New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

@Snowblaze I suspect you'll want to continue your isos right?

2. - Top - End - #602
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Not dead.

How.

That aside, @totadile not during night phase. And tomorrow I think it'll be more productive to go over interactions with the flipped wolf and try and untangle what happened there.

Assuming I'm not vigged, of course.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

If the other Zeusling dies tonight, what's folk's preference on if I stay or exit the game?

I probably should exit so I focus more on work, but giving analysis is fun and I'd have no reason not to act as a Townie. But if there's strong preference I exit, I can exit.
    Also figure folks' answer to this might act as evidence of their faction, so I'm helping the Town a wee bit by asking.

- - - Updated - - -

SHOULD ADD: I have no clue who the person is, nor any reason to think they are dead. I'm asking because I want to have some consensus about it in case the wolves hit the vig tonight, not because I have any reason to think they really will.
    Adding this "SHOULD ADD" because I realized my asking might look like I shared some intel with the wolves and had reason to think they'd hit the vig. But I really have no info to share. (If I hadn't targeted Elenna last night, and instead knew who the vig was, you can be sure I woulda outted them when the concensus was "we should kill the vig, but, drat, nobody but Apogee knows who they are.")

It's fun being able to be defensive without it looking wolfy ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

And I'll also note that I got Narrator-confirmation about Zeusling still exists.
    I realize we already know this in several ways, but I figured I'd share that in case I die tonight and it's somehow helpful to know.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Reading back over some stuff I missed yesterday, it does make me think it's possible but incredibly unlikely that both Zeuslings are wolf.
    I already said this to some degree, but seeing how quickly and forcefully Xi pushed for naming and killing the vig really looks like a wolf wanting to get info for their death. If they also lynch the vigilante, great; if not, at least the wolves know who it is. (Same reason I thought Batcathat was fakeclaiming, and got Libro to reveal.) I don't think Xi would have pushed that so strongly if both were wolf, since it didn't seem likely at least one would die that Day. If both were wolf, Xi would likely have pushed the Snowblaze wagon instead of assuring a wolf died.

So, yeah, the vig is Town. Pretty much confirmed. Sad to say it, but worth saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    It was pretty abundantly obvious that AV was very useful for Town with his significantly large and well-presented walls of analysis. I can't see any reason a Town vig would fire at someone who's either active and useful Town or a Wolf who's posting so much that they'll certainly incriminate not only themselves but their partners soon enough.
    In the vigilante's defense, AvatarVecna also makes very long and useful-looking posts while a wolf, full of analysis. When a wolf, she seeds them with subtle lies or manipulations in order to direct people away from her fellow wolves or setting up distance from them. (She sometimes has subtle misinfo in them while Town as well, to try to draw out a wolf or make herself look like less of a target, but it's less likely.)
    So killing her is a good way to determine if her posts are trustworthy or not.

I still think it was unwise that the vig didn't coordinate with Apogee, but I can understand them thinking killing AV was worthwhile. Just a shame for Town AV happened to have a very powerful Role.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Troll in the Playground

I would much rather have a wolf writing long thoughtful posts of analysis filled with lies and subtle manipulation than a wolf not posting much at all hiding in a large crowd of other people not posting much at all. No matter how good a liar you are, the more you speak, the easier you are to catch in a lie.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I would much rather have a wolf writing long thoughtful posts of analysis filled with lies and subtle manipulation than a wolf not posting much at all hiding in a large crowd of other people not posting much at all. No matter how good a liar you are, the more you speak, the easier you are to catch in a lie.
    Good point.
    I do agree with you in general. If not that Xi flipped as a Zeus-wolf, I'd be way more suspicious of our vig as a wolf. (And that's not just because I want them dead per my Role. Even thinking as a Townie, it looks odd how that played out. Part of me wants to go all paranoid and focus on that it's possible both RNGed as wolf and that Xi was purposefully trying to call out a scumbuddy to get killed, so it's possible the vig is a wolf... but I think it so unlikely that I'm not even going to try to argue that point.)

I'm just saying I can see a reason why the vigilante might have thought the best thing for the Town was to kill AV, either to remove a resourceful wolf or to give credence to her analysis.
    But if you want to kill the vigilante to make sure, I'm certain to help

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

Public reminder. Night ends in 6.5 hours. Don't forget to put night actions up if you have them.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Public reminder. Night ends in 6.5 hours. Don't forget to put night actions up if you have them.
    It's so sad the day/night cycle is in the middle of the night for me. I'll probably won't be here to witness the results. I'm sure, things will be fascinating.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

FYI that my computer access might be scant during Tuesday, especially access to QuickTopic. (I might get in the forum a bit, but likely will be incommunicato via QT.)
    Hope to check things tonight, though.

10. - Top - End - #610

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Not dead.
    I guess we can rule out the possibility that your victory condition is "Narrowly escape death". That's unfortunate, since you are really good at it.
    Enough night talk for me

11. - Top - End - #611
    Barbarian in the Playground

Here's to hoping I don't die tonight.
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2021-06-07 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Let's see what happens.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone else excitedly waiting for night to end? I sure am.

13. - Top - End - #613

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Anyone else excitedly waiting for night to end? I sure am.
    Yep I am Too. There is this tiny bit of hesitation and excitement wanting to see who died during the night to see the next set of clues.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

Night 2 Ends

Another eventful night. People sneaking around doing gods know what. More laughter, a lot of tension, and more flashes of light. Once again the night ends with a crack of thunder and a body.

Apogee is found, once again crackling with what electricity still courses through the body.

Apogee has died. They were a child of Demeter. Town.

Spoiler: Role QT
    Show

Demeter: Your mother is the queen of plants and grain.

Your powers are:
    Sibling: You begin the game with knowledge of another child of Demeter.
    Sibling: You begin the game with knowledge of another child of Demeter.

The children of Demeter are Apogee1 and REDACTED.

You are town aligned.

Begin Day 3. You have 48 Hours. For real this time.

Once again, let me know if I missed giving feedback to someone expecting it. I know I already missed one person and only noticed because they changed their action after I prepped everything for posting.

15. - Top - End - #615

Planetar

Well we were wrong it seems to heavily imply the vigilante is a wolf. So jeenleen your on town's side how does that make you feel?

16. - Top - End - #616
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Well... that's a bit unfortunate. Either both Zeuslings really were/are wolf, or the Zeusling vig got redirected in the night to kill Apogee. The fact that the vig's identity was never revealed makes this really suspicious, though.

Did anyone get any good information in the night that we can work with?
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #617

Planetar

Ultimately the laughter might mean that The Vigilante was redirected. However it doesn't matter, because they are the only apparent killing role in the game. The Dionysus roleblocker however should stay on who they previously targeted.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    Well... that's a bit unfortunate. Either both Zeuslings really were/are wolf, or the Zeusling vig got redirected in the night to kill Apogee. The fact that the vig's identity was never revealed makes this really suspicious, though.

Did anyone get any good information in the night that we can work with?

Bladescape
    is a wolf, does that count?

Removing my vote since this is a forgone conclusion, on the off chance I need to dodge a beast kill.
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2021-06-08 at 10:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #619

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post

Bladescape
    I assume your role would back up this claim?

Bladescape

20. - Top - End - #620
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Bladescape
    That would absolutely be useful! Was this from a nightly power, or observation?
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #621

Planetar

Bladescape
    Ah Son of Hades used AV's power. And yeah this does count. Bladescape The killer is definitely a wolf now though which needs to be roleblocked constantly.

22. - Top - End - #622

On other topics, Apogee's mason buddy should be able to pop into our QTs with information for us so we can keep the town network up that way. Everyone should keep giving feedback there and the Mason buddy can introduce themselves as long as it feels safe.

23. - Top - End - #623

Planetar

@Jeenleen I have changed my thoughts on this as it is pretty clear the vigilante is a wolf, and you'd be actively hunting approximately half the wolves with town, I believe you'll be incredibly useful as a pseudo townie.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    I assume your role would back up this claim?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    That would absolutely be useful! Was this from a nightly power, or observation?
    Well spotted, totadileplayz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #625

First of all, I want to note that nothing says that Hades Child taking AV's power has to be town.

Secondly, I can confirm they scried me, likely to ensure their claim of attack was confirmed as I was also targetted by the Watcher.

I am The Scanner, as Apogee already knew.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

26. - Top - End - #626

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    First of all, I want to note that nothing says that Hades Child taking AV's power has to be town.

Secondly, I can confirm they scried me, likely to ensure their claim of attack was confirmed as I was also targetted by the Watcher.

I am The Scanner, as Apogee already knew.
    Oh absolutely Flat Footed did not vote for Xihirli however he could have easily prevented his theoretical buddy's death by voting for Snowblaze an additional day is a good thing.

There are arguments for this line of logic. However, if we assume that Flat Footed is a wolf he'd be outing himself today, and would be lynched tomorrow anyway. Since this is a 21 player game and we currently have 16 players at max 4 of them are wolves. This gives him a weak hand tomorrow as 14 players would be here tomorrow. Not nearly enough for them to change the tides, and they would be losing a wolf. So it is in our best interests to follow this strategy since ultimately it ends up with a lynched wolf irregardless.

27. - Top - End - #627

Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    Oh absolutely Flat Footed did not vote for Xihirli however he could have easily prevented his theoretical buddy's death by voting for Snowblaze an additional day is a good thing.

There are arguments for this line of logic. However, if we assume that Flat Footed is a wolf he'd be outing himself today, and would be lynched tomorrow anyway. Since this is a 21 player game and we currently have 16 players at max 4 of them are wolves. This gives him a weak hand tomorrow as 14 players would be here tomorrow. Not nearly enough for them to change the tides, and they would be losing a wolf. So it is in our best interests to follow this strategy since ultimately it ends up with a lynched wolf irregardless.
    See, I can't even argue with this. I don't know why they think lynching me is worth a wolf. Maybe they thought I was the other Mason?

But no even if they did that they shouldn't go after me with this ploy because I'd just then post in QTs and tell people to lynch FF.

All I ask is that you send FF to the grave once I flip green.

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

28. - Top - End - #628

Planetar

See, I can't even argue with this. I don't know why they think lynching me is worth a wolf. Maybe they thought I was the other Mason?

But no even if they did that they shouldn't go after me with this ploy because I'd just then post in QTs and tell people to lynch FF.

All I ask is that you send FF to the grave once I flip green.
    Absolutely if you flip green I'll vote for flat_footed.

29. - Top - End - #629

Well that's all I can ask for.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Alright lets test this bladescape scry then.

Just from a quick skim of the end of last day, Valmark and Mornshine get serious townie points for putting the Xi wagon over the edge.
    Rogan, on the other hand, looks very suspicious for suddenly changing back to Snow - could easily be a wolf bussing their wolfbuddy Xi and then getting nervous and switching away when it looked like Xi might actually get lynched. Of course, that assumes that Snow is actually a neutral, which I'm still not convinced of. Gonna have to think about that some more.

The vig definitely looks really suspicious, yeah. I guess it's possible the wolves scried them or figured out who they were or something and redirected them?

The lack of a second wolf kill is... weird. Haven't figured out what's happening there yet. I guess we could have gotten a lucky void/bane again. I'm starting to wonder if gac was being cryptic on purpose and the wolf!vig actually does have only one kill.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, this is a BS argument and I think you have enough experience to already know that. Like totadile said, no way wolf!flat_footed would falsely accuse a townie like this when he'd just be lynched the next day.
    But sure, if for some really strange reason you flip town, I'll vote flat_footed tomorrow.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!