New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Red Hand of Doom 5e IC

Freya

"I have two flasks of oil for fuel," Freya offers.

She looks up on the roofs. "Should I be up there as well? Fireballs are easier to aim when I can see where to drop it. Though, feel bad to set fires to people's homes... but I guess that can't be helped with the enemy here." Freya is conflicted, but she'll torch the streets if she needs to in order to stop the Red Hand from advancing down this street.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes, you should have a good angle as well. Better to have a few buildings catch fire than to lose the whole city."

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zuri

Zuri looks towards the sound of the approaching horde.

"I suggest we not light any torches and give away our position yet. Instead, let's plant them in the ground and let the fireballs light them on our terms."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Bear totem gave the party, the snakes, and all of the guards and rangers 13 temporary hit points each.

I think the characters would know if this is a viable plan or if the fireball would just destroy the torches.

Spoiler: Flying Snake
    Show
    Flying Snake
    Tiny beast, unaligned
    Armor Class 14
    Hit Points 5 (2d4)
    Speed 30 ft., fly 60 ft., swim 30 ft.
    STR4 (-3) DEX18 (+4) CON11 (+0) INT2 (-4) WIS12 (+1) CHA5 (-3)
    Senses Blindsight 10 Ft., passive Perception 11
    Challenge 1/8 (25 XP)
    Flyby. The snake doesn't provoke opportunity attacks when it flies out of an enemy's reach.
    Actions
    Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d1) piercing damage plus (3d4)poison damage.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

"Very well." Gaks laid the torches, unlit, where Zuri made "sconces" for them.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zuri

Zuri makes sconces for all of the torches.

"These won't last long if they're hit by a fireball. Let's also make a couple piles of wood that might burn longer."

She has the soldiers gather extra wood from shutters or rubble and places them in two piles, one 60' from the barricade and one 60' beyond that, trying to make them look like innocent piles of trash.

Show
    Bear totem gave the party, the snakes, and all of the guards and rangers 13 temporary hit points each.

Show
    Flying Snake
    Tiny beast, unaligned
    Armor Class 14
    Hit Points 5 (2d4)
    Challenge 1/8 (25 XP)
    Flyby. The snake doesn't provoke opportunity attacks when it flies out of an enemy's reach.
    Actions
    Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d1) piercing damage plus (3d4)poison damage.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Then Gaks got on her horse behind the soldier line, waiting.
    We know of two Wyrmlords that remain... any advance will have to contain at least one.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

The soldiers are wary of going past their barricade and leaving themselves open, even moreso to go so far, but for them the decision is made for them. Though they're able to gather a small amount of wood at the 60' mark requested, they hear the marching of boots approaching before they can begin to gather materials for the further option, and so they scurry back behind their guardpost. Clutching weapons tight they peek out over the cover in the darkness as the sounds get closer and closer. Combined with the boots is the heavy beat of wings and the scattering of roof tiles, the ceramic crashing together as something makes its way across the rooftops.

After a breathless few moments you see them - a squad of hobgoblins, eight in all, weapons at the ready, and atop the buildings two manticores like the one you fought weeks ago in Vraath Keep. Their heavy weight buckles the roofs they stand on, as the brandish their spined tails and roar. The first wave has arrived.

Spoiler: Map
    Show

Initiative wise we've got Beorn->Enemies->Everyone else.

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

Master Homebrew Index (5e)

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

"Archers and snakes, bring down those manticores. Ground troops, keep in cover until the melee closes." Beorn instructs as he let flies with his bow before switching back to whip and shield.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Beorn shouldn't be on the mount; best to keep it back a bit in reserve; thought I mentioned him being on the barricade, but I should have been more specific.

longbow (1d20+3)[4] against a manticore if he has a shot that doesn't take disadvantage. If both manticores would be at disadvantage, then the closest infantry that wouldn't have disadvantage. If everything has disadvantage...manticore I guess?
    if disadvantage (1d20+3)[13]
    for (1d8)[7] piercing

(1d20+3)[12], disadvantage (1d20+3)[15], for (1d8)[6]

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Beorn's arrows fly wide of the manticore, but if he hoped his shots would get its attention it's not the case - his called orders are heard loud and clear and both the flying beasts fly forward, unleashing their piercing spines at the rangers and dealing significant blows. One only seems to remain standing on account of Zuri's spiritual blessing.

The hobgoblin footsoldiers move forward, some dashing into cover while the others launch a few potshots at the largest target - Gak's horse - and spreading out. The javelin thrown by what looks to be their commander doesn't connect, instead landing in the path just past one of the militiamen in cover, making him yell with surprise and worry, though he remains in place.

Show

One of the north archers takes 9 damage.
    A south archer takes 16 damage.
    Gaks' horse gets shot twice, piercing through the temp HP and killing it. Will stick around for 1 minute but it's no longer working.

Everyone's up! NPCs will go after the party.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

10. - Top - End - #280

(as part of the preparations before combat, Freya will drink her Potion of Climbing so that she can get up and down the buildings quickly)

Freya

The manticores elicit a soft-spoken "eep!" from Freya, remembering vividly what those creatures can do. The enemy is spreading out, so Freya has to cast quickly. She starts casting, along with a muttered 'Sorry if this is your house' at the end. With a high lob, she throws the fireball spell deep into the enemy line, aiming for behind the southern manticore to catch the enemy that ducked behind the building for cover from the archers.

"You got this, Beorn!" Freya encourages, giving him inspiration for the battle.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Freya is throwing her Fireball at the group 4+1 manticore at the south area of the map. The spell has a 20-ft. radius, so I'm thinking it gets aimed in the air above the head of the middle hobgoblin (about 10-15 feet should suffice?), so that it catches the four on the ground plus the manticore on the roof.

Fireball damage: [roll]8d6[roll] fire

Dex save (DC 16) for half:
    manticore (1d20)[13]
    hob1 (1d20)[2]
    hob2 (1d20)[14]
    hob3 (1d20)[17]
    the dark dude behind the hob (1d20)[4]

As a bonus action, Freya give Beorn bardic inspiration (+1d8 to a single ability check, attack roll, or saving throw).

Finally, as Freya's move, she will lie down prone on the roof to avoid incoming ranged attacks because she's probably painted herself a prime target with that fireball.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zuri

After helping with the set-up, Zuri waits in her assigned spot. While it is only a few seconds, it seems like an eternity to her. When she sees the manticores, she looks over at the snakes to the north, giving them the signal to attack.

"Kill the manticores!"

When she sees the hobgoblins hide to the south, she holds back the southern snakes until after Freya casts her spell.

"Now! Go, go! Kill them all!"

The thought of her fey friends reigning terror on the enemy makes her happy.

Show
    4 northern snakes fly and attack the northern manticore.

Snake #1 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[20], A: (1d20+6)[25], D: (3d4+1)[9]
    Snake #2 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[24], A: (1d20+6)[25], D: (3d4+1)[10]
    Snake #3 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[11], A: (1d20+6)[21], D: (3d4+1)[5]
    Snake #4 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[8], A: (1d20+6)[25], D: (3d4+1)[9]

The southern snakes move forward after the fireball, one attacks and the others and must dash to the manticore after the fireball.

Snake #5 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[16], A: (1d20+6)[25], D: (3d4+1)[11]
    Snake #6 14AC 9HP 13THP
    Snake #7 14AC 9HP 13THP
    Snake #8 14AC 9HP 13THP

Zuri then ducks back inside away from the window.

Show
    Flying Snake
    Tiny beast, unaligned
    Armor Class 14
    Hit Points 5 (2d4)
    Challenge 1/8 (25 XP)
    Actions

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Gaks dismounted and decided to refrain from picking a new horse. She noted that the four hobgoblins on the ground were relatively close together...

Lifting a crystal vile of phosphorescent material, she conjured up glowing lights in the faces of all of the hobgoblins on the ground, threatening to induce seizures.

Spoiler: HYPNOTIC PATTERN
    Show

(4d20)[12][5][14][6](37) the DC is 17, and I will order these from north to south, so the captain is the fourth roll. Gaks will also move after the casting to not be too close to a cluster of soldiers in case of a surprise fireball.

"Do not attack the ones on the ground unless they move!" Gaks ordered.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-09-05 at 07:02 AM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Trellara aimed her longbow at the northern manticore, who she felt was most in danger of dying.

Spoiler: ATTACK!
    Show
    (1d20+7)[17]; (1d8+4)[9] and (3d6)[10] damage.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

The flurry of spell effects from Freya and Gaks temporarily make the street shine with flames and glittering lights, though the latter disappear quickly. Three of the hobgoblins instantly fall to the power of Freya's explosion, with both the winged beast and their commander still standing. The crackling and creaking of wood breaking as the force of the impact shatters through the building, setting both the interior and the exterior aflame, though it doesn't bother the manticore who's floating above it. The retaliation from the manticore is at the snakes that now surround it, though tiny as they are it's only able to hit once. The remaining hob runs forward, tossing a pair of javelins into the shieldwall and striking one of the defenders twice, though the only damage is to Zuri's magic.

When the hypnotic pattern wraps around the group of northern hobs, only one is able to pierce through the effects. Instead of aiding his comrades he instead rushes into cover, firing a potshot with his bow but going wide.

With concerted shots a number of arrows hit the manticores - including both of Beorn's - but all the crossbow shots go wide, striking air.

Show

Beorn hit with both his attacks this time, for 17 total.

Manticore made its save vs. fireball. 3 hobs died. One survived, who moved forward and hit twice with his javelin shaving the temp HP off one of the guards in cover. Buildings are now on fire.

If any attacks against the manticores rolled 14+ then they hit.

One of the hobs shrugged off the hypnotic pattern, then missed with his bow. The other three failed their saves.

One snake took 6 damage, the other took 7, from the manticores.

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing one of the hobgoblins ruining her near-100% success rate at shutting down those four opponents, she pointed at him and released fire in his direction.

Spoiler: FIRE BOLT
    Show
    (1d20+9)[22] to hit; (2d10)[12] fire damage on hit.

Trellara kept shooting the same Manticore.
    Spoiler: ATTACK
    Show
    (1d20+7)[27]; (1d8+4)[5] and (3d6)[13] because of adjacent snek. +12 crit damage.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-09-07 at 07:55 AM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zuri

The flying snakes continue to assault the manticores, trying to find weaknesses in their hide. They stay above the targets, to stay out of the fire and to try to keep them from flying away.

Zuri feels trapped in the building in the back. She jumps down, exits, and moves towards the barricade.

"I can't just stay back here."

Show
    Zuri dashes to get to the barricade.

H: To hit, A: advantage, D: damage

Northern Manticore
    Snake #1 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[9], D: (3d4+1)[7]
    Snake #2 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[16], D: (3d4+1)[6]
    Snake #3 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[8], D: (3d4+1)[7]
    Snake #4 14AC 9HP 7THP H: (1d20+6)[16], D: (3d4+1)[9]

Southern Manticore
    Snake #5 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[7], D: (3d4+1)[7]
    Snake #6 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[14], D: (3d4+1)[4]
    Snake #7 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[22], D: (3d4+1)[6]
    Snake #8 14AC 9HP 6THP H: (1d20+6)[26], D: (3d4+1)[8] +7 Crit = 15

If either manticore falls, the snakes move to the nearest active target and use their remaining attacks on them. If they have already attacked, they just move to surround the target.

Show
    Flying Snake
    Tiny beast, unaligned
    Armor Class 14
    Hit Points 5 (2d4)
    Challenge 1/8 (25 XP)
    Actions
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2021-09-07 at 08:06 AM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Beorn moves past the barricade to assault the un-ensourceled hobgoblin.
    Spoiler
    Show
    move towards the hob on the ground that isn't hypnotiized and using the whip (1d20+9)[26] for (1d4+6)[10] + (2d6)[12]
    (1d20+9)[23] for (1d4+6)[7] + (2d6)[7]

18. - Top - End - #288

Freya

Manticore Manticore
    Burning Bright
    Poisoned by snakes
    And slain tonight.

Freya get's up and casts a pair of beams from Eldritch blast at the north Manticore in order to help the snakes slay it quickly. She then gets down low again to better protect herself from enemy ranged attacks.

Show
    Freya stands up (15 move)

Casting eldritch Blast at north Manticore:

Beam A (1d20+8)[15] (damage (1d10)[7] force).
    Beam B (1d20+8)[26] (damage (1d10)[9] force).

Freya lies down prone again.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Gak's bolt catches the hobgoblin in cover, spearing through his shoulder and ending his life with a scream of agony. Though he fought off her hypnotising spell, he wasn't able to hold off against a simple cantrip. Such are the whimsical flows of magic. Zuri's snakes continue bite at the manticore, but it's Trellara's bowshot that finishes it off, piercing directly through its eye and lodging into the brain. Its wingbeats fall silent as it collapses atop the building.

Likewise, Freya's eldritch blasts, combined with the snakes to the south, finish off the southern manticore, though its body collapses onto the flames, adding the scent of burning fur and flesh to that of wood, stone and melting metal. With two powerful twangs of his longbow, Beorn finishes off the last hobgoblin the was approaching the barricade, giving you a moment of peace as the only other enemies are still locked inside Gaks' spell, unable to escape. The fire continues to spread across the buildings, inching further and further with each passing moment.

Show

Heeding your orders, the NPCs did not attack the hypnotised individuals this turn.

Both manticores dead alongside both non-hypnotic'd hobs.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

"Take them down, one at a time. Target the captain first." Beorn climbs past the barrier to aid in containing any enemies that break free.
    Spoiler
    Show
    move and dash

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zuri

Zuri calls out to the snakes as she climbs over the barricade,

"Wait! Attack one target at a time, on Beorn's command."

Show
    Zuri climbs over the barricade.

Let me know if we need to roll each of these.

Show
    Flying Snake
    Tiny beast, unaligned
    Armor Class 14
    Hit Points 5 (2d4)
    Challenge 1/8 (25 XP)
    Actions

22. - Top - End - #292

Freya

Freya heard the command to attack the captain first, so she does with her Eldritch blast!

Show
    Same tactic as last round. Freya stands up (15 move)

Casting eldritch Blast at the hobgob captain Beorn pointed out:

Beam A (1d20+8)[17] (damage (1d10)[10] force).
    Beam B (1d20+8)[25] (damage (1d10)[5] force).

Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Gaks followed suit, attacking after the others with a gout of flame.

Spoiler: FIRE BOLT
    Show
    (1d20+9)[22]; (2d10)[9]

Trellara also shot with the focus fire.
    Spoiler: Shoot!
    Show
    No sneak attack very sad (1d20+7)[8]; (1d8+4)[6]
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

With a coordinated strike against the captain, Freya, Gaks, the assembled soldiers and rangers and Zuri's snakes, bring down the foe, leaving but two remaining. While not all the crossbow bolts or arrows strike through to flesh, the damage is enough that he has no chance to recover before he falls dead. At the same time, the fire continues to spread from the initial explosion, embers spreading from building to building.

Show

Not a lot to elaborate on in this post. Chances are you'll wipe them out on the next turn but round-tracking is important at the moment :)
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Remembering that one fire bolt did fine on the previous soldier, Gaks aimed at the one without much cover from her and fired.

Trellara did the same, taking advantage of the hobgoblin's reaction to the snakes running over his feet mid-seizure to aim at his throat.

Show
    Gaks and Trellara will go for the one on the south, leaving the melee range people to hit the north one.
    Firebolt
    (1d20+9)[25]; (2d10)[13]

(1d20+7)[15]; (1d8+4)[5]+(3d6)[12]
    With any luck either one should do.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Beorn designates the next target with his whip...
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+9)[19] for (1d4+6)[7] (2d6)[8]
    (1d20+9)[19] for (1d4+6)[9] (2d6)[9]

and for a second round, if needed since I generally don't post on weekends
    (1d20+9)[12] for (1d4+6)[10] (2d6)[10]
    (1d20+9)[27] for (1d4+6)[9] (2d6)[7]

27. - Top - End - #297

Freya

Freya repeats her last action, to take out the next hob remaining, coordinating by attacking the same one her allies do until it's down and they move to the next target. She wibbles at the spreading fire she caused.

Show
    Same tactic as last round. Freya stands up (15 move)

Casting eldritch Blast at the nearest hobgob still alive:

Beam A (1d20+8)[23] (damage [roll]1d20[roll] force).
    Beam B (1d20+8)[21] (damage [roll]1d20[roll] force).

Digo Dragon - Artist

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zuri

The snakes follow Beorn's lead and attack the targets in order when he does. Once this is finished they fly to find Zuri.

Meanwhile, Zuri tries to organize the guards to help with fire containment.

"Everyone. Get all the water you can. Let's make sure the fire doesn't finish what the Red Hand started."

While they are getting water, She uses mold earth to make as many barricades and firewalls as she can.

Show
    Since we're rolling these and I'm leaving for 10 days, I rolled 8 rounds of snakes in case you need them.

Spoiler: First Round
    Show

Snake #1 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[24], D: (3d4+1)[10]
    Snake #2 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[14], D: (3d4+1)[8]
    Snake #3 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[15], D: (3d4+1)[13]
    Snake #4 14AC 9HP 7THP H: (1d20+6)[10], D: (3d4+1)[6]

Snake #5 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[26], D: (3d4+1)[6]
    Snake #6 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[10], D: (3d4+1)[8]
    Snake #7 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[21], D: (3d4+1)[7]
    Snake #8 14AC 9HP 6THP H: (1d20+6)[21], D: (3d4+1)[8]

Spoiler: Round 2
    Show

Snake #1 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[25], D: (3d4+1)[9]
    Snake #2 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[24], D: (3d4+1)[8]
    Snake #3 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[10], D: (3d4+1)[7]
    Snake #4 14AC 9HP 7THP H: (1d20+6)[22], D: (3d4+1)[10]

Snake #5 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[18], D: (3d4+1)[9]
    Snake #6 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[23], D: (3d4+1)[11]
    Snake #7 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[22], D: (3d4+1)[9]
    Snake #8 14AC 9HP 6THP H: (1d20+6)[23], D: (3d4+1)[6]

Spoiler: Round 3
    Show

Snake #1 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[7], D: (3d4+1)[8]
    Snake #2 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[23], D: (3d4+1)[10]
    Snake #3 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[15], D: (3d4+1)[6]
    Snake #4 14AC 9HP 7THP H: (1d20+6)[17], D: (3d4+1)[7]

Snake #5 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[10], D: (3d4+1)[10]
    Snake #6 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[19], D: (3d4+1)[9]
    Snake #7 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[7], D: (3d4+1)[10]
    Snake #8 14AC 9HP 6THP H: (1d20+6)[8], D: (3d4+1)[6]

Spoiler: Round 4
    Show

Snake #1 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[16], D: (3d4+1)[10]
    Snake #2 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[14], D: (3d4+1)[7]
    Snake #3 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[17], D: (3d4+1)[6]
    Snake #4 14AC 9HP 7THP H: (1d20+6)[21], D: (3d4+1)[10]

Snake #5 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[7], D: (3d4+1)[12]
    Snake #6 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[18], D: (3d4+1)[7]
    Snake #7 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[15], D: (3d4+1)[6]
    Snake #8 14AC 9HP 6THP H: (1d20+6)[7], D: (3d4+1)[7]

Spoiler: Round 5
    Show

Snake #1 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[20], D: (3d4+1)[8]
    Snake #2 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[22], D: (3d4+1)[11]
    Snake #3 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[17], D: (3d4+1)[8]
    Snake #4 14AC 9HP 7THP H: (1d20+6)[23], D: (3d4+1)[9]

Snake #5 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[16], D: (3d4+1)[9]
    Snake #6 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[12], D: (3d4+1)[10]
    Snake #7 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[19], D: (3d4+1)[6]
    Snake #8 14AC 9HP 6THP H: (1d20+6)[9], D: (3d4+1)[10]

Spoiler: Round 6
    Show

Snake #1 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[13], D: (3d4+1)[10]
    Snake #2 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[23], D: (3d4+1)[8]
    Snake #3 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[19], D: (3d4+1)[10]
    Snake #4 14AC 9HP 7THP H: (1d20+6)[14], D: (3d4+1)[10]

Snake #5 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[18], D: (3d4+1)[13]
    Snake #6 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[16], D: (3d4+1)[7]
    Snake #7 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[17], D: (3d4+1)[10]
    Snake #8 14AC 9HP 6THP H: (1d20+6)[16], D: (3d4+1)[11]

Spoiler: Round 7
    Show

Snake #1 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[20], D: (3d4+1)[10]
    Snake #2 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[26], D: (3d4+1)[10]
    Snake #3 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[11], D: (3d4+1)[7]
    Snake #4 14AC 9HP 7THP H: (1d20+6)[9], D: (3d4+1)[8]

Snake #5 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[11], D: (3d4+1)[8]
    Snake #6 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[21], D: (3d4+1)[7]
    Snake #7 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[24], D: (3d4+1)[9]
    Snake #8 14AC 9HP 6THP H: (1d20+6)[13], D: (3d4+1)[5]

Spoiler: Round 8
    Show

Snake #1 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[17], D: (3d4+1)[8]
    Snake #2 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[17], D: (3d4+1)[8]
    Snake #3 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[23], D: (3d4+1)[8]
    Snake #4 14AC 9HP 7THP H: (1d20+6)[17], D: (3d4+1)[10]

Snake #5 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[26], D: (3d4+1)[7]
    Snake #6 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[14], D: (3d4+1)[8]
    Snake #7 14AC 9HP 13THP H: (1d20+6)[19], D: (3d4+1)[12]
    Snake #8 14AC 9HP 6THP H: (1d20+6)[7], D: (3d4+1)[9]

Show
    Flying Snake
    Tiny beast, unaligned
    Armor Class 14
    Hit Points 5 (2d4)
    Challenge 1/8 (25 XP)
    Actions
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2021-09-12 at 10:19 AM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

As the last two hobgoblins, unable to defend themselves from the onslaught, are picked off, you get a moment to breathe, but it is just a moment. No sooner does Zuri yell instructions to the guards and you get back behind the barricade then you hear the marching of more footsteps, and six more Red Hand appear from the darkness and smoke. There's no time to put the fire out manually, it seems, as the army's procession continues unabated. These white-skinned, black fur bugbears are larger than a normal bugbear is, both in height and thickness, with bloodthirst in their eyes. They wear no armour and carry no shields, instead solely equipped with a number of axes that serve just as well for throwing as for chopping. With a roar or enthusiasm they begin their charge, weapons gleaming in the firelight in search of flesh to strike. There's no indication that the death of their comrades in arms affects them at all. They simply move to step over the bodies and continue the attack.

Show

Two rounds passed between the death of the enemies and the arrivals of the new ones, for any short duration effects ongoing (though I don't think there are any).

Initiative wise Beorn is once again leading the pack with a natural 20, despite his lack of modifiers. He and Gaks get a turn, then the enemies, then everyone.

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Gaks got on a new Phantom Steed and stretched her crippled hand toward the bugbear offensive.
    "Mogelakaan," she said.

And the clouds from the skies above started to twist, tunneling down as the water vapor in the air was whipped into a frenzy, swirling around the bugbears. Gaks’s glass eye sparked audibly with static electricity, as around her hand too there was a coalescing of clouds. She saw in her storm as ice particles slammed into each other, tiny jolts of electricity jumping from one ice particle to the next. She directed it toward the nearest bugbear, an internal bolt striking at it from one ice particle to the next.

Spoiler: Storm Sphere
    Show

I asked about the horse swap because I forgot the range was 150 feet.

So every bugbear must immediately roll a Strength save vs (2d6)[10] bludgeoning damage, taking nothing on a successful save. If they can’t get out of the storm at the end of their turn they have to repeat the save.

Saves: (6d20)[11][11][11][20][13][17](83) DC 17

THEN Gaks will fire the first lightning bolt at the northeast-most bugbear. (1d20+9)[11]/(1d20+9)[29] advantage because he is in the storm and (4d6)[12] lightning damage on hit. Crit for a total of 30 lightning damage.

The space of the spell is difficult terrain, and that space is a twenty foot radius sphere, so I will put it so that they are on one edge of it and the rest is filling the way to us with buffeting winds. So they’ll need roughly 80+ feet of movement to get out of the sphere if they want to move toward us, or I suppose they could back away.

Oh, and Hypnotic Pattern goes away.

EDIT: Oh, and I'll also move back about 20 feet.

She then pulled her horse back away from the storm, keeping her distance.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-09-12 at 06:23 PM.
    Show