New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1501
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Planescape: Center of All - IC

Eonorl replies "To the ruin? Oh ... about a couple hundred years ago. Probably. Don't worry though; I remember the route as though it were just one hundred." The creature seems almost amused.

OOC: I assume that each party member pays the suggested 400 gp fee

Center is in his human form, which is just as well, since the boat is just barely large enough to hold the party as is.

Eonorl tells you "You all know to keep out of the water. As I said, this could take two to five hours. The Styx does change, and in less than a day, something like a portal can redirect or move. This place here in the Abyss is really only good for setting up meetings like this one thanks to the nearby portal to Sigil. The river here just goes through a wasteland. I will begin our real journey by Plane Shifting boat and all to the Waste, and the arrival there can be unpredictable. Other than the final stretch which could be plagued by the swarms, that may be the most dangerous part of the journey. Once there I will navigate to safer waters. Any last questions?"

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Colossus in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

After handing over the requested funds, Eilyra listens to Eonorl's explanation, before she asks the question that had been waiting in her mind. "If we are attacked, will you desire our aid in repelling whatever it is, or would you rather rely on your own abilities?"
    Spoiler: Current Character List:
    Show

John Smith, Playing in the Dollhouse
    Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    Grok Magmaforge, Iron Crisis
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Eonorl replies “I’m surprised you had to ask. While I will defend myself if faced with a minor threat, I am here to navigate, not to guard you. If faced with real danger, I will of course flee and let you fend for yourselves. If a threat presents itself, you would be well advised to drive it off or defeat it before it comes to that. Needless to say, if I am forced to flee, you are not entitled to refunds.”

4. - Top - End - #1114

GreenSorcererElf

Eilyra shrugs. "I've encountered captains who did not want passengers to get involved in any combat, out of fear that the passengers would cause greater issues. It seemed a reasonable point to clarify."

With that said, and her fee paid, she settles into the boat, her hand drifting towards her pouch for a moment, before she resolutely places her gloved hands into her lap, waiting for the planeshift before she started scribing again.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ash

Once the craft is underway, Ash settles in the front, her large eyes darting around and keeping watch for surprises and ambushes.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ash will assume a watch position, scanning both with her eyes and with mindsight.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Firbolg in the Playground

Avakuss takes a seat where the boat will best be balanced with his size, then keeps watch.

Show
    Spot (1d20+25)[29]
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

The boat has wooden boards that function as seats, and leather straps that can be used to hang on to if needed.

Once the party is settled in, Eonorl raises his pole. If you look closely at the pole, it's clearly not made of wood, but something smooth and grey.

The 'loth then briefly concentrates, and the scene changes ... Unlike a normal Plane Shift, there is no need to hold hands; the skiff shifts and all passengers are carried with it.

Suddenly the small boat is in a fast-moving river. Everything here is dull grey; the sky is clouded over, although not completely dark. Along the banks of the river you see an occasional stunted tree. If you listen closely you can hear a very faint sound as of metallic objects clanging in the distance, but see no source for it.

Eonorl says "Ah, a rather typical stretch of river it seems. It will take a while to get my bearings. Keep an eye out, but things could have been a lot worse than this."

After about a hour, you see creatures in the air ahead. "Hydroloths. They can be aggressive, but I will warn them that you lot are too tough a prey. Then most likely they won't take the risk. And now I know where we are."

Indeed, the yellowish, frogfaced gliders, each almost twice as tall as a human, swoop down to take a look at the skiff, but don't approach closer than about 50'. It's a bit odd how they are getting into the air, since they are gliding down and not regaining height, but they must be teleporting. There are about two dozen of the creatures, and they sometimes dive into the river itself.

Eventually the boat passes the 'loths. The pace of the river picks up here, and Eonorl constantly uses his pole to try to steer the boat away from the rocks that are barely visible below the waterline.

The river approaches a fork, and perhaps surprisingly, Eonorl steers the boat into the left side which has a faster flow. The flow gets faster and the terrain begins to slope down steeply. The river pours down a raging waterfall into a dark pit, boat and all ...

And now you are on a more peaceful stretch of river again. "Portal" Eonorl explains. "They are common as I think I mentioned. Good thing too, as they come in handy for navigation. I have some control over the destination, but to a limited extent."

There are five more such portals along the route Eonorl chooses, which takes another couple of hours. Finally he says "This is it. We are approaching the ruin."

You start to hear the buzzing of insectlike creatures and see some of the all too familiar "Abyssal spiders" along the riverbanks. There are starting to gather but don't yet have enough for an aggressive swarm.

To the right side you see a crumbing stone structure coming up, about 300' from the river. Eonorl shoves the boat up against the steep riverbank.

"All passengers off here. I don't plan to stick around here."

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ash

Ash steps off the boat and turns to regard Eonorl.

"Thank you for fulfilling your obligation. Wish us luck, I suppose."

Beating her wings, Ash drifts upward and scans the surrounding cavern, edging toward the structure ahead.

Show

Spot: (1d20+50)[55]
    Scanning with Mindsight.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

9. - Top - End - #1119

GreenSorcererElf

Settling into the boat, Eilyra is quickly disappointed as she realizes that she wouldn't be able to safely continue her studies of the scroll as Eonorl poles them along, through various potential dangers. She watches the Hydroloths warily, and watches the dreary, depressing terrain with a bland expression.

After waiting for a short period, they reach the end, and she disembarks the boat, before looking back at Eonorl. "An excellent trip, Eonorl. You do your profession credit." Stepping further away, she looks to the quickly gathering spiders, and shakes her head. "We'd better get moving, as I would prefer to not need to fight those swarms. I have a trick prepared for them, but avoiding them would be preferable."
    That said, she starts towards the structure, scanning it for signs of watchful guards as she approaches.

(1d20+19)[28] Spot
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

10. - Top - End - #1120

Avakuss

"Thank you Eonorl."

"I can teleport us to the ruins to get ahead of the spiders and surprise anyone there. Make contact with me."
    Once those who wish to teleport make contact Avakuss uses uses his inner mind to see them by the ruins and in a flash they are there. They never had to even step off the boat.

Show
    Dimension Door whoever wants to go. 7PP.
    Spot (1d20+25)[30]
    Listen (1d20+10)[23]
    Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

As soon as the party leaves the boat, Eonorl is gone, along with the skiff.

The area surrounding the ruin is rough terrain, partly from rubble and partly from the natural rock in the area.

A rectangular tower about 45' wide in the direction facing the river, and about as high, is the only building that still stands. It is windowless and does not look like it was built as a guard tower. It's made of some kind of black stone. If there are entrances, they don't face the river.

Many Abyssal Spiders seem to be around the tower, but they keep a distance of about ten feet from it. They are starting to gather and you estimate that an aggressive swarm will form in about 30 seconds from your arrival here. The buzzing of the insect-like creatures no doubt has alerted anyone in the tower ...

Spoiler: Ash
    Show
    Other than the 'Spiders' outside the tower, you can sense three Outsiders in the tower. One is of average intelligence on a human scale, and the other two are slightly above that.

OOC: Begin round by round actions
    Last edited by kinem; 2022-06-09 at 06:37 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ash

As Avakuss transports the group to the top of the tower, Ash sends to her colleagues.

*There are three outsiders in the tower up ahead. Not particularly geniuses. I see no particular reason to delay moving forward. I suggest we look for a way into that tower and take them out as soon as possible."

She casts a spell, invigorating the group's movement, and flies forward and up, trying to get a look at the tower from above.

Show
    Standard action: cast Haste on the group.
    Move action: Fly 80' diagonally forward and up toward the tower.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2022-06-13 at 11:44 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1123

Avakuss uses Dimension Door to move the party to the top of the tower.

Any doorways?
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

There are no doorways on top of the tower, and you can’t really see the sides from there.

The tower is smooth in some places, jagged in others. It looks like it may have cracked open at some time, but has been repaired, probably with the use of Wall of Stone spells.

15. - Top - End - #1125

GreenSorcererElf

Looking around the tower, Eilyra frowns, noting the lack of entrances, before gesturing to everyone to step back as she casts a spell into the roof of the tower. The green ray strikes the floor, vaporizing a 10 foot cube.(Disintegrate)
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2022-06-14 at 08:45 AM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

16. - Top - End - #1126

Avakuss looks through the hole. If there's no one in the newly opened area and it looks safe he'll use the edge of the new opening to lower himself down.

Show
    Tumble/Jump are high enough for auto pass.
    Spot (1d20+25)[38]
    Listen (1d20+10)[26]
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

The top of the tower is rectangular, about 45' wide (side facing the river) by 55' long. On the far side of the tower is an attached extension about 30' long and 25' wide, but it's only 25' tall and thus the top of the tower is above it.

Eilyra's disintegrate spell is successful and opens up a 10' square hole in the top of the tower.

Below is a rectangular room almost as large as the top of the tower minus 5' thick walls in each direction. The 'extension' part of the building is separated from it by a doorway.

In the center of the room below there is indeed something resembling the Gate you saw on the Astral plane. It's a 10' circle and glows faintly purple.

Of more immediate interest, four fiends occupy the corners of the room. To those with arcane sight, each has several magical auras upon it, except for the last which is apparently shielded from divination.

Clockwise starting with the far left corner:

- A large, green, scaly humanoid
    Spoiler: Knowledge (planes) DC 30
    Show
    This is a Tekinto, a powerful fiend known for its ability to attack at a distance with claw-like attacks that don't require line of sight

- A huge winged creature, which all of you know is a Nycaloth.

- A human-sized creature, but where the head and neck would be on a humanoid, it has two long snake-like heads with green scales.
    Spoiler: Knowledge (planes) DC 30
    Show
    This is a Colubriloth, a powerful Yugoloth known for casting divine spells.

- A human-sized grey humanoid with a large, horned head. It does not show up on Mindsight or Arcane Sight.
    Spoiler: Knowledge (planes) DC 22
    Show
    This is a Baernaloth, an ancient Yugoloth known for cruelty. Though they have the power to cast Miracle once a day, they are not otherwise particularly powerful in general, though of course an individual might have learned additional tricks.

Spoiler: Knowledge (planes) DC 34
    Show
    Some Baernaloths, known as the Darkest due to their knowledge of secrets, retain much more of their ancient power. You may hope this is not such a one, since if it is, the party may be in over its head. Either way, it's worth noting that much like a lich, any Baernaloth always returns if slain, though there is no phylactery involved in this case.

OOC: PCs to act
    Last edited by kinem; 2022-06-17 at 07:44 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ash thinks about what she knows about the creatures below.
    Spoiler: Knowledge checks
    Show
    Green guy: (1d20+18)[36]
    Nycaloth: (1d20+18)[31]
    Grey humanoid: (1d20+18)[33]
    Knowledge Devotion: (1d20+18)[20]
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2022-06-17 at 06:03 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1129

GreenSorcererElf

Eilyra speaks rapidly to her allies at the abruptly revealed Yugoloths. "Large green is a Tekinto. Try to keep out of reach, it can ignore armor, and does drain energy. The nycaloth is mostly a melee threat. The one with the snake heads is a Colubriloth, expect abilities similar to a cleric and a poisonous bite. The Darkest Baernaloth is a master of dark speech, which can be quite nasty. Also, immune to polymorph and mind affecting. Priority is the Baernaloth. I'll see if I can remove the others from play."

It is remotely possible that they're not our enemies, but, really, we're just not that lucky. This is going to get dicey.

She then speaks more loudly, addressing the collected 'loths below. "If you're not in service to Tharizdun, we can talk. If you are, your service ends here." She pauses for a brief moment, giving them time to respond, but not much time. As well as quietly hasting herself.
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2022-06-20 at 07:25 AM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

OOC: I assume that Eilyra meant to say "Tharizdun". Mnemonic : "There, is done"

Ash, Avakuss, Taric to act

21. - Top - End - #1131

"Grey then snake, got it."

From everyone else's perspective, Avakuss the 7'7" tall goliath is standing on the roof peering down through Eilyra's hole, then suddenly is on the ground between the Baernaloth and Colubriloth, standing 30' tall in a nightmarish version of himself with four long tentacles coming out of his back. He immediately starts pounding away at the fiends.

Show
    Temporal Acceleration, 3 bonus rounds (plus the regular turn, labeled turn 0 here).
    0 Swift: Temporal Acceleration 19PP
    1 Std) Precognition, Defensive 19 min 19PP for +7 saves/ac
    1 Move) Drop down to be halfway between Baernaloth and Colubriloth. Autopass on Jump and Tumble to reduce damage, but still expect to take some.
    2 Std) Form of Doom, 19 rounds 11PP
    2 Move) Move into melee (both casters if possible)
    3 Std) Expansion to Huge 7PP, 19 rounds
    0 Full) Flurry of strikes attack (with -2 from shaken)
    0 Move) If Baernaloth goes down, 5' move to get another enemy in reach if possible while keeping Colubriloth within reach.

No AoOs during Temporal Acceleration movement.
    Size: 15'x15'
    Reach: 20' (from size+powerful build) Should cover reaching Baernaloth, Colubriloth without moving, possible the other two too.
    Combat Reflexes (+ magic items that boost AoOs)
    Powerful Build has me count as gargantuan

Fist1: (1d20+28)[31] crit: (on 19+): (1d20+28)[42] (+15 BAB, +12 STR, +4 Magic, +1 Focus, -2 Size, -2 Shaken)
    damage: (8d8+16)[56] Bludgeon + (1d6)[2] Electric. Specials: Adamantine, Good
    On hit, Staggering Blow, Fort DC32 or stunned one round.
    crit: (8d8+16)[46]

Fist2: (1d20+28)[48] crit: (on 19+): (1d20+28)[43] CRIT THREAT
    damage: (8d8+16)[57] Bludgeon + (1d6)[6] Electric. Specials: Adamantine, Good
    crit: (8d8+16)[49]

Fist3: (1d20+28)[43] crit: (on 19+): (1d20+28)[48]
    damage: (8d8+16)[56] Bludgeon + (1d6)[5] Electric. Specials: Adamantine, Good
    crit: (8d8+16)[49]

Fist4: (1d20+23)[28] crit: (on 19+): (1d20+23)[37]
    damage: (8d8+16)[55] Bludgeon + (1d6)[5] Electric. Specials: Adamantine, Good
    crit: (8d8+16)[54]

Fist5: (1d20+18)[19] crit: (on 19+): (1d20+18)[29] NAT1
    damage: (8d8+16)[53] Bludgeon + (1d6)[5] Electric. Specials: Adamantine, Good
    crit: (8d8+16)[66]

From OOC:
    Haste: (1d20+28)[36] crit: (on 19+): (1d20+28)[39]
    damage: (8d8+16)[53] Bludgeon + (1d6)[6] Electric. Specials: Adamantine, Good
    crit: (8d8+16)[45]
    Last edited by Cavir; 2022-06-20 at 08:04 AM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1132

Taric is nodding with Avakuss's statement but suddenly Avakuss is down in the fight in a monstrous size and form. Not to be left behind, the Shadow Bariaur suddenly appears between Avakuss and the grey man. Taric is also a whilrwind of attacks from both of his dragonsplits.

Show
    If Avakuss takes down grey man, then redirect to snake man. With Avakuss so large, Taric can fit between.

Swift: SLA Dimension Step to be between Avakuss and grey man (else snake man)
    Free: Rage (+4 Str, +4 Constitution, +2 Will, -2 AC)
    Full: TWF. If each weapon his at least once, then add Rend damage. Sneak attacks since they are flat footed and/or his Distracting Attack ability). 5 attacks with main hand (including haste), 3 attacks with offhand.

Spoiler: Attacks
    Show
    Haste 1: (1d20+32)[39] (+19 BAB, +10 STR, +2 Focus, +3 weapon, -2 TWF) crit on 17+
    DMG: (1d8+15)[18] (+8 STR, +3 weapon, +4 specialization)
    Holy: (2d6)[7]
    Sneak: (2d6+19)[23] (Craven)

Main 1: (1d20+32)[48]
    DMG: (1d8+15)[21]
    Holy: (2d6)[4]
    Sneak: (2d6+19)[24]

Main 2: (1d20+27)[30]
    DMG: (1d8+15)[18]
    Holy: (2d6)[5]
    Sneak: (2d6+19)[27]

Main 3: (1d20+22)[37]
    DMG: (1d8+15)[17]
    Holy: (2d6)[5]
    Sneak: (2d6+19)[27]

Main 4: (1d20+17)[18]
    DMG: (1d8+15)[20]
    Holy: (2d6)[8]
    Sneak: (2d6+19)[29]

Offhand 1: (1d20+32)[49] (+19 BAB, +10 STR, +2 Focus, +3 weapon, -2 TWF) crit on 17+
    DMG: (1d8+15)[18] (+8 STR, +3 weapon, +4 specialization)
    Holy: (2d6)[12]
    Sneak: (2d6+19)[22] (Craven)

Offhand 2: (1d20+27)[35]
    DMG: (1d8+15)[23]
    Holy: (2d6)[10]
    Sneak: (2d6+19)[25] (Craven)

Offhand 2: (1d20+22)[32]
    DMG: (1d8+15)[17]
    Holy: (2d6)[7]
    Sneak: (2d6+19)[23] (Craven)

Rend: (1d6+17)[23] (+ 1.5xSTR)

On Crits: Target gains a negative level. Taric gains 5 temp hp and +2 attack morale bonus.

EDIT: Strength damage with Rage is +10 not +8 so +2 damage for each hit
    Rend damage is +15 not +17, so -2 damage.
    Main4 is a Nat1
    Offhand 1 is a crit threat
    32 rolls in there!
    How many were hits?

Last edited by Cavir; 2022-06-20 at 01:03 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1133

Spoiler: Avakuss tentacle attacks
    Show
    If Avakuss and Taric take down the creature that quick, the other enemies will acknowledge our strength and bow down to us right?

Forgot to do the four tentacle attacks from Form of Doom

Tent1: (1d20+18)[26] (+15 BAB, +12 STR, -2 Size, -2 Shaken, -5 secondary)
    damage: (2d8+6)[13]

Tent2: (1d20+18)[21]
    damage: (2d8+6)[10]

Tent3: (1d20+18)[20]
    damage: (2d8+6)[17]

Tent4: (1d20+18)[32]
    damage: (2d8+6)[13]
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

The Baernoloth somehow survives Avakuss' numerous strikes, but is brought down by Taric's quick slashes. The body of the fiend plops to the floor, clearly torn apart and oozing grey blood.

OOC: Ash to act

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ash

Ash nods, duly impressed with her colleagues' sheer efficiency at killing. Not her specialty, particularly. As usual, her mind turned instead to information. She thought quickly and sent to her colleagues.

*It would be useful to try to take a prisoner. It's a long shot, but I'll see if I can seize control of the Nycaloth. If it doesn't attack us, please don't go after it.*

She weaves her most powerful enchantment and grimaces, trying to bully her way into the daemon's mind. *Stand still. If you cooperate, you may live, and might even be rewarded.*

Show
    Ash casts Dominate Monster on the Nycoloth. Will DC 32 negates. CL check to beat SR: (1d20+20)[33]

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

The Nycaloth resists Ash's mind-control spell.

Center decides to jump down the hole. At first it seems that he's in for a rather rough and harmful landing, but he suddenly begins floating down gently, falling as if light as a feather.

Upon landing on his feet, he attempts to attack the Colubriloth. As usual, a huge halberd briefly appears in his hands.
    OOC: attack (1d20+28)[41] vs ff 30, damage (4d6+12)[26]

The Colubriloth responds to all of this by saying with its snake-like heads "Whoever you are, you will regret thisss!" and casting a one-word spell with both heads: Blasphemy!

OOC: Center, Avakuss, and Taric are within range.
    Effective Caster Level: 23; (1d20+23)[38] vs SR (Center's SR is 32). Effects:
    Daze 1 round (no save)
    Weakened: Strength penalty (2d6)[8] for (2d4)[7] rounds
    Paralyzed (Center only): (1d10)[7] minutes
    Banish to home plane: Will negates DC 31

Center's Will vs Banish: (1d20+23)[35] includes Magic Circle vs Evil
    Taric's Will: (1d20+16)[30]
    Avakuss' Will (I'll roll here to speed thing up but if he has options let me know): (1d20+26)[36]

To be continued ...

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Taric vanishes, having been Banished back to Ysgard where he was born.

Center is Paralyzed; Avakuss is Dazed (1 round) and Weakened.

The huge Nycaloth is suddenly surrounded by (1d4+5)[8] Mirror Images.

It takes a 5' step towards Avakuss then makes a full attack with its huge axe and claws.

OOC: Attacks
    (1d20+41)[46], damage(4d6+15)[27]
    (1d20+36)[47], damage(4d6+15)[22]
    (1d20+31)[49], damage(4d6+15)[24]
    (1d20+26)[38], damage(4d6+15)[30]
    claw (1d20+30)[35], damage(1d8+3)[9] + bleeding wound
    claw (1d20+30)[34], damage(1d8+3)[5] + bleeding wound

The Tekinto, not to be outdone, attacks Avakuss without even going over to him by using Wraithstrike with its Far Claws ability.

OOC: Touch attacks
    far claw (1d20+27)[40], damage(2d6+13)[22] + 1 negative level
    far claw (1d20+27)[35], damage(2d6+13)[17] + 1 negative level

OOC: Ash, Eilyra to act

Spoiler: map
    Show
    Code:
    A = Avakuss (dazed, weakened)
    C = Center (paralyzed, dazed, weakened)
    H = Ash (on roof)
    E = Eilyra (on roof)
    T = Taric (banished)

N = Nycaloth
    S = Colubriloth
    K = Tekinto
    P = Baernoloth (dead)
    # = Gate
    d = door

.......XXXXXddXXXX.......
    .......X.NNN..CCSX.......
    .XXXXXXX.NNN..CC.X.......
    .X.....d.NNN..AAAX.E.....
    .X.....d....##AAAX.H.....
    .X.....X....##AAAX.......
    .XXXXXXXKK.......X.......
    .......XKK......BX.......
    .......XXXXXddXXXX.......
    Last edited by kinem; 2022-06-22 at 09:57 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1138

GreenSorcererElf

Seeing that conversation had failed, Eilyra flies down, and across the battlefield, tossing out spells as she goes. First, a high ringing sound lashes towards the Colubriloth as a mirror flashes in Eilyra's hand, before an arcing bolt of lightning lashes from her hands.
    Spoiler: Actions/Castings
    Show

Swift: Casting Shield
    Standard 1: Casting Glass Strike on the Colubriloth
    (1d20+22)[26] Spell Resistance(+2 from Vest)(28)
    Fortitude Save DC 29 or be turned to glass.

Standard 2: Casting Extended Stun Ray(On the Colubriloth if it resists the Glass Strike, otherwise on the Tekinto)
    (1d20+22)[38] Spell Resistance(+2 from Vest)(40)
    (1d20+29)[36] Touch Attack(Missed the +1 from haste)(37)
    If hit, be Stunned for 1 round.
    Fort Save DC 29 or be stunned for (1d4+1)[3] * 1.5 rounds(4 rounds)

Move across, over the Nycaloth, within it's threatened area.

She looks down at the Nycaloth, and sniffs disgustedly. "Brutes. All the same. Pathetic." Her own, far smaller sword flashes into her hands. "Precision wins every time."
    Last edited by Archmage1; 2022-06-23 at 01:05 PM.
    Show

Adam of Cyre, Cyre Red
    ALADIN, Out of the Abyss

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ash

Grimacing as she senses the Colubriloth gathering foul energies, Ash draws on her Seer training to hurl a counterspell at the fiend as it casts its spoll.

Surveying the battle in progress, Ash darts a bit closer to render aid where she can.

Spoiler: ”OOC”
    Show
    Ash can automatically sense and identify spellcasting through her Ring of Spell-battle.

When it starts to cast Blasphemy, she uses her Sudden Insight to counterspell with Greater Dispel Magic as an immediate action. Dispel Check: (1d20+20)[28]

IF the dispel works AND Avakuss is not hit by 3 or more attacks, Ash will cast a targeted dispel on the Nycaloth. Dispell check, with the potential for multiple effects in play: (1d20+20)[40] (1d20+20)[30] (1d20+20)[25] (1d20+20)[30]

IF the dispel does not work OR Avakuss is hit by at least three attacks, Ash will use a move action to hover directly above him and defensively cast Heal on Avakuss. Cures up to 190 damage, removes the dazed condition and maybe stops the bleeding injuries? Depending on interpretation, Heal may also remove the strength decrease, if decreasing an ability score is equivalent to ability score damage.

If there’s another attempt to cast Blasphemy before Ash’s next action, she’ll attempt to use Sudden Insight again to use Greater Dispel Magic as an immediate action: (1d20+20)[33]

Last edited by Toliudar; 2022-06-24 at 08:46 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ash’s attempt to counter spell the Blasphemy as it is cast fails.

Ash flies over Avakuss and casts Heal on him. This removes the wounds he has sustained and frees his mind from the dazing effect, but does not remove the weakness or the negative levels.

Avakuss is now free to act …