Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 1053
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    rogue_alchemist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    I see what you mean and maybe you're right. The reason I thought it might look bad for them is that Apogee didn't just say "Hey, someone else claimed Iris kid too" but that my claim was straight-up false, which struck me as odd (considering my questionable standing at that point, I probably would've been screwed just a suggestion that I might be fake-claiming but still). I'm also leaning towards there probably not being multiple children of the same deity among the neutrals, since they're so few, but that's admittedly just a guess.

    I guess I can think of another reason why Apogee would be so sure, so maybe I'm making more of it than it is.

    Oh, well. I kinda hope you're wrong, since it would be more entertaining but as my judgement haven't exactly been stellar lately, I suppose you might not be. It is indeed quite the learning experience.



    Timezones confuse me, but I think it should be in 14ish hours?
    I just confirmed from Gac3's OP that 9PM EST is the deadline and that is ~14h37m from now

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also how long is the Night?

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Probably not the best person to talk about AV, but I’ll see what I can do.

    ...

    So overall, I’d lean more towards overreacting to minor details but... you know, this is AV, they should never be trusted.
    Thank you for your response. I will take it into account.


    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Well after you die, if your claim is true of being a neutral, then that would actually give creedance to your sibling, not make them more wolfish. They only look more wolfish if you flip wolf after dying. I am pointing this out mainly for improving your future play (as you claim you are learning from all this).
    Can you explain your reasoning please? I'm not sure if I understand you. I would guess the chance of two neutrals with the same power/parent would be unlikely...

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Korprulu sector
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Mmm... Question @Libro, why did you call your power "a spin on the Fool" rather then the Devil?
    The Devil is typically a full role scry that reveals the target’s powers/win-cons/alignment.

    My scry only reveals who somebody’s parent deity is and we have 2 roles per deity. I could find out someone is “Child of Zeus” but I cannot discern whether they’re “Mystical Might” or “Lightning Control”, and idfk whether they’re town or wolf based on that information. I can only guess based on the two powers each god grants their offspring; hence my intent to find Ares’s kids. Beast and surivive-one-death both seem like they would be strong wolf powers in an all-power-role game. In contrast, both of Poseidon’s children have powers that make little sense on a wolf (baner/narrator-role-reveal).

    That said I think I can reliably figure out if someone is neutral, since they won’t have a parent deity on the main role list.
    "Ye are who ye are on all o' yer days. All o' em. Includin' that worst an' tha best. Ev'ry single one counts. All tha way ta tha end."

    Spoiler: Extended signatures
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGirl

    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Hidden Town of Salem
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Gac3 said to me...
    "I will tell you the same thing I intent to tell any and all neutrals that ask or achieve their win condition.

    Once you win I will give you the choice of one of the following three things.

    Have your role and victory announced and leave the game.
    Have your role and victory announced and remain in the game.
    Have your role and victory not announced and remain in the game."

    My vote is on Batcathat, by the way. I changed it back.
    It's all part of our big plan.
    Even though I am a necromancer, I am not a member of the Coven. In fact, my entire coven disbanded, so my alignment changed to Chaotic Good.

    Looking for a game of Werewolf/Mafia? CaoimhinTheCape's Love Letter Mafia is currently in progress.
    Last Updated: September 14th, 2021 @1:15 PM

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    rogue_alchemist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Thank you for your response. I will take it into account.




    Can you explain your reasoning please? I'm not sure if I understand you. I would guess the chance of two neutrals with the same power/parent would be unlikely...
    I was looking at it through the bizarro world that BCH is telling the truth. If what BCH says is true (that they are a neutral child of isis) and Apogee is telling the truth (that someone else has already claimed to them about being a child of isis), then the fact that when BCH is killed and flips narrator confirmed neutral would lend credence to the second child of isis being at least neutral, if not towny instead of making them look wolfish. BCH was assuming that because we all are so adamant on their wolfishness that anyone associated with them (even obtusely as just having the same god) would automatically be wolfish appearing to us too. But BCH forgot to take into account that we will have narrator confirmed alignment after their death and so our opinions matter less than what is in fact true.

    Now all of that requires that we believe EVERYONE involved is telling the truth. If BCH does flip neutral then we have two possibilities. Either Apogee was lying (seems unlikely because no one has counter-claimed them) or whoever claimed to apogee that they were also a child of isis was lying. I lean toward this second option as having two children of the same god with the same powers seems incredibly unlikely given how many neutrals and things there seems to be. Which means Apogee should out who claimed us lynch them next. Now at that point we will have had a night phase and the second child of Isis will have been able to use their powers and could be confirmed to at least be that honest, but that doesn't mean we know their win-con or that they would necessarily help town.

    I want to be clear. I DO NOT BELIEVE BCH! I am just putting out there the mechanics of how it would go down in this case. I genuinely did this from a place of trying to help BCH learn how to think within the context of this game, because they seem very confused about how town will react to certain things.

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmyNecromancer View Post
    Gac3 said to me...
    "I will tell you the same thing I intent to tell any and all neutrals that ask or achieve their win condition.

    Once you win I will give you the choice of one of the following three things.

    Have your role and victory announced and leave the game.
    Have your role and victory announced and remain in the game.
    Have your role and victory not announced and remain in the game."

    My vote is on Batcathat, by the way. I changed it back.
    It's all part of our big plan.
    Yes but the question is: what do you intend to pick?

    - - - Updated - - -

    And what are you going to do in case you decide to stay in game?
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Do you want to see one being played? Nothing is currently recruiting.


  7. - Top - End - #277
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Well after you die, if your claim is true of being a neutral, then that would actually give creedance to your sibling, not make them more wolfish. They only look more wolfish if you flip wolf after dying. I am pointing this out mainly for improving your future play (as you claim you are learning from all this).
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I was looking at it through the bizarro world that BCH is telling the truth. If what BCH says is true (that they are a neutral child of isis) and Apogee is telling the truth (that someone else has already claimed to them about being a child of isis), then the fact that when BCH is killed and flips narrator confirmed neutral would lend credence to the second child of isis being at least neutral, if not towny instead of making them look wolfish. BCH was assuming that because we all are so adamant on their wolfishness that anyone associated with them (even obtusely as just having the same god) would automatically be wolfish appearing to us too. But BCH forgot to take into account that we will have narrator confirmed alignment after their death and so our opinions matter less than what is in fact true.

    Now all of that requires that we believe EVERYONE involved is telling the truth. If BCH does flip neutral then we have two possibilities. Either Apogee was lying (seems unlikely because no one has counter-claimed them) or whoever claimed to apogee that they were also a child of isis was lying. I lean toward this second option as having two children of the same god with the same powers seems incredibly unlikely given how many neutrals and things there seems to be. Which means Apogee should out who claimed us lynch them next. Now at that point we will have had a night phase and the second child of Isis will have been able to use their powers and could be confirmed to at least be that honest, but that doesn't mean we know their win-con or that they would necessarily help town.

    I want to be clear. I DO NOT BELIEVE BCH! I am just putting out there the mechanics of how it would go down in this case. I genuinely did this from a place of trying to help BCH learn how to think within the context of this game, because they seem very confused about how town will react to certain things.
    Your first post seems to be, is BCH is confirmed neutral, the other claim is neutral as well.
    The second post states the opposite.

    Or is there some kind of misunderstanding between us?

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Batcathat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2019

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I was looking at it through the bizarro world that BCH is telling the truth. If what BCH says is true (that they are a neutral child of isis) and Apogee is telling the truth (that someone else has already claimed to them about being a child of isis), then the fact that when BCH is killed and flips narrator confirmed neutral would lend credence to the second child of isis being at least neutral, if not towny instead of making them look wolfish. BCH was assuming that because we all are so adamant on their wolfishness that anyone associated with them (even obtusely as just having the same god) would automatically be wolfish appearing to us too. But BCH forgot to take into account that we will have narrator confirmed alignment after their death and so our opinions matter less than what is in fact true.
    Just to be clear, what I meant wasn't that any association with me would make my "sibling" look guilty but rather that A) there being another neutral Child of Isis might be a stretch (though not impossible) and B) Apogee's claim of absolute certainty that I was fake-claiming felt odd compared to his earlier behavior (but that might just be a reaction to my shenanigans, I suppose).

    And while I've forgotten or overlooked a few things (not realizing that there couldn't even technically be two Athena kids with the same power really screwed me), I'm well aware that my death will confirm my alignment. It will also confirm I wasn't completely honest about my second claim (I know, really unexpected at this point, right?) but neither faction nor parent was a lie.

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I want to be clear. I DO NOT BELIEVE BCH! I am just putting out there the mechanics of how it would go down in this case. I genuinely did this from a place of trying to help BCH learn how to think within the context of this game, because they seem very confused about how town will react to certain things.
    Yeah, that's probably true, even with my clearification above. Trying to bite of more than I can chew doesn't even begin to describe it.

    Remember how I said in the recruitment thread how I wished for a chance to try and manipulate people? I think Gac might be one of those genies who make your wish come true in the worst possible way.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2021-06-03 at 07:27 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    rogue_alchemist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Your first post seems to be, is BCH is confirmed neutral, the other claim is neutral as well.
    The second post states the opposite.

    Or is there some kind of misunderstanding between us?
    My first post I forgot about the nuance of this game that any god not explicitly listed in the OP is neutral by default and was posting a generality that if BCH was confirmed neutral with X description that it would confirm someone else with X description as the same thing. In the second post I clarified that specifically for this game, it doesn't matter. In the first post it was meant to be directed at BCH for helping with future thinking through what different things mean. In the second post it was directed at the larger town of this specific game to clarify what I meant.

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I was looking at it through the bizarro world that BCH is telling the truth. If what BCH says is true (that they are a neutral child of isis) and Apogee is telling the truth (that someone else has already claimed to them about being a child of isis), then the fact that when BCH is killed and flips narrator confirmed neutral would lend credence to the second child of isis being at least neutral, if not towny instead of making them look wolfish. BCH was assuming that because we all are so adamant on their wolfishness that anyone associated with them (even obtusely as just having the same god) would automatically be wolfish appearing to us too. But BCH forgot to take into account that we will have narrator confirmed alignment after their death and so our opinions matter less than what is in fact true.

    Now all of that requires that we believe EVERYONE involved is telling the truth. If BCH does flip neutral then we have two possibilities. Either Apogee was lying (seems unlikely because no one has counter-claimed them) or whoever claimed to apogee that they were also a child of isis was lying. I lean toward this second option as having two children of the same god with the same powers seems incredibly unlikely given how many neutrals and things there seems to be. Which means Apogee should out who claimed us lynch them next. Now at that point we will have had a night phase and the second child of Isis will have been able to use their powers and could be confirmed to at least be that honest, but that doesn't mean we know their win-con or that they would necessarily help town.

    I want to be clear. I DO NOT BELIEVE BCH! I am just putting out there the mechanics of how it would go down in this case. I genuinely did this from a place of trying to help BCH learn how to think within the context of this game, because they seem very confused about how town will react to certain things.
    Can you hand me that shovel you got?

    Six feet is all you need mate.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    My (Very weak) wolfdar so far:
    Shal06
    EmmyNecromancer
    batcathat
    I just want to point out that two of these are now probably neutral and Wolf, with Shal still up in the air.

    Seems rust has only made my "This isn't town" senses stronger.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    rogue_alchemist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Can you hand me that shovel you got?

    Six feet is all you need mate.
    Why stop at six, if you go 12, bury the body there, then fill it up to 6 and bury a dead animal then fill it up slowly and add a dead animal every few feet, you are almost guaranteed no one will dig up your secrets!

    Plus I really like overcomplicating things and arguing for the sake of argument that then usually shoots me in the foot. Playing devil's advocate doesn't help with much, but it is worth thinking of things through different lenses than just the majority one.

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2017

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Caoimhin and Elenna are top of my suspect list after a re-read (speaking of Caoimhin could you please answer my question about why you townread Batcathat earlier?)
    BatCat seemed to be engaging in a way that I felt was Townish, like his questioning Apogee in posts #33-35 and asking about Apogee's reads in #48. I definitely brushed over the comments saying "I hope I don't look like a wolf" since that's pretty typical of them. But basically BCH's activity on pages 1 and 2 of the thread seemed like town, nothing on 3 or 4 changed my mind, and the initial claim seemed legit enough at the start of page 5 (until Libro came in).

    It wasn't the strongest town read I've ever had but it was ahead of most other players so i was confident enough to not want to vote BatCat.

    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post

    CaoimhinTheCape, totadileplayz, Xihirli you have multiple uncrossed votes.
    Jeez, I've been terrible with my vote counts this game, haven't I. I'll try to do an updated one now but someone should check me on it. Fixed my own votes, the only one left should be for Emmy (as per the plan).




    I believe I got the votecount below (Thanks AV). My only worry now is that we get near the end of the Day and line up a tie before BatCat moves his vote. That gives him the opportunity to break the tie before EoD and survive. Ideally BatCat should move his vote onto Emmy before we organize a tie ourselves.

    We would also need one more vote on BatCat anyway to bring him up to 11.


    Possible Vote Count

    rogue_alchemist (2): flat_footed, Book Wombat
    totadileplayz (1): Batcathat
    Batcathat (10): EmmyNecromancer, Murska, Apogee1, AvatarVecna, Valmark, Elenna, rogue_alchemist, Xihirli, Zelphas, Rogan
    CaoimhinTheCape (1): Snowblaze
    EmmyNecromancer (6): Shal06, totadileplayz, CaoimhinTheCape, bladescape, JeenLeen, Mornshine

    Not Voting (1): Libro

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Okay, if most people, including Apogee, are okay with this vote split plan, then l guess I'm fine wth it. I oike that the other target is a neutral.

    EmmyNecromancer since more people are on BCH right now. I'll try to be around for EOD, but no promises.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Discussion seems to have stalled a bit - probably something to do with the outed wolf. Let’s see what I can do to get it moving again: who do people think Batcathat’s partners could be?

    Caoimhin and Elenna are top of my suspect list after a re-read (speaking of Caoimhin could you please answer my question about why you townread Batcathat earlier?)

    - - - Updated - - -



    Because a neutral with no stake in the game could betray town purely for the lulz? I’d rather not have that happen.
    If I were wolf buddies with BCH, I wouldn't be that obvious in defending them. At least not after it became clear that they were a likely lynch target (which did happen some time before the claim/counterclaim).

    Other buddies... I've talked about suspecting Valmark and Xihirli, obviously, but that's not for any connection with batcathat. Caoimhin is the obvious suspect, but he's an obvious suspect for the same reason I am, which makes me less inclined to suspect him, since I know the suspicion is wrong when it comes to me. Beyond that, I'm gonna have to look at the vote movement sometime before D2 and think about it.

    Emmy staying in the game obviously gives the advantage of one extra vote with which to control the lynch, but in practice that only works if Emmy votes in a way that will help town, and she has no incentive one way or the other. She could just as well help out the wolves. I'd be surprised if wolves hadn't already reached out to her through batcathat, which makes it super easy for them to coordinate.
    I'm inclined to say that I'd prefer Emmy leave the game, for less uncertainty, but obviously it's up to her.

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Well after you die, if your claim is true of being a neutral, then that would actually give creedance to your sibling, not make them more wolfish. They only look more wolfish if you flip wolf after dying. I am pointing this out mainly for improving your future play (as you claim you are learning from all this).
    What? If/when batcathat flips wolf, that basically confirms that the actual Child of Iris is actually neutral, right? Why would two wolves counterclaim each other?

    In the bizzaro world where they flip neutral, I guess the options are a) there are two neutral children of Iris, or b) I guess a wolf happened to claim the same role as a real neutral role? The former seems more likely to me, given the large number of minor gods. Haven't put much thought into it though so there might be a possibility I'm missing.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Is this a counterclaim? Do they have the same power? I thought we could double up on gods but not power.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Nobody else is gonna be right behind me, right now. Only Xihirli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    If Xi and I agree some more, I will start to doubt my own alignment!
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Ithilien
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    What? If/when batcathat flips wolf, that basically confirms that the actual Child of Iris is actually neutral, right? Why would two wolves counterclaim each other?

    In the bizzaro world where they flip neutral, I guess the options are a) there are two neutral children of Iris, or b) I guess a wolf happened to claim the same role as a real neutral role? The former seems more likely to me, given the large number of minor gods. Haven't put much thought into it though so there might be a possibility I'm missing.
    Actually I guess wolf!batcathat did claim the same role as a real neutral role, huh. So I guess we just have an unlikely coincidence happening.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    My first post I forgot about the nuance of this game that any god not explicitly listed in the OP is neutral by default and was posting a generality that if BCH was confirmed neutral with X description that it would confirm someone else with X description as the same thing. In the second post I clarified that specifically for this game, it doesn't matter. In the first post it was meant to be directed at BCH for helping with future thinking through what different things mean. In the second post it was directed at the larger town of this specific game to clarify what I meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post

    Plus I really like overcomplicating things and arguing for the sake of argument that then usually shoots me in the foot. Playing devil's advocate doesn't help with much, but it is worth thinking of things through different lenses than just the majority one.
    Hm...
    I agree about your second post, using an unpopular outlook can be quite useful, especially in a game where some players have a reputation of being able to make everyone follow their narrative.
    Instead of everyone going with flow, seeing two ways can help forming a more balanced opinion.


    But I'm still a bit skeptical about the first post.
    I mean, the timeline was
    You: BCH as neutral would make another player with the same claim seem legit
    I: I don't understand, please clarify
    You: Explain its the other way round.

    If your explanation is correct, I think it was poorly communicated.

    I still have problems with your first explanation, even in a general situation. Sure, there are situations where it might be true.
    Spoiler: An example where it would be valid
    Show

    A: I'm role x with power y.
    B: Lie! I am role x.
    ...
    B dies and is verified as x with power y.

    In this case, a player A claimed a role and power nobody should know to exist.
    Player B counterclaimed and gets killed. This is proof that role x and power y are in the game. Since it's unlikely that a player could come up with the right combination of role and power on their own, player A is more likely to be what they claimed to be.


    But in general, I think if someone claimed a role and flipped this role, any counterclaim would be very suspicious.

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Is this a counterclaim? Do they have the same power? I thought we could double up on gods but not power.
    This is my main reason to think that either Apogee is lying (which would be odd given the well-articulated arguments about that above) or is being given bad info if Batcathat flips neutral. Unless neutrals are exempt from this, I believe it is an explicit rule of the game that powers don't overlap; therefore, if Apogee's informant claimed to be a Child of Iris with the exact same power as Batcathat claimed, and Batcathat is proven to be a Child of Iris with that power, then someone is lying.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    So uh this is awkward.

    The child of Iris unclaimed and said they were of Ariadne, which lines up with what they’ve claimed earlier said but is still rather suspect.

    If Batcathat is a wolf (which is still likely), it’s whatever. If batcathat is not a wolf, I probably distribute the receipts in question and see what people think.

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Here's how I see the other Child of Iris as rather suspect, but not necessarily a lying wolf, if Batcathat flips Neutral.
    ----
    We know that unnamed Roles are Neutrals.
    Thus, a Child of Iris is, by definition, Neutral.

    We also know Roles aren't duplicated. However, we know that Children aren't defined just by their parent but by their power. So it is possible (though I think unlikely) there's two Neutral Children of Iris.
    Right? gac3 hasn't confirmed that there can't be two Children of Iris, has he?

    So, if Batcathat really is a Neutral Child of Iris, I think it likely that a wolf fakeclaimed Child of Iris.
    At least if the timing works out. If the other Child of Iris claimed to Apogee before Batcathat made that claim... it could be a wolf having made the claim up like we suspect of Batcathat. If the other one claimed after the fact, I find them more believable as that seems a sloppy move. Well, unless it's a scumbuddy bussing Batcathat, but that seems unlikely.

    I Googled some Percy Jackson stuff, and it sounds like Iris is a minor deity but becomes important some point in the novels. So... seems a reasonable bet for making up a fakeclaim someone hopes is safe (that is, unused) but is still believable.

    Of course, if Batcathat flips wolf, then we can trust (or probably can trust) the other Child of Iris as a neutral. I doubt both would be wolves.

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Huh. That could very well be a wolf backing off of a fake-claim before it's revealed they're lying. It's not a good look by any means.
    That said, from a pure "I'm giving a fake claim" perspective it's strictly worse than just keeping going with Iris and being like "I have a different power" in my head. Unless the wolves assumed one of the less active people are the child of Iris?
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Nobody else is gonna be right behind me, right now. Only Xihirli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    If Xi and I agree some more, I will start to doubt my own alignment!
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Apogee posted the unclaim datum while I was writing my post.

    ...but, yeah, as Xi said, this looks really suspect. I'm pretty sure at least one person claiming Neutral is a wolf, since it sounds like there's a lot of neutral claims. I've generally seen 2 neutrals in a game around 16 players. I could see 3 or 4 in this game... but, well, no clue how many are around now, but it feels like more.
    Maybe the vigilante should take out that Neutral? Assuming networked with Apogee and he can coordinate it secretly.

    But, just that Neutral. Leave me alive.
    I'm really hoping there's some good wolf candidates N2, so it makes more sense to target them than to take me out to remove a Neutral

    --- ---

    Regarding what Emmy should do, I would think having her stay around as a confirmed Neutral who already won is good for Town. She could effectively be a townie (definitely has reason to be thankful for the Town coordinating this D1), and she ahs no incentive to join the wolves (beyond possibly laughs). As long as she becomes publicly Narrator-confirmed, I don't have a strong opinion.

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    So uh this is awkward.

    The child of Iris unclaimed and said they were of Ariadne, which lines up with what they’ve claimed earlier said but is still rather suspect.

    If Batcathat is a wolf (which is still likely), it’s whatever. If batcathat is not a wolf, I probably distribute the receipts in question and see what people think.
    Well then. That adds some credibility to Batcathat's neutral claim in my mind, but his earlier actions are still a little weird (then again, his power as Child of Iris could successfully duplicate the Child of Athena power he chose, so I can sort of see the reasoning behind that choice even if the claim itself is still odd). In any case, it seems like the wagon has too much momentum to stop now unless we all jump ship somewhere else.

    Regardless, I think I'll swap myself over to EmmyNecromancer to tie the vote count at 8 each, since this tiebreaker plan seems to be what we're all going with.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    So uh this is awkward.

    The child of Iris unclaimed and said they were of Ariadne, which lines up with what they’ve claimed earlier said but is still rather suspect.

    If Batcathat is a wolf (which is still likely), it’s whatever. If batcathat is not a wolf, I probably distribute the receipts in question and see what people think.
    How do you... mess up the name... of your role?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also tiebreaker requires 1 more on BHC due to double-vote power I believe?
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    How do you... mess up the name... of your role?
    If you are a group of wolves choosing fakeclaim Neutrals, and you used the wrong one when fakeclaiming to Apogee?

    I mean, that's one scenario where I can see this happening. I feel bad for the wolf faction if that's the case. But if Batcathat flips neutral, it disproves that conspiracy.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    The child of Iris unclaimed and said they were of Ariadne, which lines up with what they’ve claimed earlier said but is still rather suspect.
    By "lines up with what they claimed earlier", do you mean they claimed a different power and it makes more sense for a Child of Ariadne?

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    If you are a group of wolves choosing fakeclaim Neutrals, and you used the wrong one when fakeclaiming to Apogee?

    I mean, that's one scenario where I can see this happening. I feel bad for the wolf faction if that's the case. But if Batcathat flips neutral, it disproves that conspiracy.
    That was meant more of a "Smells like bull****" sense than "Explain this to me" sense.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    Well then. That adds some credibility to Batcathat's neutral claim in my mind, but his earlier actions are still a little weird (then again, his power as Child of Iris could successfully duplicate the Child of Athena power he chose, so I can sort of see the reasoning behind that choice even if the claim itself is still odd). In any case, it seems like the wagon has too much momentum to stop now unless we all jump ship somewhere else.

    Regardless, I think I'll swap myself over to EmmyNecromancer to tie the vote count at 8 each, since this tiebreaker plan seems to be what we're all going with.
    How would random access to player created QTs help duplicate the power of 'detect parent'?
    Or am I mixing up the claimed powers? Please let me know!

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    bladescape's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    How would random access to player created QTs help duplicate the power of 'detect parent'?
    Or am I mixing up the claimed powers? Please let me know!
    No that's the correct one that BHC claimed. They've implied they lied about their power though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Now that Rogan's pointed that out, I want to paint a light red sus on Zelph if Cat flips red.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"




    My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    How do you... mess up the name... of your role?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also tiebreaker requires 1 more on BHC due to double-vote power I believe?
    Was it said that the double voter is on Emmy?

    But yes, assuming the double voter is on Emmy, to get a tie there would need to be another vote on BHC.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Do you want to see one being played? Nothing is currently recruiting.


  29. - Top - End - #299
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    Sep 2019

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Two things. One people do roleclaim in player created qt's apogee has confirmed multiple times of various people roleclaiming to him. This can give an answer of they care this because they claimed in the qt, and Apogee is a relatively safe bet for a night 1 search just in case. Though that is discredited because well... batcathat is a liar and shouldn't be trusted.



    To be on the safe side, I am going to be swapping my vote back onto batcathat so we can have a 9/7 split with the possibility of someone new making it a 9/8 split. Since the double-voter could cause a neutral instead of the wolf to be lynched today instead.
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2021-06-03 at 09:26 AM.

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

    Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    No that's the correct one that BHC claimed. They've implied they lied about their power though.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Now that Rogan's pointed that out, I want to paint a light red sus on Zelph if Cat flips red.
    The other power would be hard to fake as well. Unless you mean BatCatHat implied he lied about the power of his second claim. But in this case we would not have any clues, since a neutral could have just about any power. So yeah... Zelphs reasoning seems very fishy.

    Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    Two things. One people do roleclaim in player created qt's apogee has confirmed multiple times of various people roleclaiming to him. This can give an answer of they care this because they claimed in the qt, and Apogee is a relatively safe bet for a night 1 search just in case. Though that is discredited because well... batcathat is a liar and shouldn't be trusted.



    To be on the safe side, I am going to be swapping my vote back onto batcathat so we can have a 9/7 split with the possibility of someone new making it a 9/8 split. Since the double-voter could cause a neutral instead of the wolf to be lynched today instead.
    The QTs are random selected, so there is a good chance he won't get a QT where someone claimed.
    Apogee is (as far as I know) not the only one to send QTs to every other player.
    In fact, a good (but definitly not nice) move would be to create lots of QTs before the night, to lower the chances that this power would get a QT with useful info.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Was it said that the double voter is on Emmy?

    But yes, assuming the double voter is on Emmy, to get a tie there would need to be another vote on BHC.
    Apogee has a claim from the double voter, so he can coordinate the voting if neccesary.
    Last edited by Rogan; 2021-06-03 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Added reply to a new post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •