New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing 13: This Is A Banned List Not A Drinking

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    *May not replace the party's healing potions with Folgers Crystals to see if they can tell the difference
    Corollary: if they cannot tell the difference, at least one player must re-roll to a character with an INT above 3.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing 13: This Is A Banned List Not A Drinking

Question: What in the Nine Hells of Baator is a Folger's Crystal?
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Instant coffee (-like substance)
    Dawn of Hope: a 5e setting. http://wiki.admiralbenbo.org
    Rogue Equivalent Damage calculator, now prettier and more configurable!
    5e Monster Data Sheet--vital statistics for all 693 MM, Volo's, and now MToF monsters: Updated!
    NIH system 5e fork, very much WIP. Base github repo.
    NIH System PDF Up to date main-branch build version.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Firbolg in the Playground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Kmqm_72grM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxigbiEEOkk
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ettin in the Playground

* Not allowed to get the other characters in the D&D game to start playing Papers & Paychecks.
    ** Not allowed to get them to start a Dark Heresy game in the game in game.
    *** So not allowed to let the game in a game in a game be more fun than the D&D game we're actually playing because generic fantasy is done so ****ing blah.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    * Not allowed to get the other characters in the D&D game to start playing Papers & Paychecks.
    ** Not allowed to get them to start a Dark Heresy game in the game in game.
    *** So not allowed to let the game in a game in a game be more fun than the D&D game we're actually playing because generic fantasy is done so ****ing blah.
    ****Not allowed to spend a significant chunk of the session working out the logistics of how the characters in the game AND in the game-in-a-game can have sessions often enough so that events in the game-in-a-game-in-a-game comprise more that a tiny minority of total playtime.
    *****Especially if the characters in the original game are working out the logistics in-character.
    ******You do NOT need to go deeper!
    Last edited by Tohron; 2022-05-18 at 12:57 PM.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tohron View Post
    ****Not allowed to spend a significant chunk of the session working out the logistics of how the characters in the game AND in the game-in-a-game can have sessions often enough so that events in the game-in-a-game-in-a-game comprise more that a tiny minority of total playtime.
    *****Especially if the characters in the original game are working out the logistics in-character.
    ******You do NOT need to go deeper!
    It is rather easy at the first level of inception: the dnd characters does one or two adventures then have enough money to play papers and paychecks a lot.
    Now in papers and pay-checks organising sessions of dark heresy is hard because you have to work a job and pay your taxes or else you get to become an hobo on the streets.

******* you should not go deeper even if it was not explicitly forbidden by "you do not need to go deeper": it was an euphemism.
    Last edited by noob; 2022-05-18 at 03:05 PM.

8. - Top - End - #998

* No longer allowed to nearly break my own brain trying to figure out whether or not a session dedicated almost entirely to curse-breaking where only a couple of players got to do much of anything, but where two players (when they worked in tandem) ended up with the ability to summon mariachi bands at-will is a net gain or a net loss.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

9. - Top - End - #999
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

For those disinclined to follow the link, they had a long-running ad campaign on the theme "we went to this world-class restaurant and replaced the coffee they usually serve with Folgers Crystals. Let's see if they can tell the difference" followed by interviews with patrons about their coffee.

They were so ubiquitous that parodies of tgem became ubiquitous too. "We went to this Emergency Room snd replaced the blood they normally give with Folgers Crystals".

File it under "it was funny if you're fifty."

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

So what's the tl;dr?

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Titan in the Playground

* I cannot ban elves.
    ** Or half-elves.
    *** Even if it's the only way to see any other race in the party.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Colossus in the Playground

*A character named Alexandra Josoline Joestar Otsusuki Addams is banned by default.
    **Even in a parody game.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

* Any character that is a drider or jorugumo is not allowed out on the account of arachnophobia
    ** No matter how cute she is
    *** how how many sweaters and leg-warmers she wears to make her more cuddly, or how furry she is

* May not start a campaign with making the PCs kill Monkey D. Luffy
    ** No matter how much I want it to happen
    *** In a world of infinite realities, my first action may not to go kill random fictional characters I hate where they exist.

* May not make a campaign where you not only rifftrax/MST3k various bad media, but actively go in and kill people in them.
    ** Then attempt to make a better movie by replacing them
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ettin in the Playground

* Not allowed to write a script to "fix" the speak with dead spell on dndbeyond in the page html so that when pushed to roll20 it lets me make corpses sing instead of answering questions.
    ** Not allowed a wagon full of shrunken heads that qualify for the speak with dead spell.
    *** Not allowed to have Frank Sinatra singing "My Way" on loop in the background over discord when I pull this stunt.

* On discovering that dndbeyond stacks wand of the war mage & rod of the pact keeper I may not retcon in several levels of artificer & then seek out all the +spell attack items in order to skip rolling to hit.

15. - Top - End - #1005

Chimera

*I can no longer cast summon lesser bag of rats
    **I also cannot use them to create a flying machine
    Native Sha'ir enthusiast. NO GENIE WARLOCK DOESNT COUNT!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky McDibben View Post
    I am unburdened of my salt, and I rise like a bland-ass potato chip from the ashes of my discontent.
    Rate my homebrew: https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...&postcount=323

16. - Top - End - #1006

*The Voight-Kampff Test is not a CAPTCHA
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SpyOne View Post
    They were so ubiquitous that parodies of tgem became ubiquitous too. "We went to this Emergency Room snd replaced the blood they normally give with Folgers Crystals".

File it under "it was funny if you're fifty."
    Or even a bit older. I laughed.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Titan in the Playground

* Building public baths will not keep the peasants from revolting.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

19. - Top - End - #1009

*May not refer to the Bene Gesseret as "the Karen Illuminati"
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2022-05-24 at 01:40 PM.

Omegaupdate Forum

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Titan in the Playground

But I probably will for the foreseeable future.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    * Building public baths will not keep the peasants from revolting.
    ** May not suggest killing all angry peasant in ritual sacrifices until they are too scared to revolt.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ettin in the Playground

*** "The peasants are revolting." is not a statement on their cleanliness (although I suppose it could be)
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Titan in the Playground

Daemon

* As it turns out, I am not allowed to create high CR "boing boings" for encounters.
    ** Not even if the situation seems to cry out for such things.
    *** NO MORE BOING BOINGS!
    Dawn of Hope: a 5e setting. http://wiki.admiralbenbo.org
    Rogue Equivalent Damage calculator, now prettier and more configurable!
    5e Monster Data Sheet--vital statistics for all 693 MM, Volo's, and now MToF monsters: Updated!
    NIH system 5e fork, very much WIP. Base github repo.
    NIH System PDF Up to date main-branch build version.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ogre in the Playground

Regrettably, I think I can no longer call them anything BUT that, now...
    Red Mage avatar by Aedilred.

Where do you fit in? (link fixed)

RedMage Prestige Class!

Best advice I've ever heard one DM give another:
    "Remember that it is both a game and a story. If the two conflict, err on the side of cool, your players will thank you for it."

Second Eternal Foe of the Draconic Lord, battling him across the multiverse in whatever shapes and forms he may take.

25. - Top - End - #1015

I...

but...

*slow clap*

Well played, sir.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    *** "The peasants are revolting." is not a statement on their cleanliness (although I suppose it could be)

Yes, that's exactly the joke I was making.

Show

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ettin in the Playground

* I may no longer use Phantasmal Force to blind people.
    ** Yes, I can create an illusion of a large chest.
    *** Yes, I can make it a wall.
    **** Putting the wall directly in front of the bad guy is fine.
    ***** Making it a cylinder that goes around the bad guy is also okay.
    ****** Technically, I can make it a floating wall.
    ******* Well, yes, I can make it really short, only a foot or so tall.
    ******** Sure, I can position it around the bad guy's head.
    ********* Hey! No blinding people with... fine.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    I...

but...

*slow clap*

Well played, sir.
    I require context.

Extended sig here.

29. - Top - End - #1019

I require context.
    The Bene Gesserit is a secretive all-female organization of sorts in the Dune-verse. The concise description above is fairly accurate.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    The Bene Gesserit is a secretive all-female organization of sorts in the Dune-verse. The concise description above is fairly accurate.
    Why do they all name themselves "Karen"?

* May not interpret internet slang literally while pretending not to know its real meaning
    ** May not speak in defense of real people named Karen because I dislike internet slang using real people names to refer to meme-people archetypes
    *** May not point out that people named Chad are just dudes man like everyone else and you shouldn't put such high expectations on them y'know?
    **** May not propagate a third meme-person archetype known as "Mctibbleson" that as a parody of this trend, referring to "Mctibblesons" and "what they're like" but without providing any context or information to clear it up as to whether its positive, negative or anything.
    ***** May not proclaim that the internet need someone to make fun of it in response to it making fun of everything else.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".