New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1

Default Legendary Creature Brawl Thread: Tiamat

(From elsewhere)

Quote Originally Posted by Dork_Forge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxWilson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dork_Forge View Post
    I'm sure it does seem easier to you, you also seem to think a lot of things will go the parties way, like Tiamat even getting in grappling range, summons being able to do any damage, getting into the hut without catching damage first etc.
    @Hael and Dork_Forge, if you would care to roll this out, I volunteer to DM so that Dork_Forge can be Tiamat and Hael can be a 14th(?) level party.
    Sure why not
    Great. Here's what I propose:

Tiamat Practice Fight Legendary Creature Brawl Thread: Tiamat

This contest is primarily between Tiamat and the party. DM exists to make rulings and keep information secret until the right time to reveal it (e.g. precast spells, actions while hidden, positions if hidden, which characters and monsters are actually Major Image illusions). Because this fight is also for the entertainment of the community, all details will eventually be revealed including all secrets, and you may want to reveal certain minor secrets like character class/level and current position immediately and publicly, for the entertainment of onlookers, while keeping other cards close to the chest (e.g. "Bob" and "Ragmar" on the map are actually zombies disguised with Seeming, and the real Bob and Ragmar are hiding in a Rope Trick).

Therefore, a lot of the onus for posting and actual play is on the players. DM does not control any characters or post regularly, is just the ref. I have created a thread for
    Tiamat Practice Fight Legendary Creature Brawl Thread: Tiamat
    . I therefore suggest that you and Hael (or whoever wants to play the party) go to that thread and settle the terms you want (any rules interactions that you are relying on, level limits for the party, terrain, etc.). If you want to use a battle grid or something you set up whatever you're comfortable with and post a link to that thread for us to read. Any rulings or conditions you don't agree on between yourselves are on the DM to decide, and I'll decide something that seems fair and realistic in my best judgment while adhering to vanilla RAW as closely as seems reasonable.

I will monitor the thread and make any rulings that are needed, and when you need secrets kept you can give them to me until it's time to reveal them (and if you wind up hunting each other through darkness or heavy obscurement I will do things like tell you if the other side has come into sight yet, Kriegspiel-style). But for the most part it's going to be up to you guys to just say what you're doing, where you're moving, and what your die rolls are.

Agreed?

Dork_Forge is Tiamat. Who's going to play the PCs?
    Last edited by MaxWilson; 2021-05-19 at 02:00 AM.