New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Godzilla Vs. Arceus

Hey everybody. It's been a while since I did a battle analysis of a theoretical battle for two fighters. I'm going to do the King of Monsters, Godzilla (Monsterverse Version), and the Pokemon Deity, Arceus. First, Godzilla. Godzilla has fought so many monsters in the past and defeats almost every monster he faces. He got a very high healing ability and durability for defense, he got a very powerful atomic breath and incredible strength for the offense. He's very aggressive and he's not intimidated at any powerful monster that Godzilla faces. Now Arceus. Arceus is a Pokemon deity of the universe who created the Pokemon Universe. Arceus has multiversal offensive and defensive capabilities. It can change its type with its plates or an item. It can use a Judgement move when it changes its type. If Godzilla was a Pokemon it would be a Dragon or Dragon/Water-type which very powerful stats that's beyond any Uber-tier Pokemon. Theoretically, I think it's a tied their defensive capabilities are too good but I think Arceus will win this battle because it's universally more powerful than Godzilla because of Its deity power. So what are your thoughts and opinions of this battle? I would love to hear your feedback.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Godzilla Vs. Arceus

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Hey everybody. It's been a while since I did a battle analysis of a theoretical battle for two fighters. I'm going to do the King of Monsters, Godzilla (Monsterverse Version), and the Pokemon Deity, Arceus. First, Godzilla. Godzilla has fought so many monsters in the past and defeats almost every monster he faces. He got a very high healing ability and durability for defense, he got a very powerful atomic breath and incredible strength for the offense. He's very aggressive and he's not intimidated at any powerful monster that Godzilla faces. Now Arceus. Arceus is a Pokemon deity of the universe who created the Pokemon Universe. Arceus has multiversal offensive and defensive capabilities. It can change its type with its plates or an item. It can use a Judgement move when it changes its type. If Godzilla was a Pokemon it would be a Dragon or Dragon/Water-type which very powerful stats that's beyond any Uber-tier Pokemon. Theoretically, I think it's a tied their defensive capabilities are too good but I think Arceus will win this battle because it's universally more powerful than Godzilla because of Its deity power. So what are your thoughts and opinions of this battle? I would love to hear your feedback.
    Do you have their respective physical stats? Like can we know height and weight?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr2 View Post
    Do you have their respective physical stats? Like can we know height and weight?
    Godzilla (Monsterverse): 108.2m (355 ft), 82,000 metric tons (90,000 tons)

Arceus: 3.2m (10'06") 320.0kg (705.5 lbs)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Just based on these stats, what's to stop Godzilla from just body slamming Arceus?

I get it can adapt to whatever the other is weak at, but what is Godzilla's weakness? He's really, really good at tanking.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Just based on these stats, what's to stop Godzilla from just body slamming Arceus?

I get it can adapt to whatever the other is weak at, but what is Godzilla's weakness? He's really, really good at tanking.
    Godzilla doesn't have any weakness as far as I know.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Arceus is a god that created an entire universe and has fought Legendary Pokemon that control literal time and space. Godzilla is beaten by a moth.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Arceus is a god that created an entire universe and has fought Legendary Pokemon that control literal time and space. Godzilla is beaten by a moth.
    I've seen Godzilla beaten by a 3-headed monster who outweighted him about by 40%. Not by a moth that's still ten time bigger than Arceus.

And from what I've seen by goggling, Arceus can be beaten by Pokemon of similar tier that aren't Gods, so I don't see why a lizard who poop turds bigger than him couldn't just squash him.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

So Godzilla (Monsterverse) and Arceus?

VS Battles Wiki says.....Godzilla is 6C Tier

While Arceus is 2B Tier

Vs battles tiering is that 6C is Large Island level, and that 2B is Multiversal. By Vs Battles Wiki logic, Arceus wins.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-06-16 at 10:28 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

The answer depends on whether you judge Arceus by how it actually functions in the games, or by what Pokedex and various supplemental materials say about it.

Going by in-game functions, Godzilla can just stomp Arceus, just like any other physically powerful Pokemon could. Arceus is very fast and has a lot of different moves with which to harry Godzilla, but in any situation whete Godzilla can bring his sheer physical might down on Arceus, it's a KO.

Going by Pokedex nonsense and supplemental materials, Arceus is a full-blown creator god. It's small because its powers got split and scattered around the world in form of elemental plates. If it could bring any of that metaphysical might to bear against Godzilla, it could just wish it out of existence. Or something, I don't pay much attention to non-game Pokemon media, I don't really know how Arceus's divine powers are portrayed in them.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

And Arceus can be beaten by a ball-limbed creature that just kicks good. Being pointlessly diminutive helps nothing.

Realistically though, its basically a battle between two legendary pokemon so you'd want to figure out what Godzilla's pokemon type/moves are and you could solve it really easy. Going by like...non-game statistics and the like...I have no sweet clue. How durable is Arceus' body? How arrogant is it?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Does Arceus have all the plates? If so its very possible that it can just laser Godzilla out of existence. Yes it doesn't have its 10,000 arms of Unown it had when it made the universe, but its still fully capable of smashing a large mountain with its attacks at full power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vahnavoi View Post
    The answer depends on whether you judge Arceus by how it actually functions in the games, or by what Pokedex and various supplemental materials say about it.

Going by in-game functions, Godzilla can just stomp Arceus, just like any other physically powerful Pokemon could. Arceus is very fast and has a lot of different moves with which to harry Godzilla, but in any situation whete Godzilla can bring his sheer physical might down on Arceus, it's a KO.

Going by Pokedex nonsense and supplemental materials, Arceus is a full-blown creator god. It's small because its powers got split and scattered around the world in form of elemental plates. If it could bring any of that metaphysical might to bear against Godzilla, it could just wish it out of existence. Or something, I don't pay much attention to non-game Pokemon media, I don't really know how Arceus's divine powers are portrayed in them.
    Yes, the in-game stats for Arceus is very one-sided that Godzilla can beat easily. But the Pokedex and anime are something else even though I never saw the movie.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2021-06-18 at 11:37 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Realistically though, its basically a battle between two legendary pokemon so you'd want to figure out what Godzilla's pokemon type/moves are and you could solve it really easy.
    I weep at your use of the word "realistically", but the approach itself is not without merit. The most obvious Godzilla stand-in in the Pokemon games is Tyranitar. Pick either Mega or D-max variation, whichever is current meta; that's the closest Pokemon itself gets.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Again, if Godzilla were to just crush Arceus under his weight, would Arceus have a way to not be dead? Does he has special kind of invulnerability?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Again, if Godzilla were to just crush Arceus under his weight, would Arceus have a way to not be dead? Does he has special kind of invulnerability?
    Arceus is shown to be able to fly without any wings in his movie. He could simply fly above Godzilla and not ever get crushed.

in the games he has Extreme Speed as move he can learn by leveling, meaning he is incredibly fast. and can learn Fly as a TM move. So he has videogame canon backing on his ability to fly.

furthermore he has Grass Knot as a TM move. not only can he avoid get crushed by Godzilla, he can use a move to make Godzilla get real damaged under his own weight by using it on him, as Grass Knot gets more powerful the heavier the foe its used on.

also crushing someone underneath one's weight seems like a normal type move, he has the Ghost plate and can become a Ghost type and thus immune to normal type moves

he can also use the move Protect as a TM, which prevents any move from dealing damage to him aside from Feint, which Godzilla does not know as a move.

also, normal-sized pokemon are perfectly capable of defeating gigantamax pokemon without gigantamaxing themselves.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Arceus is shown to be able to fly without any wings in his movie. He could simply fly above Godzilla and not ever get crushed.

in the games he has Extreme Speed as move he can learn by leveling, meaning he is incredibly fast. and can learn Fly as a TM move. So he has videogame canon backing on his ability to fly.

furthermore he has Grass Knot as a TM move. not only can he avoid get crushed by Godzilla, he can use a move to make Godzilla get real damaged under his own weight by using it on him, as Grass Knot gets more powerful the heavier the foe its used on.

also crushing someone underneath one's weight seems like a normal type move, he has the Ghost plate and can become a Ghost type and thus immune to normal type moves

he can also use the move Protect as a TM, which prevents any move from dealing damage to him aside from Feint, which Godzilla does not know as a move.

also, normal-sized pokemon are perfectly capable of defeating gigantamax pokemon without gigantamaxing themselves.
    Aren't gigantamax Pokemon still basically Godzilla-turd sizes?
    Last edited by Cikomyr2; 2021-06-20 at 07:44 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Aren't gigantamax Pokemon still basically Godzilla-turd sizes?
    Looking at Bulbapedia, they average around 100 feet tall, so 1/3 of Big G's height.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Why are we forcing Arceus to its video game incarnation, and not allowing the use of the movies exactly?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Why are we forcing Arceus to its video game incarnation, and not allowing the use of the movies exactly?
    Is that what we've been doing?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Is that what we've been doing?
    So far? Any statement on what Arceus can do has been met with "Yeah but in the video games". Arceus made a universe. He can nullify any damage done to itself. This isn't just "Godzilla is bigger so stompy time" level of power difference. Arceus is a literal god. Godzilla, despite the name, isn't.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

So far? Any statement on what Arceus can do has been met with "Yeah but in the video games". Arceus made a universe. He can nullify any damage done to itself. This isn't just "Godzilla is bigger so stompy time" level of power difference. Arceus is a literal god. Godzilla, despite the name, isn't.
    Then the fight is a mismatch from the get go