New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [Lets Read] Exalted: Essence Previews

Eh, shame.

I like the idea that my Devil Princess concept was a slave who was tortured for the amusement of the person-in-charge of some nefarious operation, being laying broken and bleeding to death in some small cell, and then he demon approaches her with sweets words about how she was destined for so much more, had the potential to be greater than she is, but that bastard denied her the chance to prove herself... But the Demon has a way that she can be great with no way to stop it, if she'll let it and the Crysalis sort mends her broken body and places the scars and blemishes from previous tortures with strong demon flesh.

Meanwhile, the bastards see that the cell is no full of some kind of fleshy cocoon that they can't move or damage... And five days later the child/young woman that they've been torturing for their bosses amusement hatches from it and slaughters them all before freeing the other slaves and taking over the place of operations to create a stronghold from which to build power and eventually launch a crusade that will either rid creation of such evils or burn it to the ground trying.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Lets Read] Exalted: Essence Previews

I mean you can still do the chrysalis grotesque thing, and there is no Reclamation. the Yozis method of choosing Exaltation I've heard is basically:
    Rebel: I'm oppressed! I'm going to do whatever to fight back!
    Yozis: great! we, the Yozis are also oppressed, here have some power
    Rebel: thanks! wait, how were you guys oppressed?
    Yozis: well we were having wild parties while our lessers did all the work, when the suddenly stopped doing it and attacked us and imprisoned us instead! and now we can never get out because the other Exalts and gods put us here, they oppressed us just like you!
    Rebel: *realizing that they're just ancient tyrants* that....sounds like your oppressors in that situation?
    Yozis: we don't really understand or care about your human concepts anyways, but we do understand revenge and as long as you stick it to the gods and other Exalts and perhaps come by every now and then, tell us the stories of your awesome deeds we're really bored y'know and just want to feel pleasure vicariously through you screwing over the people we hate
    Rebel: the corrupt gods and Exalts about to go to war over some succession idiocy? okay, sure why not, i was going to do that anyways
    Yozis: then we have no problems with each other

if the Infernals came to the Yozis having revealed that they have improved all of Creation to be a utopia, the Yozis would be like "okay sure whatever, but did you screw over the gods and Exalts while you did it? I want hear your tales of how you flipped them off/killed them." thats all they care about.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".