Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: I Can't Believe It's Not An Index CCXXXIII - Jasdoif's Random Banter #233

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Wish I could spare some cash to send your way.

and Super Mario Sunshine! Very funto play, very infuriating to think about the storyline of.

The fracking trial scene, peeps. Either Isle Delfino is part of the Mushroom Kingdom and the judge overruled an objection from their absolute monarch
    I, for one, enjoy separation of powers.
    Last edited by Peelee; Yesterday at 06:15 PM.
    Spoiler: Avatar by always-awesome Cuthalion
    Show
    Spoiler: Come down with fire
    Show
    Spoiler: Lift my spirit higher
    Show
    Spoiler: Someone's screaming my name
    Show
    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.
    Quote Originally Posted by pearl jam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hrožila View Post
    Peelee's genius status confirmed
    Seconded.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: I Can't Believe It's Not An Index CCXXXIII - Jasdoif's Random Banter #233

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I, for one, enjoy separation of powers.
    That's not the point.

The point is that not only was Mario screwed over, but that said screw over is the kind of ting that either gets your province cracked down on hard by the centralized government(if the Isle is part of Peach's kingdom) or a major international incident(if it's not.)

I mean, what's the point of being an absolute monarch if you can't stop your boyfriend from being royally ****ed over in a sham trial with no evidence, no opportunity for him to defend himself or be defended by others, when you have objective proof that he literally just got there and thus physically could not have committed the crimes in question?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here

Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, what's the point of being an absolute monarch if you can't stop your boyfriend from being royally ****ed over in a sham trial with no evidence, no opportunity for him to defend himself or be defended by others, when you have objective proof that he literally just got there and thus physically could not have committed the crimes in question?
    Um excuse me Rater, Mario Odyssey goes against Mario being her boyfriend:
    Spoiler
    Show
    she turned him down when he offered her flowers in the final scene along with Bowser remember?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #514

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Um excuse me Rater, Mario Odyssey goes against Mario being her boyfriend:
    Spoiler
    Show
    she turned him down when he offered her flowers in the final scene along with Bowser remember?
    I mean, he proposed marriage immediately after she was almost forced to marry Bowser.

Anyone would be turned down in that circumstance.

Beyond that, even if they're not romantic partners he's still a close personal friend of the Mushroom Kingdom's absolute monarch and a world famous hero beyond that. He is exactly the kind of person that you handle the trial of by the book.

If someone with absolute political power objects to you railroading someone and tries to speak in their defense, you let them talk. If the Ilse is part of the mushroom Kingdom, Peach has the authority to override the entire trial and shut it down. If it's not, then is how Wars get started.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Well yeah, your right Rater, like a lot of times.

but all this rests on the dubious assumption that logic applies to the Mario universe, which I feel I can make a very good case against.

6. - Top - End - #516

That's not the point.

The point is that not only was Mario screwed over, but that said screw over is the kind of ting that either gets your province cracked down on hard by the centralized government(if the Isle is part of Peach's kingdom) or a major international incident(if it's not.)

Assume, for the moment, that Isle Delfino is indeed in the Mushroom Kingdom. The fact that the judge can overrule Princess Peach means that she is not, in fact, an absolute monarch, and that there is a separation of powers (executive vs judiciary, at the very least). Which is very much the point of my little joke.
    Last edited by Peelee; Yesterday at 06:47 PM.
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    If anyone has a crayon drawing they would like to put on the Kickstarter Reward Collection Thread, PM me.
    Seconded.

7. - Top - End - #517

Assume, for the moment, that Isle Delfino is indeed in the Mushroom Kingdom. The fact that the judge can overrule Princess Peach means that she is not, in fact, an absolute monarch, and that there is a separation of powers (executive vs judiciary, at the very least). Which is very much the point of my little joke.
    She's treated as having absolute power in other circumstances. In particular, the fact that it's shown time and time again that the entire kingdom stops functioning when she goes missing.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #518

She's treated as having absolute power in other circumstances. In particular, the fact that it's shown time and time again that the entire kingdom stops functioning when she goes missing.
    Do any of the other circumstances involve the judiciary? If not, then she is not an absolute monarch and the government is split into at least two branches, as we are shown ipso facto in Super Mario Sunshine.

ETA: Granted, I've missed a few of the games, but I have yet to see the Mushroom Kingdom functioning to start with.
    Last edited by Peelee; Yesterday at 06:58 PM.
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Seconded.

9. - Top - End - #519

anyway, zodi... I legitimately did not know that you were supposed to use the Village underside during The Goopy Inferno.

I thought the "use the spring to get close and then jump around while we et to clear a path" was the intended solution. Why else would the song be situated so that you can get almost all the wy there by swimming?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Maybe the mushroom kingdom is a constitutional monarchy with a weak head of state mostly with ceremonial powers, so as a result her trying to throw her weight around in a trial had her get smacked down.

It is also possible we are putting way more thought into the inner workings of the Mushroom Kingdoms government than Nintendo did.

Also, I had bison burgers for the first time today. I made them on the grill. They basically tasted like beef, but leaner. Apparently it is lower in calories/fat than ground beef, and better for the environment as a result of being grass fed, so I’d definitely get them again.
    Last edited by Beeftank; Yesterday at 07:34 PM. Reason: Added stuff

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

anyway, zodi... I legitimately did not know that you were supposed to use the Village underside during The Goopy Inferno.

I thought the "use the spring to get close and then jump around while we et to clear a path" was the intended solution. Why else would the song be situated so that you can get almost all the wy there by swimming?
    Mario's design is accessible and very open in how it builds its levels, so while the intended solution is often a bunch of long platforming to test your skill, its famous for having a lot of ways you can trick around this or that or speedrun things if your good. I thought of the spring trick when I played sunshine but ended up doing it the long way because I kept falling into the lava thinking I could pain bounce into a victory. thing is, the long way can actually lead to the spring anyways as well, because its a bunch of nonlinear paths underneath the village and one of the ways up leads to the spring in the center.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

This all rests on the assumption that the Mushroom Kingdom is a major world power in the first place. Some of the events in the Mario and Luigi RPG series hint at it being notable among that world's nations only because of Peach's magical powers, most-to-all of which require the presence and cooperation of either a Star Sprite or a particularly potent Power Star in order to be used at all.
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm.
    Explanation here.

13. - Top - End - #523

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Today I made that order from that one Mika song. Yes, that's right.

Diet Coke and a pizza please.

Sadly nobody got on their knees screaming anything.

But being on a date was lovely, and I'm looking forward to when one of my partners is the new flat. Will need to get in some goat's cheese so I can cook that curry Jeremy taught me.
    That sounds awesome!

Wish I could spare some cash to send your way.

and Super Mario Sunshine! Very funto play, very infuriating to think about the storyline of.

The fracking trial scene, peeps. Either Isle Delfino is part of the Mushroom Kingdom and the judge overruled an objection from their absolute monarch or Isle Defino is a sovereign nation and they royally screwed over a visiting foreign dignitary, and throughout the game, Mario's name is never cleared even though he has eyewitnesses that prove that he physically was not present to commit the crimes... Between that and the complete sham of a trial...

I like ti think that Peach Beach, a racecourse in two Mario Kart titles that is described as Peach's private race course but that is obviously somewhere in Isel Delfino, exists because after the absolutely despicable way her party was treated not an hour short of getting to the island, that Peach just ent an invasion force and annexed the Island as part of her kingdom and converted the capitol into her personal race track to prove a point.

The Pintas and Noki watching the races are cheering because she's a better ruler than the corrupt government she ousted.

I mean, if that's what happens to a world famous hero/boyfriend of a visiting monarch then what the hell are they doing to their own citizens?
    Another important thing to keep in mind is that the only other time we see Pianta's in the series, they're a mafia. It's entirely likely the Isle Delfino is a Hawaiian esque republic with a powerful criminal hive element, thus the brutal court system. Also; considering the fact that the sentance is community service in fixing something that he was going to help with anyway, I feel like the sham trial was just to appease the masses and keep up appearances.

That said the idea of the Mushroom Kingdom annexing Delfino in response to Peach's vacation being ruined is hilarious. Technically it's all Bowser's fault though... or more accurately his kid, who can't be tried since he's a literal child.

Aah, the joys of exploration.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; Yesterday at 08:14 PM.

Back to normal Zodi avatars for awhile.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Another important thing to keep in mind is that the only other time we see Pianta's in the series, they're a mafia. It's entirely likely the Isle Delfino is a Hawaiian esque republic with a powerful criminal hive element, thus the brutal court system. Also; considering the fact that the sentance is community service in fixing something that he was going to help with anyway, I feel like the sham trial was just to appease the masses and keep up appearances.

That said the idea of the Mushroom Kingdom annexing Delfino in response to Peach's vacation being ruined is hilarious. Technically it's all Bowser's fault though... or more accurately his kid, who can't be tried since he's a literal child.
    Problem with mushroom kingdom is that even in the paper mario games, there doesn't seem to be a standing army, just a few toads who act as town or palace guards. if the Mushroom Kingdom had one to enforce such an annex, I doubt they'd have so much trouble with Bowser taking them over all the time. in all honesty, Mushroom Kingdom seems like a kingdom trying to hold to incredibly pacifist ideals next to a warlike kingdom of koopas with bad land. the only reason Mario is able to fight them off is because he is an immigrant from New Donk city, and thus doesn't have the peaceful toad culture like the rest of them.

15. - Top - End - #525

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Problem with mushroom kingdom is that even in the paper mario games, there doesn't seem to be a standing army, just a few toads who act as town or palace guards. if the Mushroom Kingdom had one to enforce such an annex, I doubt they'd have so much trouble with Bowser taking them over all the time. in all honesty, Mushroom Kingdom seems like a kingdom trying to hold to incredibly pacifist ideals next to a warlike kingdom of koopas with bad land. the only reason Mario is able to fight them off is because he is an immigrant from New Donk city, and thus doesn't have the peaceful toad culture like the rest of them.
    So, some points.

1: I think the Mushroom Kingdom's only ever been taken over once, and that's the first game? Every other time it's just kinda like, adjacent issues.

2: The idea that Mario is a strong hero because he lived in New York and as such is the rudest nice boy is ****ING HILARIOUS and thank you for putting that in my brain.

Back to normal Zodi avatars for awhile.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

16. - Top - End - #526

Also, let's be completly honest: In every game where PEach is playable, she's casually outshining Mario.

I'm pretty sure she lets herself get kidnapped because ruling a kingdom is boring and this gets her out of the house.

Why else would the guy who keeps kidnapping her keep getting invited Go-Karting, to al the sports matches, and to game night? It's literally a game to her.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #527

Also, let's be completly honest: In every game where PEach is playable, she's casually outshining Mario.

I'm pretty sure she lets herself get kidnapped because ruling a kingdom is boring and this gets her out of the house.

Why else would the guy who keeps kidnapping her keep getting invited Go-Karting, to al the sports matches, and to game night? It's literally a game to her.
    They are all actors who spend time with each other when not working. Super Mario 3 confirms this. QED.
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Seconded.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    [...]being on a date was lovely[...]

Isn't it though?

The day after my date I took my Mom (who I hadn't seen in over a year) out on a date (lunch and a movie).
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

19. - Top - End - #529

They are all actors who spend time with each other when not working. Super Mario 3 confirms this. QED.
    I'm reasonably certain that that's only confirmed for that one game.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #530

I'm reasonably certain that that's only confirmed for that one game.
    "Confirmed" is an interesting word there.
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Show
    Seconded.