Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 90 of 90
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2017

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I mean yeah technically. But it'd be so slow that whatever death star he started with would be blown up by the other and he'd be dead anyways. So its not as if it matters. his adamantine skeleton and claws is very much a "this is meant to equalize you with really strong foes when fighting them one on one" kind of power, not actually be on the level of said foes. its basically there to make sure when alien invasions or big events happen with a villain happen, he and Wolverine aren't completely useless in fighting them off.
    Can't remember the last time Sabretooth was ever in a big event. Wolverine yes, Sabretooth I can't remember him in any big event. Not even the X-men ones LOL.

    Also it's not just the Empire. It's technically the Empire, the First Order and the Jedi Order plus video game Starkiller. Pointing that out since I'm not sure they're the type to blow up their own death star. Then again, if Victor already murder everyone in it and already on his way to tearing the thing apart, guess it's not really any loss on their side.
    Last edited by observer guy; 2021-07-10 at 09:58 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    I'm really not sure what you expected when you set a fight with 'to the death' as your mandatory win condition, but one of your contestants is immortal.


    Does it count as a draw if Sideous/Palpatine can jump into new clone bodies faster than Sabertooth can hunt them down and murder them?
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2021-07-10 at 10:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2017

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I'm really not sure what you expected when you set a fight with 'to the death' as your mandatory win condition, but one of your contestants is immortal.
    You get this thread and my other thread with Victor and Deadpool.

    So everyone agrees that Sabretooth murders the billions of Star Wars main characters because the guy is seemingly unstoppable and unkillable here? I mean what are they going to do when he gets to them face to face? Use lightsabres only to have Victor fully heal in nanoseconds and rip their heads off before they know what hit them?

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2017

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I'm really not sure what you expected when you set a fight with 'to the death' as your mandatory win condition, but one of your contestants is immortal.


    Does it count as a draw if Sideous/Palpatine can jump into new clone bodies faster than Sabertooth can hunt them down and murder them?
    Palpatine jumping into a new clone body would just prolong the fight.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by observer guy View Post
    You get this thread and my other thread with Victor and Deadpool.

    So everyone agrees that Sabretooth murders the billions of Star Wars main characters because the guy is seemingly unstoppable and unkillable here? I mean what are they going to do when he gets to them face to face? Use lightsabres only to have Victor fully heal in nanoseconds and rip their heads off before they know what hit them?
    Im pretty sure that everyone agrees Sabertooth can kill anyone he can reach, but his inability to travel at any speed beyond a fast jog means he's completely unthreatening to a Galactic Empire. He murders everyone on one Death Star, or one Star Destroyer. Then it is a drifting hulk, which he has no idea how to pilot, and he spends the next 10,000 years drifting through space on his way to another star system. The remaining 900 billion people in the universe remain unaware of his existence.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2021-07-10 at 10:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by observer guy View Post
    That adamantium discussion is moot anyways since I'm was using regular Sabretooth (how he's normally used on the internet) without the adamantium. Adamantium was such a brief period for Victor and certain he currently doesn't have it anyways.
    Wait you say he needs the entire universe reduced to nothing to kill him then you say he doesn't have his adamantium skeleton. Please be consistent about what version of Sabretooth your using and provide as clear stats for him as possible, or no actual debate is taking place.

    as the Vs battles wiki states, DC and Marvel power scaling is in constant flux and feats of one instance do not necessarily transfer to another.

    context is needed. consistency is needed. if you do not provide these, the version I have found, is the one I will use and not care about whatever Sabertooth you think exists. we do not agree with your assertions that he somehow wins, when he doesn't.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".



  7. - Top - End - #67
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2017

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Im pretty sure that everyone agrees Sabertooth can kill anyone he can reach, but his inability to travel at any speed beyond a fast jog means he's completely unthreatening to a Galactic Empire. He murders everyone on one Death Star, or one Star Destroyer. Then it is a drifting hulk, which he has no idea how to pilot, and he spends the next 10,000 years drifting through space on his way to another star system. The remaining 900 billion people in the universe remain unaware of his existence.
    Say what? Recall Sabretooth was seen as much faster. Actually someone earlier said Sabretooth is hypersonic speed which I think is at least mach 5. Meaning he's both faster than the fastest airplanes currently in our existence and can cross the USA from one end to the other in like a hour's time. Though there are some places that even puts him a lightspeed.

    He's basically too strong and too fast for any SW character.

    Also he can easily close the gaps with his wide set of powers and murder everyone from the 2 death stars and starkiller base. Sabretooth would just call it Tuesday to quote other sites.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by observer guy View Post
    Say what? Recall Sabretooth was seen as much faster. Actually someone earlier said Sabretooth is hypersonic speed which I think is at least mach 5. Meaning he's both faster than the fastest airplanes currently in our existence and can cross the USA from one end to the other in like a hour's time. Though there are some places that even puts him a lightspeed.

    He's basically too strong and too fast for any SW character.

    Also he can easily close the gaps with his wide set of powers and murder everyone from the 2 death stars and starkiller base. Sabretooth would just call it Tuesday to quote other sites.
    Sabertooth still obeys the laws of physics. Even if he can run at mach 5, which really needs a citation, the Death Stars do not have corridors that support an entity moving at those speeds. And he certainly isnt running that fast in space.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2021-07-10 at 10:21 PM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2017

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Wait you say he needs the entire universe reduced to nothing to kill him then you say he doesn't have his adamantium skeleton. Please be consistent about what version of Sabretooth your using and provide as clear stats for him as possible, or no actual debate is taking place.

    as the Vs battles wiki states, DC and Marvel power scaling is in constant flux and feats of one instance do not necessarily transfer to another.

    context is needed. consistency is needed. if you do not provide these, the version I have found, is the one I will use and not care about whatever Sabertooth you think exists. we do not agree with your assertions that he somehow wins, when he doesn't.
    I never claimed Sabretooth had adamantium to begin with. I was specifically think of using the Sabretooth from the other thread I made with him too.
    https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...l-vs-this-team

    That was something you claimed because you kept on citing that vs battles site.

    The entire universe needing to be destroyed thing I'm certain was brought up when someone first brought up that Sabretooth can survive complete vaporization.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by observer guy View Post
    I never claimed Sabretooth had adamantium to begin with. I was specifically think of using the Sabretooth from the other thread I made with him too.
    https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...l-vs-this-team

    That was something you claimed because you kept on citing that vs battles site.

    The entire universe needing to be destroyed thing I'm certain was brought up when someone first brought up that Sabretooth can survive complete vaporization.
    1. he has hypersonic COMBAT speed. not movement speed. there is a difference. he cannot travel at that speed, only fight at it.

    2. clicked your link. does not detail the Sabertooth version your using in any way. please provide more rigorous details of what Sabertooth your using.

    3. a third-hand claim from a second-hand source that you do not properly cite. cite the firsthand source, the actual comic of Sabertooth performing this feat or it didn't happen.

    4. I'd rather trust an entire wiki upkept by a community of people with rules and codified scales for this kind of thing than one person making wild claims with no sources back any of it up.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-07-10 at 10:32 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".



  11. - Top - End - #71
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2017

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Sabertooth still obeys the laws of physics. Even if he can run at mach 5, which really needs a citation, the Death Stars do not have corridors that support an entity moving at those speeds. And he certainly isnt running that fast in space.
    Someone posted it earlier in the thread. Lord Raziere to be exact. Though turns out I was lowballing. According to that vs site, Sabretooth is 'Massively Hypersonic+', which according to their own numbers
    https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Speed

    That's mach 1000 to mach 8810 or 767,269 mph to 6,706,166 mph. Damn that means Sabretooth can travel from California to New York (2,917 miles according to google) anywhere between 13 to 1.5 seconds!

    Sabretooth doesn't need to run that fast in space. Somewhere earlier said Victor is like a technopath or Reed Richards or something like that and can easily master whatever tech team Star Wars has. That or jumps, teleports or uses whatever hidden power Victor has according to the internet to reach his targets in space.

    Death Star's corridors isn't going to be hindering him. That only works if you're flying, and even then probably not. If all else fails, Victor just plows/rips through the Death Star walls and make himself a entrance/exit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    1. he has hypersonic COMBAT speed. not movement speed. there is a difference. he cannot travel at that speed, only fight at it.

    2. clicked your link. does not detail the Sabertooth version your using in any way. please provide more rigorous details of what Sabertooth your using.

    3. a third-hand claim from a second-hand source that you do not properly cite. cite the firsthand source, the actual comic of Sabertooth performing this feat or it didn't happen.

    4. I'd rather trust an entire wiki upkept by a community of people with rules and codified scales for this kind of thing than one person making wild claims with no sources back any of it up.
    1. This isn't anime or a video game. In comics often your combat speed is your travel speed. For example take a look at Superman or Silver Surfer. How much distance can those two cover, yet they're still regular shot and hit by people slower than Sabretooth.

    2. It's in the 2nd sentence/paragraph. I'll quote it right now.
    "It's regular Sabretooth and not Victor when he got his temporary adamantium or anything like that."

    3. Well someone else on this thread claimed it, so don't look at me. I'm just gathering up the details.

    4. Hey I'm just going off the places I've been to say about characters. If Sabretooth can survive complete vaporization, walk around as a skeleton, and heal in nanoseconds from a molecule? Then sure why not? They always seem to unlock these powers when fighting non comic characters.
    Last edited by observer guy; 2021-07-10 at 11:16 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2017

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Not quite: Most dangerous characters will have someone in their weight class that they lose against. Green Goblin is roughly qual to Spider-Man but consistently loses because Spider-Man wants it more, for example.

    With Sabretooth, the way to win is to not be a fair matchup.

    Sabretooth stopped being a threat... when the X-Men collectively got strong enough and skilled enough that they were no longer in his weight class.
    Makes you think how powerful are the individual X-men characters. Cyclops can probably single handily destroy a entire Star Wars galaxy.

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by observer guy View Post
    1. This isn't anime or a video game. In comics often your combat speed is your travel speed. For example take a look at Superman or Silver Surfer. How much distance can those two cover, yet they're still regular shot and hit by people slower than Sabretooth.

    2. It's in the 2nd sentence/paragraph. I'll quote it right now.
    "It's regular Sabretooth and not Victor when he got his temporary adamantium or anything like that."

    3. Well someone else on this thread claimed it, so don't look at me. I'm just gathering up the details.

    4. Hey I'm just going off the places I've been to say about characters. If Sabretooth can survive complete vaporization, walk around as a skeleton, and heal in nanoseconds from a molecule? Then sure why not? They always seem to unlock these powers when fighting non comic characters.
    1. But he isn't shown to move at those speeds when traveling himself. only when he is fighting. there is a difference reaction speed and how fast you can move over a distance.

    2. one detail of many. put it all into one post and maybe you'll start getting somewhere

    3. Yes, that person is the secondhand source. your the third hand claim. your using that secondhand source in your claim. I'm only interested in the firsthand source for how Sabertooth can do this, because its the only source that can clarify if he actually can or not. if you don't know, sorry your potentially gathering up information that might be wrong because some random guy said without a source and thus not valuable

    4. Here is why not: because its possible he can't actually do all that and that is all either:
    A. made up because dubious claims on the internet, which will never stop being a thing
    B. Mistaken because that person themselves took another secondhand source of context
    C. has the firsthand source but misinterpreted it or left out circumstances or plot devices that could make it an outlier.
    D. be a Sabertooth written by a very specific author that isn't consistent with most other Sabertooths.
    E. Be subject to Sabertooth not actually being able to do all that and only Wolverine being able to do any of that because popularity power and fans using transitive property to make Sabertooth able to do it when it isn't shown
    F. a marvel fan wanted to make sabertooth seem stronger than he actually is and make those claims against someone else.

    there is like a million different reasons why not. these claims cannot be relied upon therefore I cannot accept them unless I get the exact place and context where and when it happened and why. otherwise its just "my action figure is stronger than your action figure! nuh uh!".
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".



  14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground
     
    tyckspoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by observer guy View Post
    Someone posted it earlier in the thread. Lord Raziere to be exact. Though turns out I was lowballing. According to that vs site, Sabretooth is 'Massively Hypersonic+', which according to their own numbers
    https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Speed

    That's mach 1000 to mach 8810 or 767,269 mph to 6,706,166 mph. Damn that means Sabretooth can travel from California to New York (2,917 miles according to google) anywhere between 13 to 1.5 seconds!

    1. This isn't anime or a video game. In comics often your combat speed is your travel speed. For example take a look at Superman or Silver Surfer. How much distance can those two cover, yet they're still regular shot and hit by people slower than Sabretooth.
    ..the same wiki you're referencing for him being 'hypersonic' (...this is probably from a multiple chain of 'sabretooth fought bob who fought jim who fought tim who once dodged an attack that kind of looked like lightning and lightning strikes happen in .001 seconds so they must all be that fast', incidentally, which.. well, either you agree with that reasoning or you think it's all incredibly dumb. I fall on the incredibly dumb side of that argument and would not agree that Sabretooth can act in hypersonic timescales) explicitly draws a distinction between travel and combat speeds, and on their listing for Sabretooth additionally explicitly states it is their measurement for combat speed. There is no justification for assuming Sabretooth can either travel at interstellar speeds, or is capable of moving in space under his own power. He is incredibly durable, although it's mainly in regenerative capacity rather than damage-soaking (which means you can at least slow him down with sufficient firepower) and will probably utterly shred anything in Star Wars that he can lay his hands on. Both his durability and his ability to destroy things increase massively if you take a version that includes adamantium - notably, with adamantium involved you can no longer reliable dissect him with lightsabers, and he will be able to cut straight through armored walls/doors/bulkheads that might have been able to contain him without it.

    Not sure what you're trying to do with this argument to absurdity on the tech thing. You don't have to be a supergenius or a tech-empath or cyber-wizard or whatever to use Star Wars tech. It's designed to be used by bog standard humans. It has switches and buttons and sometimes something that is recognizable as a computer interface, with something pretty similar to a keyboard. Sabretooth will have experience with those kinds of interfaces, because they're basically the same interfaces we use. The main impediment to operating some random workstation on the Death Star or hopping in a starfighter and at least getting it to work in basic flight would be whether or not the labelling is in a language he can read.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2017

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    1. But he isn't shown to move at those speeds when traveling himself. only when he is fighting. there is a difference reaction speed and how fast you can move over a distance.

    2. one detail of many. put it all into one post and maybe you'll start getting somewhere

    3. Yes, that person is the secondhand source. your the third hand claim. your using that secondhand source in your claim. I'm only interested in the firsthand source for how Sabertooth can do this, because its the only source that can clarify if he actually can or not. if you don't know, sorry your potentially gathering up information that might be wrong because some random guy said without a source and thus not valuable

    4. Here is why not: because its possible he can't actually do all that and that is all either:
    A. made up because dubious claims on the internet, which will never stop being a thing
    B. Mistaken because that person themselves took another secondhand source of context
    C. has the firsthand source but misinterpreted it or left out circumstances or plot devices that could make it an outlier.
    D. be a Sabertooth written by a very specific author that isn't consistent with most other Sabertooths.
    E. Be subject to Sabertooth not actually being able to do all that and only Wolverine being able to do any of that because popularity power and fans using transitive property to make Sabertooth able to do it when it isn't shown
    F. a marvel fan wanted to make sabertooth seem stronger than he actually is and make those claims against someone else.

    there is like a million different reasons why not. these claims cannot be relied upon therefore I cannot accept them unless I get the exact place and context where and when it happened and why. otherwise its just "my action figure is stronger than your action figure! nuh uh!".
    1. Except in comics, unless you specifically have a power that makes you fast at short range and not long range, then that means your travel speed is your combat speed. It's different in anime because they often base things off of martial arts and video games creators often don't want the player to cover long distances in such a short period. And as you said, if that vs site puts Sabretooth at being able to cross the USA in as short as 1.5 seconds, then sure why not?

    2. It is all in one post. You just overlooked it. Though admittedly I forgot to put those details for Sabretooth in THIS thread, but edited that a while ago.

    3. But when has that ever been questioned around here? Isn't it common knowledge on here and other places on the net that Sabretooth is unstoppable and unkillable?

    4A. Well welcome to the internet. I question where most comic characters powers and abilities on the internet came from, but I'm just one person.
    B. see 4A.
    C. see 4A and B.
    D. possible but this rarely happens.
    E. But using Wolverine for Sabretooth's powers is how this and many sites seems to operate Sabretooth like.
    F. see 4A, B and C.

    Well welcome to my world. I knew Sabretooth (and Deadpool in that other thread) was soon going to be revealed to be uber god universe destroyer level, so I make sure to pit them off against opponents and numbers worthy of their power and abilities.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2017

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    ..the same wiki you're referencing for him being 'hypersonic' (...this is probably from a multiple chain of 'sabretooth fought bob who fought jim who fought tim who once dodged an attack that kind of looked like lightning and lightning strikes happen in .001 seconds so they must all be that fast', incidentally, which.. well, either you agree with that reasoning or you think it's all incredibly dumb. I fall on the incredibly dumb side of that argument and would not agree that Sabretooth can act in hypersonic timescales) explicitly draws a distinction between travel and combat speeds, and on their listing for Sabretooth additionally explicitly states it is their measurement for combat speed. There is no justification for assuming Sabretooth can either travel at interstellar speeds, or is capable of moving in space under his own power. He is incredibly durable, although it's mainly in regenerative capacity rather than damage-soaking (which means you can at least slow him down with sufficient firepower) and will probably utterly shred anything in Star Wars that he can lay his hands on. Both his durability and his ability to destroy things increase massively if you take a version that includes adamantium - notably, with adamantium involved you can no longer reliable dissect him with lightsabers, and he will be able to cut straight through armored walls/doors/bulkheads that might have been able to contain him without it.

    Not sure what you're trying to do with this argument to absurdity on the tech thing. You don't have to be a supergenius or a tech-empath or cyber-wizard or whatever to use Star Wars tech. It's designed to be used by bog standard humans. It has switches and buttons and sometimes something that is recognizable as a computer interface, with something pretty similar to a keyboard. Sabretooth will have experience with those kinds of interfaces, because they're basically the same interfaces we use. The main impediment to operating some random workstation on the Death Star or hopping in a starfighter and at least getting it to work in basic flight would be whether or not the labelling is in a language he can read.
    So you're in the camp that the only thing remotely slowing down Sabretooth is the distance between his starting point and all the SW characters in their spacestations and ships. Because it looks like it going off of this comment:
    "He is incredibly durable, although it's mainly in regenerative capacity rather than damage-soaking (which means you can at least slow him down with sufficient firepower) and will probably utterly shred anything in Star Wars that he can lay his hands on."

    So you agree the moment Victor touches down on a death star or starkiller base, he's going to shred everyone and murder the billions on them in no time flat.

    So you think SW tech isn't that complex and he can use it as easily as today's tech. So guess that means Victor is slaughtering the entire team Star Wars then because it's not that hard to get a hold of a ship. Especially one that just needs to travel to the stratosphere more or less to get to one of the Death Stars.

    "Both his durability and his ability to destroy things increase massively if you take a version that includes adamantium - notably, with adamantium involved you can no longer reliable dissect him with lightsabers, and he will be able to cut straight through armored walls/doors/bulkheads that might have been able to contain him without it."
    Oh hell no. This is just regular Sabretooth. I'm trying to give team Star Wars something resembling a chance here.

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by observer guy View Post
    1. Except in comics, unless you specifically have a power that makes you fast at short range and not long range, then that means your travel speed is your combat speed. It's different in anime because they often base things off of martial arts and video games creators often don't want the player to cover long distances in such a short period. And as you said, if that vs site puts Sabretooth at being able to cross the USA in as short as 1.5 seconds, then sure why not?

    2. It is all in one post. You just overlooked it. Though admittedly I forgot to put those details for Sabretooth in THIS thread, but edited that a while ago.

    3. But when has that ever been questioned around here? Isn't it common knowledge on here and other places on the net that Sabretooth is unstoppable and unkillable?

    4A. Well welcome to the internet. I question where most comic characters powers and abilities on the internet came from, but I'm just one person.
    B. see 4A.
    C. see 4A and B.
    D. possible but this rarely happens.
    E. But using Wolverine for Sabretooth's powers is how this and many sites seems to operate Sabretooth like.
    F. see 4A, B and C.

    Well welcome to my world. I knew Sabretooth (and Deadpool in that other thread) was soon going to be revealed to be uber god universe destroyer level, so I make sure to pit them off against opponents and numbers worthy of their power and abilities.
    1. comic books does not magically give you an exception to that.

    2. if its not in this thread, its not relevant

    3. No, it isn't. In neither sense of it being "common" nor "knowledge", that is your subjective opinion.

    4. you "knew" that they be somehow revealed "uber god universe destroyer level". another dubious claim. I was not aware you possessed future vision.

    But okay, if thats how your going to be, behold blue text for sarcasm:
    This.....is the MSE-6-series Repair Droid:

    However I've heard someone say somewhere its real name is the Deathstar Roomba, so that is what I'm going with. The Death Star Roomba, I don't know where its powers and abilities come from, but they are so much stronger than anything in Marvel or DC. See the Star Wars universe is actually made of smaller universes each one as powerful as the DC universe therefore every second this Deathstar Roomba wheels around its crushing beings far beyond Sabertooths power casually. The Star Wars Universe after all is so much many times larger than Marvel or DC there is really is no contest as Marvel Universe would struggle to even fight a single atom of the Star Wars universe. and the Deathstar Roomba is made of like, billions of Star Wars atoms which are in fact much more powerful than any other fictional atom because some person claimed so somewhere. I don't know where I'm just gathering the facts together man and now they're all in one place so its like, clear that the Death Star Roomba is like, the most powerful character in fiction actually because it can actually move faster than any Jedi and singlehandedly defeat Star Wars planets by cleaning them with its brush.

    Deathstar Roomba is unstoppable and unkillable. These feats come out of nowhere dude but they're true somehow. Deathstar Roomba defeats Sabertooth EASY. Nothing can defeat Deathstar Roomba.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".



  18. - Top - End - #78
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Rater202's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where I am

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    As an aside, "Death Star Roomba" would be a great name for a band.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

    Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here

    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground
     
    tyckspoon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by observer guy View Post
    So you're in the camp that the only thing remotely slowing down Sabretooth is the distance between his starting point and all the SW characters in their spacestations and ships. Because it looks like it going off of this comment:
    "He is incredibly durable, although it's mainly in regenerative capacity rather than damage-soaking (which means you can at least slow him down with sufficient firepower) and will probably utterly shred anything in Star Wars that he can lay his hands on."
    I do believe Star Wars can bring sufficient firepower to this to inconvenience him, and without adamantium reinforcement in play potentially kill him - even if you take 'can regenerate from a single surviving cell' as a valid feat (this is, for the record, also something I think is incredibly dumb, but I acknowledge that there is probably an explicit statement of this capability somewhere in a canon reference, where some other character actually says he can do this or it is shown on page in such a way that there is no other reasonable understanding of the scene. I doubt such exists for 'hypersonic combat speed' - I don't accept "well he was shown dodging what looks like a laser, and lasers move at lightspeed, so he can react to lightspeed events" type calculations) .. Star Wars can destroy him down to and including that last cell. It requires the adamantium skeleton to shelter some of his organic material sufficiently to make sure there is something to regenerate from. Lacking that, putting him in the direct line of fire of something like the Starkiller Base or Death Star laser should kill him, or he can be incinerated in a plasma engine after chopping him into hundreds of gross still-living bits with lightsabers, or something. Or a Dark Side Force User can just suck his soul out of his meat-shell and bypass the whole 'killing the body' thing entirely (..but considering the X-men have at various times included psychics and magic users amongst their numbers, Sabretooth probably has at least some basic defense or durability against this kind of attack too, just so he can have an appearance against Emma Frost or something without getting instantly punted off the page.)

    So.. no, actually. I think Star Wars can kill Sabretooth as stated. Whether they *will* or not is a different argument, but I do believe they have the capability.

    And yes, I do think Sabretooth could hijack a ship, or more likely a starfighter. There are some of those that have independent hyperspace capability and could theoretically deliver him to an orbital or even interstellar target. And he would make a wreck of that target. Claiming he would murder the entire universe in this way is unjustifiable hyperbole. If he takes a ship to move around with, he at least partially takes on the limitations of that ship. It needs fuel. Repairs and maintenance. Knowledge of how to actually use the navigational computer and safely enter and exit hyperspace, if he wants to get anywhere other than planetary orbit in a decent time (this is one of the big spots where whether or not he can actually read the screens and labels will matter - there's a large gap between 'oh, this looks like a pilot yoke, I bet I can fly this' and figuring out how to get a navigation computer to plot a course.) It can be *shot out from under him*, and then he's stuck drifting around in space until somebody is either dumb enough to collect him or they line up a shot with one of the weapons capable of utterly annihilating him.

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2017

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    I do believe Star Wars can bring sufficient firepower to this to inconvenience him, and without adamantium reinforcement in play potentially kill him - even if you take 'can regenerate from a single surviving cell' as a valid feat (this is, for the record, also something I think is incredibly dumb, but I acknowledge that there is probably an explicit statement of this capability somewhere in a canon reference, where some other character actually says he can do this or it is shown on page in such a way that there is no other reasonable understanding of the scene. I doubt such exists for 'hypersonic combat speed' - I don't accept "well he was shown dodging what looks like a laser, and lasers move at lightspeed, so he can react to lightspeed events" type calculations) .. Star Wars can destroy him down to and including that last cell. It requires the adamantium skeleton to shelter some of his organic material sufficiently to make sure there is something to regenerate from. Lacking that, putting him in the direct line of fire of something like the Starkiller Base or Death Star laser should kill him, or he can be incinerated in a plasma engine after chopping him into hundreds of gross still-living bits with lightsabers, or something. Or a Dark Side Force User can just suck his soul out of his meat-shell and bypass the whole 'killing the body' thing entirely (..but considering the X-men have at various times included psychics and magic users amongst their numbers, Sabretooth probably has at least some basic defense or durability against this kind of attack too, just so he can have an appearance against Emma Frost or something without getting instantly punted off the page.)

    So.. no, actually. I think Star Wars can kill Sabretooth as stated. Whether they *will* or not is a different argument, but I do believe they have the capability.

    And yes, I do think Sabretooth could hijack a ship, or more likely a starfighter. There are some of those that have independent hyperspace capability and could theoretically deliver him to an orbital or even interstellar target. And he would make a wreck of that target. Claiming he would murder the entire universe in this way is unjustifiable hyperbole. If he takes a ship to move around with, he at least partially takes on the limitations of that ship. It needs fuel. Repairs and maintenance. Knowledge of how to actually use the navigational computer and safely enter and exit hyperspace, if he wants to get anywhere other than planetary orbit in a decent time (this is one of the big spots where whether or not he can actually read the screens and labels will matter - there's a large gap between 'oh, this looks like a pilot yoke, I bet I can fly this' and figuring out how to get a navigation computer to plot a course.) It can be *shot out from under him*, and then he's stuck drifting around in space until somebody is either dumb enough to collect him or they line up a shot with one of the weapons capable of utterly annihilating him.
    So essentially the distance between Sabretooth and team Star Wars is the main thing they have saving them. Being able to hit Sabretooth with their death star, starkiller base, star destroyer cannons is their only shot at beating Victor. Moment he touches down on their spacestations and ships, it's game over for them, then Victor just has to get to the next target and repeat the cycle until he murders the entire SW universe. Okay he's not technically fighting the whole universe, but you know what I mean.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Apr 2017

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    1. comic books does not magically give you an exception to that.

    2. if its not in this thread, its not relevant

    3. No, it isn't. In neither sense of it being "common" nor "knowledge", that is your subjective opinion.

    4. you "knew" that they be somehow revealed "uber god universe destroyer level". another dubious claim. I was not aware you possessed future vision.

    But okay, if thats how your going to be, behold blue text for sarcasm:
    This.....is the MSE-6-series Repair Droid:

    However I've heard someone say somewhere its real name is the Deathstar Roomba, so that is what I'm going with. The Death Star Roomba, I don't know where its powers and abilities come from, but they are so much stronger than anything in Marvel or DC. See the Star Wars universe is actually made of smaller universes each one as powerful as the DC universe therefore every second this Deathstar Roomba wheels around its crushing beings far beyond Sabertooths power casually. The Star Wars Universe after all is so much many times larger than Marvel or DC there is really is no contest as Marvel Universe would struggle to even fight a single atom of the Star Wars universe. and the Deathstar Roomba is made of like, billions of Star Wars atoms which are in fact much more powerful than any other fictional atom because some person claimed so somewhere. I don't know where I'm just gathering the facts together man and now they're all in one place so its like, clear that the Death Star Roomba is like, the most powerful character in fiction actually because it can actually move faster than any Jedi and singlehandedly defeat Star Wars planets by cleaning them with its brush.

    Deathstar Roomba is unstoppable and unkillable. These feats come out of nowhere dude but they're true somehow. Deathstar Roomba defeats Sabertooth EASY. Nothing can defeat Deathstar Roomba.
    1. Comic books make him a exception to what? Real life people's combat speed is closely related to their travel speed. You don't exactly see a obsese guy who can barely walk having speedy combat in real life now do you? So since you brought up vs battles as they put his speed between being able to cross the USA in 13 to 1.5 seconds,

    2. It is in the thread. I edited in. Plus you do know you're arguing in favour of giving Victor adamantium and I'm trying to prevent that? You want Victor to be able to one sided beat down team Star Wars even harder?

    3. The last previous guy I responded to views Victor as being able to slaughter the entire SW team the moment he touches down on their space stations and ships. One of the moderator's I was talking to seems to think that too since he brought up Palpatine body switch as a possible draw. It does seem quite common around here that people views Victor as unstoppable and unkillable even against billions of opponents with various energy weapons and large ships.

    4. I don't need to possess future vision. I just need to know how certain characters play out on certain sites. It's like knowing that someone's uncle is going to bail out their nephew the moment they get arrested. Not because I can see into the future, but because the uncle has done this all the previous times, so it's easy to predict it's going to happen again.

    Except no one thinks that about deathstar roombaand and knows that's a made up character. Marvel and DC comic characters being unbeatable gods to characters outside their franchise however is something many people fully believes.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by observer guy View Post
    1. Comic books make him a exception to what? Real life people's combat speed is closely related to their travel speed. You don't exactly see a obsese guy who can barely walk having speedy combat in real life now do you? So since you brought up vs battles as they put his speed between being able to cross the USA in 13 to 1.5 seconds,

    2. It is in the thread. I edited in. Plus you do know you're arguing in favour of giving Victor adamantium and I'm trying to prevent that? You want Victor to be able to one sided beat down team Star Wars even harder?

    3. The last previous guy I responded to views Victor as being able to slaughter the entire SW team the moment he touches down on their space stations and ships. One of the moderator's I was talking to seems to think that too since he brought up Palpatine body switch as a possible draw. It does seem quite common around here that people views Victor as unstoppable and unkillable even against billions of opponents with various energy weapons and large ships.

    4. I don't need to possess future vision. I just need to know how certain characters play out on certain sites. It's like knowing that someone's uncle is going to bail out their nephew the moment they get arrested. Not because I can see into the future, but because the uncle has done this all the previous times, so it's easy to predict it's going to happen again.

    Except no one thinks that about deathstar roombaand and knows that's a made up character. Marvel and DC comic characters being unbeatable gods to characters outside their franchise however is something many people fully believes.
    What are you talking about? Everyone knows about Death Star Roomba is an unbeatable god to everyone outside its franchise and that the Marvel and DC are like ants compared to it. Where you've been, don't you know of the awesomeness that is Death Star Roomba? Clearly since a bunch of random people agree on what Death Star Roomba feel like they should be able to do, and thus over the many sites where Death Star Roomba is known and thus play out in patterns that I claim exist, that is enough reason to claim Death Star Roomba is invincible because everyone acts like the Death Star Roomba is invincible. I've seen Death Star Roomba win many discussions you see, I know where the flow of conversation is going, everyone agrees that the Death Star Roomba is commonly invincible. Its on every site, everywhere. Haven't you seen the time Death Star Roomba defeated Ultra Instinct Shaggy? It was a very important internet discussion, everyone was there. Come on, Death Star Roomba beats everyone, this is basic stuff.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-07-11 at 02:14 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".



  23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Can confirm that Death Star Roomba is the best character in Lego Star Wars.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    I read somewhere that Death Star Roomba is also secretly Darth Roomba, Droid Lord of the Sith. So his ultimate command of all Force powers makes him even more invincible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I'm really not sure what you expected when you set a fight with 'to the death' as your mandatory win condition, but one of your contestants is immortal.
    I don't think we can even say that. Sabretooth isn't really immortal, he just always comes back. If the criteria is 'to the death,' then he has failed lots of times. Seems like every-other tussle with Wolverine, he's hit the definition of clinically dead.

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ElfRangerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Imagination Land
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    I have to say it's refreshing to see someone stick to just repeating their original claim over and over again and act like everyone agrees with them in spite of widespread disagreement like this.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

    Watch me draw and swear at video games.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2009

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Its funny I literal read a comic with saber-tooth in it today (exiles) and he goes down like a chump, no signs of super speed to be seen.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    I have to say it's refreshing to see someone stick to just repeating their original claim over and over again and act like everyone agrees with them in spite of widespread disagreement like this.
    It's why I'm mostly conversing with everyone else in the thread. I have pretty low standards for discussion, but arguing/conversing in good faith is my minimum threshold.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
    I don't think we can even say that. Sabretooth isn't really immortal, he just always comes back. If the criteria is 'to the death,' then he has failed lots of times. Seems like every-other tussle with Wolverine, he's hit the definition of clinically dead.
    I dunno. Sabertooth usually beats Wolverine. In fact, it's his personal tradition to find Wolverine every year on his birthday and beat him to within an inch of his life to remind him that he can. He tends to lose when Wolverine fights like a person not an animal though, so he usually starts off making Wolvie angry enough to lose control and fight on his terms.

    (That said, quite a lot of people can beat Wolverine.)

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Chimera

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: Sabertooth vs team Star Wars

    Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    I dunno. Sabertooth usually beats Wolverine. In fact, it's his personal tradition to find Wolverine every year on his birthday and beat him to within an inch of his life to remind him that he can. He tends to lose when Wolverine fights like a person not an animal though, so he usually starts off making Wolvie angry enough to lose control and fight on his terms.

    (That said, quite a lot of people can beat Wolverine.)
    I don't know how that contradicts my position.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •