappointment. Woow, you sure are an ugly one. thinking to her self as she sighs just as the thing looks between the two standing before and it lunnging at her. Not being aware of the now escalating, situation Dizz unable to properly balance herself to dodge the thing slipping on the gravel underneath her feet she squeaks out. Falling from her poor footing before hitting the ground she is grabbed and scooped into the air now in its clutches of the ugly beast dangling there an wiggling.

Spoiler: OOC Grappled by ugly
    Show

Dizz must roll opposed Fighting TN 7 or be grappled!

2d6o6: 5 [2d6o6=1, 4]

Spoiler: OOC EOS
    Show

3d6t5: 0 [3d6t5=3, 3, 2]

Did you grow closer to the team
    Kinda? I'm still not aware that they will be my team yet, but as a friend(s)/acquaintance(s) yes. I don't have to many left to meet thankfully. I do think I had missed the opportunity with meeting Marcy from me leaving the little group in a past post though. (Marcy- don't worry boo ill be back)
    Last edited by Mittenss; 2021-06-04 at 11:44 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Zhou:

The massive bull-headed monster looks around, peering over the lip of the pit at the noise. It rumbles deep in it's chest and reaches out and makes a grasping motion with one clawed hand a massive axe, easily the size of you or your sister, manifests in it's grip. It lets the axe head drop into the concrete floor, biting deep and showering you and Song in debris. It scratches at its neck with its free hand and narrows its eyes at you, and speaks in a slow, rumbling voice. "Yoooou uh... shore yooou still wonna do thisss?" He snorts out a gout of steam.

Song looks at you, eyes wide as saucers, her jaw slack. She backs away from you and the minotaur, her had shaking back and forth slowly in disbelief. "There's no way. How?" the fear and surprise in her tone begin to evaporate, hardening into anger and apathy. Her expression hardens. She mutters a foul oath in chinese and says "You should have stayed dead, dear brother."

She produces a vial from the sash about her qipao and holds it up. It's about the size of a pill bottle, angular, and capped at both ends with elaborate wrought iron. A shimmering grey smoke roils within, as if in the grips of a strong breeze. "Defeat this and maybe you are worthy of an audience." She hisses at you and dashes the vial against the floor. The smoke billows out, far greater than could have been contained within the vial, and begins to swirl about, coalescing into a shape.....

Team:
    Your phone, along with what seems like every phone in the crowd, all emit blaring tone, similar to a tornado warning, and then the echoes of hundreds of plays of the same recorded voice bounce around the warehouse.

ALERT. ZEITGEIST ASPECT DETECTED. PLEASE FLEE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY. ALERT. ZEITGEIST ASPECT DETECTED. PLEASE FLEE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY.

Spoiler: Students with the Hite Academy app on their phone.
    Show

Your phones lights blink rapidly. An additional message for you. It is much the same as the public alarm still echoing throughout the cloud, but also instructs you to immediately return to campus or the nearest safe place. do not attempt to respond. heroes and support staff are en route. please flee the area. do not engage zeitgeist.

Back in the pit, the swirling smoke condenses into a heavily muscled man in a black and yellow gi, his eyes are blank white orbs, and his hands are bathed in the flames of hell.

Queens....
    of Hearts...

Joule sees a strange warble in the air... a shimmer... it kinda looks alot like the special effects from that Predator movie.... Except this one's moving straight toward you and Grayson, knocking ravemasters over in it's haste. It lunges at the two of you. You hear the whistle of a blade through the air that takes a strip out of your outfit, and then a cry of pain as Grayson doubles over, blood pouring from between his fingers.

Of Clubs...
    Joule and Madam Mechanis have Initiative!!!

Show

Zeitgesit Aspect: Scorpion appears!
    Grayson is stabbed for 32 Damage, a total of 6 Wounds
    Grayson spends a benny to soak 4 Wounds, he is Shaken with 2 Wounds (2/3 Bennies remaining)

Last edited by big teej; 2021-06-05 at 05:43 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Any thoughts of Andre being a total **** are instantly wiped away as the Predator shimmer gives away her attacker. Alex just barely manages to dodge backward out of the way, with her shirt gaining a new rip across one of her shoulders. Her momentary glimmer of triumph at her reflexes is quelled as she sees dark red blood erupt from between her boyfriend's fingers. "No! Grayson!" she screams. Her breath catches in her throat at his cry of pain.

Joule’s expression twists into an enraged grimace before she teleports just off to the left of the telltale shimmer in a spark of blue light. She focuses and currents of electricity run down in rivulets from her shoulders and coalesce in the palms of each hand. She then raises her arms and shoots twin bolts of lightning at the shimmer. A clap of thunder follows after the flashes of electricity.

C'mon, over here! Come after me and leave Grayson alone!

Spoiler: Rolls and Mechanics
    Show
    Fear Test: 11

Alexis teleports to the left of the invisible knife guy, just out of melee range. She does not take an attack of opportunity because she teleported.
    She shoots him with lightning x2!

Attack to hit 1: 4, Benny that to a 9
    Attack to hit 2: 15

Damage 1: 26 Heavy Weapon, AP 2
    Damage 2: 15+8=23 Heavy Weapon, AP 2

Bennies remaining (2/3)

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Whoops, forgot my end of the month stuff.

I think that Alexis has grown away from the team in this instance. She feels like Andre, despite being her closest friend on the team, wouldn't try to have a conversation with her. I'm going to take away Andre's Influence over Alexis.
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-06-06 at 12:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

Marcy's face paled at the alert from the Hite Academy app. She saw everyone else in the vicinity get the message as well... Screw it. They're scared enough already. She pocketed the fear gas, abandoning the plan she'd formulated before. Seeing not one, but two Hite students get stabbed by this invisible coward make her blood boil.

She focused on the subtly cloaked villain and pulled out the radar-dish-like device housed in the top pocket of her backpack. Not knowing if this would even work, she clicked the button and hoped for the best. A double exponential electromagnetic pulse burst from the device focused on where she saw -- or rather, didn't see -- the attacker. A quick, high-pitched electronic whine emitted from the device as the EMP attempted to cause the person's equipment to Malfunction.

She then took out her Grapnel gun -- There really should have been a bag check or something here -- and fired it into the rafters. I won't be any help if I get stabbed too, she thought as she retracted the line, pulling herself up to the ceiling and (hopefully) out of range of the deft knives of the bladed assailant.

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics
    Show
    I'm sure Zeigeist is bad news. CCM=7(-1)=6

By abandoning the plan and instead recklessly going after the cloaked person I'm taking foolhardy action to remove my Insecurity.

Malfunction roll = 8(-1 from conditions)=7

If the EMP is successful I hope I can possibly remove the Angry condition by breaking something important?

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Team:

The pulse from Madam Mechanis' backpack and Joule's electrical discharge collide with the cloaked figure almost simultaneously. Electricity arcs about the humanoid figure, flickering in and out of camo. There's a blast of white light and a staggering figure is revealed. Twin'd, barbed daggers slip from spasming metallic fingers as it staggers towards Joule. it's form is mostly concealed beneath a red hooded cloak with yellow trim. A snap of metal and an echoing boom send one arm tumbling across the warehouse. The mechanical monstrosity reaches for Joule, the grille built into it's neck emitting a horrible screech as further micro explosions rack it's body before it collapses into a burned out heap.

Marcy's grapnel finds purchase in the piping and support structure of the warehouse roof and she's quickly reeled up out of the press of bodies into the rafters.

The Crowd of civilians, further goaded and panicked by the pyrotechnics, finally transitions from a whirling, heaving mosh to a proper stampede, carrying itself and those unfortunate enough to be caught in it towards the totally inadequate number of exits. You can see several people take flailing limbs to the head and face and disappear beneath the tramping feet of the crowd, and the exits quickly clog with bodies.

Humorless, digitized laughter echoes from the speakers and around the warehouse and a massive, cloaked figure appears behind Joule. "Is this truly all that you pathetic meatbags are capable of?" The latest addition to the brawl leers down at Joule, it's mechanical features twisted into a smug grin. It reaches out and grabs Joule by the head and lifts her from the ground. "I think it's time for an object lesson." It says, before lunging across the warehouse in a blur and smashing Joule into the wall. Cracks spiderweb out from the impact and several fist sized chunks of concrete fall to the ground with Joule as the challenger lets go of her.

Meanwhile.... Down in the Pit, Song seems to have taken advantage of the smoke generated by Zeitgeist to disappear.

A leather clad figure breaks free of the crowd and clasps her hands together in a finger gun pointed at the figure who attacked Joule. "Get away from her!" Ythra screams, and a pulse of energy ripples through the air towards the 8 foot tall cloaked monstrosity. It's cloak ripples and shimmers when the blast hits, but seems to spare the man from any damage.

A second figure appears at Ythra's shoulder, Parish Guilbaut runs his fingers through his mohawk and begins to change growing, swelling with muscle as scales erupt from his skin and his clothes begin to shred. He shies away from Ythra as the ground around her erupts in thick, thorny vines that coil up and around her, twisting her limbs to their limits and one coils around her throat. Parish hisses in displeasure.

Back in front of the stage, Lars' tattoos flare up, one rushing out of his sleeve before launching forth, shifting to the appearance of an eastern cottonmouth that bares it's namesake and stretches out toward the sparking remains of the invisible attacker. The other slithers forth from his collar, rearing over his head like a scorpion's tail in the shame of a black cobra, it's hood spread wide and hissing in aggression.

Caduceus dashes towards the fight pit, yelling over the din "Zhou, get clear of that thing!" He skids to a stop and leaps back as a massive drill-bit erupts from the floor, sending more concrete shards everywhere. The massive cluster of drills unfolds into a hand and a massive, scraped, green robot begins to emerge from the floor.

Anomaly:

It seems like all hell's broken loose up above. The pounding music has been replaced by screaming and explosions. You catch a glimpse of Hexile, barking orders you can't make out over the cacophony. He stretches out an arm and Selene runs into him, wrapping both arms and a leg around him before they disappear in a gout of flame.

What will you do, Hero?

I totally forgot to notate cards for all that....
    Fives....
    Of Hearts....

Dizz and Shifter have initiative!

Show

"Kappa" has been incapacitated!
    Joule takes a Powerful Blow

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Dizz looks into the things grotesque face as she squirms trying to release herself from its grip. Screams accompanied with sobs catches her attention forcing her to look back towards from where she came from earlier. Dizz eyes dart around only able to hear what she could only assume is chaotic commotion happening with in. Her first thoughts drifts to Sarah who is probabaly still inside. Shaking her head she grits her teeth showing two baby fang like teeth "I have to focus on this thing first" she thinks to her self.
    Dizz looks down at the beast clampers as she attempts to push her self up an out once more, but is no good as the thing has a solid grip around her torso. Trying to assess the situation quickly she looks at its tail behind it covered in armor and then back at its repulsive face. "Its a shame to have such nice armor on a thing like you....Im sick of looking at ur face you know? I wounder who's faster!" She hisses out now annoyed with the situation. With her emerald green eyes pinned onto the beast face, small dense blueish purple crystals start to form around her.
    The crystals move with Dizzs movements as she extends her right arm out with her finger tips the gems hover just above her hand aimed directly to the beast face while her left hand slightly bent in a ready position as she hisses. The crystals fly towards the beast face as she manipulates them in a spraying motion connecting with several hits. Hearing cracking sounds on impact she continues to hurl another spray of them.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show

[3d8o8+1d6o6]

Spoiler: Damage
    Show

[3#4d10o10]
    Last edited by Mittenss; 2021-06-07 at 02:15 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Axel takes a couple of quick steps towards Rhinestone, moving in to continue his assault. The ringing of the bell snaps him back from his haze stopping him. As the workers enter the ring, Axel’s eyes don’t leave Rhinestone as she is dragged out. His hot-tempered instincts take over when a hand touches his shoulder. Pulling back, Axel takes a swing that barely goes wide of the man’s head. With his teeth bared Axel’s words cut into the air “Don’t. Touch me.” He leaves the ring, his hand wipes the small stream of blood off his face. He looks down at his hand before smearing the blood onto his pant leg.

The anger still boiling in Axel. His mind recedes to dark times that have only recently occurred in his life. The cost of his powers, how the changes have affected him. He felt hideous inside and out as he remembers everything all over again. He had lost control. Again. Even though he was in a fight, the loss of control still bothered him and his guilt swirled into his mix of emotions. It takes some time but, Axel finally catches sight of Hexile across the floor just before all hell breaks loose. The rhythmic pounding of music is replaced with inconsistent shakes of energy from the fighting. The flow of workers grows chaotic making it hard for Axel to reach the man. “Hexile!” He calls out. Axel pushes another person out of the way as a group swarms past him. “Hexile! What the hell is-” but his words are cut off as the duo disappears. The anger simmering in him washes over. Where the **** did they go! They are NOT getting away like this. He swears to himself as he pushes his way outside to the alley.

Once outside Axel’s head whips around looking for Hexile. His phone blares in his pocket and Axel spares a moment to read the message before slipping the phone back into his pocket. His anger plain on his face.

Notice (Benny Spent) - 4!
    Last edited by ImperialTM; 2021-06-07 at 12:17 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler: End of Session Round Up
    Show
    Shane grew into his own image of self. Spending most of this session doing his own thing and attempting to solve the conundrum on his own, but never leaving those who by chance are around him completely out of the loop... even if it is only slightly...

Spoiler: I'm alive... I think
    Show

5 spirit roll to take the TN roll of 23
    Take a powerful blow=3 bennies 2/3 left

The energy wraps all around him, sapping his essence away as everything feels heavy. The weight of Gravity seeming to enact revenge for years of time spent defying it as he crashes onto the catwalk, the air in his lungs fleeing from his body, sensing the bad luck and not wanting anything to do with whatever this would be hero found himself in.
    Everything goes from black to blurred as Shane comes back to himself. All he could feel is the burning in his chest as the lack of air in his lungs screams for his attention! Hand flying to his neck, no time to be thankful that the motion doesn’t hurt in the process, the scales of his face mask peal back to the ring around his throat and Shane is met with a wave of air that tastes like smoke and musk and metal as he gasps for breath, eyes like saucers. Never has he been more thankful for the simple act of breathing before.

Heart beat running a marathon, Shane shoots up to a sitting position, room spinning slightly but starting to come into focus. Making progress! He thinks. Putting his hand to his chest, breathing in and out, in a manor that others would find annoying as anyone having to draw attention to the simple act of breathing would. Consciously thinking of each smoke filled breath as a sign that something was wrong. Taking his hand and attempting to phase it in and out, the gloved hand didn’t respond, as if his powers had decided to take a break. While other people would find being able to breath a comforting thought, the idea that he needed to at all was, thankfully enough, only slightly disturbing, but disturbing none the less. I’ve been in this type of situation before, definitely not with everything feeling this fuzzy though, will have to thank him for those uncomfortable nights…

"SHA-", he corrects himself, "SHIFTER?! What the @#$% are you doing here and why were we attacked just now?!"

Damn it, what the hell's happening right now? We need time and cover...

"Stay inside of the smoke, it'll make you a harder to hit.", Andre calls out to Shane. "Now let's find who did this to us!"
    Shaking his head in hopes of jogging whatever hamster is asleep in his head into moving a bit faster, he looks back at Andre, the weight of the moment coming back into focus in the form of his fellow team mate. Jumping to his feet, only slightly regretting it, Shane looks around at all the commotion. “I don’t know… yo, you… p, p-person…?” It’s at this moment he remembers his mask and, tapping something at his throat, the scales wrap themselves around his face. “This place was supposed to be abandoned, I’ve been sort of making it up as I go along ever since I got here. Speaking of, do you know an Agent Crane?” Does Gecko know an agent crane? He thinks, pulling out his phone. Before he does anything else however he sees all the alerts. “What’s a Zeitgeist?”

The pulse from Madam Mechanis' backpack and Joule's electrical discharge collide with the cloaked figure almost simultaneously.
    The explosion from down below brings him back to himself… or at the very least, reminds him of the situation he is in. Looking back down at the chaos, “We need to do something, this can’t be another Mall incident!” looking back at Andre. “We don’t need to win, we just need to distract them long enough to give people more time to escape and for the real firepower to get here!”

Spoiler: Fear
    Show
    Fear Test spirit roll d4+d6=2 and 2 D20+2=3
    Last edited by Bear2pt0; 2021-06-08 at 09:40 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Dizz:

Your crystal storm rains down on the mechanical monster, denting and piercing it's armor. It warbles in surprise, it's grip tightening and moving it's massively armoured tail to shield it's face, but it's too little too late as the unending stream of shards tears away the heavy cowling around the stinger and continue to perforate the beast. It spasms, dropping you and crashes over in a heap, loose parts and armor plate crumpling and skittering away.

The strange eyed Pilka is nowhere to be seen.

Axel:

Back in the alleyway, you hear what sounds like a combination of gravel on steel and rending metal. You can also hear screaming from inside the warehouse. There isn't another readily apparent entrance besides the front door and the basement level you've just exited.

ooc: You are not on initiative cards yet, and may act as quickly as you can post.

Warehouse:

Grayson pushes himself back to his feet, staring at the shattered remains of his attacker. His grimace grows fiercer as his face stretches and elongates, swelling along with his body as he transforms into the beast within. Within seconds, the towering white draconian roars it's displeasure, deafening the ravemasters still trapped inside.

The powerful and wrathful display is interrupted by another golden beam of light lancing through a window and into the dragon's hide. Draconian bellows again, enraged, but seems unharmed by the attack.

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/whatnot
    Show
    Grayson becomes Unshaken!
    Grayson is shot, with a raise, again, for 28 Damage
    Grayson spends a Benny to soak (0 remaining) and Soaks 2 Wounds!

Round 2!
    Aces...
    "Kid, look out!" Ythra shouts at Caduceus as she blasts the giant drill-bot with another lance of sonic energy. The impact rocks the machine forward and it takes a step to balance itself, peering over it's shoulder with it's glowing green eyes and drillbit nose. "TARGET NOT RECOGNIZED" it rumbles. "ACQUIRING DATA" It announces as it begins to turn and tramp towards her on heavy, blocky feet.

Kings...
    Zhou and Dizz have Initiative!

Queens...
    Joule and Madam Mechanis have Initiative!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Axel recklessly heads towards the sounds of rending metal.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Tsu Yang Zhou, aka, Phoenix Fist
    CHARISMA: +0 | PACE: 16 | TOUGHNESS: 6 | PARRY: 9
    WOUNDS: 0 | FATIGUE: 0 | BENNIES: 3
    Doom Track: X X O O O
    Active Effects: Burn (2)
    Conditions: Guilty

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    Song looks at you, eyes wide as saucers, her jaw slack. She backs away from you and the minotaur, her had shaking back and forth slowly in disbelief. "There's no way. How?" the fear and surprise in her tone begin to evaporate, hardening into anger and apathy. Her expression hardens. She mutters a foul oath in chinese and says "You should have stayed dead, dear brother."
    Zhou studied his sister's face, eyes narrowing as he sought some trace of the young, joyous child she had used to be. "And perhaps, Song, you should have stayed at the Vale, with those that loved and respected you." He started to speak, but his words were lost in the thickening mist, "... you still could." However, he sensed a presenced, a threat, more so than the bestial bull headed gladiator.

He circled the Zeitgeist, "I do not recognize you warrior," he spoke as he circled, probing the yellow gi'd warrior's defense for an opening, a weakness. "But you appear well trained, and highly skilled. Perhaps then, this will mean something to you." He moved his arms into a defensive stance, "I am Tsu Yang Zhou, last living disciple of the Resplendent Phoenix, Master Shoqing, the sole inheritor of her hidden techniques and secret teachings." He moved again, his eyes locked with the dull white orbs of his opponent, "You stand between my sister and I, if you do not relent, you shall be vanquished."

As he spoke, he exploded into action, swinging wide around his opponent, rotating his right hip around, to slip to his opponents rear, where he drove an elbow that snapped out to a back fist, into his opponents temple, before firing off a quick thrust kick that vaulted him backwards allowing him to land in a defensive crouch, keeping an eye on both the minotaur, and his primary focus, the yellow garbed warrior.

Show
    Attack 1 & 2 vs Zeitgeist (Warehouse Rave) Rnd 1 -- FIGHT: 2#1d12o12+2+1d6o6! 19 12. So a 13 (12 & 1) +2, for a total of 15 on my first attack, and a 6 +2 = 8 on my second attack. Well Holy Crap! Damage for Attack 1 & 2 vs Zeitgeist (d8+d6): 2#1d8o8+1d6o6! 23 13 Damage for my first attack (Not including raises from the 15) Appears to be 23 (4 on d8 + 6,6,6,1 on exploding d6), and 13 (8,1 on d8 & 4 on d6). Plus an additional Potential Raise damage from attack #1 vs Zeitgeist: 1d6o6 5 on the 1st attack if the raise generates an additional dice. As my third attack I will take the defend Action, raising my Parry to 11, with visible attackers suffering a -4 on their attack.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2021-06-08 at 05:02 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

“Is that… all ya got?” Alexis asks the mechanical monstrosity as she wipes away a thin line of blood coming from the corner of her mouth with the back of her hand. Dust and more chunks of concrete drop from the wall as she slowly gets to her feet and smirks up at the robot.

While she was acting tough, inside she was a mess. Her ears were ringing. She was seeing spots from the force of her impact with the wall. Holy **** he’s fast. I didn’t even have time to react. Can I take this guy? That was a stupid question. She had to be able to take this guy.

Grayson’s draconic roars snap her attention momentarily to her boyfriend and she winces internally as he’s shot by a beam of golden light. While he seemed fine, Alex knew there was only so much he could take. He’d gotten $&@#ing stabbed. So much for her promise that he’d get out of this okay. I gotta take out this SOB first, then I can go help him.

She steels herself and calls up at the robot, “Lemme show you what us meatbags can do!” Before the metal menace can react, she teleports up to its face and delivers a vicious spinning back kick to the side of its head. As her heel connects with its temple, she sends a lance of electricity through the back of her foot, concentrating all her firepower into a small point that’s hopefully focused enough to make it through the robot’s armor. She uses her remaining momentum as she lands to kick the robot again, going for one of its knees to stress the joint and lower its mobility.

Spoiler: Rolls and Mechanics
    Show
    Taking a Powerful Blow: 3, She’s fiiiine
    CCM on this stupid robot that she’s fighting: 7

Attack 1: 12
    Attack 2: 8, using one of my own bennies and then selfishly taking a team benny because she’s only thinking about helping Grayson. Not the rest of the team or the civilians.

Damage 1: 36 + Potential Raise: 5= 41 , Heavy Weapon
    Damage 2: 21, Heavy Weapon

Bennies (1/3)
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-06-08 at 07:43 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Dizz feels the beast release its grip on her as it stagers about. Falling to the floor she is able to land on her feet as she sets her self up to attack again incase it didnt go down. Watching the thing crumble away she stands up right slowly letting the crystals disappear.
    Dizz eyes dull back down as she scans the area noticing the strange eye Pilka is no longer in the are from what she could see.

26. - Top - End - #146

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shifter
    Shaking his head in hopes of jogging whatever hamster is asleep in his head into moving a bit faster, he looks back at Andre, the weight of the moment coming back into focus in the form of his fellow team mate. Jumping to his feet, only slightly regretting it, Shane looks around at all the commotion. “I don’t know… yo, you… p, p-person…?” It’s at this moment he remembers his mask and, tapping something at his throat, the scales wrap themselves around his face. “This place was supposed to be abandoned, I’ve been sort of making it up as I go along ever since I got here. Speaking of, do you know an Agent Crane?” Does Gecko know an agent crane? He thinks, pulling out his phone. Before he does anything else however he sees all the alerts. “What’s a Zeitgeist?”
    Andre tilts his head in confusion at Shifter's response. Whatever hit Shane must've hit him hard. He can't help but laugh in spite of their situation and shakes his head, "Look I don't know who told you that but they were obviously wrong and I have no idea who this Agent Crane is."

Andre's glowing amber eyes visibly narrow from within the darkness. "You're joking right? I dip out of a couple of our classes more often than I should but even I know what Zeitgeist is." Kinda... "Think of it like a ghost that can appear anywhere and take on the form of anything or anyone. You're tellin' me you don't remember when 'Godzilla' attacked during the Thanksgiving parade way back?"

The pulse from Madam Mechanis' backpack and Joule's electrical discharge collide with the cloaked figure almost simultaneously.
    His attention shifts over to the source of the explosion and anger washes over him once again as he spots the pile of scrap. That one was MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shifter
    The explosion from down below brings him back to himself… or at the very least, reminds him of the situation he is in. Looking back down at the chaos, “We need to do something, this can’t be another Mall incident!” looking back at Andre. “We don’t need to win, we just need to distract them long enough to give people more time to escape and for the real firepower to get here!”
    "Yo @#$% that! Do what you want but things are different this time. It's clear that whoever-", Andre's eyes widen as he watches Joule get slammed into the wall of the warehouse by the cloaked figure. "or whatever those things are, they want us dead and I'm not gonna wait for help that ain't gonna get here in time! We are the firepower."
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2021-06-09 at 11:04 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

Marcy watched the chaos continue to unfold in the warehouse beneath her. Things were definitely out of control... and so, she found, were her own emotions. Roiling coils of deep-seated insecurity clashed with hot rage and frustration all underscored with the burning shame of the feeling that somehow this was her fault.

The middle of the floor was overtaken by the massive white dragon, and the Zhou was in the ring with Song and... actually Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. It had to be Zeitgeist. Alright, great, so that's a thing. A flash of irritation burned in her mind. Zhou, you idiot, you have no idea what you're up against... you of all people should know that sometimes it's better just to not fight. Not that she really knew much about Zeigeist, other than he (it?) was bad, bad news. She knew she should heed the alert from Hite Academy, but things were moving too quickly and something had to be done about the sniper. All she could do was hope that Zhou wasn't enough of a fool to get himself killed over this.

She was distracted by another flash of blinding light and immediately seized the opportunity to track its origin. She took the fear gas capsule out of her pocket and chucked it into the crowd, wherever the population was most dense, without really even checking to see who would be caught in it.

Spoiler: OOC Throwing Roll
    Show

Used a Benny to reroll the 1 on the dice from the first attempt
    Result = 4 (-1 for conditions)=3

She ran along the rafters towards the broken windows, her eyes locked on the trajectory the beam had taken. She saw the roof of a neighboring building and shot her grapnel gun, flinging herself out of the fray and into... well, whatever was up there.

Once in the open air, the gravity of what she was doing began to sink in. She was going in, alone, to the top of a dark building when no one knew where she was. But she didn't give the doubt a chance to psych her out. This was happening. She had to believe she was up for the task. It was that or admit defeat.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Dizz:

The steady stream of Pilka escaping the warehouse grows fuzzy in your eyes.... the whole world really. The world is suffused with a ruddy red glow and a heavily armored pilka with glowing red eyes strides towards you out of an alleyway. It locks eyes with you and says in a strangely echoing voice

Wͯ͋̀ͤ͊͏̵̖̹͍̫̲̯͜e͍̹͎͙̫̯̓̉͒̉͋ͯ̇ ̧͚͓͈̒͛̾̾s̵̬͉̱͇͓̫͚̋ͨ̈́̈́ͪ̔̄ͅh̨̫̟̟͈͙̆ͨ̑̏͑͠oͣ̔͏̧͙͇̖̺̙͘ ȕ̢̗͎͔̹̩͍̞̝̊̆ͬ̉l͉̤̭ͣͤ̍ͤ͆ͩd̡͈̩͚̣̭͓̂̆͌ ̵̢̤̟̟̯̭̞̝̔̂̈́̆̏͂́t̼̟̼̝̼̥ͦ̿ͅa̲̪͙̠̖̬̺̙ͥ͠l͇̀͋͂̈́͂̆͗̀͠͞͠ ̪k̹͍͂̿͒ͯ̄͑̋ͣ́

Your vision blurs and eventually fades out entirely as something akin to sleep takes you.

Anomaly:

You round the bend of the warehouse, returning to where you were originally turned away, and find a rather different scene than the queue of excited would-be ravemasters. You find a shredded and scrapped robot, violently studded and perforated by glittering crystals which seem to be disintegrating, a massive pool of rapidly congealing blood, a panicking crowd attempting to squeeze out of the warehouse, and three men in suits holding gleaming chrome firearms attempting to force their way up stream and into the warehouse.

Zhou:

Your backhand to the temple seems to shock the warrior into action, catching your kick in one palm and shoving you away. He takes up a wide stance, one hand extend towards you, fingers splayed wide, the other cocked back in a fist. He rotates, thrusting the fist forward, and a hidden dagger on a length of metal cable launches towards you. GET OVER HERE The man's hellish voice screams at you. But your uncanny reflexes save you, ducking aside of the barbed blade. It buries into the concrete wall of the pit and the demonic fighter leaps into the air, the cable pulling him toward you in a rush of vengeful flame.

Joule:

Your kick knocks the robot's head askew, and electricity crackles across it, down it's body, down into it's cloak, which ripples and sheens and flares dramatically. Your kick to the knee is like kicking a mountain, unmoving, unyielding... painful. The robot rolls it's neck, straightening to tower over you again. It's smile gets wider as it laughs. "Hey. That tickled, and I'm not even programed for physical sensation!" It lashes out at you with one armored boot, but you easily get out of the way.

Spoiler: Capes, Cowls, & Masks
    Show

you've never even heard of anything like this... but it does seem to share a lot of design elements with Eta9

Warehouse:

Your classmate turned massive reptile lunges at the vines holding Ythra fast, tearing into them with claws and teeth. She's just able to work herself free when the concrete erupts at Sarus' feet, throwing Ythra to the ground. A pillar of stone rises up, twenty feet in the air, it's tip shaped like a grasping hand that clenches in on Sarus, who uses both hands and feet and squirms with his tail to hold the crushing hand open and avoid it's clenching fingers.

Caduceus jogs after the drill bot, his snakes repositioning to coil around his arms as they change into piebald pythons "Ythra, resonate the big one!" He calls out.

Ythra pushes herself to her feet and, without answering Caduceus, flings her hands toward the giant robot stomping towards her, concentric rings of sonic energy erupting from her palms, vibrating the concrete and the robot. Caducues leaps into the air and his snakes lash out, coiling around the massive biceps of the robot, before pulling himself down, boots first, into the robots head, sending it tipping over and onto the ground.

The air around Boombox begins to pulse and shudder as piercing noise and thumping bass erupt from his speakers. "Fo-get this. I'm gettin' outta here." The heavily armored figure begins to walk backwards, slowly retreating away from the stage and the fight.

Marcy:

You crash through the window and land on the adjacent building in a glittering tide. You spy, at the far edge of the roof, a humanoid figure, wrapped up in a cloak, with a massive, blocky rifle pointing towards the warehouse. It turns toward you, and the hood reveals a cluster of asymetrical lenses. It then raises it's rifle up in a smooth motion. The lenses contract and expand, rotating into a new configuration, and then a blinding gold light overtakes you.

Spoiler: Shifter:
    Show

"Given their current predicament, Andre is attempting to press Shifter into taking action and ending the fight before things take a turn for the worst.

He's telling Shane that if he and the team use their powers to stop to the fight on their own rather than waiting for help it could mean the difference between life and death.

Andre is attempting to shift Shifter's Danger up and his Mundane down."

Also:
    With a 5 vs. the TN 23, the mysterious villain beats you with 4 raises, so, as per the earlier description. ALL of your Skills and Attributes are reduced by 5 die types, to a minimum of d4.
    Any powers you have with Levels in them are reduced by 5 Levels (example: Parry is 1 Point per level, so if you had 10 points in Parry, you'd have 10 levels, ergo having your Parry negated by half.)
    any powers you have without levels are simply eliminated.

as an Action, you may make a new opposed spirit roll each turn to shake off the negation.

Warehouse cont.

Eights...
    Grayson Draconian roars again and scuttles across the warehouse towards Joule and the robot that towers over her.

Sixes....
    Andre and Shifter have initiative!

Show

Scorpion spends a benny to soak 2 wounds!
    Sigma Prime Absorbs 1 Wound
    Sigma spends 6 GM Bennies to negate more wounds.
    Kid Caduceus spends a Benny to use a Combined Attack on Rho!
    Tau shoots Madam Mechanis with a Raise for 37 Damage . This is not a kinetic attack. Marcy may spend a Benny to attempt to soak 7 Wounds. Or Take a Powerful Blow
    Marcy also absolutely clears Insecure by attempting to seek out and confront Tau alone.
    Last edited by big teej; 2021-06-09 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Shifter's negation

29. - Top - End - #149
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGirl

You crash through the window and land on the adjacent building in a glittering tide. You spy, at the far edge of the roof, a humanoid figure, wrapped up in a cloak, with a massive, blocky rifle pointing towards the warehouse. It turns toward you, and the hood reveals a cluster of asymetrical lenses. It then raises its rifle up in a smooth motion. The lenses contract and expand, rotating into a new configuration, and then a blinding gold light overtakes you.
    Marcy doubled over in pain, gasping from the intensity of the hit she'd taken. This wasn't anything like training. Her mind reeled, the feeling of being out of her depth intensifying to an almost incapacitating degree. I... I've got to get out of here... I can't do this, why would I ever have thought I could do this, Jesus, I'm about to be completely destroyed by a single hit and everyone's going to get hurt, and it's all my fault because I couldn't just buck up and do something... They were right, they're all right about me... everyone will know it was my fault and I'll get expelled and I should have just done what I was told... Her thoughts were spiraling, and it was all she could do to look up at her foe, gritting her teeth. She focused on the tech, trying to drown the jumble of overwhelming emotions she was experiencing with something she could understand.

Something approaching determination surfaced in the maelstrom of her mind. The sniper is using a gun. It's just a gun. A ****ing BIG gun -- but it's just another goon. They're not blasting us with some kind of superpower. That means that without their gun, they're just.. nobody. Just like you.

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics
    Show
    I tried to soak but failed, I tried to reroll but then decided to just Take A Powerful Blow instead (but I'll still count the Benny as spent if you want, lmk).

Take A Powerful Blow = 14
    Probably the worst time to roll max lol. I'll use two of the 7-9 options.

First -- I'm going to choose to mark two conditions, Insecure (again!) and Afraid. Plus my previously accumulated Anger and Guilt, I'm now at 4 conditions w/-2 to Trait rolls.

Second -- I'm going to resolve this on my next turn, depending on what the situation is I'm either going to Give Ground to the enemy or pathetically lash out at provoke a teammate if there's someone up here that it makes sense for me to do that to.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler: Shifter
    Show
    I accept the Change

"Yo @#$% that! Do what you want but things are different this time. It's clear that whoever-", Andre's eyes widen as he watches Joule get slammed into the wall of the warehouse by the cloaked figure. "or whatever those things are, they want us dead and I'm not gonna wait for help that ain't gonna get here in time! We are the firepower."
    Andre’s words flipped a switch in Shifter who up until that moment had been caught up in what felt like a blast that nocked him into the next plane, and the strangeness of the night. This was no longer a scope things out and report back type of situation. Andre was right, they were in the middle of it and it was up to them to be the hero’s… No, not hero’s… It was up to them to quell the situation. Labels could come later.

Underneath his mask Shane grits his teeth. Thinking over the situation momentarily, which seemed a lot harder to do now than he felt it would have been moments ago, and did the one thing he felt needed to happen above everything else. Nodding to himself, he turns towards the wall that houses the entrance and makes his way outside, preparing to climb down whatever wall or ladder he needed to to do so. As he moves away from Andre he yells above the chaos” I am going outside” and with that leaves the smoke. Clenching his hands in and out of fists while taking deep methodical breaths in an attempt to clear his mind and collect his strength as he makes his way outside.

Spoiler: I'm going somewhere
    Show
    [Shifter will Climbing Down the wall, out the window, a ladder, whatever he finds on the way to the end of the catwalk on his way outside.Climbing Check: 1d4=4+1d4=6] [1d6=1]

Spoiler: Shaking it off
    Show
    [Spirit roll to recover: 1d4=4+1d4=5][ [1d6=1]