New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: 10 pounds of water.

Portability aside, why not just create a mantlet? It's not exactly a complicated piece of equipment, you could make one out of branches in a forest if you had to. And if the only rule you're concerned with is cover, this, well, covers it. It's also useful for barricading hallways.

2. - Top - End - #32

Quote Originally Posted by sandmote View Post
    I don't think there is one, partially due there no being published PC races larger than medium. I'd say 12 pounds and ~30 gp, given the size and weight.
    Well, there's Gnorri for example. They are Large, and published in Sandy Petersen's Cthulhu Mythos For 5E. But, that book still doesn't have any special stats for their shields (and AFB but I'm 90%+ sure that Gnorri still use human-sized weapons).

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MaxWilson View Post
    Well, there's Gnorri for example. They are Large, and published in Sandy Petersen's Cthulhu Mythos For 5E. But, that book still doesn't have any special stats for their shields (and AFB but I'm 90%+ sure that Gnorri still use human-sized weapons).
    I was unaware of this book; thank you for the correction.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sandmote View Post
    I was unaware of this book; thank you for the correction.
    There are propably other large races in other 3rd party books and various homebrews. However, that book is not associated with WotC. So there still isn't any published large races as far as the official rules are concerned.
    It's Eberron, not ebberon.
    It's not high magic, it's wide magic.
    And it's definitely not steampunk. The only time steam gets involved is when the fire and water elementals break loose.