New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Question about Marvel's Runaways and Cloak & Dagger

So, having recently got Disney+ for Wandavision/FatWS, I've started going through all the Marvel shows I've missed, including Runaways. Gotta say, the show's not perfect but I've really been enjoying it! I'm partway through season three and was really surprised when

Spoiler: Spoilers for S3E7 I guess? And maybe Cloak & Dagger?
    Show

the two leads from Cloak and Dagger showed up at the end of the episode (having been summoned by Nico's spell I guess)?

I hadn't been expecting the two shows to interact at all, though I guess they are both in the MCU so some connected-ness would be obligatory. C&D was next on my to-watch list, but now I'm worried that either I'm going to be totally confused about what happens in the next episode of Runaways or I'll get spoiled for events in C&D.

So my question to you is: should I circle back and start making my way through C&D now so I don't get spoiled and/or confused, or can I safely finish off Runaways?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Question about Marvel's Runaways and Cloak & Dagger

C&D don't stay so you can safely watch Runaways if you want.

Although C&D's is a decent show.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

It's been awhile since I watched both shows, but I think you'll be okay. There are some minor spoilers, stuff covered in the first episode of Cloak and Dagger, like what their powers are and how they work. I don't think any actual plot spoilers for Cloak and Dagger come up, though.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Spamalot in the Playground

Nah, you don't have to watch C&D. But I highly recommend it!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

5. - Top - End - #5

NinjaGuy

Cheers all, watched the episode and will continue through Runaways and onto Cloak and Dagger when I'm done!
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

I really enjoyed Cloak and Dagger, never finished Runaways though. I guess I couldn't get over the changes they made to the comic books.
    Awesome Simurgh avatar by smutmulch!

7. - Top - End - #7

NinjaGuy

Having finished the series I had a glance at the comic information on Wikipedia, and yeah I can see how fans of the comics could be turned off. What was the deal breaker for you?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Even in the comic (which has nothing to do with the Runaways show), Cloak and Dagger's appearance is largely irrelevant; they show up as responsible adults who might be able to report the Runaways' evil parents to the Avengers and whatnot and get this sorted out, but Molly's parents (who have psychic powers in the comic, but that was too cool for the show, I guess) wipe their memories of the whole interaction and send them on their way, where it's never really relevant again except it reinforces the group's mistrust of adults from then on out.