New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Pathfinder World Guide

I'd like to learn more about the world of Pathfinder (Golarion iirc) but what I'm looking for is the overarching book that introduces the continents, basic details of the gods, et cetera. Which book do I need for this and is it still in print? Thanks in advance.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Pathfinder World Guide

Inner Sea World Guide has pretty much everything you want. You can buy it in PDF on the Paizo website (it says it has the Hardcover, but not sure if they still have it in stock). If not, you could probably find it second hand.

Races, brief history and timeline, short (2-4 pages) description of every region, religions; that's what you will find in this book. I've run a few pathfinder APs and it has been invaluable in bringing the setting to life.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Secrets View Post
    I'd like to learn more about the world of Pathfinder (Golarion iirc) but what I'm looking for is the overarching book that introduces the continents, basic details of the gods, et cetera. Which book do I need for this and is it still in print? Thanks in advance.
    Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea World Guide, which is still available in hardcover or PDF from Paizo's website or Amazon. It is a beautiful and lore filled book. Highly recommended, though obviously it only covers each country in the broadest strokes (about 4 pages per country). It also has sections for history, religions, races and customs, among other things.

You can also get a primer on the setting from the wiki.

EDIT: Swordsage'd by the pink demon. To complement, yes, Paizo does still stock the hardcover. They might not for long, though, as a revised edition was recently made for PF2e (called Lost Omens World Guide).
    Last edited by Raven777; 2021-06-21 at 08:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanos View Post
    The professionally offended will always find something to be angry about.

4. - Top - End - #4

Thanks to both of you for answering. I'll keep my eyes open/buy it when I get the chance.

5. - Top - End - #5

DwarfBarbarianGuy

To complement the Inner Sea guide, most nations and races have a handbook that provides more flavour for characters and plotlines in that area. Pdfs are pretty easy to get, search google.
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    ~ Ernest Hemingway

2021 2022 2023 2024

Dwarf Magus (Deep Marshal) spell list