New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing 13: This Is A Banned List Not A Drinking

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    The Bene Gesserit is a secretive all-female organization of sorts in the Dune-verse. The concise description above is fairly accurate.
    Plus they have a superpower for making people do whatever they demand, they all seem to be either middle or upper class, and they constantly use yoga jargon when they talk.
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2022-05-26 at 06:42 PM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing 13: This Is A Banned List Not A Drinking

There is no Exalted charm called Overwhelming Mary Sue Bull**** Enlightenment.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    There is no Exalted charm called Overwhelming Mary Sue Bull**** Enlightenment.
    * Not even if I make an Exigent of Mary Sues
    ** Mostly because I'd need to have a Goddess of Mary Sues to get it from.
    *** I'd probably also be an illegal Exigent, the Unconquered Sun doesn't give sparks away for Mary Sue nonsense
    **** My Mary Sue Exigent cannot have Adamant Circle Sorcery and Sidereal Martial Arts AND Void Circle Necromancy at Essence 1
    ***** The Bronze Faction WILL consider my Exigent a greater threat than the Solars and do anything to take me down
    ****** Especially if I start gathering a Dragon-Blooded lesbian polycule to try and make a bid for Empress
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #1024

*None of the characters from Squidbillies ever lived in Innsmouth

*The "Ghost Eating Technique" used by the Exalted is not the same one used by Pac-Man

*House Phiarlan are not juggalos

*the Star of Chaos is not "a stylized drawing of a butt hole"
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2022-06-14 at 02:37 AM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    * Not even if I make an Exigent of Mary Sues
    ** Mostly because I'd need to have a Goddess of Mary Sues to get it from.
    *** I'd probably also be an illegal Exigent, the Unconquered Sun doesn't give sparks away for Mary Sue nonsense
    **** My Mary Sue Exigent cannot have Adamant Circle Sorcery and Sidereal Martial Arts AND Void Circle Necromancy at Essence 1
    ***** The Bronze Faction WILL consider my Exigent a greater threat than the Solars and do anything to take me down
    ****** Especially if I start gathering a Dragon-Blooded lesbian polycule to try and make a bid for Empress
    *The backstory of my Exalted character cannot be that they are a Mary Sue who got planeshifted to a world populated by a large number of their own kind for "balance reasons"
    **For several reasons, not the least of which is that it sounds like the plot of a mediocre webcomic...
    ***Or a likely much higher quality manga
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    *The backstory of my Exalted character cannot be that they are a Mary Sue who got planeshifted to a world populated by a large number of their own kind for "balance reasons"
    **For several reasons, not the least of which is that it sounds like the plot of a mediocre webcomic...
    ***Or a likely much higher quality manga
    **** This is not a weird form of Getimian Exaltation

* My Dragon-Blooded shikari may not be inspired by Menou from The Executioner and her Way of Life
    ** She does not have a Solar Anathema girlfriend and a bunch of tension surrounding their relationship

* My Changing Moon Lunar may not just be a transgender lesbian version of Marena of the Red Crescent
    ** May not make a Night Caste version of Secret her Solar Mate

* May not make a No Moon Lunar just to use lunar mutation charms to convert people into beefolk, snakefolk or any other kind of beastfolk

* There is no Exigents of the following: Sex, Lesbians, Time Travel, Takebacks, Breaking The Setting, Guns, Demons, Zen-Mu, The Brass Dancer, Ligier, squirrels, neomah, The Wyld, watermelons, or Unfinished Jokes

7. - Top - End - #1027

**** This is not a weird form of Getimian Exaltation

* My Dragon-Blooded shikari may not be inspired by Menou from The Executioner and her Way of Life
    ** She does not have a Solar Anathema girlfriend and a bunch of tension surrounding their relationship

* My Changing Moon Lunar may not just be a transgender lesbian version of Marena of the Red Crescent
    ** May not make a Night Caste version of Secret her Solar Mate

* May not make a No Moon Lunar just to use lunar mutation charms to convert people into beefolk, snakefolk or any other kind of beastfolk

* There is no Exigents of the following: Sex, Lesbians, Time Travel, Takebacks, Breaking The Setting, Guns, Demons, Zen-Mu, The Brass Dancer, Ligier, squirrels, neomah, The Wyld, watermelons, or Unfinished Jokes
    ...yet.ten
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.

8. - Top - End - #1028

The League of Extraordinary Floridamen is a concept that shall never see the light of day.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #1029

The League of Extraordinary Floridamen is a concept that shall never see the light of day.
    But it's the sunshine state!

*Floridamen were not renamed Floridafolk in the latest edition.

10. - Top - End - #1030

... this week in Exalted ...

* If overthrowing the evil overlord leads to massive inflation, social instability, and general lawlessness, "put him back in power" is not to be plan A.
    ** Plan A cannot be "find an eviler overlord to take his place" either.
    *** Becoming his replacement is right out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post

* If overthrowing the evil overlord leads to massive inflation, social instability, and general lawlessness, "put him back in power" is not to be plan A.
    Tarquin approved solutions are out then?
    Native Sha'ir enthusiast. NO GENIE WARLOCK DOESNT COUNT!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky McDibben View Post
    I am unburdened of my salt, and I rise like a bland-ass potato chip from the ashes of my discontent.
    Rate my homebrew: https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...&postcount=323

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Titan in the Playground

* Almost no problem can be solved with the words "embrace your inner Abyssal"
    ** or "Embrace the violence"
    *** nothing good comes from "reaching heaven through violence"

* may not steal the form of a tax assessor just to go around to people demanding ridiculous sums of rice.
    ** May not point out that Fangs at The Gate says this is a viable Lunar strategy for fermenting rebellion

*My Black Claw Style teacher may not be any of the following: my mother, my sister, any teacher who educated me before age 18, my daughter, my talking pet, my master when I was a slave, my maid before I exalted as a Dragon-Blooded dynast, or anyone else of that nature.
    ** My Getimian may not get around the Black Claw teacher thing by having a teacher be from their Origin and thus doesn't exist.

13. - Top - End - #1033

This is just the plot of Mistborn

14. - Top - End - #1034

Chimera

* I may not describe Silvery Barbs as bombarding my opponent’s mind with cringy deviantart pictures
    ** Not even when it’s funny to do so
    *** I may not post said deviantart pictures in the discord chad as reference
    Last edited by Jervis; 2022-06-17 at 02:06 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

This is just the plot of Mistborn
    * May not point out this is technically only 2/3rd's of the plot of Mistborn.

* The Children of Yatani are not the Getimian's or Rakan Thulio's plan to make a DB army to counter the Sidereal's one by bringing them in from a different version of Creation
    ** Nor are they the remnants of the Gunstar
    *** or Dragon-Blooded people descended from a modern Earth
    **** Nor are they from a world Gaia created after disappearing from Creation
    ***** they are not a lost First Age Dragon-Blooded colony returned
    ****** because their true origins are probably much more strange than any of those possibilities
    ******* The Children of Yatani are not an excuse to make whatever weird DB I want.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Titan in the Playground

* Solars are not 'prototype Nobilis'.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

17. - Top - End - #1037

* May not point out this is technically only 2/3rd's of the plot of Mistborn.
    I was actually considering specifying something along those lines, but I couldn't think of a way to make it not clunky.
    In honor of Mr. Sanderson (spoilers for his stuff I guess):

*I may not make all of my plot twists revolve around a mysterious dead wife.
    **Yes, for my sci-fi campaign I can have the plot twist be that the "Unkowable Things from Beyond the Stars" are actually a Pseudo-hivemind of ancient AIs
    ***The secondary plot twist may not be that all of the AIs are actually a digital copy of one guys dead wife.
    ****What do you mean "too late"?
    *****No, the fact that the dimension made entirely out of the essence of dead wife turned evil because of dead husband does not make it better, that's just doubling down.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ettin in the Playground

*I may not make all of my plot twists revolve around a mysterious dead wife.
    **Yes, for my sci-fi campaign I can have the plot twist be that the "Unkowable Things from Beyond the Stars" are actually a Pseudo-hivemind of ancient AIs
    * Not allowed to pull the "Harvey Mudd" thing ever again. No matter what.
    ** Definitely may not have the gem they trapped her ghost in come up for sale.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

* My Dream-souled's Ideal may not be "Everyone should love each other as lesbians"
    ** or "Everything should become cute"
    *** or "everything would be better if all people were catfolk"
    **** may not reshape the world into memes

* May not play a Hearteater Exalted
    ** No not even if I limit my pawns to Fair folk or demons
    *** My ever expanding mind control of all things is not just me showing my love
    **** May not try to justify letting me live to the Sidereal by saying "just let me mind control the gods and I'll work with you to make things run smoothly up there"
    ***** or to the Dragon-Blooded "let me become the new Empress and all your civil war problems will be solved!"
    ****** Talking to the Autochthonians at all is right out
    ******* a little girl Hearteater mind controlling everyone into having tea parties with her is just a horror story in progress.

* My Umbral Exalted's Shadow is not just an excuse to have some Ichigo Kurosaki-esque hollow inside me
    ** The Shadow's Defining Intimacy may not be "Time for EDGE"
    *** or "I'm the coolest"
    **** or "Vengeance"
    ***** or "I'm the ultimate life form"
    ****** or "I must get my revenge on Itachi Uchiha"
    ******* or "Blood For Blood God"
    ******** or "The Ebon Dragon has a point"

20. - Top - End - #1040

* If the only side-effect of gaining a Legendary Artifact for free is our airship suddenly sprouting a trans-dimensional attic, questioning it is unwise
    ** especially if another party member manages to gain a Faerie Dragon familiar from that same attic
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Titan in the Playground

* My Dream-souled's Ideal may not be "Everyone should love each other as lesbians"
    ** or "Everything should become cute"
    *** or "everything would be better if all people were catfolk"
    **** may not reshape the world into memes
    Hmm, depends, do I get to keep the plumbing down there?

Actually what’s a Dream-souled?
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Hmm, depends, do I get to keep the plumbing down there?

Actually what’s a Dream-souled?
    optionally canonical Exalted from the Exigents preview. Dream-souled are basically the exalted that replaces playable raksha in Ex3. they one of the Apocryphals- three Exalt types that could be canon, could not be. the other two are Umbrals and Hearteaters. the Dream-Souled do a lot of cool Wyld/Fae stuff. course they're charmsets aren't complete, intentionally so, so that people can homebrew them themselves, devs don't have time to make all the Exalt ideas possible.

* may not make an Umbral charm to make my eyes stronger by killing the person I love
    ** may not make an Umbral charm to defend against positive social influence titled "Too Good To Be True"
    *** my charms to detect negative intimacies associated with cynicism and pessimism don't automatically let me find Sidereals
    **** or politicians
    ***** or Guild merchants
    ****** or teenagers
    ******* may not make an Umbral charm to fire sith force lightning at people.

* may not use Dream-Souled charms to turn peoples houses into gingerbread ones to "solve world hunger"
    ** may not use Face-Changing Glamour to put silly illusory appearances on my enemies
    *** using Waking Dream Ephemera just to be petty conwoman selling people things that disappear once the scene ends is distinctly lacking in imagination
    **** my idealized form using Dream Champion's Trance may not take the form of a magical girl
    ***** Nor may it be going Super Saiyan
    ****** may not make Dream-Souled charms to defeat things using the power of friendship
    ******* or love
    ******** my Dream-Souled's Ideal may not be "Turn Creation into a world where the Power of Friendship/Love works".
    ********* making a charm to create magical ponies is right out.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Dwarf in the Playground

* Yes, the listed price for getting 1st level spells cast is 10 gp times the caster level. That does not mean I can pay 20,000 gp for a CL 2000 Skill Enhancement infusion.
    ** I may not Wish for an item with such an infusion active either.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Titan in the Playground

*May no longer trade my clothes for new ones (the tailor liked the cut of my foreign cloth) when it entails my dwarf just dropping his clothes on the floor and putting the new ones on since the tailor didn't have a changing room.
    The other PCs advised my dwarf that being a bit more discreet in the future would be appreciated.
    ** May not encourage the paladin to adopt the turn of phrase "as hairy as a dwarf's backside"
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2022-06-28 at 03:39 PM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

25. - Top - End - #1045

*Slannesh's realm in the Immaterium is not to be described as "a combination of Hellraiser and Jackass"

Omegaupdate Forum

26. - Top - End - #1046

My Superhero costume cannot be a literal fursuit lined with kevlar and ballistic mesh.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Titan in the Playground

* I cannot bring an Eclipse Phase character into any crossover game.
    ** Especially one with science skills.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    *Slannesh's realm in the Immaterium is not to be described as "a combination of Hellraiser and Jackass"
    I don’t know what Jackass is, but Hellraiser sounds fairly accurate for some parts of it.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ettin in the Playground

I don’t know what Jackass is, but Hellraiser sounds fairly accurate for some parts of it.
    I'm pretty sure there's a 24/7/365 speed/death metal concert going on everywhere at the same time too.

30. - Top - End - #1050

I don’t know what Jackass is
    It's a movie and TV franchise that involves a bunch of stuntmen, all of whom are aging bros, doing pranks and stunts that all have some vulgar element to them and generally end up with people getting hit in the groin or covered in excrement or something like that.

And going back to my thing earlier, some of the stuff they do in Jackass could also be a Slannesh type thing, but the wackiness of it wouldn't really mix well with Slannesh as Hellraiser. Like imagine if instead of tearing you apart with spiked chains the cenobites jumped on your groin with a pogo stick, and that big rotating pillar that they nailed people's faces to was in the shape of a giant marital aid, and one of them showed up drunk when the box summoned them, and Pinhead's pins were all messed up and crooked because he put them in while riding in a dune buggy

Omegaupdate Forum