A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content XVII: "My Brain Is Trash And I Live On The Internet"

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    One-off weird customers are a long and storied tradition in this café.
    Not as many lasting comedic potential as Jeremy Gordon Gary tho

edit: I meant Gordon. The Spider Bot.

edit 2: Goddamnit I meant Gary apparently
    Last edited by Cikomyr2; 2021-10-25 at 08:54 AM.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Questionable Content XVII: "My Brain Is Trash And I Live On The Internet"

Me, I'm expecting a 2001 joke any minute.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

3. - Top - End - #783
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Have to admit: The minilith hasn't made cringeworthy Public Service Announcements, hasn't interjected itself into someone else's private conversation, isn't an obnoxious shade of pastel, doesn't have spectacles clipping through it's nose, hasn't assaulted someone as a punchline or used mental illness as throw-away gimmick....

Insofar as new character introductions go, I'm on board. 10/10; all hail, friend minilith.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

4. - Top - End - #784
    Troll in the Playground

They should play music at it.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSh View Post
    If the humming slab doesn't have some method of communicating payment, it isn't a customer. Otherwise one question is, are the prices at CoD all distinct? If so, it make make payment, and expect the corresponding drink. I'm not sure we can answer that with certainty -- they have sold drinks not on the chalkboard menu that we see.
    I might still serve an ominous humming slab even if it didn't pay me, just to get it to go away.

Which would be pretty funny if it was a slightly more forward-thinking mildly-malicious AI than May, one who decided to choose their physical form purely so it could scam innocent businesses and it can actually communicate perfectly well but chooses not to.