New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 10

"Woo-hoo! I can do that again!" Sirthis spurred Briar, making sure to position again so that he could hit as many as possible, then let out a second wave of godly seduction.

Aklah kept attacking a left over zombie after the other.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Same as before, DC 19 Wis save and 30 feet radius, positioning so as to hit as many as possible.

Aklah keeps attacking the stragglers.
    19 to hit, 15 slashing damage
    16 to hit, 13 slashing damage

Eris gritted her teeth, bathed in the lightning- and grinned as the claws and teeth didn't sink quite that well.
    "Believe me, that's not the only issue" and in the blink of an eye Black Ice flew in, leaving nine nasty gashes in the dragon's body.

Show
    FIGHTING SPIRIT
    ACTION SURGE
    RETALIATION STRIKE
    RAPID STRIKE
    HASTE ATTACK

22 to hit, 30 damage
    18 to hit, 28 damage
    31 to hit, 34 damage
    22 to hit, 25 damage
    31 to hit, 32 damage
    24 to hit, 30 damage
    20 to hit, 29 damage
    22 to hit, 33 damage
    32 to hit, 30 damage (slashing+radiant+necrotic all of them)
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-16 at 08:20 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis and Aklah managed to kill all the zombies present... and that is when through the cracks on the ceiling a seemingly endless wall of ghosts started floating toward him, flying right inside of him as cold and rot filled his body. Sirthis felt his life being drained from him as ghost after ghost flew into his body in a seemingly endless stream.

And suddenly he was reclining on a flower, his head on Sune's lap. "Shh, it's okay." She stroked his hair. "Everyone dies a few times at your level of power. Your healer friend'll fix it."

Eris dug into the dragon with Black Ice time and time again until she realized... she was behind the dragon now. She turned around and saw that she had cut her way through it in her blind range. The dragon coughed up blood crackling with electricity and then collapsed on the ground.

The three dragon ogres dropped their maces and lifted their hands over their heads.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis jumped up, eyes wide, gripping his chest and throat in a sudden panick attack as the all-too-vivid sensation of complete and horrible death got to him and he felt himself wheezing, gasping for breath- which he didn't need. Probably. But nobody told him that yet.
    "I-I" Sirthis struggled to speak "I... I... I... Didn't tell Mab... That I love her, this morning" he managed to say, thoughts running to his wife and children. But mainly his wife right now.

Eris casted Tongues on herself, after her rage subsided, standing atop the corpse.
    "Surrender accepted" she said sheating her blade "Where's the exit that takes me back to my group?" she looked around, now that it seemed like she had time to do that.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-16 at 09:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

"Hey." Sune hugged him close. "She knows. I don't see how she couldn't. It'll all be okay, Sirthis." She kept stroking his hair, filling him with comfort.

"You would need to ask one of the kobolds... we..." the dragon ogre frowned, trying to talk. "We not know this place well. Just here and larder and barracks."
    One shuddered. "You... you enslave us?"
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis took a few deep breaths, tentatively hugging Sune back.
    "I.... I know, I guess. That was an awful way to die though" he looked around to check what was Sune's afterlife like.

Eris shook her head "My name is Eris Lelahinn and your freedom is your own- you can do whatever you want" she said, beating her wings a couple times to fly in front of the dragon ogres- once landed, she added "Homewever I do have a proposal. Join me as allies- you help us navigate this place and in exchange we'll lead you outside. I'll take care of the traps and if you don't want to fight Takadox I won't make you" Eris looked around "We can welcome you in our home for homewever long you'll like to stay- nobody will try to enslave you, neither evil dragon nor anybody else. The only thing I'll ask is that you don't act aggressive towards the other residents, which I assume would be obvious" she extended a hand to shake.

"Otherwise feel free to go. But it doesn't sound like you want to live in this place- and if you don't you should do your best to get your freedom. There's a beautiful world out there waiting for you to see it" she tried smiling.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-17 at 04:33 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis was in an area very similar to the wells of allure with many large flowers acting as seating and, further in the distance, housing as he saw the petals moving aside to let people in and out. He heard sweet music coming from one, and people were gathering there. In the center of the village of flower houses people were bathing each other in a crystal clear lake, kissing and holding hands as they went. The place was filled with beautiful people who were surrounded by other beautiful people.
    "I know, sweetie. I know." Sune kept holding him.

The dragon ogres looked at each other, looking to have a headache from this, perhaps the first decision they were ever allowed to make for themselves. "Mother said... after she ate father... that only reason anyone would want us was as slaves."
    "You... good home?"
    "We should pick weapons up?" the third asked.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

"You knoooooow" Sirthis said looking on at the people there "I could keep moping or I could enjoy my time here. Just a t- wait. Do nymphs go to your afterlife on death? Is Mab's mother here?"

"Your mother was wrong- you deserve freedom and I don't want any slaves, but I do want allies and hopefully friends. And yes- we do our best to ensure our home is a good one for everybody" Eris looked down at the weapons and nodded "You might need them, so it's probably better if you pick them up. Do you have names?"

She tapped her earring.
    I'm alright. A bigger blue dragon then the one Aklah defeated thought he could isolate and kill me but uh... Turns out with a Speed potion I can kill an adult dragon in a handful of seconds, though I'm a bit spent now. Found allies. I have no idea where I am compared to you though.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-17 at 07:34 AM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

"No," Sune answered. "Before you run off, I had a question for you."

"I... Meatlug."
    "Skullcrusher."
    "And Goregutter."
    Eris was getting translations of pretty identical-sounding low snarls.

Sirthis is dead. I'm Raising him now. You stepped on a miniature Teleportation Circle that's now spent. There should be another one near you. Do your allies know how to activate it?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

"Got it. And sure, I'm all ears" Sirthis nodded, leaning back into the flower he woke up in.

I doubt that, but I can try. And... Good to know he's coming back.

Eris started looking for the teleportation circle.
    "There should be a circle used for teleporting around here- do you know where? And how to use it?" she asked the big dragonborns (or half-ogres half-dragons) "Uuuhm it's tipically made of chalk and has symbols put in a circle"

Show
    Perception?

(1d20+5)[23]

If it's Investigate Eris has the exact same modifier.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Sune pulled Sirthis in for a cuddle, resting his head on her chest. "So there's kind of a... war going on. Picking a new overgod. A lot of the evil gods have gotten behind Shar. It's honestly the most united they've ever been. We need to unite at least most of the good and neutral gods behind one figure. A lot of gods are going for Selune, but there's also... well, the Raven Queen. She's more appealing to the neutral gods, being one herself, but the good gods are... well, reluctant. Correllon is outright opposed. Now, I'm not exactly the deciding vote, but let's just say I have a lot of influence. Whichever one I pick will... probably be the next Overgod. So what do you think?"

Eris found a tiny blue circle where she'd first appeared in the chamber, but she didn't recognize the symbols. They weren't even Draconic.
    "Um... the... how you got in?" One of the dragon ogres asked. They looked like they'd done more thinking in the last five minutes than ever before.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis didn't need to think about it.
    "Obviously not Shar- that said, while I don't know Selune I know Tanaquill. She's a loving mother, strong and determined to do what she can to protect this universe. From the devils, from aberrations- while not everything she's done is a good thing she has fought, even ignoring the consequences that would harm her, in order to keep everybody safe. But she also likes her fun and life- she doesn't, at least, look boring" he stated "Besides, if you need someone to stand above the other gods it really needs to be a Neutral one. Good is too fickle- Corellon is a Good god and everything I've heard about him is awful. I met a Pelor's cleric who thought of himself as horrid and his aasimar was left unchecked to lead a racial purge in a city- I've got no faith in a Good god I've never met personally. A Neutral one will also be able to bridge many together in a way that a polarized god wouldn't be able to. And of course Evil gods are a no go"

"No offense to Selune, but I can't recommend a Good god I don't know over a Neutral one I know and respect, and I actively despise Shar for what she's done"

"Yeah, this one" Eris nodded at the Circle on the ground standing next to it. Didn't want to touch it yet.
    "Do you know how to use it?"

Found it. It's no language I know, nor Draconic.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Sune nodded. "Thank you, Sirthis. Oh, Pelor is dead." She gave him a kiss and let him go. "Alright, have fun. I'd guess you have about an hour."

"Uh...." one dragon ogre said.

Mávro's comprehending it over our end. It seems to be inactive – didn't trigger on Hatok. But if we can read the sequence we can get to you. Aklah misses you.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

"Wh- dead? That explains" Sirthis turned to the people kissing and having fun "Oh, I will" he kissed Sune back before standing to go join the others.

Show
    I'd assume the next hour is a whole lot of fade to black if Sune is any indication of her afterlife.

Kiss her for me. And... Well, I'll wait.

Eris smiled and stood "My group should be joining us here so... I guess we wait around for now" she told the half-dragons "Meanwhile, anything you can tell me about Takadox or her dungeon would be helpful"

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

I will. Love you.

"Erm... um... no one has ever asked us for information before."

About forty minutes passed of Eris trying to get the dragon ogres to think when a wall exploded. One of those monsters that had attacked them at the beginning of the dungeon burst through... held by a large blue hand that slammed it into the ground. A second one followed it, propelled by bursts of blue power leaving it a crumpled corpse. Malyanna stepped through the hole she'd just made.

"What kind of books?"
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Eris actually started laughing. After the initial '**** what is happening right now' reaction, that is.
    "Don't worry guys, she's a friend. Malyanna, happy to see you- we have stored the books safely away so there will be time to check them out, but some of them were about the Titans, Tahtorak's weaknesses and there was also Tasha's Demonomicom. And many others. Leff and the others should be here eventually"

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

"Should I be speaking Draconic?" Malyanna asked, her eyes turning black as she looked around. "Whoa, tiny Teleportation Circle. Is that Druidic?"
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

"That... Creeped me out for a second" Eris blinked "It'd be nicer if you spoke Draconic, yes. And... No idea, it surely is a language I've never seen. The other side is turned off, they are decifering it in order to teleport here- though they're taking an awful long time. It may be that it's taking long to Raise Sirthis" she explained "He died, but he's getting brought back"

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

"Sirthis?" Malyanna asked, suddenly paying real attention. "What... what happened?"
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

"You'll have to ask them" Eris said "The dragon here- he separated me from the others thinking to kill me alone. Last thing I was doing before getting here was opening a door- whatever was on the other side managed to take him down" she stood and flew by the elf's side "It'll be fine, Malyanna. Leff's healing him as we speak- you know she's good at her job"

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

"I knew this would happen to him eventually if he kept running around with you two," Malyanna said. "You got him to throw himself into danger to smite evil again, didn't you? Your self-aggrandizing missions have nothing to do with us!" A tear started to well in one eye. It was pretty clear that Malyanna was mostly just lashing out.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Eris decided it was best not to argue, at least right now.
    "If we had done a better job maybe he'd been alive, that's true- I'm sorry" she admitted "We did fail in that. Or so I think"

It wasn't actually true but Eris didn't really know that.
    "But we can also bring him back. As we've done every time one of us couldn't survive- wether alive or dead we watch each other's back"

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Malyanna's lip trembled and in a few seconds she was holding Eris and crying, her body shaking in sobs.
    "Should we ah..." one of the dragon ogres asked, looking awkward.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

"It's fine" Eris briefly told the ogres (half) before she slid her arms around Malyanna and hugged her, wings moving in the front and around the elf to create an helpful refuge for the crying Malyanna. She stroked her hair, speaking softly.
    "There, there- everything will be good again. He hasn't left you permanently- it's Sirthis. You know him. Too slippery for death to keep him long. He'll give you a big kiss soon enough"

Show
    Although Sirthis would think about it if 'death' was beautiful enough.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Malyanna sobbed for a bit, then pushed Eris away.
    "This never happened."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

"I won't say a word" Eris nodded with a smile, giving Malyanna her space, then looked at the half ogres "She says to never mention what just happened"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-17 at 12:50 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

"I... not know what just happened."

With white fire in his eyes, Sirthis was jolted back awake, Leff kneeling down over him.
    "Don't move. Your organs are still rotted and if you move the strain could kill you again. I'm going to Regenerate you." She carefully laid a hand on his neck and slowly poured white fire into him.

Spoiler: REGENERATE
    Show
    (4d8+24)[43] and regen 10 on Sirthis and Leff both.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

"Exactly" Eris decided the ogre dragon had done enough thinking for today.

Sirthis blinked and nodded dutifully, trying to breath as little as possible letting Leff work her magic- he knew how that worked.

As soon as he could, he sat up.
    "Two things. One, I love my afterlife. Two, beating Takadox is now personal. And thank you, Leff" he tapped his earring.

I love you. Forgot to say it this morning.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-17 at 01:09 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Malyanna pointed at Eris's gold scarab. "Do you know what that is? May I?" She asked, getting out a pearl.

Leff ran a hand over the arm of one of the zombies Aklah had killed. Its sallowed skin could have been hers, had she been the one subjected to whatever horrors Takadox had wrought on these genasi. "Yeah, it's personal for me, too."

I love you too, my moon. Oh! I just had an idea! Can you wait for one hour?

Mávro was trancing off to one side, with Aklah the wyvern wrapped around her and napping.
    "I'll get them up in a bit. We're pretty sure we can get to Eris with the coordinates Wind, Cloud, Hail, Crash, Release."
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

"Sure" Eris passed the scarab over "I figured it could be magical, but we didn't have the time to examine it. I think I saw something similar in Mab's treasury but I don't know if it's that- Sirthis has most of the stuff we picked. Uhm, a mummy had it, so maybe put gloves on"

"Sounds good to me- Mab just told me to wait for an hour for... Not sure why" he shrugged and tried to stand up, but sat back down as everything started spinning.
    "Baby steps. Anything happened that I should report to Trinuma?"

I think so. You mean waiting an hour standing still right?

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Malyanna cleaned it by pointing at it. "I'll be alright." She touched the pearl to the scarab and started chanting. "Ymg' mgah'n'ghft!"

Hm? No, just I won't be able to talk for an hour.
    "Not really. I think the dragons expected that it would take us awhile to get through the dungeon," Leff said. "Just let me know when you're ready. Do you think you're up to cast the Teleportation Circle?"
    Show