New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haley's secret

1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Haley's secret

Quote Originally Posted by Mariele View Post
    I was actually thinking of this one, specifically, and you can see that her hair is the exact same shade as a little girl. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by arimareiji View Post
    Huh. I'd lean toward "the Giant changed the shading to reflect the lighting", but since that one has Haley saying her mom died a year ago it's possible that she aged into her true hair color (per the previous link about those genes not always really kicking in until puberty).
    Possibly interesting/amusing: Stumbled across this one from the cryptogram arc, which shows Haley's personalities with a number of hair colors according to their nature. And young (innocent/trusting?) Haley is still a ginger.
    "Just a Sec Mate" avatar courtesy of Gengy. I'm often somewhere between it, and this gif. (^_~)
    Founding (and so far, only) member of the Greyview Appreciation Society
    "Only certainty in life: When icy jaws of death come, you will not have had enough treats. Nod. Get treat."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Haven't we already figured out that she's Redcloak's half aasimar niece? Whatever an aasimar is
    Quote Originally Posted by woweedd View Post
    Uh, excuse me, what?
    Tenth panel.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

I think the "excuse me, what?" was more because of the implication of "I'm not exactly what you would call female" being written off because of Elan or Eugene having seen her genitalia and not having made any blatantly transphobic remarks on the topic because apparently that's what we should expect. The comment did come across as transphobic to me.
    Last edited by hroşila; 2021-05-26 at 03:47 AM.
    ungelic is us

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, that makes sense.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by hroşila View Post
    I think the "excuse me, what?" was more because of the implication of "I'm not exactly what you would call female" being written off because of Elan or Eugene having seen her genitalia and not having made any blatantly transphobic remarks on the topic because apparently that's what we should expect. The comment did come across as transphobic to me.

Can I yawn strongly enough to express my feelings regarding this? Probably not.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I don't think a character needs to be transphobic to notice that kind of thing. And it's not exactly a secret that Elan is bad at staying quiet about things. Hell, the latest update shows him having some serious trouble remaining silent while waiting.

Applying a penalty to Perception checks when a character is indifferent to whatever it is their Perception check is meant to pick up on would be an interesting mechanic but might encourage players to give their characters some questionable personalities.

EDIT:
    On a slightly more serious note, I think I remember Rich saying that the story arc where Roy was turned into a girl was one of the few times where he had to deal with fan mail telling him the comic actually caused people significant distress, with as consequence that he's staying the hell away from trans stuff because he doesn't trust himself to write it in a way which doesn't upset trans people.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

They might notice because they have eyes. But anyone (including Haley herself) saying something to the effect of "Haley isn't exactly what you would call female" would still be a problem.
    ungelic is us

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

The Mod on the Silver Mountain: Closed permanently.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2021-05-27 at 10:38 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2