A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 662
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Eilyra nods to Center-Of-All. "Then I believe we have an accord."

    Listening to both Avakuss and Ash opposing a more rational split of any potential gains, Eilyra crosses her arms, and leans back, clearly disappointed by the group decision, and even more so by Rule's gloating. "So it would seem." Still, she seems to be fairly calm about it, but as the conversation shifts back to the "How to accomplish this." topic, she leans forwards, and engages in the conversation once more.
    "I can dispel, or even cast mind blank, should you fall to madness. Outside of that, well, I believe the phrase is sword and wizardry. However, healing is not something I really do." Of course, while Eilyra does have a bow, she doesn't seem to be carrying a sword.
    As she finishes, she looks to Joel. "The earplugs will be welcome, and while being deaf isn't ideal, I can cope. Probably." Looking around the table, she continues. "Now, are there any other last minute preparations that we need? If we want to wait until tomorrow, I can be better prepared for a planar trip, but I don't think we really have the time to spare for that."
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2021-05-25 at 08:05 AM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Eilyra Dlardrageth, Expedition to the Demonweb Pits
    Violet, A Faerie Affair
    Adamant, Planescape: Full Circle

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Ash

    Ash acknowledges Eilyra's frustration with a faint sympathetic smile. Frustration with Rule of Three was practically a hobby for Ash.

    "I would appreciate a few minutes at the end of this conversation to better prepare to go through the gate, but I agree with Eilyra that the urgency is such that a longer delay is unwise. In order to better prepare, though, it would be useful for me to understand why we think that this particular library will be of use to us, and what we're hoping to find there."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Center-of-All says "I can Mind Blank two others, and have already done this on myself.

    The original portal where the Key was used was destroyed soon after. The Cult must have believed they could build a new one. It would be extremely difficult to open it without the Key, and so far, they have not done it.

    Their library, if still intact, may tell us a few things: Was there another portal? If so, where? Could we destroy it? What did the Rajah know? And what else did they think the Key might do?

    So, it could give us a lead on where my enemies might take the Key or threaten to do so."


    OOC: Looks like the party will agree to take Center's oath. If anyone declines, they will be asked to leave the room. Once all in the room have agreed, Center says the following:

    "As for the Key itself, it looks like a sword. A big two-hander even for me. Etched into the adamantine blade are geometric patterns. Sharp, too."

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Taric has been standing silently at the back of the room, listening intently to those more intelligent and wise than himself, who knew more of magic. "I agree to a full division of the loot to be found. Sharing six ways makes as much sense as five, counting the share set aside for party use. As for the oath, I agree to swear to it as well. I can see beyond my personal needs, and can see that the Mad God's release would be catastrophic to everyone. And if Rule can smooth things out with Grazz't as a secondary reward, then I am all the more eager to begin the search for the Key."

    "As for preparation, I am ready to go now. All I need is the earplugs. And I could do with one of those mind blanking spells, if no one else has need for them to be cast on themselves. I have no access to magical items that can protect my mind, beyond the natural hardiness of my people, which would be of little comfort against creatures such as we are sure to face."

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Eilyra listens to Center's description of the Key with interest. A giant sized two handed adamantine blade? An... interesting choice for a key.
    Spoiler: Does she know?
    Show

    Anything about such an artifact, or anything similar?
    (1d20+36)[40] (Planes, Arcana, Local, or Religion)
    (1d20+39)[50] (Nature)
    (1d20+19)[31] Nobility and Royalty
    (1d20+14)[20] Anything else


    After Taric speaks up, showing that he had been listening quite well, Eilyra stands. "I'll be fine, Center, although I appreciate the offer. And it sounds like we're good to go? And have an idea of what we are looking for."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Eilyra Dlardrageth, Expedition to the Demonweb Pits
    Violet, A Faerie Affair
    Adamant, Planescape: Full Circle

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Quote Originally Posted by kinem View Post
    "As for the Key itself, it looks like a sword. A big two-hander even for me. Etched into the adamantine blade are geometric patterns. Sharp, too."
    Avakuss smiles and looks upward at Center. "Sounds like something I could use if needed. When needed I can be nearly twice your height."

    "I can get by on a couple hours of sleep, what of the rest of you? Do we want to wait until morning for the assault so that spells can be prepared and final items secured? If so perhaps a a brief foray through the gate now would aid in our preparations? Basically step through, look, then come right back. Doing so invisibly or through magic even better."
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Cendrik for J-H's Servants of the Thrallherd
    Semult for Kish's Wrath of the Righteous
    Faazeran for kinem's Drow Against Midnight

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Ash


    Ash shrugged, her wings rippling slightly behind her.

    "I am content to go now. Since the point of the library is to direct us onwards in a new direction, it might be more fruitful to regroup and prepare after we learn what we can there.

    "Once we are through the portal, there are several means for us to gather additional information about this invisible beast in the cavern, but there is very little I can do until I am in situ. With earplugs, I will be ready to proceed."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Eilyra, still standing, nods at Ash's words. "Could I be better prepared? Of course. There is always room for better preparation. Is a rest going to help?" She shrugs. "Not much. I say we proceed. Ash and I have a few spells to let us learn more about what we're walking into. Depending on what we discover, we may or may not proceed into the library. I can provide a safe place to rest, if required, even on Pandemonium."

    She looks to Joel, her golden eyes glowing with an inner light. "Once we have the earplugs, and presuming we don't need anything complicated to utilize the gate you know of, of course."
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Eilyra Dlardrageth, Expedition to the Demonweb Pits
    Violet, A Faerie Affair
    Adamant, Planescape: Full Circle

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Joel fishes earplugs from a bag he had in his pocket and hand out a pair of them to each of the others, except for Rule. He also produces a wand and hands it to whoever reaches for it. "Restoration wand, somewhat used. In case of chaos beasts."

    Spoiler: ear plugs
    Show
    -5 to Listen checks, +2 on saves against effects that require hearing


    Rule pulls out a black metal triangle, three inches across, with an inverted "Y" inlaid in copper. "The Pandemonium portal key. It's a symbol used by the Cult. The portal opens whenever such a key is brought nearby, on either side. Center, a poor substitute for the Key you lost, but it'll do for now." He hands it to Center, who says "Thanks."

    Spoiler: Eilyra
    Show
    You have not come across anything about such an artifact, though that could be because it's been hidden with Center this whole time.
    Last edited by kinem; 2021-05-26 at 08:52 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Avakuss accepts the ear plugs. If no one takes the wand he suggests that Center holds onto it for now as long as he can activate it. The goliath recognizes the portal key from a previous trip. "At least last time, we had to travel upwind to get to a side tunnel where the creature was. If that seems to be the case there, stop short of the side tunnel and prepare." Once through the portal Avakuss marks the tunnel spot as he did last time.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Just before passing through the gate:
    Use Cognizance Crystal (5PP) to power Vigor. 25 temp hp for 19 minutes
    Energy Adaptation Extended. 6.5 hours 9PP Resist 30 acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic
    Steadfast Perception Extended 9PP. 6.5 hours. immunity to all figments and glamers (such as invisibility). +6 enhancement Spot and Search checks
    Put in ear plugs

    Taking notice of the tunnel size once we are across to see how large I can Expand.

    Spot: (1d20+25)[44]

    Yes, the Mind Blank would prevent it (Hostile Empathic Transfer] from working.
    Ouch. At least regular Empathic Transfer isn't Mind-Affecting.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Cendrik for J-H's Servants of the Thrallherd
    Semult for Kish's Wrath of the Righteous
    Faazeran for kinem's Drow Against Midnight

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Ash

    Ash looks at but does not reach for the wand.

    "If no one else can use the wand, I'll take it, but it would be useful to have two of us able to offer the kind of relief that the wand offers.

    She pockets a pair of earplugs, and sends telepathically to all in the group.

    *In dangerous situations, I find it faster and easier to speak in this way. There are a few spells and effects that block telepathy. I need to understand who I can and can't reach in this way, if there is an emergency. If you can hear me, please let me know.*

    When all are ready and they reach the portal, Ash weaves another pair of spells to expand her senses.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Before stepping through the portal, Ash casts True Seeing and Foresight.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2021-05-27 at 02:28 PM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Eilyra accepts the proffered earplugs, although she chants for a moment, and makes a brief gesture, casting prestidigitation to clean them, before tucking them away into her pouch. She notes the byplay between Rule and Center, but makes no comment.
    She shakes her head at the proffered wand. "Unless that's an eternal, it is unlikely to function in my hands."

    Eilyra offers a brief nod to Ash along the way, in response to her telepathic question.

    Eilyra follows as the group heads towards the gate, and gives Avakuiss a nod of appreciation for the information as she slips her now clean earplugs into her ears as she follows through the portal.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2021-05-28 at 12:51 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Eilyra Dlardrageth, Expedition to the Demonweb Pits
    Violet, A Faerie Affair
    Adamant, Planescape: Full Circle

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    In the meeting room ...

    ************************************************** *********************

    Joel said "Around the time I had my brush with the Rajah, a temple of the Cult on the Prime was destroyed. It seems that the cultists there came close to being able to release their god, or perhaps just thought they were. Several of the cultists made it to Sigil, which is how we found out about the connection to Pandemonium. By now, all of those I know of have already met bad ends.

    I've looked at the materials we captured from them, but to be honest, much of it seems to me like the rantings of addle-coves. However, I suspect that part of the reason for that is that the Cult uses their own codes and metaphors, with the other part being that they are in fact barmy.

    Edigaria, I believe that you would be best suited to evaluate that stuff. Since we have no time to waste, while the others check out Pandemonium, would you see if you can make sense of those materials? If necessary, I know how we can get to the Prime world where the Cult's temple was, to investigate further. Or if it's a quick read, you can catch up with the others instead. Here's another of the portal keys."


    Edigaria nods.

    ************************************************** *********************

    Since Ash said she could use the wand, Joel handed it to her. "Best of luck to you all."

    Center briefly concentrated on Taric and on Edigaria. "Mind Blank."

    Center shrinks to human size and his appearance becomes human as well. He says "Best if I'm not recognized. In this guise call me Keskus." He still wears only a simple robe and carries no visible weapons.

    Rule's appearance changed back into that of the human who had been seated at the bar. He said "Best if my involvement is concealed as well. Call me Tercero."

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The walk to where the gate is takes about half an hour. At this time, near antipeak, the light is dim and the smog make visibility somewhat poor. Here in the Lower Ward, this can be a dangerous time to roam the streets, but for the group of mostly armed adventurers, the trip proves uneventful. You pass a few pedestrians; mostly they are on the way home from drinking.

    'Tercero' leads you to the blind alley where the portal is; Avakuss recognizes the place, which seems little changed. There are large rocks strewn around the entire alley, but it is otherwise empty.

    "Should I wait for you?" 'Tercero' asks.

    'Keskus' tells him "No need. We know where to find you, and this might take a while." He puts in the ear plugs and concentrates for a short while. It's easy to guess that this probably means he used a spell-like ability on himself.

    The portal flares open when 'Keskus' approaches it, since he carries the portal key. Immediately you hear a howling wind and feel a gust.

    Once the group (sans Rule) is through the portal, the wind is intense. Even with the earplugs, the howling of it is quite annoying, and makes it speech hard to hear. You find yourselves in a rough stone tunnel about 30' in diameter.

    Spoiler: Avakuss
    Show
    As you know from last time, the opening to the cavern is about 100' upwind from the portal.


    Spoiler: Ash
    Show
    Make a DC 22 Will save. The earplugs give +2 on the save, which is a bit moot
    Last edited by kinem; 2021-06-03 at 09:08 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Ash

    At the tavern, since everyone was changing their appearances and assuming pseudonyms, Ash followed suit. She adjusted her appearance slightly, filling out her face and tinting her skin red, adding small horns and becoming a succubus. She shrugged.

    "It will have to do. And might be more appropriate for a library in pandemonium anyway."

    Ash tucked the wand away in her shoulder bag without comment, along with her notes.

    --

    At the other end of the portal, Ash immediately reaches out with her senses and winces at the mental impact of the wind.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    One of her spells, I think it's Visions of the Future, gives her the ability to roll twice and take the better result on all saves. Will save: (1d20+33)[41] (1d20+33)[34].

    Senses:
    100' mindsight
    60' darkvision
    Foresight (so never surprised)
    Arcane Sight (aside from the portal and us, she can see and automatically knows any magical auras within 120'
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Once through the portal, Eilyra takes a look around, even as her golden hair seems to almost spark in the wind as it whips around, and sighs as she removes her bow and quiver, and puts them into her bag(Which doesn't seem big enough to fit them, but it clearly does).
    Spoiler: Taking a lookit!
    Show

    (1d20+19)[32] Spot
    (1d20+14)[22] Listen


    With a shrug, she turns, and starts walking upwind, exposing rather more leg than usual as the wind blows her dress behind her.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Eilyra Dlardrageth, Expedition to the Demonweb Pits
    Violet, A Faerie Affair
    Adamant, Planescape: Full Circle

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Ash

    Squinting against the swirl of grit and debris, Ash joins Eilyra in walking up the tunnel.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Before entering the tunnel Avakuss responds verbally to Ash. "Yes, I can hear you, but you won't be able to hear me."

    "We turn upwind, then in about 100' we'll come to the entrance of the cavern on the side. We'll pause just short of it. Thumbs up when ready. Anyone have a means to peak in without giving ourselves away? Once we engage I'll get in it's face extremely quickly. Knowing where it is beforehand would be nice. Watch out for rocks and boulders being carried by the heavy winds."


    Once in the tunnel Avakuss turns upwind and leads the group. He stops just short of the entrance. He waits for the thumbs up from the others, hoping someone will provide more information.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Once everyone gives the signal that they are ready, I'll use Expansion just before going in (want to maximize rounds/lvl inside the cavern.

    Spot- already done
    Listen- (1d20+10)[12]
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Cendrik for J-H's Servants of the Thrallherd
    Semult for Kish's Wrath of the Righteous
    Faazeran for kinem's Drow Against Midnight

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Center resumes his normal appearance once inside the tunnel. The wind is strong but the party can make its way upwind.

    OOC: The wind imposes a -2 penalty on ranged attacks and listen checks.

    Spoiler: Ash
    Show
    A 20' radius magical aura that is not from the party suddenly appears in the vicinity of the cave opening. It's of faint evocation.


    Avakuss' plan soon runs into a problem: It sounds like the cave sports some new guardians, as the sounds of heavy stomps begin to emanate from the vicinity of the cave mouth.

    OOC: PCs to act.

    Spoiler: map
    Show
    Code:
    A = Avakuss, C = Center, H = Ash
    E = Eilyra, T = Taric
    
    
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    ..............................
    ..............................
    CC............................
    CC............................
    .HT...........................
    .EA...........................
    XXXXXXXXXXXXX..XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXX111222XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXX.111222.XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXX....111222....XXXXXXXXX
    XXXXX.................XXXXXXXX
    XXXX...................XXXXXXX
    XXXX....................XXXXXX
    XXXX....................XXXXXX
    XXX.......................XXXX
    XX.........................XXX
    X............................X
    X......00....................X
    X......00....................X
    X..........................XXX
    X.........................XXXX
    XX........................XXXX
    XXX.....................XXXXXX
    XXXX.....................XXXXX
    XXXX......................XXXX
    XXXXX.......XXXXXX......XXXXXX
    XXXXXXXX##XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Last edited by kinem; 2021-06-03 at 09:09 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Trudging through the tunnel, Eilyra reacts quickly as another sound makes it's way through the howl of the wind. Heavy stomping. Earth elementals? Giants? Something else? Regardless, trouble is here, and it might as well be unfriendly.
    She speaks quickly, as her fingers dash to the component pouch at her waist. "Trouble. Something big." The terse words are barely audible through the howl of the wind, and they're soon followed by chanting, before she vanishes from sight.

    Spoiler: Actions(Including Haste on everyone)
    Show

    Eilyra is using her swift action to cast Shield, granting +9 AC for 44 minutes.(Abjurant Champion auto-quicken/extends.). She conserves the spell slot with her circlet of the elven mage.
    She takes a free action to cast Haste on everyone. Haste is EX for her.
    She takes her first standard action to cast Improved Invisibility.
    NOTE: She has one standard action remaining, courtesy of perpetual options.


    Invisibly, she slips past Taric, heading towards the middle of the corridor, aiming to get a look at the interior of the cavern.

    Spoiler: Movement
    Show

    Eilyra will move 10 tiles to the right, and 4 tiles north. This should give her a look at the interior of the cavern. If not, she'll move a little more, to get such a look(70 feet movement)
    (1d20+19)[24] Spot


    Spoiler: Status
    Show

    AC 51(Touch 29) F 18/R 29/W 17
    Invisible.
    Hasted(+1 AC, attack, reflex saves)(Perpetual options grants an extra standard action, instead of an extra attack)
    50% concealment(Non-magical, not countered by true-seeing.)(Blurred Alacrity)
    50% miss chance vs single targeted spells.(Evasive Celerity)
    Freedom of Movement(Diligent Rapidity)

    Expeditious dodge is active(+2 ac)

    Shield(44 minutes)
    Extended Moment of Prescience(44 hours)(Burning Blackfire)
    Extended Mind Blank(48 hours)
    All four Heart spells(22 hours)
    Extended Contingency(If health between 0 and 30, Pop Resilient Sphere around Eilyra, 5 foot area.)(44 days)
    Extended Greater Magic Weapon(On her sword)(+5)(44 hours)
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2021-05-30 at 06:47 PM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Eilyra Dlardrageth, Expedition to the Demonweb Pits
    Violet, A Faerie Affair
    Adamant, Planescape: Full Circle

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Spoiler: Eilyra
    Show
    Eilyra sees a pair of huge creatures of roughly humanoid shape just inside the large cave. Each is a bloated horror, with distended veins sprawling across its skin, and empty eyes. There's little doubt that they are particularly sizable specimens of the undead known as Bloodhulks.

    The cave itself has a rough floor. (OOC: difficult terrain)
    Last edited by kinem; 2021-05-31 at 12:09 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    The burst of speed from Eilyra was a nice surprise. His boots allowed him to do the same so he was used to the benefit. He directed his voice backwards to the party so that the wind would prevent the sound reaching the enemy. "Big, got it. Let them come out to us."

    Avakuss takes a step forward to make room as he grows to four times his normal height.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    5' step forward to make room.
    Std: Expansion: 7PP to grow to Huge for 19 rounds
    Grow two size categories (med -> huge, +4 Str, -4 Dexterity -2 on attack rolls, -2 AC, 15' space/reach)

    Swift: Strength of My Enemy 9PP.

    Hoping we get another round or two to buff but can handle otherwise.
    Displacement cloak is active
    Current speed=90!

    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Cendrik for J-H's Servants of the Thrallherd
    Semult for Kish's Wrath of the Righteous
    Faazeran for kinem's Drow Against Midnight

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Ash

    With the wind howling down the tunnel, becoming airborne to reduce the danger is out of the question. Instead, Ash sends to her colleagues: *There's some kind of evocation magic around the corner ahead as well, but it and the creatures it represents are shielded from me.*

    She steps back down the hallway a bit, trying to sense what's ahead.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    To confirm some more assumptions:

    If there were creatures where the numbers 1 and 2 are on the map, Ash would normally sense them with Mindsight? That is to say, is mindsight blocked by normal walls?
    Greater Arcane Sight not only allows the seeing of schools of magic, but automatically detects specific spells and effects? So if Ash isn't getting a specific effect, the spell is somehow masked?
    Mind Blank shields the subject, but not itself - in other words, I can't detect anything about the individual, but I can still sense the presence of mind blank on my colleagues, since Arcane Sight isn't targeting them in any way?

    Move action: retreat 30' back down the tunnel.
    Ready action: cast Hold Person, if a humanoid comes out of the side cavern.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Seeing and recognizing the creatures as Bloodhulks(And thus undead), Eilyra chants a third time, and points between the pair of Bloodhulks, and casts Glitterdust. And I was dumb enough to momentarily consider baleful polymorph. Undead are immune to most afflictions of the body; Get yourself together, Eilyra.
    Spoiler: Casting
    Show

    She's casting Glitterdust(After edits)
    Will, DC 24. (1d20+25)[45] SR, if needed.


    Spoiler: Status
    Show

    AC 51(Touch 29) F 18/R 29/W 17
    Invisible.
    Hasted(+1 AC, attack, reflex saves)(Perpetual options grants an extra standard action, instead of an extra attack)
    50% concealment(Non-magical, not countered by true-seeing.)(Blurred Alacrity)
    50% miss chance vs single targeted spells.(Evasive Celerity)
    Freedom of Movement(Diligent Rapidity)
    Knowledge Devotion(+5 Attack/Damage) vs Undead

    Expeditious dodge is active(+2 ac)

    Shield(44 minutes)
    Extended Moment of Prescience(44 hours)(Burning Blackfire)
    Extended Mind Blank(48 hours)
    All four Heart spells(22 hours)
    Extended Contingency(If health between 0 and 30, Pop Resilient Sphere around Eilyra, 5 foot area.)(44 days)
    Extended Greater Magic Weapon(On her sword)(+5)(44 hours)
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2021-05-31 at 08:40 AM.
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Eilyra Dlardrageth, Expedition to the Demonweb Pits
    Violet, A Faerie Affair
    Adamant, Planescape: Full Circle

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Taric has his weapons drawn already, and has nothing in the way of special powers that can be used against undead monstrosities. So he keeps ready to fight on the frontline of the combat. He hopes to keep the creatures at a single file, so he would only have to fight one at a time.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    OOC: See Post #73 above for retcon re: Edigaria.

    Although he appears to bear no weapons or armor, Center fearlessly approaches the opening of the large cave, stopping just short of the glittering dust particles.

    A huge golden halberd suddenly appears in his hands as he swings his arms, as he attempts to take a bloody slice out of Bloodhulk (1d2)[2].

    ooc: Attack (1d20+27)[31], damage (5d6+12)[26] vs AC 18 or 16

    The two undead monsters suddenly begin to move faster, presumably as another monster hidden within the cave casts haste on them, though no such creature is visible.

    The Bloodhulks attempt to strike Center and beat him to a pulp. When they do, a semi-translucent suit of golden full plate appears on his body just for a moment, warding off all but the final attack.

    ooc:
    #1 attack #1 (1d20+28)[39], damage (3d6+28)[39]+(1d6)[2] cold
    #1 attack #2 (1d20+28)[39], damage (3d6+28)[44]+(1d6)[3] cold
    #2 attack #1 (1d20+28)[32], damage (3d6+28)[42]+(1d6)[2] cold
    #2 attack #2 (1d20+28)[40], damage (3d6+28)[32]+(1d6)[5] cold
    #2 (blind) miss chance (miss <51) (1d100)[44], (1d100)[73]
    vs Center AC 40, DR 15

    PCs to act

    Spoiler: map
    Show
    Code:
    A = Avakuss, C = Center, 
    H = Ash (20' off screen to the left, next to south wall of tunnel)
    E = Eilyra, T = Taric
    
    
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    ..............................
    ...........E..................
    ..............................
    ...AAA........................
    ..TAAA.........CC.............
    ...AAA.........CC.............
    XXXXXXXXXXXXX..XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXX111222XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXX.111222.XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXX....111222....XXXXXXXXX
    XXXXX.................XXXXXXXX
    XXXX...................XXXXXXX
    XXXX....................XXXXXX
    XXXX....................XXXXXX
    XXX.......................XXXX
    XX.........................XXX
    X............................X
    X......00....................X
    X......00....................X
    X..........................XXX
    X.........................XXXX
    XX........................XXXX
    XXX.....................XXXXXX
    XXXX.....................XXXXX
    XXXX......................XXXX
    XXXXX.......XXXXXX......XXXXXX
    XXXXXXXX##XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Last edited by kinem; 2021-06-03 at 09:56 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Avakuss darts at epic speed towards the action but circles wide until he reaches the cavern entrance then turns towards the entrance. He jumps and powerfully lands just within his own reach of the enemy. The impact creates a shock wave right through the entrance threatening to knock the enemy off their feet.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Current speed is 90'!
    Moving northeast then due south to be next to Center but 5' back so I don't attract AoOs and they are in my 15' reach. Jump is at +63 after haste plus Mountain Mvmt so not an issue.

    Greater Stomp (CPSi p99). 120' line due south to hit both bloodhulks. Reflex 24 or fall prone and take (7d6)[20] damage. SR: No.

    With Combat Reflexes and my Bracers, will be taking advantage of AoOs as they stand up with full power attack.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Cendrik for J-H's Servants of the Thrallherd
    Semult for Kish's Wrath of the Righteous
    Faazeran for kinem's Drow Against Midnight

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlueWizardGirl

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Ash

    Since her colleagues seemed intent on getting into, or at least near, the side cave, Ash trots back in order to better assist. Rather than fight the roaring wind, she simply sends telepathically to the others.

    *There's an outsider inside the cavern that just used the same haste effect as Eilyra. I'll see if I can hamper its actions.*

    Deftly slipping in behind Centre, she steps a little further down the passage and orients on the spot where she senses the outsider. It is said by many in Pandemonium that chance controls the universe. If that's true, she tries to give it the worst luck possible.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move action: Ash moves to a point directly north of Centre.
    Free action: telepathic speech.
    Standard action: Ash casts Unluck on the outsider she senses. Will DC 26 negates. Roll to beat possible SR: (1d20+22)[35]
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Invisibly, Eilyra darts towards the pair of bloodhulks as they stagger in the wake of Avakuss's stomp, flaring her wings as she jumps straight between the two, slashing out as she goes and heads deeper into the cavern, hoping to get a look at the outsider Ash mentioned.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

    Moving a bit, Bounding Assault(Targeting both bloodhulks, to prevent AoO's against her, despite only hitting one), and then flying past the pair of them, to look around(She should end up ~20 feet south of the hulks)

    (1d20+40)[48] Attack the first!(Vs #2) (1d10+20)[28] Slashing + (1d6)[4] Untyped + (1d6)[3] Fire
    (1d20+35)[41] Attack the second!(Vs #2) (1d10+20)[22] Slashing + (1d6)[4] Untyped + (1d6)[5] Fire

    Her Swift and Perpetual Option actions remain available, and may be used depending on the outsider.
    (1d20+36)[38] Know: Planes, to identify and knowledge devotion the outsider


    Spoiler: Status
    Show

    AC 51(Touch 29) F 18/R 29/W 17 HP 256
    Invisible.
    Hasted(+1 AC, attack, reflex saves)(Perpetual options grants an extra standard action, instead of an extra attack)
    50% concealment(Non-magical, not countered by true-seeing.)(Blurred Alacrity)
    50% miss chance vs single targeted spells.(Evasive Celerity)
    Freedom of Movement(Diligent Rapidity)
    Knowledge Devotion(+5 Attack/Damage) vs Undead

    Expeditious dodge is active(+2 ac)

    Shield(44 minutes)
    Extended Moment of Prescience(44 hours)(Burning Blackfire)
    Extended Mind Blank(48 hours)
    All four Heart spells(22 hours)
    Extended Contingency(If health between 0 and 30, Pop Resilient Sphere around Eilyra, 5 foot area.)(44 days)
    Extended Greater Magic Weapon(On her sword)(+5)(44 hours)
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Eilyra Dlardrageth, Expedition to the Demonweb Pits
    Violet, A Faerie Affair
    Adamant, Planescape: Full Circle

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Both of the huge bloodhulks tumble down as Avakuss shakes the ground. Eilyra slashes them, and gushes of blood spurt out of their wounds.

    Spoiler: Ash
    Show
    Ash can sense that the outsider has a superior invisibility effect on it.

    OOC: Blindsense, and thus Mindsight, is not sufficient to cast a targeted spell on a creature. To do so you must see or touch the creature. Blindsight would work, although that's a bit open to DM interpretation.

    But your True Seeing allows you to see the creature ...


    Spoiler: Eilyra
    Show
    Although you should be now close enough to see the creature, you don't. Evidently it is invisible.

    The wind in the cave is not as strong, but the whistling of the wind past the mouth of the cave produces a strange sound. However, it has no effect on you.


    ooc: Eilyra and Taric to act.

    Spoiler: map
    Show
    Code:
    A = Avakuss, C = Center, H = Ash
    E = Eilyra, T = Taric
    Bloodhulk Crusher = 1(prone), 2(prone, blind)
    
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    ..............................
    ..............................
    ............AAA...............
    ............AAAH..............
    ..T.........AAACC.............
    ...............CC.............
    XXXXXXXXXXXXX..XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXX111222XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXX.111222.XXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXX....111222....XXXXXXXXX
    XXXXX.................XXXXXXXX
    XXXX...................XXXXXXX
    XXXX....................XXXXXX
    XXXX.........E..........XXXXXX
    XXX.......................XXXX
    XX.........................XXX
    X............................X
    X......00....................X
    X......00....................X
    X..........................XXX
    X.........................XXXX
    XX........................XXXX
    XXX.....................XXXXXX
    XXXX.....................XXXXX
    XXXX......................XXXX
    XXXXX.......XXXXXX......XXXXXX
    XXXXXXXX##XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Last edited by kinem; 2021-06-04 at 10:36 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    GreenSorcererElf

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UTC-5

    Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

    Not missing a beat after entering the cavern, and not seeing the creature, Eilyra casts see invisibility, trusting that Ash's assessment was accurate.

    Spoiler: Status
    Show

    AC 51(Touch 29) F 18/R 29/W 17 HP 256
    Seeing Invisible
    Invisible.
    Hasted(+1 AC, attack, reflex saves)(Perpetual options grants an extra standard action, instead of an extra attack)
    50% concealment(Non-magical, not countered by true-seeing.)(Blurred Alacrity)
    50% miss chance vs single targeted spells.(Evasive Celerity)
    Freedom of Movement(Diligent Rapidity)
    Knowledge Devotion(+5 Attack/Damage) vs Undead

    Expeditious dodge is active(+2 ac)

    Shield(44 minutes)
    Extended Moment of Prescience(44 hours)(Burning Blackfire)
    Extended Mind Blank(48 hours)
    All four Heart spells(22 hours)
    Extended Contingency(If health between 0 and 30, Pop Resilient Sphere around Eilyra, 5 foot area.)(44 days)
    Extended Greater Magic Weapon(On her sword)(+5)(44 hours)
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

    Eilyra Dlardrageth, Expedition to the Demonweb Pits
    Violet, A Faerie Affair
    Adamant, Planescape: Full Circle

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •