New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing 13: This Is A Banned List Not A Drinking

* A team of four troubleshooters should be assigned more than three laser pistols.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing 13: This Is A Banned List Not A Drinking

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    * A team of four troubleshooters should be assigned more than three laser pistols.
    ** The solution "and a box of random unmarked experiemtal grenades accompanied by 'user experience survey' forms" shall not be used more than twice.

Tho that random Paranoia grenade generator I found was flippin gold and I couldn't use it just once.
    Last edited by Telok; 2022-07-02 at 03:16 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Firbolg in the Playground

*** "Salvage rights on the enemies' equipment" is also not a viable solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Barbarian in the Playground

*If I make a lightfoot halfling bard named Gordon, I'd better know more songs than just "Sundown", "Rainy Day People", and "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    **** Soldiers wanting a plasma pistol like the aliens use shall not be handed a taser and told to go get their own. (X-COM: Enemy Unknown).

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    **** All recovered equipment must be returned in perfect condition.

Although, honestly, my first plan is still to assign them an item above their security clearance and wait for them to use it. Then the terrorist mutant traitor will explode and everybody else can get on with the mission.

Plus a live grenade, but with like an incredibly long fuse.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Colossus in the Playground

I can't release several hundred scores each of xenomorphs, Indominus rexes, tribbles, and mogwai/gremlins at random locations on Zeerus and come back eight hundred years later to see what happened.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #1058

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I can't release several hundred scores each of xenomorphs, Indominus rexes, tribbles, and mogwai/gremlins at random locations on Zeerus and come back eight hundred years later to see what happened.
    ... if you did that while I was DMing, you'd get back and find nothing at all, except scattered, decaying evidence of a sophisticated space program.

* Punching an ornithopter into splinters in one round is still not the best way to convince my DM that monks aren't overpowered (really not sure what's up with that one, it just seems like monks are my DM's kryptonite )
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ettin in the Playground

Apparently the DM is more willing to consider a ninja T-Rex homebrew than a normal as written in the rules kender wildmage.... still... and its been decades since the last kender... that wasn't even me...

10. - Top - End - #1060

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    Apparently the DM is more willing to consider a ninja T-Rex homebrew than a normal as written in the rules kender wildmage.... still... and its been decades since the last kender... that wasn't even me...
    Understandable honestly. I’d rather have a pyrohydra PC at my table than allow Kender to exist in a setting
    Native Sha'ir enthusiast. NO GENIE WARLOCK DOESNT COUNT!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky McDibben View Post
    I am unburdened of my salt, and I rise like a bland-ass potato chip from the ashes of my discontent.
    Rate my homebrew: https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...&postcount=323

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jervis View Post
    Understandable honestly. I’d rather have a pyrohydra PC at my table than allow Kender to exist in a setting
    It's GMs like you stopping me from playing a Kender Paladin. All because I need a steady supply of people to borrow powers from.

* I cannot base any character on the main characters of DIE.
    ** Especially if I can get Dictator powers to work as reliably as the comic's

Show

12. - Top - End - #1062

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    ... if you did that while I was DMing, you'd get back and find nothing at all, except scattered, decaying evidence of a sophisticated space program.

* Punching an ornithopter into splinters in one round is still not the best way to convince my DM that monks aren't overpowered (really not sure what's up with that one, it just seems like monks are my DM's kryptonite )
    In fairness, an Ornithopter is just an 0/2.

*In a Ravnica campaign, may not take the flaw "Convinced everyone else is Lazav, the Multifarious"
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    In fairness, an Ornithopter is just an 0/2.

*In a Ravnica campaign, may not take the flaw "Convinced everyone else is Lazav, the Multifarious"
    ** May not argue that if believing it is not a flaw, it means it is actually the truth.
    *** Now, I may not doubt not being Lazav, the Multifarious.(yes, you are lazav, I am lazav, everybody is lazav)
    Last edited by noob; 2022-07-07 at 11:28 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

Tl;dr please.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Tl;dr please.
    Lazav the multifarious is a magic the gathering character that can take the shape of any dead.
    Of course paranoia arises, "did this guy die and get replaced by lazav?" "is everybody dead and is there is only lazav left pretending to be each person in turn"
    Last edited by noob; 2022-07-07 at 01:26 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

Well that sounds frighteningly strong.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

17. - Top - End - #1067

It was also a bit of a running gag in the community for a while, to just answer "It was actually Lazav the Multifarious" to any question about a character.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ettin in the Playground

Turns out I'm not allowed to describe Mork Borg as a light-hearted comedy game. Also, I'm getting some funny looks now.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    "is everybody dead and is there is only lazav left pretending to be each person in turn"
    So they're Alpharias?

Show

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Firbolg in the Playground

The medieval style pictoral pub signs on the taverns may not depict any of the following obscene rebuses:
    *A juggling rooster
    *A rooster being devoured by a cat
    *a kaiju rooster
    *two chickadees perched upon a donkey
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2022-07-09 at 01:58 AM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

21. - Top - End - #1071

The pre-existing ban against running a Pizza Hut out of the TARDIS extends to McDonald's, Dairy Queen, Hardees, and Applebees.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Titan in the Playground

* I cannot put Spook Juice in drinks dispensers.

Show

23. - Top - End - #1073

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    Lazav the multifarious is a magic the gathering character that can take the shape of any dead.
    Of course paranoia arises, "did this guy die and get replaced by lazav?" "is everybody dead and is there is only lazav left pretending to be each person in turn"
    Actually, while his card only does dead things, he is just a powerful, influential shapeshifter. He doesn't have to be disguised as someone dead, or even someone who ever existed. On the other hand, he is likely to have someone killed before he disguises himself as them.

*Yes, there is such a thing as "too Vorthos".

*In an Eldraine campaign, I may not take the flaw "Convinced everyone else is an elk."

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

some more Exalted ones:
    * the first ever meeting of the Althing Infernal's first order of business may not be: "Screw the Realm!"
    ** The vote may not be a unanimous "aye"
    *** the second order of business may not be "First Circle Demon Rights"
    **** namely that they should have some
    ***** Infernal Sorcerers are allowed to summon First Circle demons unbound into Creation as long they pay them
    ****** and as long as the pay does not violate the rights of mortals
    ******* Infernal Sorcerers are not allowed however to summon Second/Third Circles unbound, ever.

* May not make a Chosen of Determination Exigent and they may not have a glowing red heart
    ** May not make a Chosen of Undecided or Indecision
    *** May not make a Chosen of Better Than Solars
    **** especially if its just to get Third Circle Sorcery at character creation
    ***** The Chosen of Pie's combat ability is not Thrown
    ****** Their anima does not consist of various pies and the scent of a freshly baked ones
    ******* May not defeat the gods by throwing pies at them....even if they are poisoned
    ******** May not craft an artifact pie that returns to and reforms in my hand.

* My Penumbra Caste Infernal may not be a merchant trying to sell tulips
    ** May not progress to selling tulip seeds
    *** or selling papers saying you own a certain tulip that has not sprouted yet
    **** may not go further and market it as a "tulip lottery"
    *****or "tulip gacha"
    ****** or sell them in "tulip booster packs"
    ******* May not just all be a scheme to make the Realm's citizens waste their money on tulips while making money to fund my armed rebellion against it
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

25. - Top - End - #1075

* My Penumbra Caste Infernal may not be a merchant trying to sell tulips
    ** May not progress to selling tulip seeds
    *** or selling papers saying you own a certain tulip that has not sprouted yet
    **** may not go further and market it as a "tulip lottery"
    *****or "tulip gacha"
    ****** or sell them in "tulip booster packs"
    ******* May not just all be a scheme to make the Realm's citizens waste their money on tulips while making money to fund my armed rebellion against it
    A packet of tulip seeds is just a randomized tulip booster pack. In fact, all of plant sales is just a form of unlegislated gambling! In this essay...
    Last edited by Personification; 2022-07-11 at 11:48 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Dwarf in the Playground

* I may not advance my social standing by using a Ride check to ride the coattails of someone else.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jervis View Post
    * No, Jawas are not "Space Kender"
    ** A Jawa engineer who disassembles and 'rehomes' anything not sufficiently bolted down is still banned, though.
    *** Sufficiently bolted down does not depend on my Mechanic check
    *May not make an "Ever-Replenishing Deck of Many Things" that never runs out of cards
    ** May not make it a cursed item that binds itself to you when you pick it up
    *** May not make it so that you can only get rid of it by deceiving others into buying it from you in a dishonest trade.
    **** May not make it try to compel you to draw a card from it with a will save once every day.

28. - Top - End - #1078

Quote Originally Posted by DCraw View Post
    ** A Jawa engineer who disassembles and 'rehomes' anything not sufficiently bolted down is still banned, though.
    *** Sufficiently bolted down does not depend on my Mechanic check
    ****There is no Clarke-British Postulate stating that any sufficiently bolted down object is indistinguishable from set dressing.
    *****There is no corollary to the Clarke-British Postulate stating that any sufficiently analyzed set dressing is indistinguishable from loot.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DCraw View Post
    Cackled, I did.

* May not name my next Jawa PC Chopshop.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

30. - Top - End - #1080

Grinding up and snorting the Infinity Stones will kill me, not make me all-powerful.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks