New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing 13: This Is A Banned List Not A Drinking

* Despite the 2 year old child having dinosaur pajamas and being bribeable with sugar-free mints, I may not put the party up against Godzilla just because I have a "mini" to put on the battle mat.

** Not even if I give Godzilla stats.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing 13: This Is A Banned List Not A Drinking

* Cats do inflict an INT penalry on all nearby humans.
    ** No, the group agrees, it's just me who gets one.
    *** I must stop trying to feed tuna steak to the GM's pet.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2021-05-30 at 02:56 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    * Despite the 2 year old child having dinosaur pajamas and being bribeable with sugar-free mints, I may not put the party up against Godzilla just because I have a "mini" to put on the battle mat.

** Not even if I give Godzilla stats.
    "Godzilla does not have a 5 line stat block including "if it is not aspirin it is immune to it" nor should it include "the lazer it fires with its mouth destroys anything it hits unless it is a giant monster that is hit in which case it still suffers horribly" and it should not have "godzilla does grapples and maul at random the closest giant creature or buildings".
    **No I may not call oxygen killer aspirin.
    Last edited by noob; 2021-05-30 at 03:03 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    "Godzilla does not have a 5 line stat block including "if it is not aspirin it is immune to it" nor should it include "the lazer it fires with its mouth destroys anything it hits unless it is a giant monster that is hit in which case it still suffers horribly" and it should not have "godzilla does grapples and maul at random the closest giant creature or buildings".
    **No I may not call oxygen killer aspirin.
    Hey now, the Super-X took a number of direct hits over at least two films and the crews never suffered anything but off-screen cancer.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Colossus in the Playground

*There is no conceivable way that enough chlorine trifluoride to cause an explosion equivalent in size to a 50 kiloton nuclear weapon can be stuffed into a shell for a man-portable weapon.
    **Even if I can survive the blast.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    *There is no conceivable way that enough chlorine trifluoride to cause an explosion equivalent in size to a 50 kiloton nuclear weapon can be stuffed into a shell for a man-portable weapon.
    **Even if I can survive the blast.
    How big is 50 kilotons again? And I presume as scary chlorine trifluoride would be, it's still not nuclear-tier scary?
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    How big is 50 kilotons again? And I presume as scary chlorine trifluoride would be, it's still not nuclear-tier scary?
    A 50 kiloton yield is equal to 50 million kg of TNT.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2021-05-31 at 12:28 PM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    A 50 kiloton yield is equal to 50 million kg of TNT.
    Well that's big, but it's so big it's hard to wrap my head around it.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

9. - Top - End - #99

The bomb dropped on Nagasaki was 21 kilotons, so lowball estimate would put the damage radius at about 19047.6 feet away from the point of detonation, or 38095.2 feet across.

So about 41 square miles, rounding up. Or 106.19 square kilometers, if you prefer.

Chlorine trifluoride can burn sand, water, asbestos, concrete, brick, and ash. It reacts explosively with water, oxidizes better than oxygen, and unless I'm mistaken its burning creates toxic byproducts capable of cause severe chemical burns, permanent brain damage, bone jellification, and death so if the fire doesn't kill you...

This is a "screw everything in this general area" type weapon.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

The bomb dropped on Nagasaki was 21 kilotons, so lowball estimate would put the damage radius at about 19047.6 feet away from the point of detonation, or 38095.2 feet across.

So about 41 square miles, rounding up. Or 106.19 square kilometers, if you prefer.

Chlorine trifluoride can burn sand, water, asbestos, concrete, brick, and ash. It reacts explosively with water, oxidizes better than oxygen, and unless I'm mistaken its burning creates toxic byproducts capable of cause severe chemical burns, permanent brain damage, bone jellification, and death so if the fire doesn't kill you...

This is a "screw everything in this general area" type weapon.
    So, is that more nasty than nuclear fallout or not then? I imagine it'd just be easier to make a 50 kiloton nuke than a 50 kiloton chlorine trifluroide bomb, and not just because of how hard making the bomb only exploding when you want it to.

Extended sig here.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

* Fallout: Chlorine Trifluoride will never catch on

* My Fallout game cannot have the continents south of the equator relatively fine compared to the continents north of the equator
    ** especially not to the point where Brazil has somehow become a powerful empire greater than the NCR.
    *** Brazil cannot attack with tamed mutated animals from the amazon which has somehow both survived and become a deadly superjungle.
    **** Australia may not somehow be worse than how Australia already is.
    ***** the idea of Fallout of the Caribbean will never catch on
    ****** especially since it involves pirates sailing the seas wielding rippers and speaking in stereotypical pirate accents despite being dressed like raiders and plundering mostly soda.
    ******* My character may not be a hyper-intelligent deathclaw
    ******** Texa may not return as the Lone Star Empire, and it may not seek the Alamo because its descendants have long forgotten what that is and think "Remember the Alamo" is a phrase to make sure to seek out some hidden lost paradise without radiation.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

12. - Top - End - #102
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, is that more nasty than nuclear fallout or not then? I imagine it'd just be easier to make a 50 kiloton nuke than a 50 kiloton chlorine trifluroide bomb, and not just because of how hard making the bomb only exploding when you want it to.
    Considering that the most ever ClF3 known to have been made is between 30 and 50 metric tonnes (at which point Nazi Germany decided "Yeah, this stuff is too dangerous and uncontrollable."), making a thousand times that is likely to be iffy at best.

And based on my limited understanding, nuclear fallout lasts a lot longer and is a lot weirder, but in the short term, pretty much everything in the general vicinity of a major chlorine trifluoride incident is so far beyond screwed that it's not even funny. The government-issue safe-handling guidelines are literally 'in case of incident, run away' (albeit in more bureaucratic language).

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    Considering that the most ever ClF3 known to have been made is between 30 and 50 metric tonnes (at which point Nazi Germany decided "Yeah, this stuff is too dangerous and uncontrollable."), making a thousand times that is likely to be iffy at best.

And based on my limited understanding, nuclear fallout lasts a lot longer and is a lot weirder, but in the short term, pretty much everything in the general vicinity of a major chlorine trifluoride incident is so far beyond screwed that it's not even funny. The government-issue safe-handling guidelines are literally 'in case of incident, run away' (albeit in more bureaucratic language).
    Fifty kiloton as in blast yield TNT equivalent, though ClF3 is specifically not useful for this because it is an oxidizer rather than a combustible. You'd be building a weird inversion of a thermobaric device where you're trying to aerosolize stuff that causes things to burst into flame in a fashion that will lead to an actual detonation which... Just isn't really a thing. You'd be way better off crop-dusting with it, go ahead and openly rub in the massive fluorine fires.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

* Any plan which involves my mind ending up in one of Giger's Xenomorphs is a bad plan.
    ** As is any backstory which contains such an event.
    *** Yes, even in a supers game.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

* When designing a game, may not use 'foe number' as a game term.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newtkeeper View Post
    Dude, we're geeks. Overanalysis is our job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingel View Post
    You are funny, ideasmith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadskye View Post
    I really like the way the Awareness school came about. I created a Detection subschool, which you reinterpreted into a conceptually distinct Awareness subschool. Then I misinterpreted what you meant and created yet another conceptually (slightly) distinct Awareness subschool. Teamwork!
    My Extended Signature

16. - Top - End - #106
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    Fifty kiloton as in blast yield TNT equivalent, though ClF3 is specifically not useful for this because it is an oxidizer rather than a combustible. You'd be building a weird inversion of a thermobaric device where you're trying to aerosolize stuff that causes things to burst into flame in a fashion that will lead to an actual detonation which... Just isn't really a thing. You'd be way better off crop-dusting with it, go ahead and openly rub in the massive fluorine fires.
    Not sure if I'm missing something, here (honestly asking), but ClF3 was under consideration as a rocket fuel, which means that it has some kind of 'bang' to it, no? I've posted this video before, and it looks like it's exploding with considerable force, given that I'm pretty sure it's only a few drops each time.

That being said, chlorine trifluoride is some of the nastiest crap I've ever heard of- if it doesn't set you on fire, dissolve you, poison you, stop your heart, or whatever else... it's also at least moderately carcinogenic.

All that aside...

* I am no longer allowed to abuse Mass Suggestion
    ** Removing targets' object permanence and then casting Darkness is abusing Mass Suggestion.

* Casting Maze on a target, then creating a portal in the target's space that leads to a private demiplane that is an exact duplicate of the maze is no longer allowed.
    ** Having an illusion of a third identical maze covering the demiplane is just mean.
    *** No, the object of the game is not to traumatize elder evils in as creative a fashion as possible.

* While using a combination nearly two dozen bags of holding full of water, mechanical traps to invert them, and a Resilient Sphere to smash an enemy to jelly with water pressure is technically a solution, it's a long way to go for a pun.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    Not sure if I'm missing something, here (honestly asking), but ClF3 was under consideration as a rocket fuel, which means that it has some kind of 'bang' to it, no? I've posted this video before, and it looks like it's exploding with considerable force, given that I'm pretty sure it's only a few drops each time.
    You actually don't want "bang" from your rocket fuel, makes optimizing the reaction rate a much more complicated process. Rocket fuel deflagrates, which is to say it burns quickly to produce high pressure and temperature gasses. The classic "soda bottle fountain" setup operates on the same principal, except that it's a fluid dynamic process instead of a chemical one; You do something that generates high-pressure gasses (releasing dissolved CO2 in the bottle, combining an oxidizer with a propellant in the rocket), and to get something to move you release this pressure. The concern of a rocket is energy density, not rate of burn.

You want some rapidity to overpower gravity so you can get off the ground, but this is one of many reasons for booster stages. All the talk of "ion drives" is entirely about thrust-to-weight ratio, you use miniscule specs of plasma at high speeds for mere grams of reaction mass to be technically hundreds of times more energy dense than chemical propellant over the course of a years-long trip with a glacial trickle of solar power.

Meanwhile, when speaking of "high explosives", they're single unstable compounds that will react with themselves under pressure to decompose so rapidly that the atmosphere cannot move out of the way of the expanding gases, and pressure-sensitive enough that they're set off by the shockwave of their primer and chain-react from there.

Here's a video that demonstrates the difference with black powder and semtex, notably including a demonstration of the difference between semtex simply burning and it properly detonating. When you want a shockwave you need fast, so it has been settled on having explosives that chain react with their own pressure rather than heat or byproducts, because this is ludicrously faster than thermal reactions or contact reactions, allowing for a far higher pressure shockwave as the end result.
    Last edited by Morphic tide; 2021-06-02 at 12:25 AM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ideasmith View Post
    * When designing a game, may not use 'foe number' as a game term.
    ** When making a game about giants the stats can't be Fi, For, Foe, and Fum.
    *** Smell Englishman should not be the name for Perception.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    * Any plan which involves my mind ending up in one of Giger's Xenomorphs is a bad plan.
    ** As is any backstory which contains such an event.
    *** Yes, even in a supers game.
    *Using Xenomorphs as a surprise enemy in the Dark Sun setting is questionable at best
    **Introducing the Xenomorphs through a cavern full of facehugger eggs in the first session may have been poor form
    ***Especially when one of the PCs got implanted with a xenomorph.
    ****Should probably tell my players I'm going for cosmic/inter-dimensional horror prior to starting the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

20. - Top - End - #110

*I cannot explain to Weyland-Yutani executives that Xenomorphs are useless as weapons because it's demonstrable that they can't be trained and that they die to a strong enough shotgun, therefore their only tactical use would be to drop one in a civilian center and hope it metamorphoses into a queen or otherwise infects a significant portion of the populous before a military response can be launched.
    **Or that t would be faster and more cost-effective to just firebomb the place since you're going to end up having to do hat to prevent the Xenomorphs from getting out and screwing up things for you anyway and would be just as severe a war crime.
    ***Can't continue to point out that studying Xenomorph DNA and biochemistry would probably produce much more profitable results, particularly if they can crack the gene reflux, and that you don't need to capture the Xenomorph alive to do that.

*My superhero origin cannot be 'was implanted by a Face-Hugger which triggered m latent mutant power of an adaptive healing factor causing my now superhuman immune system to kill the embryo and incorporate any and all useful genes and biochemical traits from the parasite into my own genome causing my body to start producing acidic blood which slowly ate away at my flesh which then generated into xenomorph-human hybrid tissues that then further adapted to become more acid-resistant that xenomorph tissues.'
    **Especially if the net result is "hot chick that looks like she's wearing form-fitting xenomorph themed armor everywhere except for her head until you notice the tail."
    ***Cannot projectile-vomit my own corrosive blood.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    *Using Xenomorphs as a surprise enemy in the Dark Sun setting is questionable at best
    **Introducing the Xenomorphs through a cavern full of facehugger eggs in the first session may have been poor form
    ***Especially when one of the PCs got implanted with a xenomorph.
    ****Should probably tell my players I'm going for cosmic/inter-dimensional horror prior to starting the game.
    To be fair they aren't that much more dangerous than a standard Athasian animal, and their camouflage won't work in the environment. Honestly the biggest problem is the acid blood, mainly due to how trade materials for good ranged weapons are.

Also, despite what Rater says Xenomorphs are pretty well defended against small arms fire (going by Aliens at least) although not impervious, and despite what even official sources say in the films are even better defended against heat and fire (at least two survive the drives of ships meant to achieve orbit). Also while a good shotgun blast can take one down you also have to be far enough away to avoid the avid blood splattering on you. They're still not suitable as weapons, which is why I like the 'evolved in a really weird place' origin, but it's not the the USCMC sent a bunch of complete incompetents either.

Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

To be fair they aren't that much more dangerous than a standard Athasian animal, and their camouflage won't work in the environment. Honestly the biggest problem is the acid blood, mainly due to how trade materials for good ranged weapons are.
    That's what I felt, and why I homebrewed them in. My players reacted very entertainingly paranoid about them and was well worth the inclusion.
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

23. - Top - End - #113

I mean, sure, you want xenomorph genetics, but I can't help but feel what you really want is the magic super Acid that eats several times its own volume in metal without even leaving any residue.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

24. - Top - End - #114

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    I mean, sure, you want xenomorph genetics, but I can't help but feel what you really want is the magic super Acid that eats several times its own volume in metal without even leaving any residue.
    That falls under biochemistry.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    That's what I felt, and why I homebrewed them in. My players reacted very entertainingly paranoid about them and was well worth the inclusion.
    I mean people will have different reactions, but yeah, even in the Alien movies the deadliness and intelligence of Xenomorphs range wildly. But take away their camouflage and you've taken one of it's bigger advantages, and it's even easier if you can lure them into an open space.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    I mean, that depends. It's like when my character made that universal solvent, didn't really have anything to keep it in...

What you really, really want is the heat resistant exoskeleton and ability to survive without breathing. Especially since the exoskeleton seems to be something that can actually hold that superacid.

Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

I mean people will have different reactions, but yeah, even in the Alien movies the deadliness and intelligence of Xenomorphs range wildly. But take away their camouflage and you've taken one of it's bigger advantages, and it's even easier if you can lure them into an open space.
    They first showed up in an unexplored cave system the party was using to infiltrate an unsuspecting fort on top of a mesa. Was very entertained that by the end of the session I'd say, "You hear..." and before I could finish my description everyone is hollering "I roll perception!" and madly rolling their dice. One of the planned future adventures was going to be in a jungle environment, where the characters would be sorely unfamiliar with the terrain and the aliens added in for good measure. Sadly the group fell apart due to having to head back to college.

Back on topic:
    *May not use dimensional rifts as an attempt to pull off Planescape with the serial numbers filed off.
    *When using Planescape as a setting, not allowed to have the party working for Aoskar.
    **Especially when the end goal will put the party most definitely at odds with The Lady of Pain.
    ***Wanting to see what mad shenanigans the party will pull to survive The Lady of Pain is not really a good justification for the above.
    ****When the party realizes what you're up to and are on board for it, may not add risking the physical stability of Sigil to the mix just to keep it interesting.

27. - Top - End - #117

*In a DC Superheroes game, I cannot propose to my NPC girlfriend by letting her have her choice of one from a full set of Lantern Corp Power Rigns.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

*In a DC Superheroes game, I cannot propose to my NPC girlfriend by letting her have her choice of one from a full set of Lantern Corp Power Rigns.
    I'll be the first to admit I don't know jack about these, but wouldn't they either not work that well or backfire horribly one way or another? I think the first three colors are based on negative emotions and the others aren't exactly foolproof either.

Extended sig here.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

I'll be the first to admit I don't know jack about these, but wouldn't they either not work that well or backfire horribly one way or another? I think the first three colors are based on negative emotions and the others aren't exactly foolproof either.
    To be exact:
    Spoiler: Bad Idea Rings
    Show
    -Red is Rage, so bad idea. also its parasitic
    -Orange is Greed and is only used by one guy because he is so greedy he won't share the power if I recall, so you can't even GET one, and if you could, its parasitic.
    -Yellow is fear and thus bad, and is the most common enemy to the green lanterns
    -Green is Willpower and while potentially heroic, the girlfriend has to be strong willed for it to work.
    -Blue is Hope! Unfortunately, while Hope is the most powerful emotion, it also doesn't work without the willpower to make it happen, so it would only grant Flight and a protective aura if not near a green lantern
    -Indigo is compassion, yay! unfortunately because compassion is one of the rarest emotions, using it blocks out all emotions other than compassion so as to use it at all without running out of energy, making it parasitic as well
    -Violet is Love! D'aaaaaw. Except now she is apart of the Star Sapphires, which is an all female Lantern Corp dedicated to spreading love but also taking revenge against males throughout the universe, also they use the rings to brainwash female villains into being good. Have fun with that.

** Proposing with The One Ring is an even worse idea than all of these
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

30. - Top - End - #120

The point is more than using a weapon of mass destruction as a wedding ring is a no-no.

Though, for the record: Each color has an emotion or mental attribute that you have to feel, understand, or be able to inspire in others to use the ring properly. The further away you are from the middle of the spectrum, the more you're influenced to be in that state of mind, but with training, you can resit and control those compulsions.

Red is based on Rage: Notably, Red Rings are based on shamanistic alien Blood MAgic rather than the advanced technology of other Lanter Cores. Red Rings replace all of your blood with a red plasma that functions as blood, but you can also projectile vomit it as a breath weapon that both burns like fire and corrodes like acid. Originally, it also put you in a berserk rage, but this is later revealed to be a separate spell and removed.

With training and rituals, the Red Lanterns can generate energy constructs like Green Lanterns, but that may or may not retain the destructive potential of the Red Plasma.

The downside is obvious: You can't give up your ring or let it run out of charge under normal circumstances or you will die from blood loss. There are ways around this, but it usually requires you to have the help of, or immediately become, the wielder of a blue or violet ring.

Note: The Rage and Hatred that resoantes wth the Red Light can't just be base anger. Just being really angry all the time for no reason doesn't work, being angry at circumstances you've never experienced doesn't work, and tha hatred that a bigot feels against their targets of choice explicitly doesn't work because it's born of fear and ignronace.

For a Red Lantern, the most effective form of Rage is the Rage felt by those who have personally experienced a deep loss or severe injustice. You were thrown headfirst into a vast ocean of despair and came out kicking and screaming and cussing on the other side.

Orange is tied to Avarice: It requires someone to have a great desire and induces Great Greed and Gluttony in the host. Orange can create small barriers from light, but the true power of the Orange Ring is that it can take things and make them yours: Like say, the souls of people you kill, which are used to animate constructs composed of Orange Light who operate as a hivemind under your command with all of the powers of the original.

It can also absorb types of energy and store them in the ring for later use, and hold up to 1,000,000% of a charge of Light(sing the other rings' standard capacity as a baseline)

Yellow is based on your understanding of and ability to inspire Fear. It has all the same powers as the Green Lantern Ring, but can also allow you to probe someone's mind and project an image of their worst fear.

The Green Lantern Ring is technically based on Courage(which is part of why Yellow is a weakness to various degrees), but being at the exact middle of the Spectrum means that you really only need Raw Force of Will, thug naturally there's a great overlap between the brave and those of great Willpower.

It's not the most powerful, but being more or less the easiest to use there's nothing to get in the way and there's almost nothing you can't do with green constructs. With enough charge, willpower, and creativity, green ring can warp reality to a degree that the other colors can't match due to the indosyncricities.

Blue is Hope, both your hope and your ability to instill it in others. Blue is the most powerful color, but by itself, it can only project forcefields and generate hope-inspiring images. However, it causes interactions with other colors, most notable, when wielded alongside a green ring, or when a Blue and Green Lantern Work Together, the Blue Ring gains all the powers of a Green Ring while also powering up the Green Ring.

Indigo is the light of Compassion. It can make constructs, but it can also manipulate the other colors to a limited degree and force empathy on people: Notably, the Indigo Tribe consists almost entirely of sociopaths and psychopaths who use the purple light to give themselves a proper range of emotions and the ability to connect with people on an emotional level.

Violet is based on Love. It's similar to yellow in that it has all the same powers as Green but with emotion manipulating abilities, but direct exposure has a tendency to drive people literally Love-Crazy. The Star Sapphires started using Rings specifically to avoid that.

Black and White technically embodied the entire spectrum, but are more closely tied to Death and Life, respectively. Most Black Lanterns are either corpse reanimated by a Black Power Ring or someone who died and came back being taken over by one. The Black Light replicates and/or enhances the abilities and tools of the original, and the only way to destroy a Black Lantern zombie, or free someone being controlled by a Black Ring, is to destroy the Black Ring, which can be done by blasting them with a White Ring, or with a Green Ring and one other color in perfect synch.

They charge up by ripping the hearts out of people who are experiencing a particularly intense emotion at that moment or shortly beforehand.

White, Comparatively, is just... The combined abilities of the Seven Standard Rings but stronger, plus control over life and the elements.

There are also some minor rings, like one that changes color based on what emotion the User is feeling at the time and I've seen mentions of Ultraviolet and Infrared rings but I don't know what the deal is with those is.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks