New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Red Hand of Doom 5e IC

Though the giants are clearly taking a beating from the spells and talons of the owls, they continue to stand firm, retaliating against the owls and utterly smashing down two more of them before moving on to the rest of the group.

Spoiler: Map
    Show

Not a whole lot of description for this when you're just trading hits. Got two crits that didn't do anything because their target was already dead from the first damage. Hrmm.

Two more owls down. One taken to 22/25.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

Master Homebrew Index (5e)

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Gaks repeated her attacks to put the most injured giant in the dirt as quickly as she could, then considered her damaged state and took cover behind the body of the giant right next to her.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Just casting and moving to get some cover. (1d20)[6] vs (2d12)[11]
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Beorn moves under the flying owls to trouble the giant's shins.
    Spoiler
    Show
    attackx2
    (1d20+9)[14] for (1d4+4)[5] and (2d6)[8] electricity
    (1d20+9)[16] for (1d4+4)[7] and (2d6)[7] electricity

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zuri

The owls continue to attack the giants, fluttering around them and trying to draw their attacks. All attack the western giant but try to get in the way of both of them. Zuri moves forward again and casts magic missile at the westernmost giant that is still standing.

Show
    Move the northern owl a little to the right and the southern owl around counterclockwise so that they are both between the two giants, in case they get AOO.

On Center Giant:
    Owl1 AC12 HP 25 +13 THP Attack (1d20+3)[9] for (2d6+1)[9]
    Owl2 AC12 HP 25 +13 THP Attack (1d20+3)[23] for (2d6+1)[7] +4 = 11 total
    Owl3 AC12 HP 22 + 0 THP Attack (1d20+3)[23] for (2d6+1)[8] +7 = 15 total
    Owl4 AC12 HP 25 +13 THP Attack (1d20+3)[10] for (2d6+1)[10] (this is Freya's)

Zuri moves forward to 30' away. Magic Missile: (3d4+3)[11]

Spoiler: Giant Owls
    Show
    Giant Owl
    Large beast, neutral
    Armor Class 12
    Hit Points 19 (3d10+3) +6 (Mighty Summoner) = 25 + 13THP
    Speed 5 ft., fly 60 ft.
    STR13 (+1) DEX15 (+2) CON12 (+1) INT8 (-1) WIS13 (+1) CHA10 (+0)
    Skills Perception +5, Stealth +4
    Senses Darkvision 120 Ft., passive Perception 15
    Languages Giant Owl, Understands Common, Elvish, And Sylvan But Can't Speak
    Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)
    Flyby. The owl doesn't provoke opportunity attacks when it flies out of an enemy's reach.
    Keen Hearing and Sight. The owl has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or sight.
    Actions
    Talons. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (2d6 + 1) slashing damage.
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2021-08-20 at 07:06 AM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Spamalot in the Playground

Freya

Freya and her noble Owllander fly south, circling around the giants. The bard aims a spell behind the giants from her position and casts Faerie fire to try and give her companions an advantage. "Fae of the old court, give my companion's an aim most true."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Owl flies 20 feet south.

Freya casts Faerie Fire. It's a 20-ft cube. To describe the origin point, if you start at the intersection under the SW giant's "head" and move ten feet east to that intersection point, it'll catch both giants but no one else.

Giants need to make Dex saves (DC 16)
    NE. (1d20)[10]
    SW. (1d20)[18]

Owl continues flying south another 20 feet.

Spoiler: Faerie Fire spell
    Show
    Faerie Fire
    1st level evocation
    Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: 60 feet
    Components: V
    Duration: Up to 1 minute
    Each object in a 20-foot cube within range is outlined in blue, green, or violet light (your choice). Any creature in the area when the spell is cast is also outlined in light if it fails a Dexterity saving throw. For the duration, objects and affected creatures shed dim light in a 10-foot radius.

Any attack roll against an affected creature or object has advantage if the attacker can see it, and the affected creature or object can’t benefit from being invisible.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Beorn and Gaks successfully bring down yet another giant even as the owls move on to the final opponent. It turns for a moment, looking to approach Zuri but when the owls lash out at it, and when it glows brightly from Freya's spell, it swings around and retaliates against the offending owl, severely injuring its wing with a massive greatclub strike, though isn't able to bring it down for good. With a swift finalisation you mob the final remaining giant and end the threat of the living siege weapons. The wall, from what you can tell from your positions near the ground, is intact, though the sounds of battle continue to rage in the air.

On the edges of the horizon, inside the city above the walls, it seems a bit brighter than when you left it.

Show

The giant had two HP left at the end of his turn. While I think it's possible, in a far flung timeline, that you somehow manage to not hit him, it seems unlikely, so I'll just have him offed.

By my count Beorn took 51 damage post-HAM (and healed 40), Gaks 46. It doesn't look like either of you factored in the temp HP from Zuri, so you should both be +13 HP over where you currently are (but also not have any temp HP), so Beorn's on full HP and actually has 2 points of Lay on Hands left.
    Beorn's spell slots are exhausted, Gaks used a 4th level, Zuri a 3rd+1st level (and 3 magic missile charges), and Freya a 3rd+1st level.

Make sure your sheets are updated accordingly. The night is still young.

Of the owls, one is on 2 HP, and three are uninjured (including the one Freya is on).

DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Gaks called over the steeds so she and Beorn could get to the walls. "Beorn, let the captains know that the giants are dead," she said to the one with the mental link.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

8. - Top - End - #218

Freya

With the giant problem resolved, Freya lands her owl by her companions to discuss the next step. She remains mounted, because her spirits remain high for now.

"Owls well that ends well. Shall we return to the walls to heal and regroup?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zuri

"Let's get back to the walls before any archers find us out here."

Zuri mounts one of the owls and flies back to the walls with Freya.

Show

Owl1 AC12 HP 25 +13 THP (this is Zuri's)
    Owl2 AC12 HP 25 +13 THP
    Owl3 AC12 HP 2 + 0 THP
    Owl4 AC12 HP 25 +13 THP (this is Freya's)

Show
    Giant Owl
    Large beast, neutral
    Armor Class 12
    Speed 5 ft., fly 60 ft.
    Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)
    Flyby. The owl doesn't provoke opportunity attacks when it flies out of an enemy's reach.
    Keen Hearing and Sight. The owl has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or sight.
    Actions
    Talons. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (2d6 + 1) slashing damage.

10. - Top - End - #220

Freya spurs her flying mount to return to the walls with Zuri.

"Flying on the back of an owl was amazing! I could do this all night!"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Gaks has the phantom steeds bring her and Beorn to the same place. "I am doing poorly," she confessed. "But we have accomplished our objective." She looks at the wall to see how bad the damage was.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

As you ascend back to the walls you see that the centre-north section of the city isn't just lit by torches or the bonfires of the defenders, it's aflame, and the flames are spreading. The wall itself is intact, and will likely hold, assuming there isn't another squad of giants waiting in the wings. There's still heavy fighting going on to the west also, but from this distance it looks like the wall there is still intact, for now at least. The defenders on the wall - the few that are left - relax slightly now that the giant threats are dealt with, but they're still clearly alert for any further incursions.

Show

Little bit waiting on Beorn here since he's got the brainbond, but if you're going to do any patching up or recovery for a few minutes now is the time to do so.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zuri

Zuri pulls out the pouch of goodberries she had cast the night before.

"Here Gaks, eat as many of these as you need. Then let's see if we can help with the fire."

She keeps the owls close to her in case we need to fly somewhere.

Show
    Let me know how many you eat. I'm keeping track of all of them my sheet.

Owl2 AC12 HP 25 +13 THP
    Owl3 AC12 HP 2 + 0 THP

Show
    Giant Owl
    Large beast, neutral
    Armor Class 12
    Speed 5 ft., fly 60 ft.
    Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)
    Actions
    Last edited by Bobthewizard; 2021-08-23 at 05:00 AM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Beorn has, of course, been keeping the leadership updated throughout the sally, making terse reports. The defeat of the giant's is known in the city before the final one hits the ground.

Upon returning to the wall, he doesn't look happy. "We repulsed that attack quickly enough, but I fear for the toll such efforts will take on our resources. I would wager that the giants were a probe; they have had dragons in the past, and walls will do little against them."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

"We know of at least one more dragon," Gaks confirmed, eating a good ol' berry or five. "Oh my, these are quite filling."
    Show
    I think she'll manage to stomach about 10.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Inside Beorn's mind, the Captain's voice calls forth. Though the sensation is entirely mental, you can tell by the way he's thinking that he's currently still fighting. "Good work taking down those dragons, we're holding for now but we'll need you at the west wal-" "Belay that Captain, we've got bigger problems for our heroes!" Lord Jarrnath's voice rings out in Beorn's head, overriding that of the Captain. "Their red dragon dropped out from high above and is currently wreaking havoc on the buildings in the middle of the city. There's no point defending the walls if there's not a city to protect by the end of it. Heroes, you're our only chance. The troops stationed inside are fully occupied trying to contain the blaze - and failing."

Show

You can still go to the western walls if you'd like, though I'm guessing you're going to go dragon hunting. It'll take ~20 minutes to cross the city for any spell durations either way, but make your choice, again mention any prep, and get ready for the next stage of the Battle for Brindol.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Beorn calls to the rest of the party, "Red dragon, middle of the city. We are needed quickly."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Beorn could try to get there quickly on the phantom steed (I think those are still up), but without a good ranged attack may be of limited use other than as a save buff.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Lead by Beorn you take off into the streets of Brindol, cutting over as many barricades as possible before the Fly spell expends itself and the phantom steeds are forced back to the ground. It's not hard to find the dragon - it's not trying to conceal itself very much. The darkness that you faced outside of the walls is no longer here, utterly beaten back by the flames of torches lit by defenders and the flaming buildings lit by the dragon. The stench of woodsmoke and molten metal fills your air, but underneath it the notes of burning flesh and cooked meat underpin it.

You press ever closer towards the epicentre of the inferno when you hear the roar of a dragon, and see a familiar face - Trellara, crouching down with bow in hand beside the ruins of a burning building. She's alone, from what you can see. "Thought you'd turn up for this!" She says with a forced smile as she motions you to stay low. Her pretty features are marred with dirt and ash from the flames and the fighting, though she appears to have avoided any injuries thus far. The tiredness is beginning to set in, but even at a glance you can tell she's grown up a bit since last you saw her fight. "Hope you've got a plan."

The dragon itself is unthreatened, taking its time to enjoy blasting buildings with fire before swooping back into the air. Brindol isn't mustering any proper defense against it, and the charred bodies clad in melted armour that strew the streets explain why: It's already dealt with them. The buildings are in a varied state of disrepair or on fire, though some you could still climb atop if needs be. Canals flank you, offering ample water to put the fires out...once there's no longer a dragon making new ones.

Show

Turn order: Trellara/Beorn->Dragon->Everyone else.

Closer view for more details so you can see the canals that block land movement.

Crossing a fire square deals 1d8 fire damage DC11 dex to halve).

Altitude may be somewhat important in this fight, so to make you aware the dragon is currently 90' off the ground.

Trellara has also levelled up, slightly, to 5th, giving her a slightly larger sneak attack dice, boosted prof bonus, and Uncanny Dodge.

Spoiler: Trellara Statblock
    Show

Trellara Nightshadow
    Medium humanoid, Neutral Good
    Armor Class 16 (studded leather)
    Hit Points 38 (5d8+10)
    Speed 35 ft.
    STR10 (+0) DEX18 (+4) CON14 (+2)
    INT10 (+0) WIS14 (+2) CHA12 (+1)
    Saving Throws Dex +7, Int +3
    Skills Acrobatics +7, Athletics +3, Nature +6, Perception +5, Performance +7, Persuasion +4, Survival +8
    Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 15
    Languages Common, Elvish

Skirmisher.
    Trellara can move up to half her speed as a reaction when an enemy ends its turn within 5 feet of her. This movement doesn’t provoke opportunity attacks.

Expertise.
    Trellara has Expertise in the use of both Thieves Tools and Performance.

Fey Ancestry.
    Trellara has advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.

Trance.
    Elves don't need to sleep. Instead, they meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day. (The Common word for such meditation is "trance.")

Elf Weapon Training.
    Trellara has proficiency with the longsword, shortsword, shortbow, and longbow.

Mask of the Wild.
    Trellara can attempt to hide even when she is only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena.

Cunning Action.
    Trellara's quick thinking and agility allows her to move and act quickly. She can take a bonus action on each of her turns in combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.

Uncanny Dodge
    When an attacker that Trellara can see hits her with an attack, she can use her reaction to halve the attack’s damage against her.

Sneak Attack.
    Once per turn, Trellara deals an extra 10 (3d6) damage when she hits a target with a weapon attack and has advantage on the attack roll, or when the target is within 5 feet of an ally of Trellara that isn't incapacitated and Trellara doesn't have disadvantage on the attack roll.

Actions
    Multiattack.
    Trellara can attack either once with her longbow, or once each with her rapier and dagger.

Longbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 150/600 ft., one target. Hit: (1d8 + 4) piercing damage.
    Rapier. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d8 + 4) piercing damage.
    Dagger. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d4 + 4) slashing damage.

Last edited by Amnestic; 2021-08-24 at 07:54 AM.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

"I suppose the first step is getting its attention." Beorn rides to get a clear shot, pulling out his longbow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure how tall the buildings are, but with the phantom steed ought to be able to find a place to get an angle. Longbow is 150' range

attack (1d20+3)[6] for (1d8)[7]
    attack (1d20+3)[14] for (1d8)[6]

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Trellara, who had been seeing the dragon's fire breath, decided to scatter, getting around a corner and putting distance between herself and the party.

Show
    By my calculation, the Phantom Steed can make it 30/35 feet south of the top border of the map by dashing. Accounting for Squeezing so it can avoid fire squares, it should end up right underneath the leftmost path that goes north off the mount. Trellara's going to avoid fire, going north then taking the first right to double dash, ending up basically parallel to the dragon with 105 feet of movement.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

The first arrow from Beorn goes far wide, while the second does impact on its scaly hide, only to plink away, having done no actual damage. It's enough to make the dragon take notice though, as it turns thin yellow eye to peer through the ash and smoke at his attacker. The dragon roars - not with anger, not with fear, but with delight, as it swoops down from on high at the chance to hunt some more fleshlings. It drops down from above, using the buildings as cover as it prepares its advance. Trellara feels the weight of the dragon's landing in her shoes as its enormous form shakes the stone simply by its presence. Whether its spotted all of you, or knows the true strength of what it faces now, isn't clear. It may be caution that stops it from launching a full strike against you, or it may simply be playing with its food, enjoying the hunt, savouring the moment.

Show

Everyone's up.

As indicated in the text above, the dragon is now down on the ground, concealed (but not Hiding) by the buildings, limiting the angles of attack. Total cover from Trellara at this angle, for instance.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zuri

Zuri offers one of the owls to Gaks.

"Here, ride this one, but stay low. If I lose the spell it will disappear. Let's go. We can't let Beorn have all of the fun."

She then flies towards the dragon, angling a little to its north. The unmounted, injured owl flies as fast as it can directly towards the dragon, hoping to absorb one last attack before it has to return to the Feywild.

When Zuri gets close enough, she tries to keep the dragon down, "Grovel!"

Show
    Zuri moves towards the dragon, angling north to end about 40' west of the dragon.

She casts command, DC15 WIS save ((1d20)[7]) or it uses its action to grovel next turn.

Owl2 AC12 HP 25 +13 THP (this is Gaks')
    Owl3 AC12 HP 2 + 0 THP dashes to the dragon

Show
    Giant Owl
    Large beast, neutral
    Armor Class 12
    Speed 5 ft., fly 60 ft.
    Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)
    Actions

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Gaks spurred her owl to fly her over to the dragon, ordering her mount to go to Trellara. She flew until she could spin a web from the small pouch of it in her bag, twisting as it formed to curl around the great red dragon. "Stay where you are!" she ordered it.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show

I will push the Web against the wall so that it occupies the wall in front of the dargon, his four squares, and the four squares to the left of the dargon. At the start of his turn he must pass a DC 17 DEX save or be restrained by the web.
    (1d20)[14]

If he has his action he can Strength check to escape, or I suppose just light the web on fire. Then the owl can lower me to the minimum amount of d6es of falling it can.

Trellara left the mount where it was for now, and ran to get off to the east of the red beast, nocking an arrow and firing it as soon as the dragon’s attention was drawn elsewhere.

Spoiler: Trellara
    Show
    She will Cunning Dash to get as far to the dragon’s direct east as she can. She will then Ready an Action to fire at the dragon as soon as her ally is within five feet.
    (1d20+7)[18]
    (1d8+4)[6]
    (3d6)[18]
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234

Freya

Freya commands her owl to stay low and away from the fires. As they move between buildings Freya readies a spell for when the dragon takes off again.

Show
    Owl with Freya moves 45 feet East, then 15 feet North, just over the rooftop.

Freya Readies an action. Trigger is when she sees the dragon take to the air. Her response is to cast Eldritch Blast.

Spoiler: Eldritch Blast rolls if the trigger happens.
    Show
    Beam A (1d20+8)[19] (damage (1d10)[5]) force.
    Beam B (1d20+8)[20] (damage (1d10)[6]) force.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Beorn rides towards the dragon, leaping from the phantom steed and lashing it with his whip, calling out a challenge. "Stand and face me, worm! Or are you afraid to face a champion instead of townsfolk?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    If I counted right, 100' move on the steed + dismount and move gets within whip range
    attack (1d20+9)[20] for (1d4+4)[6] plus (2d6)[6] lightning
    attack (1d20+9)[18] for (1d4+4)[8] plus (2d6)[9] lightning

Bonus Action channel divinity
    Champion Challenge: As a bonus action, you issue a challenge to each creature of your choice that you can see within 30ft of you, forcing them to make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, it can't willingly move more than 30ft away from you. This effect ends if you are incapacitated or die or if the creature is more than 30ft away from you.
    DC15 (8 + 3 prof + 4 CHA)

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

As you all descend on the dragon the flurry of spell effects collapse upon the beast. When Beorn and Trellara both fire upon the dragon its scales shimmer with magic just for a moment, and they find their attacks deflected, though the magic fizzles out moments later. The beast laughs, a menacing deep bellowing laugh, in response to Beorn's challenge, one that only grows louder when the webs that spring up around its feet find themselves easily swatted aside - or set aflame by a burning barrel nearby. It's only when Zuri's command is issued that it falls flat, and pierces Zuri with a threatening glare, promising sweet retaliation.

Show

Dragon blew a Shield spell protecting itself from Beorn+Trellara. He then resisted Beorn's Channel Divinity.

He failed the saving throw vs. Command and falls prone on his turn. Made his save vs. Web, which is also half on fire due to the fire underneath him. Not that it bothers the dragon at all.

As he never flew up, Freya's held spell doesn't go off.

So, prone dragon, everyone's up.
    DMing:
    Iron Crisis IC | OOC
    Cyre Red IC | OOC

Playing:
    OotA IC | OOC

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Zuri

Zuri first yells to the owls, "Kill the Dragon!" All of the owls, even those ridden by Gaks and Freya fly low towards the dragon.

She calls out to her friends. "Jump off. I'm taking the owls back." They are used to her being bossy.

Zuri jumps off just as her owl gets close enough to the ground. When she gets off, she again tries to keep the dragon down, "Grovel!" she repeats. She then backs up along the road.

Show
    Zuri moves around the north side of the burning building, moving away from the dragon.

She casts command, DC15 WIS save (1d20)[3] or it uses its action to grovel next turn.

Owl1 AC12 HP 25 +13 THP Attack (1d20+3)[11] for (2d6+1)[7]
    Owl2 AC12 HP 25 +13 THP Attack (1d20+3)[6] for (2d6+1)[7] (This is Gaks')
    Owl3 AC12 HP 2 THP Attack (1d20+3)[19] for (2d6+1)[8]
    Owl4 AC12 HP 25 +13 THP (this is Freya's. I think this one has to Dash and can't attack this round.)

Show
    Giant Owl
    Large beast, neutral
    Armor Class 12
    Speed 5 ft., fly 60 ft.
    Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)
    Actions

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Beorn continues to ply his whip, knowing that the window for slaying the dragon was small.
    Spoiler
    Show
    attack (1d20+9)[26] (advantage vs prone (1d20+9)[17]) for (1d4+4)[8] + (2d6)[5]
    attack (1d20+9)[19] (advantage vs prone (1d20+9)[10]) for (1d4+4)[5] + (2d6)[8]

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Trellara, seeing the dragon falling prone, ran off to get her mount. She returned on illusory horseback and nocked an arrow, waiting.
    Spoiler: Attacks!
    Show
    She's going to Ready an Action to attack right after the dragon takes its turn. (1d20+7)[13]; (1d8+4)[12]+(3d6)[8] Disadvantage from Prone, hopefully the Dragon will get restrained and cancel that out. If not (1d20+7)[20] and no sneak attack.

Gaks got off of her owl over the blue roof that was on its way anyway. Web should give it more chances to fail. Let us see if we cannot pile on the damage. She opened up her scar by opening her hand fully, blood bursting forward and aiming at the dragon.

Spoiler: TOLL THIS THING'S DEAD
    Show
    (1d20)[20] Wisdom vs (2d12)[13] of necrotic.

And I'd like Gaks to be on that blue roof within 30 feet. At the start of the dragon's turn he's gotta repeat the Web save. (1d20)[12] DEX.

EDIT: DC 17.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-08-25 at 08:55 AM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthewizard View Post
    She calls out to her friends. "Jump off. I'm taking the owls back."
    Freya

Annnd Freya's fun as an owl lord is over. She rides the owl around the streets to get southeast of the dragon and hops off near the beast. She wants to call lightning, but too many allies are in melee with it right now, so instead she attempts to cast faerie fire and give those allies a painted target to aim for.

Show
    The owl will dash Northeast (over the fire so we don't cook), and allow Freya to dismount on the square south of where Trellara's marker is on the map. The owl can use any remaining move at Zuri's command.

Freya spends 15-ft of move to dismount.

Freya then moves one squares Northwest so she can get a line of sight on the dragon.

Freya casts Faerie Fire on the dragon. Dragon must succeed a Dexterity save (DC 16). Save roll: (1d20)[19]

Freya then spends her last 10-ft of move to go 2 squares South. The building will hopefully give her cover for when the dragon unleashes its rage on us.
    Digo Dragon - Artist