New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: The Wild Beyond the Witchlight: A Feywild Adventure is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Telesphoros View Post
    I've seen everywhere from Sage Advice to Ted from Nerd Immersion state this as fact and get it wrong. 3 Classic settings are not coming out in 2021.

https://www.sageadvice.eu/ray-winnin...ings-for-2021/

If you listen to the original podcast where Ray Winninger talks about it in Sptember 2020 (should be a link from the aforementioned Sage Advice), he says they are working on a bunch of settings for DnD and 3 Classic settings are coming in the next year or two. Or Two! So this year and next year (2021-2022) will have a total of at least 3 Classic Settings they've been working on. And more non-classic settings.

Ravenloft coming first makes sense since they already had Curse of Strahd and much of Ravenloft mapped out for 5e. I'm thinking Spelljammer will be next in line, and probably Dragonlance late next year after the new Dragonlance book trilogy finishes releasing. Probably November as I'm sure September will be another Adventure book. Throw in another MTG crossover setting book/adventure next year too.

Also, I'm not saying they're not working on an expanded Forgotten Realms setting beyond the Sword Coast, because I'm sure that's been in the works for quite some time. They're Wizards of the Coast with papa Hasbro and they want to make money. Release a full Forgotten Realms setting and the money machine is just going to go "burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr." Still, I don't consider Forgotten Realms to be among the talked about Classic settings since it's been around 5e the entire time.

Methinks this Feywild Carnival adventure looking book and the the Ravenloft Carnival one are related via Isolde for this Adventure book. Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft has an expanded backstory for Isolde which includes another carnival and an archfey named Zybilna.

https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/fea...dio_blog_scary

In the latest blog on how to make DnD scary it mentions this at the bottom in the bonus section:

For full Isolde Feywild/Ravenloft and Feywild Adventure book theory, look here:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/du...ide-ravenloft/

Looks pretty legit to me when tying all the pieces together. The book cover kinda put the stamp of approval on it for me.
    FR counts as a classic setting, it's been published since the 80's, before MtG even existed. Longer if you count Ed Greenwood's Dragon Magazine articles.

And everything adds up to James Wyatt's book being a Faerun Campaign Setting Book. Synergy with AFR (seriously like 90% of the art will already be payed for thanks to AFR), the opportunity for synergistic marketing, the Draconic UAs that tie perfectly into Forgotten Realms lore, even the spell named after Fizban fits if he's a Planeswalker from Krynn visiting Toril in the upcoming AFR MtG set. It's be the second of 3 classic settings, with the third popping out early next year.

I think it will be named after either Ellywick Tumblestrum or Drizzt, like Ellywick Tumblestrum's Guide to Faerun. Ellywick Tumblestrum being a Bard Pkaneswalker and protagonist in the up coming AFR set and hostess for these announcement videos.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I would love a Forgotten Realms full campaign guide. The 3rd ed one is one of my favorite RPG books of all time. It helped me so much to develop my DM skills and I used almost all of it.
    In 3rd ed we also had books for specific parts of Faerum like silver marchers, the shinning south, etc, so SCAG would not be a problem.
    It's a long overdue as Faerum has many places untouched in this edition that had suffered a great deal in 4th ed
    Last edited by Rafaelfras; 2021-06-09 at 07:23 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rafaelfras View Post
    I would love a Forgotten Realms full campaign guide. The 3rd ed one is one of my favorite RPG books of all time. It helped me so much to develop my DM skills and I used almost all of it.
    In 3rd ed we also had books for specific parts of Faerum like silver marchers, the shinning south, etc, so SCAG would not be a problem.
    It's a long overdue as Faerum has many places untouched in this edition that had suffered a great deal in 4th ed
    *cough cough* Mulhorand and the Shaar say what?

But more of the areas detailed in the 3e FRCS that 4E... changed would be great to see.

4. - Top - End - #64

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon View Post
    *cough cough* Mulhorand and the Shaar say what?

But more of the areas detailed in the 3e FRCS that 4E... changed would be great to see.
    Right? I want that whole spell plague nonsense left behind and forgotten and a full guide would bring a lot of areas new stuff to focus on

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rafaelfras View Post
    ...Faerum...
    I know it's just a typo, might even be autocorrect, but this hit me as an amusing idea. I just threw together-

Bacardi
    Vanilla extract
    Grenadine
    Orange juice
    Lemon juice

Hard to give precise measurements, just trust your gut. Stir it until it becomes an effervescent neon pinkish-red. It's saccharine sweet with a bit of an old, nostalgic taste thank to the vanilla finish. Which fits the name rather well, I think!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Summer of Drizzt.
    I'll lay my head on the railroad track and wait for the double E ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    {Faerum}
    My suggestion.
    Ingredients.
    Bacardi - 1.5 oz
    Vanilla extract - a dash
    Grenadine - 1 teaspoon
    Orange juice - 1 oz.
    Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
    Assembly:
    Fill highball glass 2/3 with ice.
    Pour in rum, followed by grenadine, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and orange juice in that order.
    Stir until blended.
    Garnish with a slice of an orange.

I've been making old fashioned's lately, testing out some variations (wife likes less caster's sugar in hers) and a few home made cocktails.

I think that your Fae Rum is a neat idea, but I'll also suggest using Flora de Caña over Bacardi. Of course, that's a matter of personal taste.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2021-06-10 at 01:54 PM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

I was merely saying that it's not going to be a newly introduced classic setting to 5th edition like they're talking about for the 3 classic settings in two years deal. The Forgotten Realms has been the de facto default setting for 5th Edition. Sword Coast was the first setting released for 5th Edition. Countless Adventures and sourcebooks for 5th Edition tie into the Forgotten Realms.

Etc. etc ad nauseam. So I'm not gonna count it among the 3 classic settings they're releasing that fans have been clamoring for when it's been around the entirety of 5th Edition.

And again, I'm not saying they're not going to release more Forgotten Realms campaign setting style books, adventure books and sourcebook stuff. We all know they are. It's a money maker. They're a business. Makes too much sense not to release more. Just like the MTG crossovers will keep coming, at least once a year. Nothing is too new for them either, just look at the Strixhaven release.

It remains to be seen what the James Wyatt led book will be. It very well be could be a FR book. Or maybe a Draconomicon (he did the 3rd Edition one) style book useable for a bunch of different settings. Ellywick's Guide to Dragons. Maybe it will be an entirely new setting with a bunch of Dragon stuff. Or maybe it's something else entirely and it doesn't tie in to the dragon stuff at all. Maybe the dragon book comes later. Maybe it's something else to do with the Summer of Legend or the Summer of Drizzt. Adventures in the Forgotten Realms is coming, the first novel of the new Dragonlance trilogy is coming, and Salvatore's new Drizzt book "Starlight Enclave" is coming as well...

Hopefully it'll get announced in this Week of Legend Lore and we can stop going round and round about it.

EDIT: And Dark Alliances is coming too, because surely everyone wants to play as Drizzt in their video games. Anywho, that's today's Legend Lore. Maybe tomorrow will be Baldur's Gatea Critical Role joint announcement. Taldorei 5th edition official rerelease? And Friday saved for the biggest reveal of course. Maybe they'll surprise us all and the new book will be all about the new Drow Drizzt finds. Starlight Drow Elves and Greenshadow Drow Elves anyone? Not evil followers of Lolth either... guess Drow were next on the list to get the alignment makeover...
    Today's was new localizations and DA streams.

Tomorrow's has to be James Wyatt's book whatever it is because we know we are getting 3 major books this year post VRGtR, Chris Perkin's "Summer" adventure revealed to be Witchlight, James Wyatt's book still unrevealed and unanniunced, and lastly Amanda Hammon's book, revealed to be Strixhaven: Cirriculum of Chaos.

So I believe they have been saving Wyatt's book as the grand finale and the BIG announcement. Otherwise a promised book vanished into the ether along with the two Draconic Option UAs.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    My suggestion.
    Ingredients.
    Bacardi - 1.5 oz
    Vanilla extract - a dash
    Grenadine - 1 teaspoon
    Orange juice - 1 oz.
    Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
    Assembly:
    Fill highball glass 2/3 with ice.
    Pour in rum, followed by grenadine, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and orange juice in that order.
    Stir until blended.
    Garnish with a slice of an orange.

I've been making old fashioned's lately, testing out some variations (wife likes less caster's sugar in hers) and a few home made cocktails.

I think that your Fae Rum is a neat idea, but I'll also suggest using Flora de Caña over Bacardi. Of course, that's a matter of personal taste.
    That looks like an excellent recipe, more or less what I put together sans-garnish. Bacardi's just what I had on hand after a party, so it was either that or Myer's. FdC or... really anything higher on the shelf than Bacardi should make a nicer finish and a far better drink!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Well they announced it was the Summer of Drizzt with a new trilogy starting with the Starlight Enclave and the Dark Alliances video game where you get to play Drizzt, Bruenor, Wulfgar, and Cattie-Brie I believe. And of course the Adventures in the Forgotten Realms Magic: The Gathering crossover which they've already released the sneak peek at the Drizzt and Bruenor cards among others...

So I guess you're lucky the double E doesn't run anymore.

The wife uses Dragonberry Rum for a similar concoction. She calls it a Dragonfly.

We can only hope they put us out of our misery sooner than later. Funny that Wotc is in charge of DnD and M:TG, but only M:TG announces their upcoming releases like a year in advance. Last September we new everything that was coming out for Magic this year, while over on the other side Ray Winninger was doing the song and dance number of we're going to release a lot more stuff including classic settings, but we aren't going to tell you what anything they're working on years in advance.

And then they think they're sly with these Amazon leaks trying to build hype. Thing is, if anyone has been paying attention, Amazon has become WotC main distributor of their stuff these days, especially M:TG product. LGS are getting the shaft and can't get a bunch of stuff in decent numbers, while Amazon rolls out pallets and pallets, sometimes months after initial release... and Hasbro makes more money cutting out the middle man. /rant
    The Amazon leaks really were accidentally, they just revamped their Amazon store so it doesn't happen again.

But I agree with you that they should do as the MtG department does and tell you what the coming sets for the next year will be. In fact this September might be the first time the D&D depart does exactly that. Still it's harder for the D&D team because they trash 50% of the projects they start, the MtG team doesn't do that, and they start a project long before the D&D team does. It's horribly inefficient.

10. - Top - End - #70

RedWizardGuy

Oh my! That escalated quickly

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Kinda suspect that these past two leaks "accidently" happened over the weekend, right before the Monday and Tuesday they're officially announced for the Week of Legend Lore. It keeps happening over and over again. You'd think they would have fixed it long before this.
    I was able to speak privately with a member of the design team.

The leaks are NOT accidental. They're pretty ticked off it keeps happening.
    Avatar courteously cleaned up by thoroughlyS

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jaappleton View Post
    The leaks are NOT accidental. They're pretty ticked off it keeps happening.
    I had suspected as much, thanks for getting the inside dope on that.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

An exciting announcement of...an announcement. Apparently the real announcement will be at 2pm est, on Dragon Talks 300th episode.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Seriously, are they for real? If they want to build hype, even sans release schedule, talk about some specific things you're working on (FR campaign book, Desert adventure book, Dragon sourcebook) and then talk up the crunch, lore, and/or fluff contained therein. And hire a decent Media Director so we don't get bits and pieces strewn across the internet. The current hype machine for D&D 5th Edition is just broken. And exhausting. [/rant]
    For real, I use these forums for announcements instead of following any official channels. I shamelessly rely on the patience and excitement of fellow playgrounders. A Jaappleton topic always gets my immediate attention.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    For real, I use these forums for announcements instead of following any official channels. I shamelessly rely on the patience and excitement of fellow playgrounders. A Jaappleton topic always gets my immediate attention.
    You must've been seriously disappointed when I asked how to best build Seto Kaiba in 5E

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

You must've been seriously disappointed when I asked how to best build Seto Kaiba in 5E
    Eh, I roll dice as a hobby. Can't always land 20's.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

I never thought they were.

I can't think of the last time a release hasn't leaked in some way. Either what was coming up for release (such as this Feywild book) or what was inside the soon to be released book. D&D book leaks are now expected.

I'd suggest they announce 4 quarterly releases for the upcoming year of what they're working on maybe the September before, then save 2 release slots for the surprise secret stuff of which some might get axed or get postponed. They're current system definitely doesn't seem to be working out very well. And honestly I think it's really backfired for this Feywild Adventure gaging by what I'm reading and hearing.

Another thing that really doesn't work I think is how they announce stuff. Making announcements for when they're going to announce the upcoming teasers to present what they're working on for a release sometime in the future... Really?

[rant] Case in point. Announce a Week of Legend Lore, tease something different every day, get to the last one today on Friday, and it turns out to be a request to turn in to Dragon Talk Live on Twitch. Doesn't even have the Ellywick video up on the webpage. Nope, gotto go to Twitter for that. Ellywick says Dragon Talk Live will have interviews and even more reveals such as festivals, games and presentations. Half an hour or so later a tweet goes out to "Join for Dragon Talk Live with Ellywick Tumblestrum to reveal a few cards from Adventures in the Forgotten Realms (M:TG set) & share one last exciting announcement!" Of course if you go to the D&D Youtube channel the Ellywick video for today is labeled "D&D Celebration Announcement." So I guess that's part of what is going to be announced on Dragon Talk Live? Maybe? Maybe D&D Live 2021 info? There's also another tweet about "Choose your own journey with Heroes & Villains towards rewards and prizes!" Link takes you to yet another site and if you give out your mobile number you'll get more texts of teaser info. No thank you. Is it part of the festivals, games and prizes Ellywick was talking about though?

Guess we have to wait around for an hour of Dragon Talk Live, and then tune into the D&D Celebration 2021 later this year to find out more. Last's years was in September and celebrated the release of Frostmaiden and teased the preview of Tasha's. So is this year's D&D Celebration going to celebrate the release of Fewild and preview Strixhaven? And what ever happened to the other major release supposed to be happening this year? The one they talked about in the blog that is a book being led by James Wyatt that Ray Winninger himself initiated? The Feywild adventure book being teased as a Summer Adventure book in that blog was a bit of a stretch when it gets released the very last day of Summer. They talked about the JW book next, and then the Strixhaven book. So is it still being worked on? Coming out between Feywild and Strixhaven like the way it's posted in the blog? Who knows. I guess I'll read about it in the next leak.

Seriously, are they for real? If they want to build hype, even sans release schedule, talk about some specific things you're working on (FR campaign book, Desert adventure book, Dragon sourcebook) and then talk up the crunch, lore, and/or fluff contained therein. And hire a decent Media Director so we don't get bits and pieces strewn across the internet. The current hype machine for D&D 5th Edition is just broken. And exhausting. [/rant]
    It gets better, Ray Winninger tweeted in response to questions about the 3rd book that it is coming and that it's coming between Witchlight and Strixhaven, so October, with details for all three on D&D Live.

All the build up and the news is an after thought via tweets LMFAO.

According to Dragon Talk the whole thing was really last minute, so the Media Director or Community Manager might not be to blame if this was dropped into her lap at the last minute to throw together.

https://youtu.be/UfmAAWzoqr8

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znj7mN73W-k

This has been leaked accidentally by Amazon. NerdImmersion's video above dives into it a bit.

....I mean.... Did I call it, or did I call it?
    Since you have connections I was wondering I am crazy for thinking the James Wyatt book is a Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting type book like most folks seem to think I am, or is it possible I'm right?

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gyor View Post
    Since you have connections I was wondering I am crazy for thinking the James Wyatt book is a Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting type book like most folks seem to think I am, or is it possible I'm right?
    I am only speculating. This is NOT an informed opinion. Seriously. This isn't tongue in cheek, this is strictly my guess.

I think Wyatt is working on Dark Sun. I don't mean to get anyones hopes up with this, and if I'm wrong, I'm sorry to have given Dark Sun fans false hope.

But I think its Dark Sun.

They've increased the staff to the point where they can churn out books much more frequently, and they can cross highly requested content off the list at a greater pace than before. With the increased cadence in releases, these things can be addressed now.

Wyatt was involved with the Abyssal Plague novels and the Return to the Land of the Crimson Sun campaign guide for 4E's Dark Sun.

Its something he has experience with, for sure.

They pulled him off of MtG for a reason, and IMO it was to do something he has more experience with than any other 5E designer. And looking at the list, thats Dark Sun.

Again.... Just a guess. I think my logic is sound here.

But its just a guess.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

I'm now staking my emotional health on it being Dark Sun.

But in all seriousness, I'm also hoping something of Spelljammer is being looked at as well.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

I am only speculating. This is NOT an informed opinion. Seriously. This isn't tongue in cheek, this is strictly my guess.

I think Wyatt is working on Dark Sun. I don't mean to get anyones hopes up with this, and if I'm wrong, I'm sorry to have given Dark Sun fans false hope.

But I think its Dark Sun.

They've increased the staff to the point where they can churn out books much more frequently, and they can cross highly requested content off the list at a greater pace than before. With the increased cadence in releases, these things can be addressed now.

Wyatt was involved with the Abyssal Plague novels and the Return to the Land of the Crimson Sun campaign guide for 4E's Dark Sun.

Its something he has experience with, for sure.

They pulled him off of MtG for a reason, and IMO it was to do something he has more experience with than any other 5E designer. And looking at the list, thats Dark Sun.

Again.... Just a guess. I think my logic is sound here.

But its just a guess.
    James Wyatt was behind the Draconic subclass UA and the Draconic options UA, how would those fit into Darksun?

"They pulled him off of MtG for a reason, and IMO it was to do something he has more experience with than any other 5E designer. And looking at the list, thats Dark Sun."

I get that logic, but given how political charged the Forgotten Realms got last year over orcs, drow, and other "monster" races, etc...., wouldn't they want their most experienced guy on dealing with FR's issues, to "fix" percieved issues, especially since FR is the most popular setting Wizard's has, its money maker?

I mean a sign of this is the sudden emergence of Lorendrow and Aevendrow, more PC Drow and the redo of Kobolds in one of Wyatt's UAs. Yes RAS novel invovles these new Drow, but there is a bunch of art that is out there, and its not for his book because his novel isn't illustrated besides the cover, so that art has to be for something right?

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gyor View Post
    James Wyatt was behind the Draconic subclass UA and the Draconic options UA, how would those fit into Darksun?

"They pulled him off of MtG for a reason, and IMO it was to do something he has more experience with than any other 5E designer. And looking at the list, thats Dark Sun."

I get that logic, but given how political charged the Forgotten Realms got last year over orcs, drow, and other "monster" races, etc...., wouldn't they want their most experienced guy on dealing with FR's issues, to "fix" percieved issues, especially since FR is the most popular setting Wizard's has, its money maker?

I mean a sign of this is the sudden emergence of Lorendrow and Aevendrow, more PC Drow and the redo of Kobolds in one of Wyatt's UAs. Yes RAS novel invovles these new Drow, but there is a bunch of art that is out there, and its not for his book because his novel isn't illustrated besides the cover, so that art has to be for something right?
    You’re not wrong about any of this.

I also know Joe Manganiello mentioned having gotten a private look at some Dragon-focused material. I don’t know if it was Dragonlance or FR, if it was a super early look at that same UA or more story-oriented material. But Dragon-focused content.

The recently announced Feywild book has been in the works for years, code named Hourglass.

So.... It’s possibly Dark Sun has been getting worked on for some time. If I’m right that it is being worked on, by Wyatt. He’d likely be handling the lore and updating it, but any Psionics or subclasses handled by Petrisor, Dillon, etc with oversight from Crawford.

It’s also quite possible I’m entirely wrong on Dark Sun and Wyatt’s just working on FR or Dragonlance (again just a guess) content.

I just don’t see why they’d take Wyatt off MtG to make FR content.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

You’re not wrong about any of this.

I also know Joe Manganiello mentioned having gotten a private look at some Dragon-focused material. I don’t know if it was Dragonlance or FR, if it was a super early look at that same UA or more story-oriented material. But Dragon-focused content.

The recently announced Feywild book has been in the works for years, code named Hourglass.

So.... It’s possibly Dark Sun has been getting worked on for some time. If I’m right that it is being worked on, by Wyatt. He’d likely be handling the lore and updating it, but any Psionics or subclasses handled by Petrisor, Dillon, etc with oversight from Crawford.

It’s also quite possible I’m entirely wrong on Dark Sun and Wyatt’s just working on FR or Dragonlance (again just a guess) content.

I just don’t see why they’d take Wyatt off MtG to make FR content.
    Damn I never thought of that, I'd heard of Joe's alleged playtest of DL material, but ot never occurred to me that it might have been an early testing of the UA that Joe misinturrpted as being for DL, goodness knows others have jumped to that conclusion.

As for why pull James Wyatt off of MtG here is my theory.

1. Its not just for one book, they want to ramp up D&D book production and they don't have enough experienced hands acting as leads for the that, for that Wyatt has a pile of experience, and we allow them not only to ramp up releases, but also help train new project leads.

2. Wyatt has experience in both MtG and D&D and with all these crossovers such as Strixhaven, Ravnica, Adventures in the Forgotten Realms, and Theros, having the support of a veteran of both sides is an asset for cooperation. Btw Ari Levich also crossed the floor from MtG to D&D.

3. FR was caught in a major scandal last year (which I admitted found absurd) and they are trying to balance the demands of long term FR fans and new woker fans, with potential backlash for failure (or continued backlash for doing nothing), they turned to the writer who has experience in updating the Forgotten Realms for 3.5e (in Player's Guide to Faerun), in the hopes Wyatt can end the accusations of racism against WotC without enraging current fans of their most profitable setting. Already there has been backlash against the new Drow cultures, so the Forgotten Realms is a much more difficult file then DS, because its not a can you can kick down the road, when you've got 2 AAA games on the way, an FR MtG set, a potential Drizzt TV show, and 100 million dollar FR movie on the way.

Side note do you think I'm right about the Domains of Delight being a future setting book, with Witchlight acting like its Curse of Strahd? And if so could that South Asian content that the Ravenloft writer said he was working on for 2022 be a Domain for the Domains of Delight?
    Last edited by Gyor; 2021-06-12 at 04:46 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

I’ll state this.

This is an informed opinion.

The new Lineage system from Tasha’s was well in the works for a long time before some fans asked for separation between race and ability scores.

And things along that line are continuing to be worked on.

The changes to Drow, Orcs, etc? Those are being revealed because the content to go along with them, the whole package.... whether a setting, an adventure book, etc.... those changes are revealed because the full product is nearing completion and they’re ready to announce that product.

So when they went on a hiring spree and increase book production.... it’s also to address the changes some have been asking for.

When people scream at the design team they aren’t doing enough to address issue ______, they’ve been working on solutions for awhile now.

But the product as a whole to release alongside those changes isn’t quite ready yet. So the design team can’t tell back, “No, we ARE addressing those changes, we just can’t say what it is yet!”

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

I’ll state this.

The new Lineage system from Tasha’s was well in the works for a long time before some fans asked for separation between race and ability scores.

The changes to Drow, Orcs, etc? Those are being revealed because the content to go along with them, the whole package.... whether a setting, an adventure book, etc.... those changes are revealed because the full product is nearing completion and they’re ready to announce that product.

So when they went on a hiring spree and increase book production.... it’s also to address the changes some have been asking for.

When people scream at the design team they aren’t doing enough to address issue ______, they’ve been working on solutions for awhile now.

But the product as a whole to release alongside those changes isn’t quite ready yet. So the design team can’t tell back, “No, we ARE addressing those changes, we just can’t say what it is yet!”
    Wow that is some serious food for thought, I'm going to think on this, thank you for the intel.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I would be shocked if Dark Sun came out before they publicly locked down Psionics. They're too integral to the setting, and if they decide on some BS "spells as psionics" ploy, I'm gonna be mad.

But 5E Psionics has been a cluster-f of stupid that hasn't gotten toned down (Psion UA) or toned up (Tasha's) in any way that would work for the setting.

I pray to Azuth that you're wrong.
    Trollbait extraordinaire

27. - Top - End - #87
    Firbolg in the Playground

MonkGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
    I would be shocked if Dark Sun came out before they publicly locked down Psionics. They're too integral to the setting, and if they decide on some BS "spells as psionics" ploy, I'm gonna be mad.
    See, I think it is the other way around... If we see psionics it will be published in the Darksun book first; the same way we saw artificer published in Eberron... Because it is central to the setting and needs to be seperated in a way that can't be easily managed with other classes

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Sure, what I meant by publicly locked down is a fully integrated UA on Psionics. They'd basically have to get that out nowish if they wanted playtest / theorycrafting around it. They seemed to have tossed out the old Psion completely, and the Psionic stuff we got in Tasha's doesn't mesh into a full caster very easily outside of possibly reskinning current spells.

I don't need a Complete Psionics handbook prior to DS. I do need want to see what they're cooking up beforehand though.
    Trollbait extraordinaire

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

I’ll state this.

Makes me think a 6e is in the works somewhere...

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by EggKookoo View Post
    Makes me think a 6e is in the works somewhere...
    Maybe 5.5e. I thought Tasha's was the minor edition change, but it could just be a preview, a taste.