New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

I am around and 0lan to check in several times before day ends, if a vote needs to move, but as I am voting BCH, I don't think I can help unless too many pile on all of a sudden.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Approximately 20 minutes until end of day. Current vote count is ready so I'll get working on the post and make changes if votes change. Also I had questions for a few of you that would be ideal if I got the answers by end of day but if not then oh well. So check your QTs if you can.

- - - Updated - - -

End of Day 1

Spoiler: Votes
    Show
    Rogue Alchemist 1: Book Wombat
    JeenLeen 1: Rogan
    Batcathat 10: Apogee, Avatar Vecna, Emmy Necromancer, Flat Footed, Libro, Murska, RogueAlchemist, Snowblaze, Valmark, Xihirli
    EmmyNecromancer 10: Batcathat, Bladescape, The Impossible to spell Cape, Elenna, Jeenleen, Mornshine, shal06, Totafileplayz, Zelphas

People start immediately accusing each other and chaos reigns in the wake of the death of beloved gac3.

"I am the child of Athena, don't kill me!"
    "Uh… no. I am the child of Athena."
    There is an uproar.
    "Oops. I meant I am the child of Iris. Yeah that."
    "Um… I have a friend that told me they were the child of Iris."
    "Kill the double liar!"
    "They must be the murderer."
    "Ops guys. Turns out my friend meant Ariadne. Not Iris."
    Everyone pauses in confusion.
    "Guys I am the child of Nemesis. I break ties."
    "I know, let's try to kill both and see if that one can make us kill the liar!"

And suddenly everyone calms down and lines up in two organized lines to try to murder one of their fellow campers. They decide to just throw a dagger at the two of them and see who it hits.

Batcathat has died. They were the Child of Iris, Neutral. Victory Status: Currently Inconclusive.

Spoiler: Role QT
    Show
    Child of Iris: Your mother is in charge of the main means of communication for the gods and their children. You have the ability to hack the Iris network.

Each night choose one person to target. You gain access to a random QT they have made. They will not be informed of this unless you choose to inform them.

You are Neutral. Your win when you have access to a QT for every living player without their knowledge. If you tell a player that you have access to their QT, they do not count towards your win unless you get access to another. All active participants of a QT count towards your victory, not just the one who made it. QTs obtained through other means also count towards your win if at least one active participant is unaware you have access.

I understand this is probably the most complicated roll in the game. So if you have questions, let me know.

Night 1 begins. You have 24 hours. Please post any actions you may have in your role QT. Also keep an eye out. More information may be forthcoming during the night.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, anyone who does and isn't familiar, check your QT for the dead chat. People in QTs that contain more than one person, I'll PM you the dead chat link.
    Last edited by gac3; 2021-06-03 at 08:03 PM.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

So, uh, I hope gac3 is waiting for an answer from EmmyNecromancer, because this looks... well, not necessarily bad, but really annoying.

4. - Top - End - #364

ClericGuy

Okay, this is interesting.

BatCatHat was innocent, after all...
    So, kill the Child of Ariadne now?

At first I was worried about Emma, but I realized she would have to state her intent of leaving the game to Gac before he will let us know she has won.

This would mean, two neutrals gone. 19 players remaining.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Batcathat has died. They were the Child of Iris, Neutral. Victory Status: Currently Inconclusive.
    I wonder if Currently Inconclusive means he might have won, but it depends on what other folk do in the transition from Day to Night. Or if it's just a way of redacting the win condition.

6. - Top - End - #366

ClericGuy

Well, we know the win condition now.

But I guess, there is a chance he will get a ressurection? So he could still win, as long as the game is running?
    I don't think he will get QT access while dead, but since he does not have to activate his power, it still might be happening? If so, he can win even while dead.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Oh, right. I didn't read all the Spoiler.

I guess he could win, either through someone in the deadchat sharing links with him that other folk don't know about.
    E.g., if Apogee dies, he could probably let Batcathat win via sharing the Town network, but not telling us that. We do don't technically KNOW (even if we assume) and batcathat gets a win despite being dead.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll go to Cabin #16 and spectate on the action, now that I have won. Good luck to everyone else."

EmmyNecromancer has left the game. She was the child of Nemesis, Neutral
    Victory Status: They have won.

Spoiler: Role
    Show
    You are a child of Nemesis.

You have the following power:
    Tie Breaker. Children of Nemesis have enhanced control over probability. Each day you may cast a secret vote. This vote will only play a factor in the event of a tie. Your vote will choose who dies in the event of a tie.

You are neutral aligned. Your win condition: Break a tie.

9. - Top - End - #369

ClericGuy

Comgratulations, Emmy. I'm glad trusting you turned out well.

10. - Top - End - #370

I think that has to count as one of the easiest neutral wins I've had the honour of spectating.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

11. - Top - End - #371
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

"I'll go to Cabin #16 and spectate on the action, now that I have won. Good luck to everyone else."

EmmyNecromancer has left the game. She was the child of Nemesis, Neutral
    Victory Status: They have won.

Spoiler: Role
    Show
    You are a child of Nemesis.

You have the following power:
    Tie Breaker. Children of Nemesis have enhanced control over probability. Each day you may cast a secret vote. This vote will only play a factor in the event of a tie. Your vote will choose who dies in the event of a tie.

You are neutral aligned. Your win condition: Break a tie.

Day 1 loses I've seen plenty of. Day 1 wins, though? Not so much. Well played Emmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    I think that has to count as one of the easiest neutral wins I've had the honour of spectating.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    Day 1 loses I've seen plenty of. Day 1 wins, though? Not so much. Well played Emmy!
    I was on the fence about how many I should require... I didn't expect people to line up to do it. If I use that type of role again I will increase the number of ties needed.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

I was on the fence about how many I should require... I didn't expect people to line up to do it. If I use that type of role again I will increase the number of ties needed.
    Neutrals are not town, and can easily beef up the wolves if they remain in the game. This causes them to be a negative utility to the town, and as such should be eliminated preferably by fulfilling their win condition if feasible(tie sure, lose the doctor no way.)

14. - Top - End - #374

ClericGuy

It is quite impressive to get 20 people to agree to a certain vote pattern.
    But I guess that BCH was so obviously a wolf (except, he wasn't) helped her.

We had one target everyone could get behind.
    Still, well played.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Congrats Emmy!

We should probably save the detailed public discussion of batcathat and the "Child of Ariadne" until Day phase, in case it helps the wolves pick their actions. (Saying this mostly for the benefit of the new players.)
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

16. - Top - End - #376

ClericGuy

I will go to bed now.
    I wanted to witness my first EOD live, but I realy should get some sleep now. (3:40 here...)

Good night everybody (both IG and IRL )

17. - Top - End - #377
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

And yeah, I think it helped that there was one obvious non-Emmy target.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? A ninja in the literally 30 seconds since my last post?
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

18. - Top - End - #378

Ninjas are everywhere.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

So Apogee who's Ariadne's kid? I think they have some splainin to do.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

20. - Top - End - #380

Well I still managed to mix up the timezone conversion, even with me posting a count-fown and gac updating it. Glad everything went as planned. We'll see what the night brings.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    So Apogee who's Ariadne's kid? I think they have some splainin to do.
    Oh, yeah. Generally we avoid talk at Night, but naming this person sounds wise since Apogee wants to keep their fellow Child of Demeter secret, so he should out the supposed "Ariadne" just in case he dies tonight.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm...I still kinda wanna call out something that I saw today, but not it's not clearly "this person is defending another wolf religiously" because BCH flipped neutral.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #383
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

That’s annoying. I was really hoping Batcathat would be a wolf.

I may as well just admit it, I suppose: I’m the Child of Ariadne.

Spoiler: My initial claim to Apogee
    Show

I'm a neutral Child of Iris - I win if at least one child of Dionysus survives the game. (A visit to the wiki informs me that Iris and Dionysus are married). I'm guessing the "at least one" is because one of the children of Dionysus is a wolf and the other is town, giving me a choice of who to work with. I don't have a night action.

So. Want to work together? Leave me alive and tell me who Dionysus's children are, and I'll help you catch wolves. I'll even vote for a child of Dionysus if you have a good enough case.

Spoiler: My second claim
    Show

So. Uh. I am:
    a) the world’s biggest idiot
    b) actually a child of Ariadne, not Iris

...sorry. Basically what happened was I got bored pregame and went on a wiki walk to see what neutrals there might be - I liked Iris as a character and spent a while thinking about plausible powers. Then when I claimed to you I was multitasking and just... typed the wrong thing and didn’t realise until I saw Batcathat’s claim and your counter. The rest of my claim is accurate, though, and https://riordan.fandom.com/wiki/Ariadne should show you that she, not Iris, is married to Dionysus.

I’ll be taking questions and analysing tomorrow assuming I haven’t been shot for looking incredibly suspicious. There’s also some analysis in my QT with Apogee, which I’ll leave to him to post. And if any children of Dionysus don’t think I’m a lying wolf, my inbox is open.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm about to go to bed. Night ends in a little over 15 hours so plenty of time. Almost everyone who has an action has gotten me their details. Just a note to anyone who might be new or not already know, you can change your target as many times as you want before the end of night. I look forward to puzzling out this mess of actions.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

For what it's worth, Snowblaze's explanation sounds reasonable. It could be a good cover story for a wolf who goofed up, but it's believable.
    Her claiming before Apogee could out her feels sincere, but could also be a wolf trying to gain cred, but that's a WIFOM spiral that doesn't really lead anywhere.

---

...from something Apogee told me, he suspects a Champion of Hera is in the game, based on something someone else told him. (To my possibly-incomplete knowledge, nobody has claimed that Role to Apogee.)
    I think this Champion might have a win-con opposed to mine and might know it. No hard evidence, and nothing I want to state more explicitly publicly, but...

Well, I wouldn't state this even this openly usually lest I draw that Champion's ire, but the Champion of Hera can likely deduce who I am. We've got 2 exited neutrals, 2 neutral claims (me and Snowblaze), and apparently a Champion of Hera floating around. That's 5 neutrals, 4 if Snowblaze is a wolf who really goofed up. 5 or 6 neutrals sounds incredibly unlikely. Whoever the Champion of Hera is, they can conclude I'm the opposed Neutral.

So, Champion of Hera, if you'd like to discuss things, please feel free to PM me a QuickTopic. Maybe there's a way we can both win.
    Or wait until Day if you like. I think it'd be a waste for the wolves or a vigilante to kill me, but... well, no reason wasting a QT if I die this Night.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not sure about that role claim. Name-wise? Eh, sure. Win condition, though? 'At least one of two roles survives' is iffy to me, especially without any related ability - it's a win con that the player themselves can't do anything about.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I'm not sure about that role claim. Name-wise? Eh, sure. Win condition, though? 'At least one of two roles survives' is iffy to me, especially without any related ability - it's a win con that the player themselves can't do anything about.
    It doesn't help that even if she's telling the truth about what happened...like, her cover story is "I was wiki-walking and trying to figure out what other neutrals might be in the game, and what powers they might have" oh I see so you were trying to puzzle together a plausible-sounding fakeclaim?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

I think everyone has given me actions. But if anybody wants to make any changes, reminder that night ends in about two and a half hours.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Assuming they are telling the truth, there are 3 scenarios. It is likely the role was made without caring about the alignment of the dionysus' children.

1: Both Dionysus Children are town, making it so that we have someone who is invested in winning with town,
    2: One Dionysus Child is town, the other is a wolf. Wolves will seek out the town Dionysus and kill them. While Town will want to kill the Wolf Dionysus.
    3: Both Dionysus Children are wolves. The child of Ariadne is now an extra wolf, that apparently didn't start with the knowledge of Dionysus's roles.

These 3 scenarios are if they are telling the truth. Dionysus Children will likely try to get in contact with them if they believe Ariadne's Claim.

There is another matter however, and it's a simple one really, there can't be 5 wolves, and 5 neutrals, since that means there was a lylo day 1, and that is not something any game should have. And From the neutrals we've seen so far, that isn't an all that unlikely scenario. There is something off with that count. This makes me believe there is some deception at work, and since they are claiming they don't have a night action something easily verifiable. I will trust they kept it in mind, and makes me believe they are more likely to if they are lying be one of these following roles, all as a wolf. As No Townie should try to fakeclaim, just don't role claim.

Poseidon: Big Reveal
    Ares: Hard to Kill
    Ares: Vicious Warrior
    Aphrodite: Deceptive Appearance
    Hades: Highway to Hades

Of These All of them are player roles without a true Night Action, as they can't really target anyone. Already, We can effectively Cross Off Aphrodite's Deceptive appearance unless there are wolf seers in play, that make it impossible to verify one or the other.

Now of these four which ones do they need to come up with a fakeclaim? All of Poseidon, Ares' Children have viable reasons for not wanting to roleclaim. Particularly Big Reveal, and Vicious Warrior. After All, the first one if they did end up as a wolf, and they roleclaimed it, they would be expected to Show themselves. Vicious Warrior on the hand wants people to doubt them, and lynch them to hopefully get one of the valuable roles out of the way. Worst part of Vicious warrior? If they are suspected and revealed people still have to play along, because if they don't they'll likely be targetted by the wolves at subsequent nights. Provided they aren't neutral.

Overall, I believe the most likely is She's Ares: Vicious Warrior on the Wolf Side. However, if they are either, vote count still matters, so they'd want to still be alive.

Roles we know they can't be though they would have been possible.
    Apollo: Smile Like Sunshine

Furthermore it makes sense that a wolf might want to learn about various gods to fakeclaim as a neutral. No one can counter that kind of claim, unless they were the specific neutral related to them in the first place. A Neutral child or Ariadne on the other hand? I just don't see it.

Overall odds? There is a 50% chance they are going to be an asset to the town if they are telling the truth, There is a 100% Chance they are harmful to the town if they are lying.

I don't know about you, but the sheer fact they don't have an action they can do to help them in their aims, makes me doubt the credibility of their role in the first place. Making me more likely to lean they are a wolf fakeclaiming.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Okay, I guess we're discussing this now.

5 wolves and 5 neutrals isn't really LYLO, that would only be the case if all the neutrals were guaranteed to side with the wolves, which I would assume is not true. Also, there could be four wolves. Actually, totadile, what makes you think there are exactly 5 wolves?
    That being said, I'll agree that 5 neutrals seems like too many for a 21-player game.

(Do we have 5 neutral claims? I also thought there were five but can't remember why now. Batcathat, Emmy, Jeen, supposedly Snowblaze... who else?)

I'll also agree that "I don't have any power" is super weird in an all PR game and reads to me like "I didn't want to fake a power that I couldn't actually do".
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!