New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default [POW] Mystic that Readies Maneuvers

Is there such a rework or archetype? I know that since Dreamscarred Press is no longer around plenty of the writers and designers have been providing their talent to work at other publishers and that there have been plenty of additions to other systems they've set the groundwork(for the PF version of it) for like Akashic Mysteries.

So I'm wondering if there has been anyone that has created a version of the Mystic that readies their maneuvers like most other Initiator classes and doesn't have them granted. I like the class very much but playing online with my friends adds an extra hurdle with the granted maneuvers which if it was in person could easily be solved with creating a deck of flash cards with the maneuvers on them.

So does such a thing exist either from a 3rd party publisher or just homebrew; is something in the works for something like this?
    "Nod. Get treat." ~Greyview the Wise

"Should always expect head rub. Safer that way." ~Greyview the Wise

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: [POW] Mystic that Readies Maneuvers

No, no that I'm aware of.

The author of the Voltaic Path of War class by Lost Spheres had suggestions for converting initiators to the voltaic system somewhere on this forum, but my google fu is failing me. Maybe the Lost Spheres thread?

Voltaic is basically a spell point initiator class- instead of maneuvers readied, they spend stamina points as per the combat stamina rules.

It is a downgrade from the "can use manuevers all day long," though, so I'm not sure you'd consider it a worthwhile transition.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Wait, what happened to Dreamscarred Press?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by AsuraKyoko View Post
    Wait, what happened to Dreamscarred Press?
    Someone the company relied on to keep things afloat went away and so it sank.

The Starfinder psionics book is DOA a couple of years after the kickstarter.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Quote Originally Posted by StSword View Post
    No, no that I'm aware of.

The author of the Voltaic Path of War class by Lost Spheres had suggestions for converting initiators to the voltaic system somewhere on this forum, but my google fu is failing me. Maybe the Lost Spheres thread?

Voltaic is basically a spell point initiator class- instead of maneuvers readied, they spend stamina points as per the combat stamina rules.

It is a downgrade from the "can use manuevers all day long," though, so I'm not sure you'd consider it a worthwhile transition.
    I wouldn't agree, since you can recover your stamina much more easily than normal in the Sparking system, with just taking the Total Defense action.
    You could just remove the Mystic's granted maneuver stuff, convert them over to the Warlord progression, maybe. Seeing as they have such a high progression because of the granted mechanic and all. Not sure what you'd want to do with the animus, since that's usually associated with granted maneuvers.
    The Library of Metzofitz: An up-to-date reference document for all of your Akashic, Path of War, and Psionic needs. In the works: Gonzo and Legendary material.

Pathfinder Caster Spreadsheet: For when you need to check if there's a spontaneous caster Witch or a Charisma-based Alchemist (the answer is yes). Includes manifesters, initiators, and veilweavers. Now with a colorblind version!

Akashic Character Sheet: Tracks invested Essence, plenty of space for veils and other Akashic hullabaloo.