New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Was it said that the double voter is on Emmy?

But yes, assuming the double voter is on Emmy, to get a tie there would need to be another vote on BHC.

That was the original plan, my friend. I've no clue where the claimant double voter is right now, only Apogee can say that for sure.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

A lot has been claimed, and said, but I still think BCH seems wolfy, and I don't think a plan that requires twenty people to coordinate, when several of them are actively trying to sabotage it and a few are neutrals with unknown goals, is a good plan.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

3. - Top - End - #303

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Also tiebreaker requires 1 more on BHC due to double-vote power I believe?
    Yes. This is actually now a problem.

As it stands, we have 8 people voting for BatCat, 8 people voting for Emmy.

Assuming Apogee is in control of the plan (have the doublevoter on Emmy) that makes it 8 for BatCat and 9 for Emmy.

If BatCat decides he wants to live and votes Emmy, that pushes it to 8 for BatCat and 10 for Emmy.

We need more votes on BatCat again (Three total if we are doing 11 vs 10). Libro, Snowblaze if you guys could shift your votes to BatCat that would be ideal since Libro's vote is on no one and Snow (I think) suspects both me and BatCat.

EDIT

Got Ninja'd. Assuming Totadile went back and struck through his last post, we are at 9 for BatCat and 7 (possibly 8) for Emmy. That's comfortable for me again though I would rather people lock in votes on one of those two.

Vote Count

rogue_alchemist (2): flat_footed, Book Wombat
    totadileplayz (1): Batcathat
    Batcathat (9): EmmyNecromancer, Murska, Apogee1, AvatarVecna, Valmark, rogue_alchemist, Xihirli, Rogan, totadileplayz
    CaoimhinTheCape (1): Snowblaze
    EmmyNecromancer (7!): Shal06, CaoimhinTheCape, bladescape, JeenLeen, Mornshine, Elenna, Zelphas

Not Voting (1): Libro

4. - Top - End - #304

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    The other power would be hard to fake as well. Unless you mean BatCatHat implied he lied about the power of his second claim. But in this case we would not have any clues, since a neutral could have just about any power. So yeah... Zelphs reasoning seems very fishy.
    See below:
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    It will also confirm I wasn't completely honest about my second claim (I know, really unexpected at this point, right?) but neither faction nor parent was a lie.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

5. - Top - End - #305

Totadile did cross out his last vote, appreciate you moving back to BatCat.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Still trying to work out what to make of the neutral claim change thing... that's a "no clue".

Anyway, Batcathat - makes sense regardless of whether the tie thing is happening or we're just killing them. Probably won't be around much more today as I've been neglecting IRL stuff which I really should focus on.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #307

ClericGuy

See below:
    Thanks. Still, since the power of neutrals are only known to Gac (and the neutral in question) my point stands.

I also edited my post on the last page to add a comment about a reply. Should have known I could safely write a new post without double posting.

By the way... Is the updated line some people add to their posts something the forum provides, or did they save the code for it and paste it when they need to?

8. - Top - End - #308
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

and with another vote on BHC I'll be back onto EmmyNecromancer

9. - Top - End - #309

Thanks. Still, since the power of neutrals are only known to Gac (and the neutral in question) my point stands.

I also edited my post on the last page to add a comment about a reply. Should have known I could safely write a new post without double posting.

By the way... Is the updated line some people add to their posts something the forum provides, or did they save the code for it and paste it when they need to?
    Auto-forum addition for double posts. Merges them and adds the updated line.

That being said, it's possible some people could copy/paste it? Idk why

- - - Updated - - -

Alright I'm off to bed. Let's not have too many people claim while I'm gone this time, alright?

10. - Top - End - #310

So, we're at 9 vs 8 (9 with the doublevoter). There's still the threat that BatCat saves himself by voting Emmy and making it 10. Looking at Libro, flat_footed, or BookWombat for vote BatCat and balance things out.

Vote Count

Batcathat (9): EmmyNecromancer, Murska, Apogee1, AvatarVecna, Valmark, rogue_alchemist, Xihirli, Rogan, Snowblaze
    EmmyNecromancer (8!): Shal06, CaoimhinTheCape, bladescape, JeenLeen, Mornshine, Elenna, Zelphas, totadileplayz

11. - Top - End - #311

ClericGuy

Spoiler: Technical detail
    Show

That being said, it's possible some people could copy/paste it? Idk why
    Oh, cool. I did not know this was possible. I was under the impression that double posts are simply illegal.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I'll check back in a couple hours or so, and around 3 or 4 PM EST. If I should change my vote to help the split, let me know.
    It looks like it's mostly okay, but I am around to be able to move things if needed.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Well I feel like such an arse for not having a vote on Batcathat

'scuse me while I go bang a head-shaped hole in the wall

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

How would random access to player created QTs help duplicate the power of 'detect parent'?
    Or am I mixing up the claimed powers? Please let me know!
    I misread the Power; I thought he was getting access to their original QTs (which would make his win condition way too easy, as I think about it). That was my mistake; my reasoning was based on that.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #315

Hm...
    I agree about your second post, using an unpopular outlook can be quite useful, especially in a game where some players have a reputation of being able to make everyone follow their narrative.
    Instead of everyone going with flow, seeing two ways can help forming a more balanced opinion.

But I'm still a bit skeptical about the first post.
    I mean, the timeline was
    You: BCH as neutral would make another player with the same claim seem legit
    I: I don't understand, please clarify
    You: Explain its the other way round.

If your explanation is correct, I think it was poorly communicated.

I still have problems with your first explanation, even in a general situation. Sure, there are situations where it might be true.
    Spoiler: An example where it would be valid
    Show

A: I'm role x with power y.
    B: Lie! I am role x.
    B dies and is verified as x with power y.

In this case, a player A claimed a role and power nobody should know to exist.
    Player B counterclaimed and gets killed. This is proof that role x and power y are in the game. Since it's unlikely that a player could come up with the right combination of role and power on their own, player A is more likely to be what they claimed to be.

But in general, I think if someone claimed a role and flipped this role, any counterclaim would be very suspicious.
    I probably have communicated my thoughts poorly. I hope the second explanation makes more sense. I put more thought into it than I did the original. However I see from your example that we have claim A and Claim B and are lynching Claim B. That is not what I am talking about though. I am saying if A claims x with power y and B claims role x, then we lynch A and if they flip as being x with power y, then B is now most suspect.

In the weird scenario you gave, I would agree that making a specific claim then a general counterclaim and lynching the general and getting the exact same specific reveal as claim A would lend more credence to Claim A, but I can't imagine where is would come into play. No one would follow those steps.

16. - Top - End - #316

OK, we should be all set for now. If BatCat plays ball, we get a tie and that means we get to test Emmy. If not, we lynch BatCat.

BookWombat and flat_footed should vote opposite of each other (with BatCat getting the first vote) to be safe. Can't guarantee we'll get the split we want but better safe than sorry.

Vote Count

Batcathat (10): EmmyNecromancer, Murska, Apogee1, AvatarVecna, Valmark, rogue_alchemist, Xihirli, Rogan, Snowblaze, Libro
    EmmyNecromancer (8!): Shal06, CaoimhinTheCape, bladescape, JeenLeen, Mornshine, Elenna, Zelphas, totadileplayz

17. - Top - End - #317

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    So, we're at 9 vs 8 (9 with the doublevoter). There's still the threat that BatCat saves himself by voting Emmy and making it 10. Looking at Libro, flat_footed, or BookWombat for vote BatCat and balance things out.

BatCatHat? I think your best bet now would be to change your vote to Emmy.
    This way, we can follow the plan without worring you might change your vote later to save your hide.

If you do so, you will have a chance to live (a smal one, but it's better than nothing)

Emmy might lie so the tie will be resolved by the flip of a coin. So Emmy might die while you live for at least another day (and one night, wich would give you a chance to proof your power)

If you don't change your vote, we will simply move votes from Emmy to you. No tie, you die.
    Best case, changing your vote would lead to a tie. In this case, see above.

Quote Originally Posted by Libro View Post
    Well I feel like such an arse for not having a vote on Batcathat

'scuse me while I go bang a head-shaped hole in the wall

Vote Count (copyed from Cao, with the vote of Libro added)

Batcathat (10): EmmyNecromancer, Murska, Apogee1, AvatarVecna, Valmark, rogue_alchemist, Xihirli, Rogan, Snowblaze, Libro

18. - Top - End - #318
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Hopefully he does, because if he doesn't, I might get upset.
    Even though I am a necromancer, I am not a member of the Coven. In fact, my entire coven disbanded, so my alignment changed to Chaotic Good.

Looking for a game of Werewolf/Mafia? AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2 is currently recruiting.
    Last Updated: November 5th, 2021 @7:43 AM

19. - Top - End - #319

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I probably have communicated my thoughts poorly. I hope the second explanation makes more sense. I put more thought into it than I did the original. However I see from your example that we have claim A and Claim B and are lynching Claim B. That is not what I am talking about though. I am saying if A claims x with power y and B claims role x, then we lynch A and if they flip as being x with power y, then B is now most suspect.

In the weird scenario you gave, I would agree that making a specific claim then a general counterclaim and lynching the general and getting the exact same specific reveal as claim A would lend more credence to Claim A, but I can't imagine where is would come into play. No one would follow those steps.
    My example was not for this game, but for a general situation. Unless there is a missunderstanding between us, your first example was meant as a general situation. My example deffintly was (and I think, I made this clear in my post).

I also explained, that it would take a quite specific situation for this advice to be valid, while in a general situation the counterclaimer would be in serious trouble.

What I intended to say now is:

I think, your first post about this topic was plain wrong.

It is both wrong in the specific context of this game
    AND in the general context of a typical game.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I Googled some Percy Jackson stuff, and it sounds like Iris is a minor deity but becomes important some point in the novels. So... seems a reasonable bet for making up a fakeclaim someone hopes is safe (that is, unused) but is still believable.

Of course, if Batcathat flips wolf, then we can trust (or probably can trust) the other Child of Iris as a neutral. I doubt both would be wolves.
    Not as relevant now, but:
    Basically Iris is the goddess in charge of sending magical messages back and forth (IIRC cellphones attract mythical monsters or something like that). I wouldn't have said she's super important at any point, but obviously she plays an important role in the background.
    I would definitely not have thought of her first, or even close to first, if you asked me to name a minor god/goddess who shows in Percy Jackson. But I'm more familiar with the second series (Heroes of Olympus), which I believe had more minor gods showing up compared to the first series. If you're focusing on minor gods from the first series, I guess I could see both gac and the wolves going with Iris.

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee1 View Post
    So uh this is awkward.

The child of Iris unclaimed and said they were of Ariadne, which lines up with what they’ve claimed earlier said but is still rather suspect.

If Batcathat is a wolf (which is still likely), it’s whatever. If batcathat is not a wolf, I probably distribute the receipts in question and see what people think.
    Uh. What.

So, they're saying they gave you the wrong name by accident? I guess? Or are they saying they fakeclaimed to you originally for... some reason??

Just gonna assume it's the first one, i.e. they're claiming to have said the wrong name by accident earlier.

Hmm, are people more likely to mess up a fakeclaim or a real claim? I could see a wolf discussing multiple fakeclaims and losing track of what they decided to use. I could maybe also see someone who's not very familiar with Percy Jackson or Greek mythology, who forgot the name of their role, but in that case it would be really weird for them to come up with the name of a different real goddess. Unless they claimed after batcathat and mixed it up with that? Idk, still seems weird.
    FWIW the only time I've messed up my claim, it was a fakeclaim. But that's just one data point.

Going through all the possibilities, in no particular order:
    1. Both are neutrals telling the truth. This requires batcathat to have enacted a really bad plan instead of just claiming their real role, and also requires the Child of Ariadne to have failed to remember their actual role name and instead mixed it up with the name of another role that wasn't even in the role list. If they claimed before BCH, where did they pull Iris from? If they claimed after BCH, how did they not double-check their role name before counterclaiming? Just seems really weird either way.

2. BCH is a neutral who made bad decisions, Child of Ariadne is a lying wolf who wants to avoid suspicion after BCH's flip. I don't see why a wolf in that position would go back on their claim and make themselves look even weirder, instead of just claiming to be a second Child of Iris, but maybe they panicked? Again, requires really weird decisions on BCHs part, too.

3. BCH is a lying wolf, Child of Ariadne is a real neutral. BCH's decisions make slightly more sense in this case. Still really weird for the real neutral to get their name wrong, same as possibility 1. I guess in this world it would just be a coincidence that the real neutral used the wrong name and then BCH picked the same name for a fakeclaim??

4. Both are wolves who got really confused about their fakeclaims and/or both accidentally used the same fakeclaim. I could easily see that happening, but I don't understand why the "Child of Ariadne" would change their claim instead of just continuing to pretend to be a child of Iris and getting neutral cred when batcathat was lynched. Maybe panic? Maybe they really hate bussing their buddy??

All these options are really weird. I think 3 or 4 are most likely, probably. I definitely still think we should vote BCH today (or do the vote split plan with the intention of lynching BCH). Even if they're somehow telling the truth, it's worth it to kill a neutral in order to get more info on this weirdness.

Apogee, I'd like to see that conversation regardless of batcathat's flip, if that's fine with you.

EDIT: So many ninjas... then again it did take me like 50 min to write this post.
    Last edited by Elenna; 2021-06-03 at 09:55 AM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

21. - Top - End - #321

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EmmyNecromancer View Post
    Hopefully he does, because if he doesn't, I might get upset.
    If he has the most votes AND does not die, it will simply proof that he has some kind of kill protection.
    If he does not die, but you do... Well, this would mean we either have a neutral power with a passive vote manipulation power. Or you lied about your power.
    In this case, I can't realy say I would be sorry

- - - Updated - - -

I said passive vote manipulation power course ther is another vote manipulation power listed in the roles.
    But this has to be used in the night and will be active next day. So nothing we need to fear on day 1.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler: Quote
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Not as relevant now, but:
    Basically Iris is the goddess in charge of sending magical messages back and forth (IIRC cellphones attract mythical monsters or something like that). I wouldn't have said she's super important at any point, but obviously she plays an important role in the background.
    I would definitely not have thought of her first, or even close to first, if you asked me to name a minor god/goddess who shows in Percy Jackson. But I'm more familiar with the second series (Heroes of Olympus), which I believe had more minor gods showing up compared to the first series. If you're focusing on minor gods from the first series, I guess I could see both gac and the wolves going with Iris.

Uh. What.

So, they're saying they gave you the wrong name by accident? I guess? Or are they saying they fakeclaimed to you originally for... some reason??

Just gonna assume it's the first one, i.e. they're claiming to have said the wrong name by accident earlier.

Hmm, are people more likely to mess up a fakeclaim or a real claim? I could see a wolf discussing multiple fakeclaims and losing track of what they decided to use. I could maybe also see someone who's not very familiar with Percy Jackson or Greek mythology, who forgot the name of their role, but in that case it would be really weird for them to come up with the name of a different real goddess. Unless they claimed after batcathat and mixed it up with that? Idk, still seems weird.
    FWIW the only time I've messed up my claim, it was a fakeclaim. But that's just one data point.

Going through all the possibilities, in no particular order:
    1. Both are neutrals telling the truth. This requires batcathat to have enacted a really bad plan instead of just claiming their real role, and also requires the Child of Ariadne to have failed to remember their actual role name and instead mixed it up with the name of another role that wasn't even in the role list. If they claimed before BCH, where did they pull Iris from? If they claimed after BCH, how did they not double-check their role name before counterclaiming? Just seems really weird either way.

2. BCH is a neutral who made bad decisions, Child of Ariadne is a lying wolf who wants to avoid suspicion after BCH's flip. I don't see why a wolf in that position would go back on their claim and make themselves look even weirder, instead of just claiming to be a second Child of Iris, but maybe they panicked? Again, requires really weird decisions on BCHs part, too.

3. BCH is a lying wolf, Child of Ariadne is a real neutral. BCH's decisions make slightly more sense in this case. Still really weird for the real neutral to get their name wrong, same as possibility 1. I guess in this world it would just be a coincidence that the real neutral used the wrong name and then BCH picked the same name for a fakeclaim??

4. Both are wolves who got really confused about their fakeclaims and/or both accidentally used the same fakeclaim. I could easily see that happening, but I don't understand why the "Child of Ariadne" would change their claim instead of just continuing to pretend to be a child of Iris and getting neutral cred when batcathat was lynched. Maybe panic? Maybe they really hate bussing their buddy??

All these options are really weird. I think 3 or 4 are most likely, probably. I definitely still think we should vote BCH today (or do the vote split plan with the intention of lynching BCH). Even if they're somehow telling the truth, it's worth it to kill a neutral in order to get more info on this weirdness.

Apogee, I'd like to see that conversation regardless of batcathat's flip, if that's fine with you.

EDIT: So many ninjas... then again it did take me like 50 min to write this post.

Yes, I plan on outing the conversation overnight probably.

Here's the relevant part from the initial claim "I'm a neutral Child of Iris ... (A visit to the wiki informs me that Iris and Dionysus are married)" with re-claim being that who was who was just mixed up.

Now, its possible this was a bungled claim or a bungled fakeclaim, but who knows.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Null. If it were somebody else, a single bare post would make me suspect the person is trying to fly under the radar, but FF is a mod so they're probably just busy. As always, I'd still like to see more content from them.

Shiny badges aside... this is pretty much my usual style. I'm quiet and then cannot keep my mouth shut once I'm on the lynching block.
    And no, that's not an invitation to dog pile me!
    As it stands, Batcathat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #324
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I've gotten a doublevoter claim, and they are on Emmy.

I believe that puts the count at 10 v 9. Obviously having Batcathat vote would be preferable, but right now we could have one more on Emmy.

Ideally, if Batcathat never votes, we leave the count with an (x+1) versus (x) split so one person can unvote right before 9 if we want to do the split.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Apogee has a claim from the double voter, so he can coordinate the voting if neccesary.

That was the original plan, my friend. I've no clue where the claimant double voter is right now, only Apogee can say that for sure.
    I was referring to the fact that bladescape asked wether we need 1 more vote on BHC, which is true if the double voter is on Emmy.

Though seeing the reply I'm thinking I missed someone saying the doublevoter should target Emmy in the original planning, because until now I thought that was left unsaid.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    If you are a group of wolves choosing fakeclaim Neutrals, and you used the wrong one when fakeclaiming to Apogee?

I mean, that's one scenario where I can see this happening. I feel bad for the wolf faction if that's the case. But if Batcathat flips neutral, it disproves that conspiracy.

- - - Updated - - -

By "lines up with what they claimed earlier", do you mean they claimed a different power and it makes more sense for a Child of Ariadne?
    Yes, this exactly. I think I mentioned earlier how the other Iris claim was claiming a different ability and wincon?

- - - Updated - - -

That's not to say that the mistake wasn't just in crafting the fakeclaim, which is quite feasible if the person in question is a wolf.

27. - Top - End - #327

My example was not for this game, but for a general situation. Unless there is a missunderstanding between us, your first example was meant as a general situation. My example deffintly was (and I think, I made this clear in my post).

I also explained, that it would take a quite specific situation for this advice to be valid, while in a general situation the counterclaimer would be in serious trouble.

What I intended to say now is:

I think, your first post about this topic was plain wrong.

It is both wrong in the specific context of this game
    AND in the general context of a typical game.
    alright, It's not worth it to keep arguing over and trying to explain. We seem to have some wires crossed about what was said versus what was intended. If it makes you feel better, feel free to forget my original post. I stick by my second post as I know I put time and effort into that response. I'm sorry if I have misunderstood your examples and questions, I have tried my best to answer them and understand you, but it seems I keep getting us further and further off track. If you want to discuss this more, I am open to starting a QT, but otherwise, I feel this is just adding noise to this game that is not productive.

Sorry to everyone else for continuing the noise for so long.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Noise is good, don't feel like you have to apologize for contributing. Just be careful not to talk yourself into getting lynched!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Good to know, I was wondering about that as well but never got around to asking.

BatCatHat? I think your best bet now would be to change your vote to Emmy.
    This way, we can follow the plan without worring you might change your vote later to save your hide.
    Sure, I suppose I might as well bow out with grace. EmmyNecromancer, for either playing a neutral way better than me or being a much better liar.

Fitting how a game themed after Greek mythology would teach me a lesson about hubris. If I don't post again before end of day and barring any unexpected miracles I guess I'll see y'all in the post-game discussion. It's been brief, frequently stressful and occasionally embarrassing... but pretty fun.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

alright, It's not worth it to keep arguing over and trying to explain. We seem to have some wires crossed about what was said versus what was intended. If it makes you feel better, feel free to forget my original post. I stick by my second post as I know I put time and effort into that response. I'm sorry if I have misunderstood your examples and questions, I have tried my best to answer them and understand you, but it seems I keep getting us further and further off track. If you want to discuss this more, I am open to starting a QT, but otherwise, I feel this is just adding noise to this game that is not productive.

To be fair, this is better then explaining in private your public statement I think. Keeping it where everyone can see it- that is, assuming you aren't going to say things you aren't ready to share publicly (which doesn't seem to be the case this time).