New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: High Level Epic 5E [IC]

”No not here, they wouldn’t try and take us here. It would be better for them to wait until we were on some remote mountain somewhere.” Garrik smiles though it still kind of just looks like he wants to have dinner. “Let’s go gather up Moskra and see is we can help your cause.”
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Eugenia

Clearly not understanding the finer points of ambushes, Eugenia shrugs and slides off the firewood and turns to the old man.

"All right. Perhaps you could lead the way to the Pink Panther then, sir? To introduce us to Moskra?"
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Sure thing, jes follow me." Old man leads trio through city streets, takes winding, looping path. "Welcome to The Pink Panther," he says when there. Comfortable place. Namesake on sign.

"Will you all be wanting a room?" asks concierge in lobby. Fat. Rosy-cheeked. Dark-haired.

When you look behind you, the old man is gone.
    Spoiler: Moskra Rhadan
    Show

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1638...ew?usp=sharing

Designed using Fantasy RPG Creator on meiker.io, software designed by aklarkwood.com.

Spoiler: Bad Guys Win Campaign Links
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Eugenia

The old man's ultra-fast disappearance confirms her suspicions. Well, who was Eugenia to judge. Don't touch the nose!

"Just a small glass of wine for me, whatever you have."

Eugenia glanced around the lobby, looking for a comfortable place to wait.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

5. - Top - End - #35

RedWizardGuy

An eyebrow raises. "We have wine, m'am, but it's for customers only, or guests of customers. Dining is by reservation only.

If you don't mind my asking, are you here to rent a room or are you here to lounge? If it's the former, I kindly suggest taking your business to a less exclusive establishment."
    Show

Designed using Fantasy RPG Creator on meiker.io, software designed by aklarkwood.com.

Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Garrik steps forward and in his best snooty voice says, "I ... apologize for my compatriots actions, we are here to meet Mr. Tnomal. We were told he would be here."
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2021-06-25 at 07:47 AM.
    I like the globe warm...

7. - Top - End - #37

RedWizardGuy

"Oh..." says the innkeeper. "Him." Hands you a key. Room #130. "He's on there." Looks at all of you. Scowls. "Don't get up to any funny stuff in my rooms. This is a house of the gods after all."
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Taking the key, Garrik leads the way to room #130.
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2021-06-25 at 03:32 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

9. - Top - End - #39

RedWizardGuy

Room #130. Furnished: carpets, easy chairs. Man looking out window. Pointy ears. Holding wine glass.

"My name is Knotts Tnomal. I work for Moskra Rhadan," says the man. Turns around. Face sallow, young. Eyes dark. "I am his eyes, ears, mouth, and voice. Treat me as you would treat him."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If you've met Moskra, you can see a resemblance between him and Tnomal. His voice is completely different, however.
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ducking his head a little as he enters the room Garrik says, "Tell Moskra that we need his help, or more specifically, this young lady needs our help."
    I like the globe warm...

11. - Top - End - #41

RedWizardGuy

"Moskra will show when you have need of his... shall we say talents. Until then, he has ordered me to serve in his stead." He gestures to easy chairs surrounding table. Wine bottle and glasses on top. "Make yourselves comfortable and share your troubles."

Show
    If you want, we can handwave this conversation and move on to dealing with the giants.
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hagard "Red Blade" Enorien
    Rogue 13 / Fighter 4 | AC 22 | HP 143/143 | PP 18 / PIns 12 / PInv 23

Hagard follows the group inside up to this Mr. Tnomal's room. When Moskra appears to be absent once again he grows impatient. They'd only met once or twice nearly a century ago... Knotts looked similar, but was this an alter ego or someone else entirely? He wasn't sure, but something needed to be said.

"Seems we're already on the receiving end of his talent for not showing up. We've no quarrel with you, brother, but we already met his wrinkly old 'eyes and ears and fingers and eyebrows.' If Moskra is too cowardly to show himself to old..." he pauses for a moment, clearly about to say 'friends' or 'colleagues' and realizing they are neither. "... I'm not so sure someone unwilling to lay everything on the table in person is ready for what's to come."
    Last edited by miinstrel; 2021-06-25 at 05:04 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

RedWizardGuy

Knotts nods with Hagard. "Moskra has been dealing with much... adversity lately. He meant no slight by his absence, I assure you. I'm quite sure he trusts you all, but as they say, the walls have eyes and ears." A sip of wine. "If Moskra himself were to be found by his enemies, everything he's built would be lost. His absence is a move of prudence, not cowardliness."
    Last edited by Leostales; 2021-06-25 at 08:12 PM.
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Garrik lifts a hand slightly indicating calmness, "You will find no enemies here. We merely need to help this young lady with her giant problem."
    I like the globe warm...

15. - Top - End - #45

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    Garrik lifts a hand slightly indicating calmness, "You will find no enemies here. We merely need to help this young lady with her giant problem."
    "You'd be surprised where you can find enemies," Knotts says with a shrug. "I've heard of these troubles with giants. We'd be best to parlay with them sooner than later. Things may escalate."
    Last edited by Leostales; 2021-06-26 at 03:52 PM.
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Eugenia

Eugenia trails along, watching the three men navigate a slightly odd situation.

"Well, it seems like if Moskra's OTHER eyes and ears has already been briefed, and you already know about the situation at Mount Iramel, there's not much more to be talked about here.

"The old man said not to bother Moskra until we were sure we needed him, so I guess the other three of us could teleport to the mountain tonight, and send word back to him if find that we need a, uh, weapon. Or do you think he'd like to come with us?"
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2021-06-26 at 11:43 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

RedWizardGuy

"I shall accompany you..." says Knotts. "And it shall feel as though Moskra is with you the whole time."
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Eugenia

Eugenia nods and turns to Garrik and Hagard.

"Trust requires trust. I concealed my identity this evening until I was certain I could trust all of you."

She pulls off the red hat.

"My name is Eugenia Valence. I'm actually halfling. For nearly seventy years, I have been a cantor, performer and travelling preacher for the Church. I have no place in the formal hierarchy, and clearly am here with no official sanction.

"But...I know how some of you feel about the Church. If this makes you not want to help in this, I of course understand. I'll head on without you. If you're not going to kill me, I'll ask for your discretion as well. As Garrik has alluded, he has people who rely on him. So do I. If I were seen to be associating with such notable figures as yourselves, it might go very hard on those people. As well, I flatter myself that I have attained a small degree of notoriety. I feared that my undisguised appearance would draw undue attention to our meeting.

"So, gentlemen, any additional questions?"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Garrik smiles at the halfling So now I am blessed with three who like to disguise themselves. Perhaps I should try as well before chuckling at his own internal joke. "I don't have any questions."
    I like the globe warm...

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hagard "Red Blade" Enorien
    Rogue 13 / Fighter 4 | AC 22 | HP 143/143 | PP 18 / PIns 12 / PInv 23

Maybe he just had an axe to grind against their mysterious compatriot after the last time. Wanted to size him up again in person. What's a few more days after all these years...

Hagard folds his arms at the dragonborn's more diplomatic approach. "Perhaps some have less to lose than others," he adds gravely, remaining silent after Eugenia's question suggesting he had nothing further to add before they departed.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Eugenia

The halfling woman nods. She assumes that Moskra's minion would come or not, at his master's bidding.

"Thank you for making this leap of faith with me.

"I've arranged for a cover, a 'vacation' that I've taken for the next two weeks. So I'm ready to head to Wellspring now. If any of you need time to prepare for a journey, I of course understand. This has been a lot to take in. But if you're willing, I can teleport us to Wellspring tonight."

22. - Top - End - #52

RedWizardGuy

"I am ready for such a journey," says Knotts. "I need only grab a few... insurance policies, first." Steps out of room; grabs backpack, weapons belt, cloak. "Moskra has rented this room for an additional month. If we need a place to fall back to, you are all welcome here. I can personally vouch for the innkeeper's discretion."
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Eugenia

Eugenia formed a mental image of the alley behind the Pen and Pauper, Wellspring's most prosperous if only questionably literary tavern, standing proudly on one side of the town square. Eugenia had very fond memories of gathering in this alley before performances to smoke up pray devoutly with her band.

Taking Knotts' hand, Eugenia gestures for everyone to join together, and then she murmured the words of the teleport spell.

Spoiler: On Target?
    Show
    (1d100)[14]

24. - Top - End - #54
    Colossus in the Playground

Eugenia manages the casting without any difficulty, but you find yourselves not as close to Wellspring as you had thought you'd be. You find yourselves in some of the woods near it, the massive trees towering above you. It takes a few minutes to figure out your exact spot, but with a bit of tree climbing, you spot the road leading through the villages of this area. Your trek is not a difficult one, nor arduous, but it is only a few hours from night when you're approaching Wellspring.

The village is quieter than it should be-there's people there, you can see, but not as many fires or other lights as you would expect.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Eugenia

Looking around their night-time surroundings, Eugenia offers a colourful if ultimately non-profane expression of dissatisfaction.

"Sorry, gentlemen. I think the town is this way."

Dread drops the floor of her stomach, and she glances up at Garrik.

"It HAS been a couple of weeks since I was here. Do you think that the giants might already have moved against the town?"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

”Were there any survivors from the last attack? Looks like there’s people here and the village is still standing.” Garrick’s words sound reassuring but he draws his weapon as he says them.
    I like the globe warm...

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Eugenia

Eugenia shrugged.

"There were only a few dead. I assume that most of the town had either fled or been taken captive."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"They could also have been refugees. We won't know until we talk to them." Garrik watches warily as they find someone to speak with, keeping a careful eye out for possible giant signs.
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2021-07-04 at 07:05 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

29. - Top - End - #59
    Colossus in the Playground

You can feel the tenseness in the air as you walk into Wellspring. It's not dread-not yet, at least-but these folk are not at ease.

You spot an older woman-probably a grandmother-looking after three kids, playing quietly near a home.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    You can feel the tenseness in the air as you walk into Wellspring. It's not dread-not yet, at least-but these folk are not at ease.

You spot an older woman-probably a grandmother-looking after three kids, playing quietly near a home.
    Knotts walks up to the woman. "Good day, ma'am. Sorry to bother you, but we're new here and you seem like a woman who knows this town well. We're looking for information about the various hardships this town has faced. Is there a place you recommend to get it?"

Spoiler: Persuasion check
    Show
    (1d20+4)[15]

Show

Moskra is trying to get the woman to tell them about the giants without directly asking her.

Also, what time of day is it in the campaign?
    Last edited by Leostales; 2021-07-04 at 11:05 PM.
    Show

Show