New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing 13: This Is A Banned List Not A Drinking

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Huh, guessing this isn't D&D since death knights and vampires are different creatures?
    I long ago stopped caring whether it was DnD. its kind of based on the WoW Death knight but I'm not referring to any specific universe. I just wanted to play a death knight today but can't and also want to play some heroic vampire at point, so I did this instead.

* My vampire's superhero name is not "Sangui-Woman"
    ** Sangui-Knight? No.
    *** Sanguis? Maybe
    **** Crimson Cape? No.
    ***** Nightfang? No.
    ****** "Lesbites" while accurate, is not appropriate
    ******* Bloody Justice might be a bit TOO violent....
    ******** Maybe just call her Miss Vampire? is that taken already?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-10-19 at 01:03 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing 13: This Is A Banned List Not A Drinking

* Not allowed to call the kilometer long starship strafing the battle with magic-nuclear torpedoes "close air support".
    ** Also not allowed to start play with more than one such starship, no matter how much starting xp I dump into the backgrounds.
    *** Using magic to cheat survive direct nuclear hits at first level is just rude. Legit by the rules, but rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I long ago stopped caring whether it was DnD. its kind of based on the WoW Death knight but I'm not referring to any specific universe. I just wanted to play a death knight today but can't and also want to play some heroic vampire at point, so I did this instead.
    Come to dark side... Dungeons the Dragoning has cookies.
    Last edited by Telok; 2021-10-19 at 01:24 AM.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    Come to dark side... Dungeons the Dragoning has cookies.
    I already did! I tried to play with two different groups one after another, they both died, the first after few months the other I think faster. and after I worked out the best backgrounds for vampire feeding to....

* May not insist that a DtD Vampire needs Followers 2, Holdings 2 to function
    ** May not imply that if the foe hasn't fallen apart a week after you sliced with them with a chainsword, that you have not mastered fantasy hyper-iaijutsu
    *** May not become a tiefling elfaboo follower of corellon just to get the best katanas. (yes this is an actual thing in DtD)
    **** despite it being recommended by my first group, I don't actually need the Mark of Tzeentch to have a functional sorcerer
    ***** But it would be funny to take it anyways and just cast spells for everything anyways without caring about the consequences.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Colossus in the Playground

* My vampire's superhero name is not "Sangui-Woman"
    ** Sangui-Knight? No.
    *** Sanguis? Maybe
    **** Crimson Cape? No.
    ***** Nightfang? No.
    ****** "Lesbites" while accurate, is not appropriate
    ******* Bloody Justice might be a bit TOO violent....
    ******** Maybe just call her Miss Vampire? is that taken already?
    *May not play a demon girl banished from the demon world for not being evil enough.
    **Her goal cannot be to acquire enough energy to power herself up to the point that she can brute force her way back.
    ***She cannot deliberately set her up as the Superman to Raz's Vampire's Batman.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

Batman archetype seems good, but also mix in some Spiderman for me. Vampire drinking blood is always a classic reason to have someone after you and to have a bad rep, and the JJJ can be a vampire hunter. its more solid to me than most bad reps.

* Spiderman's M&M complications aren't "J. Jonah Jameson", "My Loved Ones Keep Dying", and "My Writers keep acting as if I'm in high school."
    ** Batman's M&M complications aren't "My parents are DEEEEEEAAAAAD!!!", "No Killing!", "Women in costume are irresistible to me", "My Robins keep dying", "Joker thinks we're a couple, he's wrong.", "My writers keep portraying me as more violent and thuggish than I should be.", "I claim to work alone to my vast social network of friends" and "I don't know the meaning of being hospitalized. or rest."

* my other superhero concepts cannot consist of "lofi-blasting skater girl" or "jazz blasting motorcyclist"
    ** may not be a super who uses the power of "Zero" to do things like "Zero Distance" to teleport, "Zero Death" to be immortal, "Zero Solidity" to be incorporeal....
    *** May not replicate the Kamui powerset
    **** may not combine Kamui with Za Warudo and Unlimited Blade Works

6. - Top - End - #576

I can't unironically rip off Kill La Kill for my superhero concept.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I can't unironically rip off Kill La Kill for my superhero concept.
    I mean thats what Referential Cosplay Style is: being empowered by clothing to be super-powerful in anime-tastic way. Just without the parasite thing and made to be more flexible. Jade is basically magic cosplay Batman. the only flaw is that she doesn't have a consistent aesthetic or costume which doesn't lend well to being an iconic superhero which live or die on having a consistent design that stands out in peoples minds.

* My new idea isn't "Superhero Strategy" where supers using superpowers to create and battle with armies for the fate of the world
    ** The available super armies are not "tyranid/zerg clone with humanoid hive queen.", "mad scientist with robot army", "mafia boss/supervillain with normal goons", "clone army superhero", "chrono superhero who summons armies from across time", "mutant school", "SHIELD clone", "necromancer with zombies", "elemental gangs", "martial artist with ninja army", and "sorcerer with demon army"
    *** Even if now that I think it, a Superhero Strategy game would solve a LOT of problems with superheroes.

8. - Top - End - #578

I mean thats what Referential Cosplay Style is: being empowered by clothing to be super-powerful in anime-tastic way. Just without the parasite thing and made to be more flexible. Jade is basically magic cosplay Batman. the only flaw is that she doesn't have a consistent aesthetic or costume which doesn't lend well to being an iconic superhero which live or die on having a consistent design that stands out in peoples minds.
    I meant more along the lines of "power through lack of shame represented by acting normal and confident while wearing scandalously revealing clothing... Also, you're immortal due to being fused with alien parasites at birth."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

Legends of the Wulin stuff:
    * May not rename "Divine Pattern Long-Strokes" to "Spin to Win With Spear Style"
    ** Flying Red Silk stylists are not all power bottoms
    *** Subtle Force is a style about peace and subduing your opponent nonlethally. not humiliating them by tricking the opponent into hurting themselves in various ways.
    **** Fire Sutra maybe the Firebender Style, but having a burn scar on the left side of my face is not a requirement.
    ***** Jade Spirit Sword is not Fantasy Hyper-Iaijutsu and I do not have to do a bunch of impossible things to master it.
    ****** Removing Concepts is not the "Win By Doing Nothing" Style.
    ******* nor is Unstained Lotus Mastery just Fist of the North Star Style.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Firbolg in the Playground

*While it is true that the shining trapezohedron is black yet luminous and shows images that can only be seen in the dark, this does not automatically make it a smartphone or a TV
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

* May not point out that skateboards and rollerskates are actually conceptually low tech when you think about it
    ** May not try justify the existence of skateboarders and skaters in medieval fantasy
    *** Especially not if its to make a bunch of skateboarding bards.
    **** Or worse make a school of monks that teaches a martial arts style based on skating.
    ***** May not point out that magic could probably easily make up for any modern materials used to make skateboards/skates function

* May not point out Exalted could also plausibly have both skates and skateboards in both mundane and artifact versions
    ** Dragon-Blooded Dynast teenagers don't go skating around the Imperial city over the peasants they rule while shouting "totally gnarly!"
    *** skateboards and skates aren't fallen mundane attempts at replicating Solar Exalted hoverboards and gliding shoes of the first age in some small way.

* Dungeons the Dragoning however definitely probably has skateboarding and skating adventurers and you can totally play a skateboarding adventurer there.

* may not wonder how low tech you have to be to invent bicycles.

12. - Top - End - #582

* May not point out that skateboards and rollerskates are actually conceptually low tech when you think about it
    ** May not try justify the existence of skateboarders and skaters in medieval fantasy
    *** Especially not if its to make a bunch of skateboarding bards.
    **** Or worse make a school of monks that teaches a martial arts style based on skating.
    ***** May not point out that magic could probably easily make up for any modern materials used to make skateboards/skates function

* May not point out Exalted could also plausibly have both skates and skateboards in both mundane and artifact versions
    ** Dragon-Blooded Dynast teenagers don't go skating around the Imperial city over the peasants they rule while shouting "totally gnarly!"
    *** skateboards and skates aren't fallen mundane attempts at replicating Solar Exalted hoverboards and gliding shoes of the first age in some small way.

* Dungeons the Dragoning however definitely probably has skateboarding and skating adventurers and you can totally play a skateboarding adventurer there.

*My Getimani can't be a from Exalted verses The World od Darkness and invent skateboards, bicycles, and the like as part of my efforts to build an army to forcibly modernize this anachronistic world I've woken up in.
    **Cannot create custom charms based on selectively imposing Consensus Reality and/or real-life Physics on Creation whenever it is to my benefit.
    ***There is no conceivable way that in the aborted destiny that resulted in the specific incarnation of Exalted vs The World of Darkness that was my non-existent past, that I was friends with Caine.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ettin in the Playground

The first bicycles did not need tech beyond wheels.(but without a light and strong material like iron or bronze or whatever bicycles are not even worth as novelties)
    They also were not nearly as good: you had to touch the ground to make it move and it did not move fast.
    They are definitively not what you imagine when you ask if there is bicycles.
    Last edited by noob; 2021-10-25 at 08:58 AM.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    The first bicycles did not need tech beyond wheels.(but without a light and strong material like iron or bronze or whatever bicycles are not even worth as novelties)
    They also were not nearly as good: you had to touch the ground to make it move and it did not move fast.
    They are definitively not what you imagine when you ask if there is bicycles.
    * May not repeat pointing out that magic could solve the whole materials problem
    ** and the speed problem
    *** stop trying to introduce modern low-tech into fantasy

* The group's soldier may not turn out to be a Eclipse Caste Solar Exalted because he is actually a logistician and quartermaster adept at navigating military regulations and resolving disputes between soldiers and generals alike
    ** the group's diplomat/courtier may not turn out to be Dawn Caste Solar Exalted because she is more talented at three unarmed martial arts designed to be used in court politics, assassination and subterfuge rather than actual diplomacy
    *** the group's priest may not turn out to be a Twilight Caste because learning about spiritual matters only inspired her to learn more and poke and prod at it to investigate it rather than give her faith and ideals to inspire others with.
    **** the group's blacksmith may not out to be a Night Caste who uses their blacksmithing skills to make tools to help with their much more profitable criminal enterprises.
    ***** the groups Zenith Caste may not be a cynical intellectual who spouts off philosophy while drinking while making sure people don't do stupid things with logic and reason.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ettin in the Playground

* A Saddle of Levitation and a barrel enchanted with Gust of Wind, a speeder bike does not make.
    ** No commandeering Baba Yaga's hut and calling it an At-At.
    *** Suggestion, Jump, slow fall, immunity to being surprised, and a sun blade do not make me a D&D Jedi.
    **** Variations of "Thou shalt get thy Star Wars the **** out my D&D." is not cause for me to shout "Bingo!" and claim I won.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    ** No commandeering Baba Yaga's hut and calling it an At-At.
    ***May not point out that, as the hut is frequently shown with only two legs, it would be an AT-ST instead
    Last edited by DeTess; 2021-10-28 at 07:36 AM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

17. - Top - End - #587
    Titan in the Playground

* Bards are not Jaegermonsters.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    * Bards are not Jaegermonsters.
    **But Jaegermonsters think they are bards.
    ***(And just enough Jaegermonsters *are* bards that it keeps the rest of them deluded into believing they are, too.)
    ****(I'm looking at you, Oggie. Just because you've got the descendants doesn't mean these other schmoes will.)
    Last edited by thorr-kan; 2021-10-28 at 10:36 AM.
    I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
    -The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
    https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.c...tionchallenge/

19. - Top - End - #589

*The Necronomicon was not the inspiration for Facebook
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

20. - Top - End - #590

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    *The Necronomicon was not the inspiration for Facebook
    ** The Necrotelecomnicon is not a Facebook feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

21. - Top - End - #591

*I can't play an Exalted vs The world of Darkness revised addition Liminel if I'm going to be creepy about it.
    **"Creepy about it" in this case means taking the vampire "child" flaw and the Born in Blood merit on a Blood Aspect, justifying it by saying that her creator kidnapped a bubbly child pageant winner, a sweet-tempered academic, and a tomboyish athlete for "ingredients" and throwing them together in a cauldron of vampire blood as part of a hedge magic ritual to create "the perfect little girl."
    ***As an aside, the Born in Blood merit is explicitly forbidden to Liminals.
    ****Describing her as a pale skinned girl with long stringy black hair wearing a long white gown and no shoes and playing up her Aspect markins(pale skin and stagnant water) and anima banner(scarlet energy that flowing down the body in trails of fluid only to immediately evaporate into a crimson mist that exudes the smell of metal) for all their worth don't help.
    *****My lifeline intricacy being "Find 'daddy' and ask him why I was created" is putting a hat on a hat at this point.
    ******Haven't I already been banned from playing creepy children?
    *******My creator can not be "Professor Utonium as a dark wizard" down to sharing his basic personality and mannerism.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

I have no idea how I managed to suspect "Powerpuff Girls" after the second or so part, but I did.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

23. - Top - End - #593

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    I have no idea how I managed to suspect "Powerpuff Girls" after the second or so part, but I did.
    I mean, the motivation was described as "create the perfect little girl" and two of the ingredients are just flat-out descriptions of two of the girls while the third was described as bubbly.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thorr-kan View Post
    **But Jaegermonsters think they are bards.
    ***(And just enough Jaegermonsters *are* bards that it keeps the rest of them deluded into believing they are, too.)
    ****(I'm looking at you, Oggie. Just because you've got the descendants doesn't mean these other schmoes will.)
    To be fair we don't know if Jaegers are fertile. Also while Oggie is a Bard Dimo possibly head enough intelligence to multiclass to Wizard even without reaching the General stage.

Actually, I did back the Girl Genius RPG Kickstarter, so I'll be interested in March to find out if Jaegers can be Sparks.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

25. - Top - End - #595

*Having been killed by an attack dog does not make Wilbur Whateley "the wussiest demigod ever"

EDIT:

*Onions do not have grenade launchers. You're getting Shrek and Quake mixed up again.
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2021-11-01 at 03:18 AM.

Omegaupdate Forum

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    *Onions do not have grenade launchers. You're getting Shrek and Quake mixed up again.
    I love this!

Things I may not do again:
    * Drop Hypnotic Pattern down on top of the NPC and me, and the pack of wolves that just swarmed me and the NPC who I am supposed to protect. (Disadvantage against my own spell save DC of 19 went as expected-fail!)
    ** Look expectantly at our SorcLock so that he remembers to drop one of his eldritch blasts onto me (his ally) so that I can "snap out of it."
    *** Dimension Door away with the NPC while our Hexblade is getting swarmed under by a pack of dire wolves and some demon mounted on a nightmare
    Spoiler: Oh dear, how bad was it?
    Show
    (It all worked out in the end, but there were some calls of "Uh, could use a little help here, dedicated support caster!" from my allies).
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

27. - Top - End - #597

To be fair we don't know if Jaegers are fertile. Also while Oggie is a Bard Dimo possibly head enough intelligence to multiclass to Wizard even without reaching the General stage.
    Jaegers are fertile- Oggie didn't get into a relationship/married until post-Jaegerdraught, and we know he had a lot of kids. It was shown in the flashback when he was talking to Zeetha about being in a relationship with a Jaeger.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    Jaegers are fertile- Oggie didn't get into a relationship/married until post-Jaegerdraught, and we know he had a lot of kids. It was shown in the flashback when he was talking to Zeetha about being in a relationship with a Jaeger.
    Huh, honestly only recently got back into the comic. I swear I read somewhere* that Oggie conceived at least one kid before marriage. Of course that doesn't rule out post-Jaegerdaught children, just makes them not a strictly necessity.

Honestly though I'm not overly interested in Jaeger fertility, if it's not recommitting spelt out in the Girl Genius RPG then we can probably assume that it doesn't change.

* I'm fairly certain it was TV Tropes, witch tends to be relatively reliable.

Show

29. - Top - End - #599

Huh, honestly only recently got back into the comic. I swear I read somewhere* that Oggie conceived at least one kid before marriage. Of course that doesn't rule out post-Jaegerdaught children, just makes them not a strictly necessity.

Honestly though I'm not overly interested in Jaeger fertility, if it's not recommitting spelt out in the Girl Genius RPG then we can probably assume that it doesn't change.

* I'm fairly certain it was TV Tropes, witch tends to be relatively reliable.
    Oop- turns out my memory was faulty, Oggie's first kid with his wife was pre-Jagerdraught, although they had plenty of kids after (as seen here). Not a big deal, just don't like perpetrating misinformation (even about things as trivial as this )
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

30. - Top - End - #600
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I, too, have certain compulsions about trivial things:
    That lady, a normal human, was an adult when she concieved Oggie's first child, and then went away for ten years. She would not have many years left where childbearing was an option.
    That last panel seems to be shortly after her passing, so her youngest possible child would be about 50 then. One or two of them might be that age, but really they all look younger than that.
    I think that nobody in that picture is one of Oggie's children, they are his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

And we have no idea if Jagers can sire children after becoming Jagers.