A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Questionable Content XVII: "My Brain Is Trash And I Live On The Internet"

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I can see why shouldn't want to risk it, to be honest. "My daughter just started a new, low-paid job but she'd rather be doing something specific to her Masters" is enough information for Claire to be identified, and then the person she's talking to just has to ask one inconvenient question about the evening:

"Claire was at my house and had already gotten annoyed, then I made an even worse blunder about her new job..."
    "Why was Claire annoyed in the first place?"
    "Uhh...."

Then what does she do? Lie about why Claire was upset and risk making it worse, or expose herself as a streamer? Bare in mind that she's also very high, and probably not making the best decisions even with that taken into account....
    I agree, it's a paper-thin excuse for Aurelia to KEEP having a secret identity after Yay already went over and installed military grade firewalls and sound-dampening thingummijigs and the rest of it, but if that's what Jeph wants, then whatever.

Does Aurelia even know that Marten is related to Veronica? I don't think that the two had been introduced. Although I'd quite like to see that happen; Mistress Veronica Vance and MommyMilkers420 apparently have more in common than you'd expect from first glance
    Just say that it was something personal. People are fully within their rights to tell others when something is none of their business.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

2. - Top - End - #902
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Questionable Content XVII: "My Brain Is Trash And I Live On The Internet"

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Yay showing up kind of makes sense; They're the only person who knows Aurelia's true identity outside of streaming and ISN'T one of her kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    I mean, I get why it is Yay. Out of the existing comic characters, Yay is the only one who knows Aurelia but isn't in Claire and Marten's social circle. Even so, you'd think we could have had a phone call between Aurelia and Veronica or something like that.
    I mean, it's pretty much this. Yay and Aurelia met once, and now they are going to be hanging out regularly (and helping them through life hurdles big and small). At least until they become central enough that we get to meet a cavalcade of their social circles. Kinda the non-romantic equivalent of Pairing the Spares (and caused by the same reason: conservation of detail ). Is it a bit hokey? Absolutely. OTOH, it spares us from having to be introduced to Aurelia's dear friend Kim, with whom she shares everything and goes to for advice, but we've never seen before and likely won't again unless Aurelia becomes a major focus character.

I don't know that Veronica would be less 'okay, but why her?'-ish than Yay. I think if she'd been the one to show up, we'd have the same issues.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Bugbear in the Playground

They had one good scene. The writer wants to revisit that chemistry.

Jeph doesn't have a Plan. He just coasts, and that's how you should enjoy the comic guys :-P

Not all comics can be Order of the Sticks

4. - Top - End - #904
    Barbarian in the Playground

New comic. If we ever wondered whether Claire and Clinton had another parent, there's an oblique mention in today's strip that might be them. Wonder if we'll get more details later on.

Family members who have become recurring characters in this comic, off the top of my head: Marten's mother, Dora's brother, Jim's daughter, both Hannelore's parents, Claire and Clinton's mother ... Who have I missed? I think we meet Faye's sister once?

Do AI have parents?
    I'm pretty much the opposite of concise. If I fail to get to the point, please ask me and I'm happy to (attempt to) clarify.

5. - Top - End - #905
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by theangelJean View Post
    New comic. If we ever wondered whether Claire and Clinton had another parent, there's an oblique mention in today's strip that might be them. Wonder if we'll get more details later on.

Family members who have become recurring characters in this comic, off the top of my head: Marten's mother, Dora's brother, Jim's daughter, both Hannelore's parents, Claire and Clinton's mother ... Who have I missed? I think we meet Faye's sister once?

Do AI have parents?
    We met fayes sister a couple times. Once when she ran away from home, then again visiting with her girlfriend. The first time was a LONG time ago, I think faye was still under the mysterious past part of her character development where we knew she had problems but hadnt shared why.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #906
    Firbolg in the Playground

We've heard about their dad in passing before. Clinton said he sucks, Claire mentioned that he walked out on them and then compared him to a pile of medical waste.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

7. - Top - End - #907
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

We've met Marten's Dad and Step-Dad a few times. They're both cool, I'd like to see more of them. Similarly, Faye's mom has occurred several times - once when Faye went home to visit, later when Faye's sister ran away, and then later when she was introduced to Bubbles.

Do AI have parents?
    According to Clinton, AI are formed spontaneously and then grow up in a 'creche' with other baby AIs. Lemon and Melon consider themselves sisters because they "grew up" in the same clutch/spawning of emergent personalities together. That may or may not be true of the bigger AIs, like Yay, but only because we don't know where they came from to be able to say that their origin was especially different.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

8. - Top - End - #908
    Colossus in the Playground

Somehow, Yay is not as cool as Ebenezer McCoy when threatening to drop satellites on people.
    "In dark times, should the stars also go out?"

9. - Top - End - #909
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Somehow, Yay is not as cool as Ebenezer McCoy when threatening to drop satellites on people.
    Nobody can ever be as cool as the old man
    Last edited by Cikomyr2; Yesterday at 07:47 PM.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    He didn't threaten, so much as just did it
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by georgie_leech View Post
    He didn't threaten, so much as just did it
    True, that. In McCoy's lexicon, "Threatening to drop satellites on people" is defined as "A waste of valuable time that could have been spent dropping satellites on people."