New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokepunk: Somar IC

Rachel:
    I mean she only feels slightly guilty y'know? They were with the corporation, and in this Information Age you can never be too careful about who knows what, she wouldn't be surprised if the "Pobs" (she is mentally just going to call them that from now on, sounds like cops, seems fitting) had cellphones and already gotten word of escaped pokemon hybrids or whatever and was told to communicate back if they were spotted. One smartphone snapshot posted on social media and the Pobs would know where they are, like trace the cellphone location on a satellite or something. She will press the big button call to the others
    "Don't worry they're knocked out, you won't be spotted. there is a small town though so um....consider costs and benefits."
    she will then check the watchmens unconscious bodies for any useful tools. She is a crook after all, and she is now effectively permanently on the run in this form. She won't kill-its generally a bad idea as that sneds more people after you and treat you more seriously- but taking stuff that may need? She ain't going to shed tears over that.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Pendra looks around cautiously, eases through the gate, then checks the pulse on both guards to be sure that they are, in fact, unconscious and not dead.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

Rogue the Rockruff Hybrid

While the others are inspecting over the unconscious guard, Rogue takes a moment to scan the path beyond for signs that there would be more, maybe a patrol or guard houndours. Satisfied for the moment he begins to think on going into town. They'll have to either run forever or deal with society at some point. At least now Rogue's the only one in relative tatters.

"If we can get into a PC and have the system recognize us we can at least start to get answers. Get food, find our partners," a sudden shock of missing-memory pain spikes over Rogue for an instant, "tell people what's going on."

The optimism from those lines fades from Rogue's face after a moment of reflection. "Does anyone remember their IDs, dexes, anything?"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

I know my NIS but not my driver’s license number.” Never having been a Pokémon trainer, naturally Pendra never had a Pokédex.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Rachel:
    She looks at Rogue after seeing nothing useful from them, like loose cash or whatever. Taking someone elses ID could be shutdown remotely and taking someone's phone could be tracked, so they were at least dangerous to use.
    "I was once a trainer, but do you mean the actual thing or just the numbers? cause I had my ID and dex registration numbers memorized in case they ever got lost or stolen, ironically. dexes break sometimes and when you do you need to register online for a new one to be made with your profile and information from backups online, things like that. Though I haven't used those in a while since Team Rocket has their own private network they use so its not on the same pokemon storage grid thing open to the public, to make sure they can carry more than six pokemon at a time or so you can't hack their servers to mess with their transfers, things like that. I think I could get them if we find a pokemon center. Not sure how much good they'll be, but at least we'll have a pokedex. Grunts don't get paid much, but the ID might be some money. But then again, ID and dex are connected to internet each time they're used. people can track us like that. its why I'm not taking these guards IDs and such, they could be useful but they also give us away if someone knows where to look."
    Then she turns into the town.
    "I'm not sure what will happen when people see us, but I'm wagering they'll hate my uniform more than whether we're hybrids. They might just be confused or surprised if your without me, but if a Rocket is involved they'll assume danger. People like pokemon after all. There is no reason to assume you guys are a threat. I'm the one that will have to hide until I get a change of clothes."
    And even then she isn't sure if she could put a new shirt over her head she has now with its big ears and a horn jutting out.

6. - Top - End - #96

All the talk about the rocket system eventually fades into a kind of buzz of some kind of negative emotion for Rogue before he shakes out of it. While it's true that any attempt at making contact is going to get attention. They can't just rot out in the woods forever or until they turn feral. He shakes his head and admits to the others as well as itself.

"They messed with my head and I want something that could help me remember." He huffs and turns towards town. "I want to go. Any ideas other than just keeping to the shadows?"

He thinks on Pendra for a moment. The pokemon center plan doesn't have any benefit for her on the face. "And if I can get at an account I'll try and make sure we all have supplies to keep us alright wherever we end up."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #97
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

While the others are inspecting over the unconscious guard, Rogue takes a moment to scan the path beyond for signs that there would be more, maybe a patrol or guard houndours. Satisfied for the moment he begins to think on going into town. They'll have to either run forever or deal with society at some point. At least now Rogue's the only one in relative tatters.

"If we can get into a PC and have the system recognize us we can at least start to get answers. Get food, find our partners," a sudden shock of missing-memory pain spikes over Rogue for an instant, "tell people what's going on."

The optimism from those lines fades from Rogue's face after a moment of reflection. "Does anyone remember their IDs, dexes, anything?"
    "I don't even remember if I have a last name."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Rachel:
    She looks at Rogue after seeing nothing useful from them, like loose cash or whatever. Taking someone elses ID could be shutdown remotely and taking someone's phone could be tracked, so they were at least dangerous to use.
    "I was once a trainer, but do you mean the actual thing or just the numbers? cause I had my ID and dex registration numbers memorized in case they ever got lost or stolen, ironically. dexes break sometimes and when you do you need to register online for a new one to be made with your profile and information from backups online, things like that. Though I haven't used those in a while since Team Rocket has their own private network they use so its not on the same pokemon storage grid thing open to the public, to make sure they can carry more than six pokemon at a time or so you can't hack their servers to mess with their transfers, things like that. I think I could get them if we find a pokemon center. Not sure how much good they'll be, but at least we'll have a pokedex. Grunts don't get paid much, but the ID might be some money. But then again, ID and dex are connected to internet each time they're used. people can track us like that. its why I'm not taking these guards IDs and such, they could be useful but they also give us away if someone knows where to look."
    Then she turns into the town.
    "I'm not sure what will happen when people see us, but I'm wagering they'll hate my uniform more than whether we're hybrids. They might just be confused or surprised if your without me, but if a Rocket is involved they'll assume danger. People like pokemon after all. There is no reason to assume you guys are a threat. I'm the one that will have to hide until I get a change of clothes."
    And even then she isn't sure if she could put a new shirt over her head she has now with its big ears and a horn jutting out.
    "So why not just take it off?" Violet asks completly innocently as if she doesn't remember why someone might consider that a problem.

"Anway, I'm fine with whatever. I just want to keep moving."
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Rachel
    She just looks at Violet not sure how to parse that question, if she was being sarcastic or not. She then shakes her head.
    "Whatever. As for ideas other than keeping to the shadows.....yeah walk on roofs if you can get on them. You'd be surprised at how many people don't look up. I'll go first if no one else does, try and get my the ID stuff and probably some new clothes as well. Even a town this small must have a clothing shop."
    She will start walking ahead try and keep to the shadows when she gets close to the town and look for two things: a pokemon center and a clothing shop.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

”Maybe look for one of those used clothes drop boxes?” Pendra wasn’t certain if this region had any used clothes charities but it couldn’t hurt to look. Or maybe check the Pokémon Center lost and found if it had one of those, if getting money ended up being too problematic.

10. - Top - End - #100

"I can handle climbing if that will work. Other than that we'll have to pretend we're in costumes."

Rogue will be up towards the front as they make their way to town. I mean it's not likely they're all walking into a trap right?
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101

As you approach the town, you can make out a shape in the distance.

Upon closer examination, it appears to be an ordinary Raticate. Once you notice it, it takes off running toward the center of town.

Inside... It seems that you're in luck. Street lights are on, but it doesn't seem like many people are out and about.

There doesn't seem to be a pokemon center on this side, at least in the outskirts. You can press your luck going deeper into town, or you can try to circle around to the other side.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Pendra gestures along the outside of town and makes a questioning noise.

13. - Top - End - #103

Rogue has the small urge to chase after the fleeting Raticate, but that simply isn't wise right now. If it's a trained one, though, that may still lead to complications. He acknowledges the gesture he interprets to keep to the edge of town, making his way slowly towards getting a different perspective. Taking note of his senses he takes a few sniffs along the way.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104

It takes maybe another hour to circle around to the other side of town and... There is a pokemon center here. And it seems to be open. At the very least, the lights are on.

Off in the distance, a large flying type Pokemon of indeterminate species can be just barely made out flying towards the forest.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Pendra taps Rogue on the shoulder to get his attention.

What do you need me to do?” She doesn’t have any Pokémon to retrieve and this isn’t her plan, leaving her a bit sketchy on how best to contribute.

16. - Top - End - #106

Rogue may be too busy looking at the potential benefits than to think if there's anything suspicious. At first glance everything in town is relatively normal, and towns of all sizes have pokemon hanging around.

"Try to keep your eyes out, I think it's clear to the Center" he responds to Pendra. He advances trying to keep to the shadows and hug walls so he isn't directly in the open.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Pendra stays alert as instructed, and follows Rogue’s lead.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Rachel
    Goes first up to the center as quietly as she can, not speaking much, given that this is supposed to be a stealth mission keeping a low profile. She will attempt to look into it through a window to see who is inside.

19. - Top - End - #109

Looking into the window, the main lobby of the center seems to be empty, except for a single Nurse Joy at an intake desk.

She... Honestly looks exhausted and isn't really paying much attention to anything... Obviously, she's going to notice you if you go in through the front door, but... You might be able to sneak in through a window?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Pendra continues to keep watch for anyone approaching, human or Pokémon.

21. - Top - End - #111

Up against the wall of the center trying not to be seen, Rogue keeps his eyes on the rest of the street while Rachel takes a look inside.

"Thoughts?"
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Rachel:
    "I think I can sneak by as long as its through a window. She's overworked, but going to notice anyone coming through the front door. If you want to follow inside, you'll have to follow my lead."
    She will then discard her team rocket hat and find a window already opened to let in the cool night air-fresh air is healthy for you after all-, her eyes squinting as they adjust to the sudden flood of light, preferably somewhere thats not the main lobby but if this still main lobby, she is going to take a circuitous route, prioritizing silent steps over fast ones. This situation was delicate though- one errant sound, one right glance her way and it was all over. Then she'd have to resort to Plan B. No its not violence. Plan B is a deception, a probably stupid and weird deception, but it just might work, given who Nurse Joy is.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-01-07 at 09:41 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

Rachel:
    "I think I can sneak by as long as its through a window. She's overworked, but going to notice anyone coming through the front door. If you want to follow inside, you'll have to follow my lead."
    She will then discard her team rocket hat and find a window already opened to let in the cool night air-fresh air is healthy for you after all-, her eyes squinting as they adjust to the sudden flood of light, preferably somewhere thats not the main lobby but if this still main lobby, she is going to take a circuitous route, prioritizing silent steps over fast ones. This situation was delicate though- one errant sound, one right glance her way and it was all over. Then she'd have to resort to Plan B. No its not violence. Plan B is a deception, a probably stupid and weird deception, but it just might work, given who Nurse Joy is.
    Going in the back, you find yourself into what seems to be a storage room. There appear to be boxes of medicines that haven't been opened yet, but everything is labeled by the scientific name of the drug.

If you test the door on the other side of the room, it's unlocked and seems to open into a hallway. The coast seems to be clear.
    Outside the center, a man with grey hair, dressed in grey, with an Eevee riding on his head like it's a hat is beginning to approach the center.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Rachel
    She will go out into the hall way, searching for a computer of some kind, ignoring the medicines. Thief though she may be, she didn't have knowledge about what these scientific names meant and given who she was traveling with, it'd be a bad idea to steal them for no reason without knowing what they are on the off-chance they could be sold. She made sure to try and walk on four legs through the center as she searched and move a bit more twitchy then usual, just in case she was seen, as well as sniffing about, using her enhanced sense of smell to try and pick up any scents that could be relevant. Her enhanced hearing might be able to pick up the doors opening and someone walking into the center.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Pendra ducks out of sight and tries to keep her eyes hidden, so their glow won’t give away her current condition.

26. - Top - End - #116

For some reason the waiting just seems wrong for Rogue. Given how sensitive the situation is though, it does seem better to let things be done quiet-like. In the gloaming people casually looking around shouldn't immediately freak out on them, so he tries to just casually bide his time.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117

Rachel
    She will go out into the hall way, searching for a computer of some kind, ignoring the medicines. Thief though she may be, she didn't have knowledge about what these scientific names meant and given who she was traveling with, it'd be a bad idea to steal them for no reason without knowing what they are on the off-chance they could be sold. She made sure to try and walk on four legs through the center as she searched and move a bit more twitchy then usual, just in case she was seen, as well as sniffing about, using her enhanced sense of smell to try and pick up any scents that could be relevant. Her enhanced hearing might be able to pick up the doors opening and someone walking into the center.
    You can smell about three people. The smell of sweaty adolescents. And you can hear snoring. The obvious conclusion would be that there are some kids on their Pokemon journey sleeping in hospitality rooms in the back of the center.* Probably can't afford a hotel.

A fourth scent catches your nose as you approach one door, a fourth person, older, better hygeine. The door is electric, however. If you try to pass it, it may detect your presence and open.

Based on your earlier observation, and the light shining under it, this door leads into the front of the center.

...Suddenly you catch the scent of something... Off. Not human. It smells... Like chlorine.

And a sloshing sound at the far end of the hall. But in order to check it out, you'd have to pass the electric door.
    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

For some reason the waiting just seems wrong for Rogue. Given how sensitive the situation is though, it does seem better to let things be done quiet-like. In the gloaming people casually looking around shouldn't immediately freak out on them, so he tries to just casually bide his time.
    The Eevee on the man's head looks directly at you as he passes. Just for a second, and it doesn't seem to do anything to alert him.

"So I'm not 100% sure, but I think that guy's the gym leader."

Violet wasn't next to you a second ago.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

"So I'm not 100% sure, but I think that guy's the gym leader."

Pendra yelps with surprise, almost falls over and flails wildly to catch her balance.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    You can smell about three people. The smell of sweaty adolescents. And you can hear snoring. The obvious conclusion would be that there are some kids on their Pokemon journey sleeping in hospitality rooms in the back of the center.* Probably can't afford a hotel.

A fourth scent catches your nose as you approach one door, a fourth person, older, better hygeine. The door is electric, however. If you try to pass it, it may detect your presence and open.

Based on your earlier observation, and the light shining under it, this door leads into the front of the center.

...Suddenly you catch the scent of something... Off. Not human. It smells... Like chlorine.

And a sloshing sound at the far end of the hall. But in order to check it out, you'd have to pass the electric door.
    Rachel carefully looks from a distance to see if the method of detection is motion sensing or a simple weight/pressure pad near the door. Because she doesn't doubt that a Pokemon center would be well-funded enough to afford motion sensing technology just to open its doors, she would expect the funding to go to more important stuff for y'know....healing pokemon. a pressure pad that you simply step on to open would be probably be more cost efficient and prevent needless expenditures of electricity. More times they use it the more the electric bill would rack up money after all, and they need all the money they could get to on their actual function, furthermore she'd expect such a motion-sensing feature to be something put in large cities that would have more trainers coming through. She is surprised that they have money to spare for a method of detection like that at all in a small town like this.

But then again, she is an ignorant criminal grunt who needs to save what money she has to get by and has been working for a criminal organization focused solely on profit so what did she know? Perhaps the motion sensing doors allowed them to cart pokemon into the emergency room faster or something and the expenditure is actually needed, she doesn't know. Depending on the answer she will generally stay away from the door but be more careful and farther away if there are motion sensors as she tries to sneak around to find a computer.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-01-25 at 11:15 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120

Something's taken Rogue out of reality for a few moments being noticed by the Eevee. It takes a second before he realizes what's going on and has to back-track his brain to respond. Attention would be bad right now, but gym leaders... he seems to have the idea are the more independent sort that have seen a lot.

Of course the rest of them can't sneak in without a clear signal and no attention on the street anyway.
    "Did you want to go say 'hi'?"
    Spoiler
    Show