New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Yu-Gi-Oh!

Here's my QT with AV, and it has links to the me-totaldile, AV-totaldile, and AV-Apogee-me threads.
    https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/P8rEcXxr4pXw

I find it funny rereading some of the banter, knowing what's up now.

Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    Since jeenleen is saying he was boosted both n1 and n2. Which means you boosted him twice.
    No. I didn't say that, or didn't mean to.
    Book Wombat was boosted N2.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2021-05-12 at 02:11 PM. Reason: typo in name of folk in thread

2. - Top - End - #242
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Here's my QT with AV, and it has links to the me-totaldile, AV-totaldile, and AV-Apogee-totaldile threads.
    https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/P8rEcXxr4pXw

I find it funny rereading some of the banter, knowing what's up now.

No. I didn't say that, or didn't mean to.
    Book Wombat was boosted N2.
    Ah got it.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

If anyone's curious, the boost allowed me to use an additional power on my target. I used Magical Hats last Main Phase 2 on myself and had the choice to use Mirror Force (the only other available power). We (Me, JeenLeen and Batcathat) were hoping it would give two uses of the same power so I could bane BCH.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

@BookWombat: btw, the game Jeen was talking about in your QT was Red Atlantic Cruise . Confusing but fun is s good description. Xi betrayed everyone, and then (accidentally?) sealed her own fate by posting her evil plan in a QT others had access to.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

@XI: what boost would Solomon have given Diabound or Bakura?
    I assume Zorc couldn't be boosted, since can't be targeted.

If you're willing to share, I'd be curious about all the potential boosts. Might use a booster in a future game, and some ideas would be nice.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    @BookWombat: btw, the game Jeen was talking about in your QT was Red Atlantic Cruise . Confusing but fun is s good description. Xi betrayed everyone, and then (accidentally?) sealed her own fate by posting her evil plan in a QT others had access to.
    All according to plan. The other boot hasn't dropped just yet.

@XI: what boost would Solomon have given Diabound or Bakura?
    I assume Zorc couldn't be boosted, since can't be targeted.

If you're willing to share, I'd be curious about all the potential boosts. Might use a booster in a future game, and some ideas would be nice.
    Diabound would have gotten a filter; learn every ability (but not the player) going to which player and decided which one went to each.
    Bakura would have learned what players his target had QTs with, and a one-sentence summary of what they've been saying.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

7. - Top - End - #247
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, good game even if it went very poorly for us. We needed to kill Jeen if we were messing with him and it went bad from there. Not much else to say game wise.

On the topic of my name, I don't mind if people get it wrong - it's kinda a lot. If I'm shortening it I usually do Cao or theCape (which I use as my name for most gaming things) but whatever people wanna call me is fine.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Well, good game even if it went very poorly for us. We needed to kill Jeen if we were messing with him and it went bad from there. Not much else to say game wise.
    It probably didn't matter much in the grand scheme of things, but you claiming my role made things a lot easier for me, since that meant I could be fairly certain Jeen was trustworthy (before that I was about 50/50 on his accusations against you being some clever gambit).

If anyone's curious, I assume Jeen won't mind if I share our QT (I think it hasn't been shared yet, but I might've missed it).

I ended up not using any of my own QTs, I was thinking about reaching out to gac and/or Valmark, since they were the only ones I didn't have any direct or indirect contact with, but I couldn't figure out what I should say.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    I'm still so confused by that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    I ended up not using any of my own QTs, I was thinking about reaching out to gac and/or Valmark, since they were the only ones I didn't have any direct or indirect contact with, but I couldn't figure out what I should say.
    I understand the feeling- I often start them with some variation of "Hi there" unless I know exactly what I want to say or ask, because I feel awkward just starting to talk out of nowhere xD

And by that I mean literally only 'hi there'.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

It probably didn't matter much in the grand scheme of things, but you claiming my role made things a lot easier for me, since that meant I could be fairly certain Jeen was trustworthy (before that I was about 50/50 on his accusations against you being some clever gambit).

If anyone's curious, I assume Jeen won't mind if I share our QT (I think it hasn't been shared yet, but I might've missed it).

Hey cool! I almost reached out to you or valmark based on my night 2 results! Oh well.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    I understand the feeling- I often start them with some variation of "Hi there" unless I know exactly what I want to say or ask, because I feel awkward just starting to talk out of nowhere xD

And by that I mean literally only 'hi there'.
    Yeah, but I wanted to have a plan for what I'd say after that. I didn't trust either of you enough to volunteer any information about myself or someone else and I couldn't think of anything to say to get you talking. I probably would've tried eventually, if not for the game's sudden end. I'll make establishing contact with people my next goal in my personal "figure out how to play these games" project.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2021-05-12 at 04:16 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

It looks like I'm next up to run a game. I'm not sure who here is/isn't following the thread where we talk about that stuff but I'm going to post the same thing here that I did there.

I have two ideas ready to roll out.

One is probably completely unbalanced and also I can't give any details about roles or anything until after the game starts. But has been in my head as a "wouldn't this be fun as a concept" game. Might also be the type that would be more fun with higher numbers of more active players.

The other would be a much more standard idea about a divine conflict. Original idea was to do a Greek mythology one but a mod came in and slapped down a bunch of red text so it will instead be based on a fictional pantheon.

Do people have thoughts or opinions on which they would rather I run?

Edit; If I ran the first one, it would be called *Words of Power*

Edit 2: Lack of feedback will result in me running the second.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    The other would be a much more standard idea about a divine conflict. Original idea was to do a Greek mythology one but a mod came in and slapped down a bunch of red text so it will instead be based on a fictional pantheon.
    That's funny. Earlier today I was thinking that I might want to try and run one of these games eventually (I'd want a few more of them under my belt as a player before I try, though) and one of my ideas was one based on either Norse or Greek mythology, followed by the thought "I wonder if that'd be against the forum rules?"

Probably a good thing that you'd be the narrator in a game like that. There's no way I'd trust that you were a non-murderous deity.

(Context for everyone else: gac and I are in a god game together. He created a murder cult. You know how it goes...)

14. - Top - End - #254
    Bugbear in the Playground

No preference from me, I'll be joining either game.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    No preference from me, I'll be joining either game.
    Same here.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    One thing that amused me was that Murska pointed suspicion at all three wolves, either privately or publicly, in the one day he got to see and do things.
    Here's our QT, yeah. https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/MZhaU3AJJqv

I'm pretty happy about my suspicions. Not only did I finger all three wolves, I also didn't finger any non-wolves. It's partly luck of course, but still.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

It looks like I'm next up to run a game. I'm not sure who here is/isn't following the thread where we talk about that stuff but I'm going to post the same thing here that I did there.

I have two ideas ready to roll out.

One is probably completely unbalanced and also I can't give any details about roles or anything until after the game starts. But has been in my head as a "wouldn't this be fun as a concept" game. Might also be the type that would be more fun with higher numbers of more active players.

I get the feeling most players are leaning towards less-bastardy games of late, after a couple... rather odd ones They're fun, but not sure if folk want abnormal games after some bastardy ones and cult ones, or cult-bastard ones.
    Your idea 1 isn't necessary any of those, but it could be, so mentioning that comment.
    You can also be pretty sure you won't have a large number of players, sad to say.

So, for those reasons, I'd recommend the second idea as the 'best' choice. Though personally I'd prefer you do the first. I am going to try to force myself not to join the next game due to a new job starting, so my opinion is not actually relevant, BUT I'd like to read through a bizarre-concept game and think it would be more fun to see a cool concept played out.

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat
    That's funny. Earlier today I was thinking that I might want to try and run one of these games eventually (I'd want a few more of them under my belt as a player before I try, though) and one of my ideas was one based on either Norse or Greek mythology, followed by the thought "I wonder if that'd be against the forum rules?"
    If you did it as "the GitP version of the Norse Pantheon" or the "Xena/Hercules TV show version of the Greek pantheon", I think you'd be fine. I've read forum rule commentary noting that a pantheon based on real life but clearly from a ficitional show is cool. Like how we can discuss the Northern Pantheon of the comic or Thor from the Marvel universe, even though it's based on Norse mythology. We just can't discuss how in line or not in line it is with real life Norse mythology.
    NOTE TO AVOID ANY WARNINGS: not a mod, just trying to relay what I've seen from mods in the past. The last post here has some good comments by a mod: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...ality-of-Posts

But, yeah, based on real life mythology doesn't work, since that was/is real life religion. My cult game (Pelor the Burning Hate heresy) was originally based on some real life events, but I refluffed everything to abide by forum rules.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2021-05-13 at 08:14 AM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

If you did it as "the GitP version of the Norse Pantheon" or the "Xena/Hercules TV show version of the Greek pantheon", I think you'd be fine. I've read forum rule commentary noting that a pantheon based on real life but clearly from a ficitional show is cool. Like how we can discuss the Northern Pantheon of the comic or Thor from the Marvel universe, even though it's based on Norse mythology. We just can't discuss how in line or not in line it is with real life Norse mythology.
    Yeah, I thought about that, but that feels like it'd just be unnecessarily skirting the line while still not getting to properly geek about mythology, since I'd have to make sure whatever details I wanted to add was true of the version of mythology I was using. If I ever do run a game, I'll probably just go with some other idea, no lack of inspirations to choose from, even if I avoid all the ones already used.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

I reread this role description and I realized that "turning yourself into a trading card" is apparently a thing people can do in this universe. It kinda makes me want to learn more about Yu-Gi Oh. Seems delightfully bonkers.
    {Scrubbed}
    Last edited by truemane; 2021-05-17 at 07:47 AM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    {Scrub the post, scrub the quote}
    That was certainly... something.
    Last edited by truemane; 2021-05-17 at 07:49 AM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

I get the feeling most players are leaning towards less-bastardy games of late, after a couple... rather odd ones They're fun, but not sure if folk want abnormal games after some bastardy ones and cult ones, or cult-bastard ones.
    Your idea 1 isn't necessary any of those, but it could be, so mentioning that comment.
    You can also be pretty sure you won't have a large number of players, sad to say.

So, for those reasons, I'd recommend the second idea as the 'best' choice. Though personally I'd prefer you do the first. I am going to try to force myself not to join the next game due to a new job starting, so my opinion is not actually relevant, BUT I'd like to read through a bizarre-concept game and think it would be more fun to see a cool concept played out.

NOTE TO AVOID ANY WARNINGS: not a mod, just trying to relay what I've seen from mods in the past. The last post here has some good comments by a mod: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...ality-of-Posts

But, yeah, based on real life mythology doesn't work, since that was/is real life religion. My cult game (Pelor the Burning Hate heresy) was originally based on some real life events, but I refluffed everything to abide by forum rules.
    Hmmm... Then maybe I'll be able to frame it as something like a "Percy Jackson" game.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes... This could work. Going to try to bust out some edits to my original plan and then will try to have a recruitment up tomorrow.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...3#post25046813

My new Percy Jackson game is now recruiting.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Looking forward to it.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

I realize now that I assumed my new post was going to cause an updated section. But it didn't. Hmm...

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

I realize now that I assumed my new post was going to cause an updated section. But it didn't. Hmm...
    The "updated" is if your new post is within...I want to say an hour of the previous post?

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    The "updated" is if your new post is within...I want to say an hour of the previous post?
    Good to know. I didn't realize.