New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing 13: This Is A Banned List Not A Drinking

*Sells-Auto-Insurance is not a proper Argonian name
    **Neither is Saves-Fifteen-Percent
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2021-05-26 at 12:38 AM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing 13: This Is A Banned List Not A Drinking

Add to the "probably not allowed but it'd be fun" list...

Mecha-treant cyber-druid that gains power from being on fire, with Monty Python bunny animal companion.

Chosen of Malal assimar paladin dual wielding full auto grenade launchers and has replenishing minion allies to include in the AoE.

Dodge-tank wolf(were-halfling) rigger remoting a wave motion cannon armed zeppelin at a 1.5 km stand-off.

Incorporeal invisible flying kenku sniper-bard with laz cannon, void shield, and punk rock band.

"Too sexy for my pants" dark eldarin charisma seduction enchanter-starship captain.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Chosen of Malal assimar paladin dual wielding full auto grenade launchers and has replenishing minion allies to include in the AoE.
    Seems doable even in dnd 3.5.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Colossus in the Playground

*There's a difference between being weak-minded and being stupid/incompetent.
    **Therefore, I cannot mindtrick the Citadel council,
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

* The Estate of Bethesda does not the properties of "(1) Bethesda just works (2) Bethesda sells Skyrim Again (3) Bethesda gives endless loot. (4) Bethesda glitches anything it touches."
    ** The Estate of EA does not have properties like "EA Destroys Hopes/Dreams" or "EA seeks only profit"
    *** The Estate of The Worst does not have properties of "(1) The Worst summons others to solve things better than themselves (2) The Worst ruins everything. (3) The Worst wears down your faith in humanity."
    **** There is no Estate of Nothing, nothingness is Excrucians
    ***** My Excrucian's pState cannot be replicating the Skyrim alchemy infinite loop exploit and be entitled "Potions I Make..."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    * The Estate of Bethesda does not the properties of "(1) Bethesda just works (2) Bethesda sells Skyrim Again (3) Bethesda gives endless loot. (4) Bethesda glitches anything it touches."
    ** The Estate of EA does not have properties like "EA Destroys Hopes/Dreams" or "EA seeks only profit"
    *** The Estate of The Worst does not have properties of "(1) The Worst summons others to solve things better than themselves (2) The Worst ruins everything. (3) The Worst wears down your faith in humanity."
    **** There is no Estate of Nothing, nothingness is Excrucians
    ***** My Excrucian's pState cannot be replicating the Skyrim alchemy infinite loop exploit and be entitled "Potions I Make..."
    Which game system is this?
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    While I don't own the system, the terms make me think it's Nobilis, where you play god's with powers over thematic aspects of reality (Estates) and fight against evil things that want to destroy or the world. As a massive simplification born of my 'heard of it, but played it' experience.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Nobilis. Its a system where you play people called the Nobilis, who are basically humans granted the power of Imperators which are basically living principles/spirits of reality such as "Beauty", "Fire", "Death", "Tacos", "Backsies" anything you could think of, there is an Imperator of it with an Estate that governs it, much like a divine domain and Nobilis are humans are empowered with the Estates to fight Excrucians, who are basically people from the void come to destroy reality because they think reality is more beautiful when all the unnecessary parts of it are gone. Its really metaphysical, surreal, conceptual and out there, as its all about mythical reality warping kind of shenanigans. Its a game made by Jenna Moran, so expect that kind of weirdness and that it might take you a while to understand it if you try to get into it.

* May not try to explain Jenna Moran games
    ** Especially when while I have the PDF's, I haven't read that stuff in a while
    *** Attempting to reread Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine will probably an exercise in "Wait how does the arc stuff work again?"
    **** Except The Ace, that one I remember because its basically "The Hero Arc" and thus the easiest to remember.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

* I can't have more game proposals than members of the group.
    ** At least one of my game proposals should use a system the group has heard of.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

* may not claim that a US version of WH40k would just be Fallout and/or Bioshock in Space
    ** or Outer Worlds given more time
    *** Speaking of which, may not try to make a crossover of those three universes and name it the "Mega-Corps are Evilverse"
    **** Fallout counts because Vault Tec, Robco and Nuka Cola.
    ***** But wait isn't that just cyberpunk?
    ****** May not claim that these three universes are better the punk genre than most stuff that just copies the cyberpunk aesthetic.

11. - Top - End - #71

*My Superhero Origin can't be "kidnapped a bunch of evil/criminal supersoldiers and transfused their blood into myself to become a composite supersoldier."
    **Becuase it doesn't matter that they're bad people, kidnapping someone to steal their powers is still a supervillain origin.
    ***It doesn't matter that I only did it because my daughter desperately needed a bone marrow transplant from a supersoldier in order to beat a terminal genetic illness and I wanted to make sure she could get the best possible sample.
    ****It's my own damn fault if one o the criminal super-soldiers bosses kidnapped my daughter after the procedure to use her to mass-produce super soldiers.
    *****Okay, fine, I can go at this like a combination of John Wick and the Dad from Taken, but still, none of this would have happened if I'd just left the superpowered criminals alone.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    * I can't have more game proposals than members of the group.
    ** At least one of my game proposals should use a system the group has heard of.
    ***My game proposal may not contain three different systems, only one of which anyone other than me knows anything about.

(aka no one wanted to play in my game of "How about Everyone is John, but using FATE rules and also it's Disco Elysium")
    Resident Vancian Apologist

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    *My Superhero Origin can't be "kidnapped a bunch of evil/criminal supersoldiers and transfused their blood into myself to become a composite supersoldier."
    **Becuase it doesn't matter that they're bad people, kidnapping someone to steal their powers is still a supervillain origin.
    ***It doesn't matter that I only did it because my daughter desperately needed a bone marrow transplant from a supersoldier in order to beat a terminal genetic illness and I wanted to make sure she could get the best possible sample.
    ****It's my own damn fault if one o the criminal super-soldiers bosses kidnapped my daughter after the procedure to use her to mass-produce super soldiers.
    *****Okay, fine, I can go at this like a combination of John Wick and the Dad from Taken, but still, none of this would have happened if I'd just left the superpowered criminals alone.
    * my superhero origin cannot be "redeemed supervillain" on a Doctor Doom Expy
    ** cannot utter the phrase "Good plan to save the world, mueeheheheeheheheeehehee!"

* My superhero origin may not be "I'm an assassin who has decided to only kill evil people"
    ** the assassins procedures may not include things like "destroy the villains soul after disintegrating their body so that they cannot resurrect by making a deal with demons or by being cloned, then check all alternate timelines to make sure no counterparts spring up"
    *** Yes we are well aware of how often villains come back from death and why these precautions are necessary in response to Superman pointing out just killing a villain doesn't work because of things like that, you still can't do them
    **** May not be so incredibly paranoid that I call Batman "inadequately prepared".
    ***** My response to knowing of either the Presence or One Above All's existence and the role they play in the universe may not be to try to go back and assassinate them before they invent the concept of suffering so that it never even occurs as an idea in the first place.

* My superheroes power may not "temporarily become a foil or dark reflection of some other hero and their powers as a form of imperfect mimicry"

* may not attempt to de-genetics superpowers away from things like X-Men using drugs that temporarily grant superpowers on a prescription but are potentially addictive.

14. - Top - End - #74

* may not attempt to de-genetics superpowers away from things like X-Men using drugs that temporarily grant superpowers on a prescription but are potentially addictive.
    I mean, that's already a thing.

DC had a hero way back when called Hourman, who used a drug called "miraclo" that gave him superpowers for an hour per dose but that he eventually became addicted to(When his son succeeded him as Hourman, he was initially horrified because he didn't want his son to struggle with dependency on the drug.)

And Bane's drug 'venom' was originally used by Batman himself to boost his physical abilities. He stopped using it because he became addicted to it and the dependency on it and the withdrawal symptoms were making him worse off than he was without the drug so he got rid of his stash and locked himself in the Batcave until he'd gotten past the worst of the withdrawal and the last traces of the drug had left his system.

Note: It was eventually established that venom was a derivative drug based on miraclo.

Then there's Elongated man, who gained his powers of stretching and super flexibility by overdosing on gingold extract and has to regularly drink a soda made with the same extract in order to maintain his powers, which isn't technically or drug or an addiction, but the thematic are there.

The New 52 version of Ultraman, an evil superman from an alternate dimension, instead of having superpowers as a natural facit of his biology feed by sunlight, gets his powers by grinding kryptonite into a fine powder and smoking it.

Pym Particles are treated as a drug in the Comics. While not addictive, prolonged excessive use of them can cause pre-existing mental illnesses(such as Hank Pym's bipolar disorder) to become worse. How much counts as "prolonged and excessive" varies from person to person, but it's usually around the point where the your body starts producing the drug on ti's own, which was years for Hank but only a few weeks for his daughter Nadia.

And in the Kick-Ass Comics, Hit-Girl's "emergency super serum" is literally just a solution of cocaine, though admittedly citing Kick-Ass is a bit of a stretch.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    ***My game proposal may not contain three different systems, only one of which anyone other than me knows anything about.

(aka no one wanted to play in my game of "How about Everyone is John, but using FATE rules and also it's Disco Elysium")
    Darn you, now I want to play Everyone is The Detective.

I would be Unflappable Politeness. See the suspects crumble before my unchanging tone!
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2021-05-27 at 05:29 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76

If I played, I'd want to ham it up as much as possible, because I think at least two of my other regular co-players would Play something subdued, like logic or reason or perception. I'd be Pure Id, played roughly between Electrochemistry and the garish Necktie.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

17. - Top - End - #77

*Cannot play as a polyamorous telepath who has permanently formed powerful psionic bonds with their various loves and they all voluntarily live as a collective.
    **Especially if they're all different species of sapient alien.
    ***Especially if this is a crossover game and each alien is from a different franchise.
    ****Especially if one of them is a cybertronian that took The Normandy as her alt mode and the rest of the collective lives inside her.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

*Cannot play as a polyamorous telepath who has permanently formed powerful psionic bonds with their various loves and they all voluntarily live as a collective.
    ** Mainly because it's bad form to steal Anonymouswizard's life goals, he is not subtle but is quick to anger.

****Especially if one of them is a cybertronian that took The Normandy as her alt mode and the rest of the collective lives inside her.
    Ah, the long desired EDI romance option.

Tad off topic, but I want more poly representation in computer games. Not 'let me boink everybody', but let's have some 'çommitted relationship' options that aren't mutually exclusive.

Like, while ShepherdxGarrus is clearly the only canon relationship in that series, I wouldn't mind if there was also some Talibrations going on. It's more work I know, but not every romance has to be poly-compatible.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2021-05-28 at 08:36 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79

Like, while ShepherdxGarrus is clearly the only canon relationship in that series, I wouldn't mind if there was also some Talibrations going on. It's more work I know, but not every romance has to be poly-compatible.
    Apparently, if you're playing Femshep in a relationship with Garrus and do work to keep Tali alive and maintain her loyalty, in the Party during the Citadel DLC in ME3 late in the night you can find a drunk Tali in the bathroom and if you hang out there long enough listening to her babble she starts fantasizing about Garrus propositioning her for a threeway with Shepard, so...

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Apparently, if you're playing Femshep in a relationship with Garrus and do work to keep Tali alive and maintain her loyalty, in the Party during the Citadel DLC in ME3 late in the night you can find a drunk Tali in the bathroom and if you hang out there long enough listening to her babble she starts fantasizing about Garrus propositioning her for a threeway with Shepard, so...
    Can I talk to a sober Tali about it? Because while it's great that at least one character has such fantasies I'd still like to see actual representation.

Show

21. - Top - End - #81

Can I talk to a sober Tali about it? Because while it's great that at least one character has such fantasies I'd still like to see actual representation.
    No, but you also don't get to tell Cerberus to go **** themselves, bring up the fact that they are personally responsible for the Massacre on Akuze when they ask you about it, if you're a Sole Survivor Shep, point out how fricking stupid it is to assume that The conuit is a distraction when Sare's entire plan up to that point has been about finding it, in general call out the Council on their stupidity and pointless dickery, point out that Cerberus stole your body and reanimated you with experimental tech when people assume that you faked your death and ran off to work with terrorists, or in general do lots of things that would make sense to do.

I know that videogames can't plan for everything, but the Mass Effect series seems to have lot of missed opportunities.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

No, but you also don't get to tell Cerberus to go **** themselves, bring up the fact that they are personally responsible for the Massacre on Akuze when they ask you about it, if you're a Sole Survivor Shep, point out how fricking stupid it is to assume that The conduit is a distraction when Sare's entire plan up to that point has been about finding it, in general call out the Council on their stupidity and pointless dickery, point out that Cerberus stole your body and reanimated you with experimental tech when people assume that you faked your death and ran off to work with terrorists, or in general do lots of things that would make sense to do.

I know that videogames can't plan for everything, but the Mass Effect series seems to have lot of missed opportunities.
    Spoiler: Mass effect Tangent
    Show
    Yeah, you'd think a Renegade Shepard in ME1 would have those options towards the Council, or the option to literally reject Cerberuses help and steal the second Normandy for themselves, but apparently the lead writer for ME1 was replaced in ME2 and the person who made that thought Cerberus was cool for some reason? Renegade in general seems shafted, because while there is good enough reason to act like a renegade due what some of the authorities do, the options you get aren't exactly the best options they could've picked. like ME2, looking back on it was a bit of a railroad with its premise. But yeah, if Mass Effect had New Vegas form of story choices you could probably do stuff like find the Conduit early if you knew how to decipher the message without going through the story get it and have the final battle on Virmire already knowing what his plan is having already disabled his whole "manually activate the Citadel" plan in advance, or have a quest to kill the Council yourself, blame Saren, put the humans in charge immediately, receive a lot more resources to finding and stopping Saren and finding out the whole Reaper thing faster....but then have to deal with the fallout of doing so when the secret inevitably slips out thus provoking a war between humanity and the Citadel races that you have to stop...

or how in ME2, if with New Vegas style options, you'd be able to reject his offer, take the Normandy for yourself, get rid of the branding, hunt Illusive Man down and kill him in revenge for Akuze, and it would still allow you to go hunting for the Collectors with some other faction like Anderson, the Salarians or the Asari afterwards, or in Omega you could probably just immediately kill Aria and she'd have some note on her corpse for the information you need and you could just kill all her minions too. Or if your paragon, you could simply find out Cerberuses location information, then sell them out to the Council to be a Spectre again, thus taking cerberus of the equation early, then show Jacob and Miranda why Cerberus was always a bad idea. tons of options like that. and don't tell me it can't be done: Fallout New Vegas was made in 18 months. I doubt the Mass effect games got that short a timespan to make their games.

* My GMing tips cannot be "learn how to not railroad from New Vegas"
    ** All my NPC's don't have notes that conveniently lead you to what you need to do next in case you kill them and take it off their corpse.
    *** May not have plans for how to continue the game's conflict no matter how many specific people you kill.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

*** May not have plans for how to continue the game's conflict no matter how many specific people you kill.
    Must... resist... urge... make...

* Should not make a BBEG that sends minions with "clues" to attack adventurers, leading to the adventurers clearing the path to power for said BBEG.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    * Should not make a BBEG that sends minions with "clues" to attack adventurers, leading to the adventurers clearing the path to power for said BBEG.
    ** Upon realising this, the correct response is not to negotiate a share in the profits.

* There are situations where the mass battle rules are appropriate, this is not one of those times.

* Must stop pointing out the situations where a social conflict system would be really useful, like if a PC stands in an election.

Sadly not happened, but I do really want to ruin a game where PCs running for political positions is a legitimate strategy. Sadly I don't own many games with proper debating systems, Burning Wheel might be the only one I have. Most games I have with social conflict systems seen to focus on convincing the other person, not a third party.

Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Sadly not happened, but I do really want to ruin a game where PCs running for political positions is a legitimate strategy.
    Errrrr.....

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

26. - Top - End - #86

*May not use anti-air rocket launching turrets as though they were sniper nests.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Errrrr.....
    It's not a typo, it is a feature!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Y'all assuming I'm not planning to ruin the game via an election.

Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

* I may not roll up an epic level half-minotaur, half-aasimar, troll-blooded, fey-touched, demonic, cybernetic, half-construct, dragonborn quintuplestalt paragon paladin//ninja//wizard//truenamer//whathaveyou.

**And I may not even ask for games containing such characters to be played.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

There’s a good chance that character only has like five class levels due to the template stacking you know.

Extended sig here.