New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post d20 Mechamorphosis and Pyramid Magazine

I was searching around for resources for the D20 supplement Mechamorphosis by fantasy flight games, and came across the wikipedia article:

as seen above, according to the entry there are some issues of the Pyramid Magazine which contained articles about the Mechamorphosis setting, though no other information (such as which issues these articles appear in or what they are about) is provided.

I was wondering if any of you might know which issues of Pyramid Magazine had these articles in them, so that I may buy them off drivethrurpg without having to sift through the entire mass.
    Mechamorphosis d20 came out in 2004, so it seems likely that they would be found in issues published between 2004 and 2006, if that helps the search any.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: d20 Mechamorphosis and Pyramid Magazine

... apparently all the volume 2 issues have been removed entirely from the internet. it is quite possible that what i'm looking for has been lost forever. i am contacting Steve Jackson Games to see if I can still get it somehow.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know if these are the particular issues you are looking for, but looks like some issues are available for purchase here: http://www.warehouse23.com/products?...der%5D=recents

[edit]

Above is Volume 3 issues.

Also

http://www.warehouse23.com/products?...lassic&x=0&y=0

http://www.warehouse23.com/products/...ic-number-1-30

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

When you guys were doing this for volume 2 and such .. are these stats and stuff from back then?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Small Herbivore
    ST: 9-11 Move: 14/7 Size: 2
    DX: 13 PD/DR: 0/0 Weight: 250-300 lbs
    IQ: 4 Damage: 1d-3 cr Habitat: plains, jungles
    HT: 13/9 Reach: C
    These grazers are about the size of ponies. They have very short necks, dog-like heads and long legs with hooves. The

grazers stampede when frightened, which is easy to cause. They attack by kicking and are found in groups of 12-20.

Adventure Ideas
    The nature of the party's adventures in the Gaard system will depend largely on why they're there. Suggestions include:
    * The party has been sent in to do a pre-colonization ground study, either for the Survey Service or a mining company.
    The job includes scouting a proposed colony/mining site on Reginald and the land in a 50-mile radius. The site is
    located in the grasslands of the largest continent with jungles a few miles to the south. Odd holes about two yards wide
    (entrances to the native's burrows) are located sparsely on the surface, about two per square mile.
    When the party enters the jungle, they discover one of the Xinos' ziggurats and (as they exit it) are then discovered by
    the natives. Assuming the party tries to talk rather than shoot, some communication may be possible (make the players
    roleplay this!). Suddenly, a Large Carnivore appears, which scatters the natives. If the adventurers can defeat or drive
    off the beast, it will evoke a good reaction from the natives.
    * The Xinos ruins were discovered by the second survey team. The adventurers are Patrolmen or mercenaries sent to
    protect the ruins or scientists going through them until the Alliance can decide what to do. A foreign power (or even an
    Alliance member!) sends in a small team to steal some artifacts for research. While dealing with the terrible weather
    and odd animal life, and trying to stop the raiders, the native race makes themselves known.
    As a twist, the party could be the ones hired to steal the Xinos relics. How well they are equipped depends on who's
    sending them, but in general their armor and weapons should be slightly inferior to the Patrol's.
    Last edited by animewatcha; 2021-05-12 at 12:02 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

SJGames's Volume 2 of Pyramid was an online magazine based on subscription. That content was removed from the website when Volume 2 was shuttered. It is no longer available.

As an aside, SJG also ran a d20 magazine for awhile based on subscription. That content has since been removed from the website when d20 Online was shuttered as well.

Too bad, there was some good material in there.
    I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
    -The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
    https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.c...tionchallenge/

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thorr-kan View Post
    SJGames's Volume 2 of Pyramid was an online magazine based on subscription. That content was removed from the website when Volume 2 was shuttered. It is no longer available.

As an aside, SJG also ran a d20 magazine for awhile based on subscription. That content has since been removed from the website when d20 Online was shuttered as well.

Too bad, there was some good material in there.
    That's unfortunate.

I get that they want to protect their materials, but surely as the owner of the intellectual property, they could chose to have it available for purchase?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    That's unfortunate.

I get that they want to protect their materials, but surely as the owner of the intellectual property, they could chose to have it available for purchase?
    They could; and previous statements (I have no cites, unfortunately) is that somethings might get published someday. But SJG is a small company that has survived decades by being good businessmen. And right now, that business is Munchkin, supporting their current lines, and new game design. Other projects are as Time, Talent, and Budget allow.

Plus, and this pure conjuration on my part, based on memories lost to the mists of time, some of that material may have reverted back to the authors. I remember SJG's purchasing boilerplate being quite liberal: "we get first run dibs + some period of time + plus an option on a reprint, but it's definitely your stuff if we don't follow up."

Something like that.

I know they occasionally lose contact with an author and go to great lengths to try and get ahold of them to pass out royalty checks. Small royalty checks. There's at least one Daily Illuminator with a general call for anybody who might have a clue to contact said missing authors.
    I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
    -The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
    https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.c...tionchallenge/

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

The weekly issues still exist on the internet. It is just that the sources of them won't have corresponding pictures. Linking issues and all that. They been compiled into 'yearly' pdfs with titles of the following year. So Pyramid volume 2 week 26 of 2001 would be in pdf with title 'x 2002'. Opening the pdf resulting in atleast 1000 pages. One that I found was 1521 pages. Where I got it cannot be posted on these boards due to rules.