New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Oh, right. Even better this way.
    Jeen, in case of my survival, target me.
    You can verify the boring part of my claim and neutralize my power, so I can't be abused by the wolves.

By the way, this was not the announcement Gac was talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    Has to be Poseidon: Big Reveal, only one which is mod confirmed.
    All I'm going to say is that I wanted to make sure when the announcement is made, it will be backed up by me. Any attempts at fake announcements in the meantime shall be shot down by me.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    All I'm going to say is that I wanted to make sure when the announcement is made, it will be backed up by me. Any attempts at fake announcements in the meantime shall be shot down by me.
    This is NOT a mod confined announcement.
    But I want you all to know I am half expecting a wolf child of poseidon reveal.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

I wonder why it is taking so long

4. - Top - End - #664

ClericGuy

It's obviously a trick, meant to prevent us from planning my execution.

5. - Top - End - #665

Planetar

It's obviously a trick, meant to prevent us from planning my execution.
    Just to be clear I don't care if you are town or a wolf. You do actually need to die.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Ogre in the Playground

Probably the person has dramatic timing or isn't online. I saw the relevant message when I work up. So please continue your normal murderous rages until further notice. It should be coming within a few hours based on past experience.

7. - Top - End - #667

ClericGuy

Just to be clear I don't care if you are town or a wolf. You do actually need to die.
    I agree. The question is, when and how?
    Since we have a wolf claim and a way to shut me down, I think I can be allowed to live one more day and night.

Do you have any reasons for wanting my death in addition to the things I have mentioned in my claim?

8. - Top - End - #668
    Titan in the Playground

Probably the person has dramatic timing or isn't online. I saw the relevant message when I work up. So please continue your normal murderous rages until further notice. It should be coming within a few hours based on past experience.

Por que no los dos?

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I had been awake when gac finally saw the message. Rogan, you didn't need to claim, you spend all day yesterday claiming. The wolves know. A neutral knows. Three people I'm leaning town know. The masons and I know. You know. That's 11-12 players, most of them alive, who already had figured out your power.

I'll probably go into more detail tomorrow, but anybody who seriously thinks the vig is a wolf at this point is out of their mind.

- - - Updated - - -

bladescape obviously
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-06-09 at 06:50 PM.

Currently Running WW/Mafia: flat_footed's Fallout 3: Forecast--Rapidly Changing Conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #669

Planetar

... I'm dumb I didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Also welcome back from the dead AV!

10. - Top - End - #670

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post

Por que no los dos?

- - - Updated - - -

I wish I had been awake when gac finally saw the message. Rogan, you didn't need to claim, you spend all day yesterday claiming. The wolves know. A neutral knows. Three people I'm leaning town know. The masons and I know. You know. That's 11-12 players, most of them alive, who already had figured out your power.

I'll probably go into more detail tomorrow, but anybody who seriously thinks the vig is a wolf at this point is out of their mind.

- - - Updated - - -

bladescape obviously

Yeah I'm glad your alive again!

And I'm glad you are convinced I'm town, despite my unfortunate decision to kill you.
    I still felt like I should get clear in public, so every member of town would know my position. Team wolf had to know it, since they could redirect me. So no danger from this side.

Now I feel confident to vote for the obvious target.
    Bladescape

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

Gladto be back! Although now that I've read through network stuff and announced myself, I probably need to go adult for awhile... ;-;

Currently Running WW/Mafia: flat_footed's Fallout 3: Forecast--Rapidly Changing Conditions

My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #672

Planetar

Here is a genuine question @Gac3 what would happen if the scanner was resurrected from the dead would they then gain access to the dead chat until they resurrected someone else?

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

Here is a genuine question @Gac3 what would happen if the scanner was resurrected from the dead would they then gain access to the dead chat until they resurrected someone else?
    Hmmm..
    That is a dynamic I had not considered. I'd say probably not but luckily we don't have to learn.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

Hmmm..
    That is a dynamic I had not considered. I'd say probably not but luckily we don't have to learn.
    Unless you run this game again another time.

My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #675

ClericGuy

Another question in a similar way:
    What would happen if Highway2Hades dies and the other child of Hades got his power?
    Could he read the deadchat? Could he resurrect someone?

16. - Top - End - #676
    Ogre in the Playground

Unless you run this game again another time.
    But now that I know the question, it won't be an on the spot decision! I've had several of those so far...

- - - Updated - - -

Another question in a similar way:
    What would happen if Highway2Hades dies and the other child of Hades got his power?
    Could he read the deadchat? Could he resurrect someone?
    The highway to Hades is the only power both usable by the dead and not usable by the command spirits power. That one I did have figured out.

17. - Top - End - #677

ClericGuy

But now that I know the question, it won't be an on the spot decision! I've had several of those so far...

- - - Updated - - -

The highway to Hades is the only power both usable by the dead and not usable by the command spirits power. That one I did have figured out.
    Okay, good to know and thanks for the info. I think it's quite interesting to see this kind of decision making.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, good to know and thanks for the info. I think it's quite interesting to see this kind of decision making.
    But I don't want to bog down all the voting and scheming and murder with too much mechanics talk. So while I do plan to make changes to this game and run it again down the line, I'll save most of that talk for the dead chat/post game chatting.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

But I don't want to bog down all the voting and scheming and murder with too much mechanics talk. So while I do plan to make changes to this game and run it again down the line, I'll save most of that talk for the dead chat/post game chatting.
    Yeah, deadchat is a pressure release valve you don't even know you have until you play a game where you don't and it's agonizing not to share just how people are accidentally screwing themselves over. Which always happens, because all-PR games are both popular and a neverending clownshow.

My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #680

Can I just submit that I don't like resurrection powers in a death confirm game? Carry on
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

yuk Re: Werewolf/Mafia: Percy Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    Can I just submit that I don't like resurrection powers in a death confirm game? Carry on
    Noted.

That apparently isn't long enough.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    I think it's kinda weird too, but since it benefits me I'm definitely gonna abuse it for my whole two seconds alive.

My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

I think it's kinda weird too, but since it benefits me I'm definitely gonna abuse it for my whole two seconds alive.
    I'll be honest. I had forgotten when I can back that I was on the docket to run a game. I threw this together and once I got so far I started brainstorming more about how the books would translate into roles and didn't think all of it through enough. But I've learned and definitely have ideas for running another improved Percy Jackson game.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

I'll be honest. I had forgotten when I can back that I was on the docket to run a game. I threw this together and once I got so far I started brainstorming more about how the books would translate into roles and didn't think all of it through enough. But I've learned and definitely have ideas for running another improved Percy Jackson game.
    I've got some suggestions, but per your request in the initial deadchat I'm gonna hold off until after the game before I start helping you plan the next one.

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #685

ClericGuy

I think this will be an interesting game. I might join again if I have the time.

- - - Updated - - -

But maybe, we should really go back to the usual subject of "Who should die and why?"

26. - Top - End - #686

Planetar

I think this will be an interesting game. I might join again if I have the time.

- - - Updated - - -

But maybe, we should really go back to the usual subject of "Who should die and why?"
    Everyone already knows who should die today

27. - Top - End - #687

ClericGuy

Everyone already knows who should die today
    Unless you think that there were only two wolves at the beginning of the match, there are still some more to catch.
    So, maybe go back and analyze the posts of Xi and blades to find out their partners?

While town has a comfortable situation right now, we still need to find some wolves.
    No need to wait.

I should help, I guess, but I have to go to bed now. Quite unfortunately...

28. - Top - End - #688
    Titan in the Playground

Unless you think that there were only two wolves at the beginning of the match, there are still some more to catch.
    So, maybe go back and analyze the posts of Xi and blades to find out their partners?

While town has a comfortable situation right now, we still need to find some wolves.
    No need to wait.

The efforts that should be put in today to catch additional wolves cannot be denied. Having a day that's basically no analysis is a mistake. But that doesn't change that we know who needs to die today. Not testing the scry just isn't an option. Even if somebody presents a case with irrefutable evidence that convinces absolutely everybody of that person's guilt, and that wolf also decides to confess because it was just such a good argument, we still need to kill bladescape first.

My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #689

Planetar

No need to wait.

The thing is though that frankly we will have more powers going off during the night phase which should allow the game to end more easily, and we also want confirmation for anyone who we do suspect without the wolves knowing who we are suspecting this means that speaking who we believe to be suspicious in this environment is a bad idea especially since a couple of roles are unknown to us but do confirm them to be unlikely to be wolves themselves.

30. - Top - End - #690

I mean, abusing the game mechs that benefit you is a time honoured tradition. Welcome back to the living.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!