New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: I Can't Believe It's Not An Index CCXXXIII - Jasdoif's Random Banter #233

Hey everyone back from my birthday celebrations. I have a new monitor! its huge! and much better than the old one which was a hand me down. I also got the first volume of Usagi Yojimbo, which I've good things about and hope I'm not disappointed. I am once again, a little sad that this all came at the cost of not attending Zodi's stream, but now I can watch her Vod on this beautiful monitor. also I have this gaming mousepad now thats like, ridiculously long, it goes under my entire keyboard and over the edge of the other side of my desk. it looks cool nevertheless. also I have so much more space on my desktop, the symbols are all on left side now, leaving so much clear. beautiful. can't wait to test this out on actual videogame. but first I got to go test my new headphones on a few of my favorite pieces of music....
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #722
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: I Can't Believe It's Not An Index CCXXXIII - Jasdoif's Random Banter #233

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Hey everyone back from my birthday celebrations. I have a new monitor! its huge! and much better than the old one which was a hand me down. I also got the first volume of Usagi Yojimbo, which I've good things about and hope I'm not disappointed. I am once again, a little sad that this all came at the cost of not attending Zodi's stream, but now I can watch her Vod on this beautiful monitor. also I have this gaming mousepad now thats like, ridiculously long, it goes under my entire keyboard and over the edge of the other side of my desk. it looks cool nevertheless. also I have so much more space on my desktop, the symbols are all on left side now, leaving so much clear. beautiful. can't wait to test this out on actual videogame. but first I got to go test my new headphones on a few of my favorite pieces of music....
    Happy birthday Raziere! And yup, you've now got eight hours total of beautiful Sunshine to watch, so I hope you make the best of that big ole screen

(spoilers the stream was REALLY good this week, and I'm ever so much more excited for next week)

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Happy birthday Raziere! And yup, you've now got eight hours total of beautiful Sunshine to watch, so I hope you make the best of that big ole screen

(spoilers the stream was REALLY good this week, and I'm ever so much more excited for next week)
    Well unfortunately your already past the Chuckster part so......this is the only way I can do this joke:

I'M! A! CHUCKSTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR! *throws you back into your stream*

4. - Top - End - #724
    Titan in the Playground

Rater, I require your weirdly extensive knowledge of comics.

I am working on a supervillain for a campaign whose thing is that she's the unofficial queen of Sin City and am trying to find some fun outfit designs to use as references for a commission.

Not stealing the outfits outright obviously, I'm just really bad at communicating and want to make things as easy as possible for the artist.

5. - Top - End - #725

In regards to Zodi's Mario stream.

It's never really occurred to me, but the sound that's made where Mario takes a step on most surfaces in most of the 3d platformers is a very satisfying tap. Those shoes must be some heavy-duty hard-soled work boots or something.

So I didn't ask last time... Is there a reason for referring to Pianta village as the first level of the game or is it just some inside joke I'm not getting?

Not even ten minutes in and the chat is already making South Park references.

The secret of the village underside is probably the meanest stage in the game. It's a pain in the but to get to the actual secret and then, once you're inside... "I'm a Chuckster!" *throws Mario to his death because you talked to them at a slightly off angle*

I totally approve of cheating in that stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Rater, I require your weirdly extensive knowledge of comics.

I am working on a supervillain for a campaign whose thing is that she's the unofficial queen of Sin City and am trying to find some fun outfit designs to use as references for a commission.

Not stealing the outfits outright obviously, I'm just really bad at communicating and want to make things as easy as possible for the artist.
    When you say Sin City ar you talking about the comic series or about Vegas?

If it's the comic series, I never touched it...

Otherwise, I'd need an idea of wat you're looking for before I could make recomendations.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, Las Vegas.

Looking for an Emphasis on the Gambling, Performance and excess aspects of things.

She looks like a very tall human with a lot of hornet aspects, including inky-black chutin instead of skin, and wings.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    So I didn't ask last time... Is there a reason for referring to Pianta village as the first level of the game or is it just some inside joke I'm not getting?
    It's a joke in that it's one you absolutely aren't supposed to get to until you have one of the later powerups. But, of course, sequence breaking.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

8. - Top - End - #728

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Yeah, Las Vegas.

Looking for an Emphasis on the Gambling, Performance and excess aspects of things.

She looks like a very tall human with a lot of hornet aspects, including inky-black chutin instead of skin, and wings.
    On a scale of one to ten where one is completely human and ten is completely hornet, how "buggy" is her face because that's important.

Otherwise... What do you mean by performance? Magic, acrobatics? Lounge Show?

Otherwise, I don't think there's anything preexisting that's specific about what you want. Most Superhero and Supervillain costumes were based on some kind of performer's outfit.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

On a scale of one to ten where one is completely human and ten is completely hornet, how "buggy" is her face because that's important.

Otherwise... What do you mean by performance? Magic, acrobatics? Lounge Show?

Otherwise, I don't think there's anything preexisting that's specific about what you want. Most Superhero and Supervillain costumes were based on some kind of performer's outfit.
    That is perfectly fair.

And at most like a 2.

More along the lines of a lounge show singer, and an over the top card shark sort of thing.

And I just thought I'd at least bring it up, I like talking to you but rarely ever have anything to talk to you about.

EDIT: A cross between like a queen's outfit and a lounge singer's dress would be neat, with some card symbol designs on it.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2021-06-20 at 12:17 AM.

10. - Top - End - #730

In regards to Zodi's Mario stream.

It's never really occurred to me, but the sound that's made where Mario takes a step on most surfaces in most of the 3d platformers is a very satisfying tap. Those shoes must be some heavy-duty hard-soled work boots or something.

Not even ten minutes in and the chat is already making South Park references.

The secret of the village underside is probably the meanest stage in the game. It's a pain in the but to get to the actual secret and then, once you're inside... "I'm a Chuckster!" *throws Mario to his death because you talked to them at a slightly off angle*

I totally approve of cheating in that stage.When you say Sin City ar you talking about the comic series or about Vegas?
    I make sure to advise the chat to not be QUITE so colourful with their commentary, don't worry

And yeah, like DataNinja said; I noticed while prepping for this that Bianco Hills and Pianta Village both qualify as "a village with pianta in it", and it is in fact quite easy to sequence break up to Pianta Village to do it first, before anything else. So I went with it!

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    It's a joke in that it's one you absolutely aren't supposed to get to until you have one of the later powerups. But, of course, sequence breaking.
    What's fun is that it really isn't that hard a break at all!

11. - Top - End - #731
    Troll in the Playground

What's fun is that it really isn't that hard a break at all!
    Depends if you're doing it for camera or not.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

12. - Top - End - #732

I make sure to advise the chat to not be QUITE so colourful with their commentary, don't worry
    I was referring t to the Tree Fiddy comment, actually.

In the epsidoe The Succubus, where Chef almost gets married to a Succubus, Chef's parents come to town and Chef's father keeps telling stories about his encounters with the Lock Ness monster, which always devolve into the monster trying to scam him out of 3.50, which he pronounces as tree fiddy.

@MysticMuse: Honestly, the closest thing I can think of is the Joker, who's three-piece suit is rather evocative of that kind of performing outfit in some depictions, but other than that...

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Titan in the Playground

No problem, thank you for your time.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    A.) Stardust is A.) Stardust is amazing and everyone who hasn't seen read it should.
    Fixed it for you.

It's one of the most beautiful endings ever, and the film not including it is a crime.

Agreed, that they had a "final fight" instead just added insult to injury.
    I still mostly liked the film though, it was pretty.

In personal news my roommate (the actress who invited me to live with her) said to me this week: "You're like s time capsule, its refreshing", she had her birthday this week and I made corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes for it, she and my other roommate (the teacher) seemed to like it.

The actress did mention a friend of hers who "You should date", to which I said "I don't think that I should be dating anyone who isn't waving as many red flags as me yet".

Meanwhile the florist, my, I guess I'll call her girlfriend, has been having an increasingly hard time with her husband - who she makes sound monstrous, red flags a plenty, still I like her and given the parade of flags I'm carrying I can't cast stones. She keeps asking me if I'm sure that I want a second date, and for our first date we, instead of the usual "This is why I'm impressive" talking that I remember of dating in my 20's, we both (now in our 50's) led with "This is why you may want to walk away from me" and told each other the worst things about ourselves - we're both pretty damaged people.

I've now got a routine of pretending to go to work (though I did actually go to work and delivered the usual cookies and donuts I bring on Friday's), do some shopping and moving stuff into the new place (I bought a DVD player and watched the 1960 film "The Apartment"; on it, my roommate says she has similar tastes and wants to watch old movies together with me) and then I return to my wife's house, often taking the little one to a playground.

It's a weird twilight I'm living in.

My birthday is in less than a week and I can't help but think of the contrast with last year when before my birthday in 2020 I was still hopeful, and heartbroken afterwards.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

WRT Stardust I was talking more about
    Spoiler
    Show
    the change to a happy every after instead of the novel's very bittersweet ending
    than the addition of a final fight.

As to your situation, I can't really say I have the experience to comment on it. My 20s dating is very different to yours, and I have no experience of 50s dating, but having red flags yourself does not mean you're only deserving of somebody with red flags (but if you like her despite the red flags go for it). Also, as long as you're open about it there's nothing wrong with going on dates with a couple of other people before deciding which ones you want to be in a relationship with.

As to your routine, I hope that your wife at least knows you're moving out. I can see why you might want to keep appearances up for the little one (s? Sorry, I'm bad at remembering this stuff), but do be honest about your intentions with her.

Just be honest about who you are where your faults lie, and don't be a jerk.

Also, +1 to the old movies. Despite being sub-30 I find myself preferring many old movies to modern ones (at least for big budget pictures, I still enjoy independent films). My favourite science fiction film has solidified to Aliens, and I'm still trying to convince my girlfriend that she should watch those films (she refuses because she doesn't like horror).
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

And yeah, like DataNinja said; I noticed while prepping for this that Bianco Hills and Pianta Village both qualify as "a village with pianta in it", and it is in fact quite easy to sequence break up to Pianta Village to do it first, before anything else. So I went with it!
    more notes on the Zodi stream: Serena Beach looks like a gamecube controller? I never noticed that, and I played Sunshine on the gamecube...

Cataquacks are just chucksters final form, chucksters keeping chucking until they becoming nothing but a bird that catapults people into the air, thats why both are only found on Isle Delfino.

I've never had this bad luck with king boo. I just always stomp the purple things real fast, it got me fruit and it ended real quick. you kept doing half measures by only stomping two at a time. but then I don't remember the king boo I fought doing half this stuff.....

I also think your overthinking the whole Bowser Jr. thing. in all probability peach was simply confused as to why in the world this child would ever think he is her son given the vast differences of biology, and Bowser was simply distraught at Bowser Jr. already knowing the truth and was probably worried about what he'd say after failing.

honestly Fludd suffered a fate worse than death: be a Mario partner character, which means it is now forever stuck in one-game-gimmick limbo along with all the paper mario, thousand year door partners and super paper mario pixls, doomed to be forgotten as Mario goes on completely different adventures, never coming back in any role. while Mario moves on, Fludd is just stuck in a Mario Sunshine time loop.

17. - Top - End - #737

I mean, Fludd eventually got incorporated into Mario's Smash moveset.

And of course, the pachinko level is rigged. It's pachinko.

One of the things I liked about Mario Sunshine was that every stage has a section where you can see at least one other stage.

One of the things that frustrated me s the incivible walls. You can literally swim almost all the way to Rico Harbor from Delfino Plaza and then you hit the wall.

I want a Mario RPG return to Isle Delfino situation where it's just open world and you can get to every area from Sunshine on foot if you want to.

Can we do a 3d Mario JRPG

Edit: And having just gotten to that part of the video: Protoman's real name is Blues, some as how Megaman's real name is Rock.

BEcuase Blues the prototype for Rock and Roll.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-06-20 at 02:11 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground

So, remember that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    So with a group of friends we're playing a japanese RPG called Ryuutama. We're low on magic and hp but one of our numbers is probaly infected with the dark magic that turned the local fauna and flora into ravenous monsters, so we decide it's best not to get back into town just yet and camp out in the forest. Naturally, we get attacked by corrupted wolves. Our rolls are pretty consistently bad and since we're getting attacked inside our tents (thus in a cramped space), our archers and mages have to burn one round getting some distance away to be any use. The ennemy, meanwhile, manages two critical successes in the first round. So, we're not exactly in the greatest spot. One of our mages uses a magic missile on a wolf and it's a critical succes, which means he gets two roll 2 dice for damage instead of just the one. He rolls a 1 and a 2 (on d8s). Our GM decides to use a mecanic that allows him to call a do-over on a few actions by session (to keep use from winning to well/losing too badly) so our mage gets to roll again. He gets two 1 this time.

We're fighting a demi-boss (a giant infected millipedes) witha bunch of allied faceless NPCS. Everything is going pretty swell, until the very same caster as last time decides to use an area-of-effect to poison the boss (it's big enough to be alone in the AoE). He crits fail, and we go "oh great he's going to sneeze out the poison gas or something". Our GM says "well I was going to have it target the frontliners, but very well, everybody on the back lines gets hit). So that's the original caster, our huntress, some NPCS and myself. The huntress is immune to poison but our wizard asses ain't. We still kill the monster ad we get our Healer to cook up some antipoison. He needs to get at least six on a roll to make it so our future rolls to cure the poison are easier. He rolls and gets a five. We're like "wait who was that roll for?" Our GM goes "screw it, [fyraltari] you're first both in order of initiative and alphabetically, so that was your roll". Roll for the other one (the guy who poisonned us instead of the monster, that is). Critical success. He's cured. Then he rolls for the NPCs. Failed again.

At this point we notice something. "Hang on you're a level 4 Heler, how come you're rolling d4s to cure, what's going on? - Well, I've got 4 on Intelligence, 4 on Spirit, 8 on Stamina and 6 on Agility."
    To be perfectly clear: 4 is the lowest you can have of an ability, by level 4 you've got to raise an ability of your choice by 2 twice, as a Healer all his healing rely on Intelligence and Spirit, while his gathering of healing herbs (to make some salves) depends on Intelligence and Stamina as he fights with a spear he uses Stamina and Agility to hit and Stamina to damage. So he's got about the worst optimization one can get. And then it hits us that not only are his stats as unoptimized as possible but they're actually worse than the starting stats you pick as level 1.

We've been travelling with a healer that's worse at healong than an actual beginner of another class. This retroactively makes the time where, when an NPC who and whose wife we had just rescued asked wether his unconscious wife was okay, our Healer replied "well she's unconscious so my guess is no" a bit of genius roleplaying.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2021-06-20 at 02:22 PM.

19. - Top - End - #739

Inspired by a line of dialog in Zodi's stream, Omelet experiment.

2 eggs, a little bit of milk, a few shakes of basil leaf, and a pair f shakes each of salt and pepper go into a bowl, whisk with a fork until you don't think it's getting any more combined than it is.

Coat a small frying pan with olive oil-based cooking spray. Turn to medium heat, then pour in the egg mixture, let sit till the bottom starts to solidify, and crumble in one piece of extra crispy bacon just before the first fold.

Allow to cook just a little longer, fold again.m kill the heat, plate.

Results: adding basil to egg is a bit like adding salt to most things: do the right amount and it doesn't make the food taste like basil, it makes the food taste more like itself. In this case, the basil covers up the not-so-good flavors of omelet while emphasizing the yummy flavors of omelet.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    We've been travelling with a healer that's worse at healong than an actual beginner of another class. This retroactively makes the time where, when an NPC who and whose wife we had just rescued asked wether his unconscious wife was okay, our Healer replied "well she's unconscious so my guess is no" a bit of genius roleplaying.
    While it's an extreme I've but personally seen, I'd fully believe that such a thing has happened from the terrible optimisation I've seen. Although to be fair to one lady she wasn't playing for optimisation in any way and was fine with having lots of help to build her character.

As a side note, I've been wondering if I should pick up that game. Sadly there now seems to be nowhere that I can pick the book up for a reasonable price.

Guess I'll just stick to trying to convince people to play Advanced Fighting Fantasy with me.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

21. - Top - End - #741
    Troll in the Playground

I think Zodi may need a stream vod thread at this rate, if this is the amount of discussion they generate.

In other news, man, the weather's been so nice around here. I love it when the weather just flips a switch and it gets nice, wasrm and sunny over a weekend. Just enough of a breeze to not get stuffy, too.

22. - Top - End - #742

peaking of Zodi's Vod streams.. Coming up at the end when you get up for a minute, Zodi, uh... Catatonic CG Zodi's dead-eyed stare stole my soul.

Can I have it back?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground

I think Zodi may need a stream vod thread at this rate, if this is the amount of discussion they generate.

In other news, man, the weather's been so nice around here. I love it when the weather just flips a switch and it gets nice, wasrm and sunny over a weekend. Just enough of a breeze to not get stuffy, too.
    By that metric, me and Rater should've made a thread to discuss our theories about various settings long ago.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    [...]I hope that your wife at least knows you're moving out. I can see why you might want to keep appearances up for the little one (s? Sorry, I'm bad at remembering this stuff), but do be honest about your intentions with her.

Spoiler: response
    Show
    No, my wife doesn't know yet, back in March (when I begged for couples counseling or a divorce), when after months of my trying to get her to talk with me about the state of our marriage we finally did, my wife was very clear that she didn't want such talk overhead by the kids, and she didn't want to lose sleep discussing it when the kids are asleep, so in a small house that leaves no time when we may discuss it. I suppose I could send her an e-mail. But at this point after she refused couples counseling because it would be "a waste of time and money", in March she admitted things to me she should've told me years ago, and I just don't feel I owe her honesty anymore.

She broke my heart in 2020 (and really in many ways since 2003) and she's far too smart not to know that. The death of love is a horrible thing, it seems to me that two should be able to agree to pretend to love each other and once they feel loved they fall in-love and then happily ever after, but somehow it doesn't work, and I don't really understand why.

Just be honest about who you are where your faults lie, and don't be a jerk.

Spoiler: response
    Show
    I'm being more than a jerk, I'm being a coward, two women in my life (my roommate and my girlfriend) say "at least you admit it", my mother though says "that's passive aggressive"

Also, +1 to the old movies. Despite being sub-30 I find myself preferring many old movies to modern ones (at least for big budget pictures, I still enjoy independent films). My favourite science fiction film has solidified to Aliens, and I'm still trying to convince my girlfriend that she should watch those films (she refuses because she doesn't like horror).

Aliens is quite good, but respect your girlfriend's reticence, my girlfriend loves zombie movies, and I can't stand them, fortunately she forgives me because I actually have worked a lot in the autopsy room when they had the bodies out a lot over the years.

For films to see with your girl, "Atonement", "Moonrise Kingdom", "The Grand Budapest Hotel", and "20th Century Women" are my recommendations for new movies to see with your girl, and '"71" and "Locke" to see by yourself and maybe share, for old ones the 1940 version of "Waterloo Bridge" (which will make you cry), the 1956 retelling "Gaby" (which had a happy-ish ending), and 1960's "The Apartment", to see by yourself and maybe sharing: "Paths of Glory", "The Seven Samurai", and "Vertigo", all from the 1950's.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Anyway, it was a great four-day weekend. I relax and I can wait for then I go back to work in a few hours.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

26. - Top - End - #746
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    In personal news my roommate (the actress who invited me to live with her) said to me this week: "You're like s time capsule, its refreshing", she had her birthday this week and I made corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes for it, she and my other roommate (the teacher) seemed to like it.
    I want to get to the point where I can do that ("like a time capsule") with a particular era of beverages – soda-fountain stuff, when a "soda fountain" was like a bar without alcohol. I can already do a half-decent egg cream, but haven't really got around to getting the syrups and other flavorings for cherry phosphates and the like. Can't really get malt powder in the grocery store, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #747

Inspired by a line of dialog in Zodi's stream, Omelet experiment.

2 eggs, a little bit of milk, a few shakes of basil leaf, and a pair f shakes each of salt and pepper go into a bowl, whisk with a fork until you don't think it's getting any more combined than it is.

Coat a small frying pan with olive oil-based cooking spray. Turn to medium heat, then pour in the egg mixture, let sit till the bottom starts to solidify, and crumble in one piece of extra crispy bacon just before the first fold.

Allow to cook just a little longer, fold again.m kill the heat, plate.

Results: adding basil to egg is a bit like adding salt to most things: do the right amount and it doesn't make the food taste like basil, it makes the food taste more like itself. In this case, the basil covers up the not-so-good flavors of omelet while emphasizing the yummy flavors of omelet.
    Ooh, I like the sounds of this!

I'll consider it!

Same. The weather is so screwy up here... and since we're now firmly in Summer, we've got that midnight sun going on.

peaking of Zodi's Vod streams.. Coming up at the end when you get up for a minute, Zodi, uh... Catatonic CG Zodi's dead-eyed stare stole my soul.

Can I have it back?
    We'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I want to get to the point where I can do that ("like a time capsule") with a particular era of beverages – soda-fountain stuff, when a "soda fountain" was like a bar without alcohol. I can already do a half-decent egg cream, but haven't really got around to getting the syrups and other flavorings for cherry phosphates and the like. Can't really get malt powder in the grocery store, either.
    Willing to be a test subject re this some day.

28. - Top - End - #748

Speaking of screwy weather: That feel when a tornado comes through town and it's really more of a nuisance than anything and then you see on the news that it literally busted up a street the next town over.

The mixture of relief that you dodged a bullet and guilt that you feel good in a situation that hurt someone else... Not a good feeling. Complex feelings suck.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

@2D8HP: I'm not going to comment on the rest, beyond my view being that you really should tell her that you're moving out (and that there's a bit terrible chance the kids will deal with such stuff better than her when it all comes out, and in many ways a split now might actually be the best thing for them). It's definitely something that the two of you need to talk about, lost sleep or no lost sleep ,(but at least you have tried to talk about this stuff with her).

On the films, it's not like I'm forcing her to watch Alien. I mean, I still think she should, it's not like it's particularly gory (except for that one scene), but if she doesn't want to see one of the best films ever made she doesn't have to.

I also find that what I think of as important to horror, the building of suspense and uncertainty, is considered less important these days than gore by many people, and urgh. Gore is not horror. Give me something that looks creepy and unnatural, not buckets of blood and open wounds.

Show

30. - Top - End - #750
    Troll in the Playground

I was rudely awoken at 8 this morning (after a weekend of early starts) to help clear out the kitchen. Turns out the landlord's finally getting it refitted this week (yay), but that means it's going to take all week (less yay).

On the plus side, I got to take my horns for a test run on Friday! Now I kinda want to do a full cosplay of my character. =3

Spoiler: Embedded photo for those who don't like twitter
    Show
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)