New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pokepunk: Somar IC

Once everyone is done with their snack who wants it, Pendra uses her night vision to look around for something they can use for shelter - but she doesn’t go far, and makes sure to stay within sight of the group.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    "Don't lie... You're with Them... You're all with Them... They're the only ones who comes here... Get OUT... Or Pay for what you did to us!"
    Rachel just starts walking away mid-sentence, having no time for this and already seeing where this is going. She lazily waves a hand without even looking at Phantump going
    "Yeah yeah, whatevah. Real spooky, not going to listen, think I'm bad and evil, not even phased by the fact I'm half-freaking pokemon, not going to help. Got it. Sorry for bothering you. Look forward to seeing you again when you don't listen to me and come and haunt me anyways or screw with me in my sleep because its late. I'm sure I'll be real scared."
    she will walk to the others and say
    "Okay only bad news time: I failed, the first pokemon a phantump I saw just....like really doesn't like humans or whatever because they did something and wants us out, but doesn't seem to understand we're trying to get out and I can tell is just not going to be reasonable or helpful about it, expect spookenings. Probably of the jumpscare and halloween level. We'll have to find our own way out. Oh hey blackberries."
    She will eat some, having to put it past her her two big nidoran teeth in front. She's poison type, she figures, she's resilient.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

((*poke, poke* Anybody here?))

Pendra’s eyes flared slightly with interest. “What did humans do?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    ((*poke, poke* Anybody here?))

Pendra’s eyes flared slightly with interest. “What did humans do?
    "I don't remember how I know this, but... Legend has it that Phantumps are born when a human child dies in the forest. And...The ones around here are known to be particularly aggressive. To the point that the only people allowed in the forest are... Well, the corporation."
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Since they know we’re here now does that mean we need to start moving?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Firbolg in the Playground

Rogue the Rockruff Hybrid

Keeping his distance from any wild mons while the group is considering their actions. At this point trying to work out the toxins combined with the excitement from earlier, he's more thirsty than anything. His mind wonders, if this is a forest on the island there has to be fresh water right? His mind sort of glosses over as he's getting over things... he should know right? He knows this.

It gets his mind more directed towards the conversation going on, slipping between the fog of what he knows and his currently modified instincts. "The ghosts lash out at what makes them angry, if we leave them alone hopefully they'll just let us be, but we don't show weakness. If they come at us we teach them."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #67

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    Since they know we’re here now does that mean we need to start moving?
    "If we can figure out which direction to go, yes... Does anyone know how to read the stars?"

There's some rustling in the forest nearbye.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #68

"I don't think so, and I think they'd... I'd remember them differently," Rogue responds before taking a moment to steady his mind. If they have to leave they may need to rely on their new forms for support, without all the gear and tech trainers usually have.

"Can you use your senses to try to find something, running water, artificial sounds?"
    Rogue himself takes a moment to turn towards the wind and sniff around looking for the same. He also tries to concentrate on hearing, though he's probably not the one that's going to pick up any audio clues.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

"If we can figure out which direction to go, yes... Does anyone know how to read the stars?"

Pendra shakes her head, reminds herself it is likely no one else can see the gesture, and says aloud: “No.” Not that she would have had confidence in that possibility even if she could, with the tree cover here.

"Can you use your senses to try to find something, running water, artificial sounds?"

Pendra isn’t terribly clear how good her hearing and smell are relative to the others, but she listens, smells, and of course looks around with her night vision anyway.

10. - Top - End - #70

There's suddenly a whole lot of rustling.We told you to get out!

There is now a swarm of bone wite trevenant around you, each of them charging up with some sickly, malevolent dark energy.

"...Now would be a good time to run."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #71

"Yah, that about sums it up right."

Rogue's eyes dart around looking for the best candidate direction to run. Hopefully less of the trees and clutter around. Whatever direction looks immediately best in that regards, he'll go there. Hopefully adrenaline will pick up the slack again today.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Not having much preexisting experience with combat or hostile Pokémon in general, Pendra panics and bolts for the first opening she sees.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Rachel
    She begins running while exclaiming
    "I said we weren't here to harm ya! We just wanted to get out, ask fer directions, but no ya wouldn't listen!"
    Stupid phantump not listening to reason. Stupid transformation. stupid blastoff. Why did her life suck? Why didn't she just train more and try to defeat that Gym leader again? Curse her luck. Curse her choices. Gah.

14. - Top - End - #74

You manage to flee the clearing just in time for a series of Dark Pulses to hit where you just were.

Violet fires back an Ember in the general direction of the Trevenants but doesn't stop to see if she hit.

The angry pokemon don't seem to be following you... But now you're in a dark forest path. After a while, you come to a fork in the path.

"...Left? ...Or right?"

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #75

With the immediate threat passed rogue slows down while approaching the crossroad. He passively looks down the road to the right and tries to see as far as possible into the darkness. He's still not really used to the new form to think to think with his snout first. This whole situation fills him with unease. Mostly physical though, it hasn't been good on his system as a whole recently
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Rachel Nightly
    She quickly says while pointing her finger at the two paths
    "eeny meeny miney mo!"
    And goes right, not caring where this takes her as long as its away from the phantump. She'll climb a tree to see where they are going later.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-10-01 at 12:24 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

Rogue peers into the darkness wishing there were at least more cover if they're stuck in the dark. It seems like any pondering is cut off as he's overtaken. The were-mon follows after.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Pendra follows as well.

19. - Top - End - #79

Traveling down the right path at first it's not anymore visible than the rest of the forest, but eventually, the trees to your sides start to thin out some. The loamy soil you've noticed around here seems to occur more often and eventually off to the side of the path you come across a patch of exotic berries growing wild. Here the trees are thin enough that moonlight and starlight are enough to see bye.

There are a couple of varieties in the wild berry patch, pink ones that look like miniature peaches, some that look like crab apples, and speckled ones that resemble a pomelo.

It's pretty common knowledge what these berries are. Special berries that provide a benefit to pokemon who eat them. Helping them heal, restoring their power, or curing harmful effects.

Violet stops to look at them with a look of concentration on her face.

"... Yeah, yeah. I remember. I don't know how I know this, but... These ones should fix up poison, these ones heal wounds, and these ones restore energy... Or they should, since we're... Pokemon now."

There's enough in the patch that you should be able to take enough for everyone to get back up to full without any meaningful impact.

In addition, off in the distance down the way you were going... You can vaguely make out what might be artificial light.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

“Pecha, Sitrus, and Leppa,” Pendra corrects automatically. As she hadn’t experienced any meaningful memory loss she remembers her work for SpaceRuby just as well as she had before waking up part Pokémon.
    Last edited by Kareeah_Indaga; 2021-10-04 at 06:28 AM.

21. - Top - End - #81

Rogue without needing to think much gets his hands on one of the Pecha berries. Not only for the obvious reasons but the water content really helps out for what he's been through lately. Getting to close to the memory of being lost before and eating berries hurts his head again though.

The distraction of it all keeps him from noticing the light in the distance and he lets out a small sigh that they're going to have to figure out what they want to do about it.

"Don't think we're the only ones who know about the patch. Are we still hiding?"
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

"Don't think we're the only ones who know about the patch. Are we still hiding?"

Pendra hesitates, but at this point she’s one of the less injured parties and thus has less need to chow down on the Berries. ”Stay hidden for now, I’ll go and look.”

Pendra figures she can find her way there and back to the group without a flashlight, and catch any details that aren’t illuminated thanks to her nightvision. The down side of this plan is her eyes glow in the dark, but with luck anyone who sees them will think she is one of the local ghosts and not a part-human abomination.

23. - Top - End - #83

Sneaking along, you seem to come across a road. Like, a road road. Looks like trucks come through here.

If you take the time to look around, you can see a fence in the distance, with a gate.

There's no sign of anyone just yet, just a road being kept lit with lamps placed alongside it.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Pendra sneaks back to the others, and tells them what she saw.

((What kind of gate, Rater? Are we talking ‘pole designed to stop a vehicle until the driver produces ID’ or ‘prison gate with barbed wire at the top’?))

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Rachel
    Being an experienced crook, she is just going to go up to the fence and start climbing as if she has done this before to get over it and check around inside.

26. - Top - End - #86

A bit more weary than normal, Rogue doesn't take his chance at the gate, standing lookout while Rachel goes over. He tries to ignore road sounds to keep an ear, and also an eye out for any wild pokemon attention, or if there's any security around.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Rachel
    Being an experienced crook, she is just going to go up to the fence and start climbing as if she has done this before to get over it and check around inside.
    It seems that you're already inside.

Once over the fence, the treeline rapidly thins.

Now on the other side, you can see that the road continues past the gate, and two men in POBURI Inc stand by it. Neither of them seem to have noticed you yet.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing that Rachel apparently has a plan of some kind, Pendra takes a moment to stash one of each Berry type in her ‘borrowed’ lab coat, and another moment to take an additional one of each Berry type and bury them in the loamy soil, before joining Rogue by the fence. Hopefully that will make up for the fruit the escapees had taken.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Rachel
    She doesn't really have a plan, she just has done this kind of thing before. But she has a few advantages that a pure human didn't now. For one, she has better night vision and senses in general- they probably wouldn't see her. Second she is faster and stronger. So sneaks up on keeping low to the ground and if they hear anything she will go
    "Nido, Nidoran"
    In perfect imitation of their cry to allay suspicion then when she is close enough she will suddenly spring forward at a run to try and Pound the closest to knock him out with a stronger blow than she normally had then the throw Poison Sting spikes from her hand at the second to try and take them both out as fast as possible, figuring that most poison types had nonlethal poison if pokemon trainers use things like toxic in official league battles.

30. - Top - End - #90

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Rachel
    She doesn't really have a plan, she just has done this kind of thing before. But she has a few advantages that a pure human didn't now. For one, she has better night vision and senses in general- they probably wouldn't see her. Second she is faster and stronger. So sneaks up on keeping low to the ground and if they hear anything she will go
    "Nido, Nidoran"
    In perfect imitation of their cry to allay suspicion then when she is close enough she will suddenly spring forward at a run to try and Pound the closest to knock him out with a stronger blow than she normally had then the throw Poison Sting spikes from her hand at the second to try and take them both out as fast as possible, figuring that most poison types had nonlethal poison if pokemon trainers use things like toxic in official league battles.
    Congratulations Rachel, you've just assaulted and knocked out two unarmed corporate watchmen.

Bhind one of them is a big red button that seems to open the gate from the outside, and now that you're standing in the road you can see a town in the distance.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks