Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Would an anti-Paladin thread be illegal?

I had an idea for a thread, but it occurred to me that it might be problematic, and wanted to check first.

The thread idea was, "what would an anti-Paladin look like IRL?".

I intended it to be a light-hearted look at how silly the class is… and a way to understand / discuss exactly how its rules work vs how they should work. But I'm worried that, since it nearly mandates that every post discuss illegal activities, it might be verboten.

Thoughts?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Would an anti-Paladin thread be illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by Quertus View Post
    I had an idea for a thread, but it occurred to me that it might be problematic, and wanted to check first.

The thread idea was, "what would an anti-Paladin look like IRL?".

I intended it to be a light-hearted look at how silly the class is… and a way to understand / discuss exactly how its rules work vs how they should work. But I'm worried that, since it nearly mandates that every post discuss illegal activities, it might be verboten.

Thoughts?
    Illegal activities in a fictional context are fine, so long as you're not going into considerable detail. "So, an anti-paladin would definitely be running drugs" is fine; "Here's how he'd avoid the DEA" is not. It will be the kind of situation where it will be easy to stray into politics... whether or not certain things should be illegal, should be counted as evil, the situations for such... but, at its core, it is not an automatic no.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Two Tales of Tellene, available from DriveThruFiction
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Avatar is from local user Mehangel
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Would an anti-Paladin thread be illegal?

Cool, thanks.

I'll try to work up an appropriate warning before creating the thread.