New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Conquer the world as monsters Take 2

Spoiler: Original thread
    Show

After taking over the frozen wastes and ripping the heart out of Ice Fang the blue dragon thing, it seems that the surrounding lands of Hin Richten Castle has become a bit quieter. But on the inside there is even more activity than usual.

Not only are there sightings of a giant warrior approaching the castle, Grand Maw has also called Parzlaatamuun and Zara to the throne room, though this time she is not alone.

Grand Maw is together with someone who is not a new citizen of the castle. A massive female warrior, lean of muscle and large of bust, but with porcelain skin let her hands ran over the closed eyes of the old Night Hag.

And somewhere between the new decorations of the room, a miniscule creature hides observing the situation.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2021-06-22 at 09:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Conquer the world as monsters Take 2

The large man marches across the terrain relentlessly and with no sign of subterfuge. There are signs of sprung traps hanging from his thick armor as his gauntleted fist crashes against the heavy wooden portcullis.

"Open up! I must have words with Grand Maw!"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

With a rumbling noise, a section of the stone floor of the throne room opens, heat pouring from the Lord of Silent Iron's forge, the sickly green glow of his inner sanctum spilling into the throne room before Parzlatamuun himself climbs the steps. His body has changed once again from their journey into the Frozen wastes, thicker plating around his torso giving him a stronger, less skeletal appearance, his shoulders broader, and his wings more streamlined and solid than the cloaklike ribbons they were before. He smokes slightly in the cooler air of the throne room as the floor closes again behind him, as green pinprick eyes snap to the newcomer, judging carefuly.

"Grand Maw. You have brought us a new guest, it seems." he says, voice cautious for a moment before he gives a small, polite bow to the pale, powerful warrior woman. "Greetings. I am the Master of this Castle, Parzlatamuun, the Lord of Silent Iron." he rumbles in greeting. "We had word of a giant warrior approaching our domain, but... I take it you are a seperate guest, since you are notably non-scarred by our defenses. Maw, do you have any information for us on the outer defenses?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

The substantial woman caresses the night hag's eyes, magic fruitlessly washing over Grand Maw from the woman's hand. Sighing in defeat, she pulls her hand back and floats beside Grand Maw. "Hm. It would appear this is beyond my reach. We'll have to experiment more later, Gee-Maw."

Pulling herself upright, the porcelain lady turns and takes in the arrivals. "You are correct, walking can be so tiresome. I prefer swifter passage. I am Melodious, the Tendrils in the Dark." Smiling mischievously, she looks at both in turn, "Lord of Silent Iron, Lady of Darkness. I'm still catching up, but I've heard much about your latest belt notches. My Illithae and Flumphs are all abuzz, and GeeMaw here was filling in the blanks. Hm?"
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Casting Cure Blindness/Deafness on Grand Maw, to no effect

Motivate Charisma(Ex) Allies in 60', +11 Circumstance to Charisma checks and Charisma-based skill checks

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Grand Maw pats Melodious arm and sighs heavily after she has worked her magic. Her words are clear to Parzlatamuun and anyone else listening in.

Thank you Melodious, dearie. I had hoped that you could help me with my predicament, but it seems that I need much stronger magic to get rid of that curse. When the Lord of Silent Iron emerges the wrinkled Night Hag does a perfect curtsey to the green-glowing construct. Lady Melodious is a precious friend that I have helped for a while. Grand Maw's face discontorts when the talk goes about the other guest. She seems pretty annoyed that she doesn't have fitting information for once. I fear I don't know about this peculiar guest. But if he managed to get here I think we should give him the honor of at least hearing him out, right? The Night Hag lifts a purple arm and cantrips the massive door open, letting both parts of the door crash loudly when they are ripped open. The old Night Hag stretches up and reveals her true height, standing above the Lord of Silent Iron for once. She takes a step forward, her lips splitting into a grin, revealing the Shark-like teeth inside her mouth, before she speaks.

You do not only stand before the devouress Grand Maw but also before the master of this castle The Lord of Silent Iron and a honored guest, speak but be fast. My sour mood only fuels my appetite.

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Behn steps inside and regards the three figures before him. With great deliberation, he removes his helmet and places it under his arm. "Grand Maw, I've heard rumor of a bevy of angels gathering for some divine mischief. I would end them. The same source gave your name and location as someone who may know where to find them. My terms are simple. Aid me and I will return the favor. Deny me and I'll be forced to take the information I seek from you the way I did your name from the mage I took it from. My name is Behn Ak-ki, ask around and you'll find my reputation for achieving results will attest to my methods."
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2021-06-23 at 09:26 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Melodious tilts her head at the new entry, smiling even wider than before. "Hm? Angels? Interesting." Staying buoyant behind Grand Maw, her flesh splays out in an octet of royal purple tentacles from her spine, slithering freely in a large pool in the ground around her. Her recently soothing fingers play in the air, nails lengthening into razors that promise to cause rather than cure blindness.
    Show
    Alter Self to regain/reveal her tentacles, Morphic Weapon for her claws

Leader Identity:
    Motivate Charisma(Ex) Allies in 60', +11 Circumstance to Charisma checks and Charisma-based skill checks

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

A few licks of green energy move across Parz' body as the new warrior steps within, eyes gleaming. He takes a step forwards as the man removes his helmet, placing himself in the fore as he listens to this introduction. A moment passes once Behn finishes, tension in the air as the metallic monstrocity mulls malevolently.

"You speak with me, warrior, I am the Lord of Silent Iron." He says, voice low and smooth, despite its artificial tang. "I do not know where these Angels are. I hold no love for the celestials however, and if others of this castle do have knowledge, I would ask them to speak. Should they pose a threat, I will aid you in crushing them, but." he raises a single finger, and foul power begins to gather there, a life-stripping energy. "Do not presume to threaten, either myself nor my comrades here. I am no weakling to be cowed by words. Such is the way of dealing with most, so I forgive you this once, but remember what I say. Deal with me in good faith."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

"Mutual aid in crushing our enemies is why I am here, so long as the 'good faith' goes both ways." The short figure steps out from near the wall, the dismissal of invisibility magic fading her into view. I've heard you've been quite busy recently, with impressive exploits. I want in." She looks around at the larger audience, before giving a slight bow. "Moran, enchanted to make your acquaintance. I do not come here empty-handed, especially considering this interesting conversation."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

A bevy of angels you say? I haven't seen an angel fly for a long time. Who was that magician you speak o... AGH! When Moran makes herself known Grand Maw skitters back and helds up her claws defensively. Though she catches herself and then talks as if nothing happened, though she does seem to be confused momentarily.

Moran? Bu… You have information? Splattering pus, do tell us, or I use your wings as a material component! For the one who know Maw, she seems to be more irritable than usual. She goes back to her hunched over state, smaller than Parzlaatamuun and roughly at eye level with Melody. She waves one of her arms around, till she hits a stone pillar as support.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2021-06-25 at 06:40 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11

BardGuy

"Yes, a possible angel. I couldn't quite get close enough to personally confirm, though. I saw it fly towards the center of the jungle east of Woodstride. Expeditions have recently been sent into that hell-hole by the Barony, possibly confirming that what I saw is indeed an angel. I've also heard that the Fallen Petals from the eastern dwarven kingdom are gearing up for war, though against who is a mystery to me."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"It looks like of Grand Maw doesn't know something, someone around her does. That mage was right for the wrong reasons." Behn says with a smirk. "So who wants to come with me and harvest your own angel-feather pillow?"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Annoyed by the giant's lack of a response to his demand, Parz in turn looks towards Moran. "I had been curious as to what that was. Into woodstride, hmm?" The construct replies, glancing towards the world map tapestry hanging on the far wall. "I appreciate this information, Moran. Maw, has the one in the tower spoke any prophecies about these other angels?"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Grand Maws broken eyes nearly bulge out, because of Behn's words, some spittle falls down form her jawline and burns itself in the Ground. It seems that she nearly wants to jump in the giants direction but getting interrupted by Parzlaatamuun, let her maintain her composure.

Something about singing to him. May be these ones, or others. Though nothing more. I try to research a spell to get something out of his more incoherent babblings, but it has not been easy.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Zara crawls down from her place on the ceiling, looking contemplative. "I've rarely concerned myself with denizens of the planes - time enough later, when the material is dealt with. But a heavenly host in such close proximity is...concerning."

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"We have a common target then. The earlier we begin is the earlier we taste divinity. I assume you will stay behind, Maw? Can't have you injuring yourself, can we."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Parzlatamuun focuses his gaze upon Behn for a few more moments before nodding. "I am convinced. We shall face these interlopers from the planes and see to it they do not interfere in our plans." He states, and begins to walk towards the castle gates, energy crackling in his wake.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Grand Maw spews some more vitriol against Behn. I'm not afraid of injury, you're shambling fool! I still have contacts to contact, some rats must get out of the finely tuned castle system and I have to rip out a certain mage's soul away from the afterlife to explain some things! Maw slowly retreats to her workshop to get ready for something it seems.

Following the lead of the fairy you leave Hin Richten Castle and make your way to the vast jungle east of the barony of woodstride. The plant-life is certainly unique, with a lot of Assassin vines, shambling mounds and other plant creatures (and even some animals that seem to have merged with the local Wildlife) that are either not dangerous to you (being dispatched easily) or ignoring you altogether. While you move towards the pyramid (being it either flying or walking) you get past some primitive settlements that are full of frog-plant-people and even pass a clearing where there stands a dingy fort, inhabited by some people from woodstride having claimed a small part of the jungle for themselves.

After two days you arrive at a small clearing and have a pretty good look at the pyramid while avoiding to be seen yourself. The vast jungle seems to be cut off shortly before the structure and reminds you more of a wasteland. The impressive structure is made from big Stone blocks that have been brought in the shape of this pyramid. every individual Stone is 6 feet high and there are in several shades of a red stone that doesn't seem local.

Spoiler: Before the pyramid
    Show

Kinda as promised there is a angelic figure standing watch before the entrance of this pyramid, where angelic light seems to be streaming out of.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Some distance from the Pyramid, Parzlatamuun gathers his 'friends', and his temporary allies. "Moran. You have strong abilities of stealth and non-detection. Go forth and scout the area, tell us if this angel is alone, or if there are others." he says, voice firm and focused, turning his gaze to Zara "Do you have an ability to seal the entrance to the pyramid once we join battle? Even a temporary obstacle would help us destroy it swiftly and without interference should this angel prove to be powerful."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Melodious watches the glowey robot give orders to the others, wearing her usual interested smile. "Hm? If we need to break things, I can assist."

Mentally reaching into her spark, Melodious shimmers with newly outward divinity as she starts to grow, tentacles coiling around and over each other as they quadruple in length and girth. The woman herself leans forward onto one knee as she enlarges, to maintain cover in the dense jungle trees surrounding them.

Grinning down and around at the others, she asks the group at large. "What shall we try out?"
    Show
    Prepping for the show!

Thicket of Blades AoOs can not be bypassed in range (40')
    Divine Shield Using 9 Spell Levels, +10 AC and +9 to all Saves, 12 Minutes
    Expansion 9 PP for Gargantuan (20' Cube), +4 Str, -4 Dex, -2 Attack/AC, +8 Grapple, 2 Hours

Leader Identity:

21. - Top - End - #21

BardGuy

Moran nods, with a simple "Right.". She disappears from view, floating off as silently as she could.

Spoiler: Actions and Rolls
    Show
    Cast Greater Invisibility SLA (24h version), Stealth away at half speed.

If needed:
    Hide (1d20+17)[22] +20 for invisibility
    Move Silently (1d20+13)[25]

22. - Top - End - #22

BardGuy

Moran invisibly returns after a few minutes of silence. "It doesn't look like anyone else is around, and the light looks like its from a cantrip."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Parzlatamuun nods to the others. "Behn Ak-ki, you are with me. You will wait for them to make the first move, but I assure you these celestials will be removed one way or another. Lady Zara, Melodius, Moran, circle around and prepare to ambush if reinforcements appear." he states and takes a step forwards, emerging into the clearing and walking towards the Angel, arms swaying at his side as he moves confidently, a flicker of magic as he activates his defenses.

"Celestial. Name your purpose upon this plane." he commands, coming to a halt perhaps fifty feet from the Angel.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The celestial looks at Parzlaatamuun and doesn't seem surprised at all. With a little movement of his wings, he glides a bit higher to better see and adress the Lord of Silent Iron.

Oh, the Iron Devil himself, I'm almost honored. It almost seems like the celestial is a bit sarcasticÂ… That feels unusual. He sighs heavily. I would love to talk, I really would to let you see the light, but I have a mission. Behind him there appear 6 golden spears of light, that fly towards Parzlaatamuun while the celestial looks a tad unhappy.

Spoiler: Attack against Parzlaatamuun
    Show
    Attack 1: (1d20+30)[44]
    Damage 1: (2d6+15)[24] and (2d6)[7] extra
    Attack 2: (1d20+30)[46]
    Damage 2:(2d6+15)[25] and (2d6)[6] extra
    Attack 3: (1d20+30)[33]
    Damage 3:(2d6+15)[22] and (2d6)[5] extra
    Attack 4: (1d20+30)[48]
    Damage 4:(2d6+15)[20] and (2d6)[8] extra
    Attack 5: (1d20+25)[26]
    Damage 5:(2d6+15)[20] and (2d6)[8] extra
    Attack 6: (1d20+20)[33]
    Damage 6:(2d6+15)[21] and (2d6)[11] extra
    Apply DR after you have gotten hit by everything. If you get hit by one spear make a DC 14 Dex save (1 is still a failure) or get (1d6)[2] Dex Damage as your body partly turns into gold.
    The golden spears are just my way of refluffing throwing javelins to look slightly cooler, not a supernatural ability of any sort.

There doesn't seem to be any other sort of celestials or reinforcements as of now.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Behn Ak-ki moves without speaking to flank the angel from it's right side. In his hand a gargantuan dagger comes into being. The smile on his face remains hidden by his helmet.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Three Hits, rolling for displacement in order, if it's lower than 50% it hits
    (1d100)[19]
    (1d100)[62]
    (1d100)[41]
    Two hit, total of 59 damage, reduced to 53 damage with DR, then heal 6 from fast healing - HP = 188/235

Almost immediately, the Lord of Silent Iron raises his armor plated arms to block the incoming javelings, all but two clattering away or missing, the two that find purchase sinking into the metal of his neck and hip joints. "Foolish parasite!" he cries, and from his eyes leaps a ray of green energy, seeking to pin the creature to this plane before he leaps forwards, claws outstretched for combat.

Spoiler: OOC - Attacks
    Show

Standard - Dimensional Anchor - Touch Attack Roll (1d20+18)[30] vs Touch, no Save, no SR for creatures.
    Move - 50 feet into melee range with Angel
    Last edited by Genth; 2021-07-15 at 11:52 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

With the snap of her fingers, the angel's form is twisted. Most creatures are more water-based than they realize, but a slight change to the percentage can make all the difference in the world.

Show
    Blood To Water. 90 ft range so Zara doesn't even have to move up close.

CL vs SR: (1d20+26)[28]

Angel takes (2d6)[7] Constitution damage, (DC 25 Fort save for half)

It has no effect if the angel has the fire or water subtype.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #28

BardGuy

Invisibly, Moran flies closer to the celestial, before chanting a spell to transmute the celestial into a frigid statue.
    Show
    Moran:
    Move to the red square at the same level of the northern-most square of the celestial (move 60')
    Cast - Flesh to Ice - DC 27

29. - Top - End - #29

BardGuy

Flesh to Ice DC is actually 28

SR (1d20+13)[25]

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The two spells that are thrown at the celestial, flow around on his protection from spells, like water from a ducks back. Parzlaatamuuns ability however hits him square and when he inevitably realizes what hit him he let's out a small chuckle.

Spoiler: Parz
    Show
    As you come pretty much face to face with the celestial you see behind him a weird sight. Behind him are a bunch of other outsiders, small balls of wings, seemingly stitched together. Another angel with a book in one hand and a scale in the other and two times a ring with a mass of eyes Looking around in nearly every direction. You realize that they must have been in hiding AND invisible before, but before you can warn your companions they attack and become visible. Though there is a rather big angel with a massive book in his hands, that seems to have ready it's action, you're true sight saying that it's staying invisible at the moment.

Before Zara they appear two wheels full of eyes that eject an eyeball, leaving bloodied caverns. The eyeballs explode in an eruption of baptised flames.

Spoiler: Attack against Zara, Melodious, Moran
    Show
    Zara is the main target here, but Melodious and Moran COULD POTENTIALLY be hit too. Too make this fair we'll do the following.
    1 = Melodious get hit too
    2 = Moran get hit too
    3 = Both get hit too
    4 = Only Zara get's hit.
    (1d4)[4]
    The fireballs explode in a flat 24 Damage, that can be halved with a DC 21 Reflex save. The damage is half fire, half holy, also it's an SU and therefore not subject to spell resistance.

After the Flames die down there are several small balls made out of feathers that appear near Zara and try to touch her.
    Spoiler: Attack against Zara.
    Show

Touch attack 1: (1d20+7)[25]
    Damage 1: (1d8+3)[9]

Touch attack 2: (1d20+7)[26]
    Damage 2: (1d8+3)[9]

Touch attack 3: (1d20+7)[16]
    Damage 3: (1d8+3)[4]

Touch attack 4: (1d20+7)[23]
    Damage 4: (1d8+3)[4]

Touch attack 5: (1d20+7)[26]
    Damage 5: (1d8+3)[7]

Touch attack 6: (1d20+7)[23]
    Damage 6: (1d8+3)[9]
    All damage is positive energy and are also an SU.

The spear-throwing angel hover's a bit higher and let's loose another volley against The Lord of silent Iron utterly ignoring Behn.

Spoiler: Attack against Parzlaatamuun
    Show
    Angel takes his 5-feet-hover and unleashes another torrent of spears.
    Attack 1: (1d20+30)[46]
    Damage 1: (2d6+15)[20] and (2d6)[8]

Attack 2: (1d20+30)[47]
    Damage 2: (2d6+15)[21] and (2d6)[8]

Attack 3: (1d20+30)[44]
    Damage 3: (2d6+15)[23] and (2d6)[10]

Attack 4: (1d20+30)[38]
    Damage 4: (2d6+15)[21] and (2d6)[3]

Attack 5: (1d20+25)[32]
    Damage 5: (2d6+15)[21] and (2d6)[7]

Attack 6: (1d20+30)[42]
    Damage 6: (2d6+15)[21] and (2d6)[10]
    Apply DR after you have gotten hit by everything. If you get hit by one spear make a DC 14 Con save (1 is still a failure) or get (1d6)[5] Dex Damage as your body partly turns into gold.