A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

d20 Character Sharing Thread.

One of the great things about 3.x is its intricate character building, but that makes it time consuming to create higher-level characters. As a DM you may need several custom stat blocks per session, which can be a pain.

It would be nice if we could save each other time and effort by sharing stat blocks we've created so that others can use them. That's what this thread is for.

Guidelines:
    - We're looking for ready-to-use character sheets that people can put right into their games without any extra work, either as PCs or NPCs. This isn't for linking your charop builds or Iron Chef entries. Play-by-post/VTT character sheets are great though.

- Please note stat generation method (28 points, 32 points, best of 4d6).
    - If it's for Pathfinder, please say so
    - Please note any house rules affecting the stats

Keeping the Thread Searchable
    The only way this thread would be useful is if it's easy to search. To help with this, please post links to sheets rather than posting statblocks in the thread.

- Please post the character's build stub so that people can search for a specific race or class.
    - You can also put in keywords that make for easier searching:

Example Post (not real links)
    Rocky, half-minotaur gnome barbarian/fighter (ubercharger, 8th)
    Rowan, elf wizard/incantatrix (summons, summoning, 15th)
    Jake, human ranger (TWF, two weapon, 2nd)

Google Docs statblock template
    Myth-Weavers character sheets

---

I don't know if a thread like this is something people would use, but it seems worth giving a shot. If you have any character sheets saved online, go ahead and link them.

Edit: Paragon made a spreadsheet of the characters posted so far.
    Last edited by Elves; 2021-09-25 at 10:22 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Character Sharing Thread

NPCs:

Fillian Heartrazor, whisper gnome factotum 1/warblade 1 (stealth, low level, iaijutsu focus)
    Naalgis, exalted arcanist (11th)
    Nahmu-Belgos, half-minotaur factotum/monk/cleric/fighter (tripper, tripping, cunning surge, 13th)
    Last edited by Elves; 2021-08-05 at 03:00 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Character Sharing Thread.

This was actually build as a PC (so with PC wealth per level rules), but can easily be used as an NPC as well. Favoured enemies and things like that can easily be adapted for whatever you need him for.

Ulfur Ru'vanus, Drow ranger 6/ tempest 4 (lvl10 overall) (stealth, scout, mid level, 2 weapon fighting)

for tempest: complete adventurer 81
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

I can post a few of my Myth-Weaver characters from various recent games.

Brin the Ranger- Human Mythic Ranger 8 https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2465594
    Farum the Traveler- Human Cleric 5 https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2479350 (worships a custom god from DM's deity list. It is the god of travel and journeys)
    Garas Wild-Tooth Desert Half Orc Druid 6 https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2479672
    Kvothe The Memory Smith Human Bard 5/ Memory Smith 2 https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2472245
    Rakkan, Snake Charmer Human Stalwart-Battle Sorcerer 1 https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2471544

Dorban Smokestone Dwarf Cleric 8 https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2478026 This is a premade character from Book of Vile Darkness.

These use various point buy and flaws vs no flaws ect. Depending on the DM and their rules on how they go. For Brin the way to cast/use arcane spells with the feat sword of the arcane order is questionable. That's something which is important to the character and open to DM interpretation.

For Garas if adding flaws Ashbound Summoning would be one obvious example for a feat. Rakkan is either fantastic or terrible depending on if those snakes die and nuke all his exp.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Here are 2 NPCs I formated to your template :

The Seer, Kalashtar Warlock9/Mindbender3 (Omniscient, Support, Quest Giver)

Valorous Victor, Strongheart Halfling Palading of Freedom5/Beastamer1/Halfling Outrider4 (Helpful NPC, Comedyful)

Knotdrake, Draconic Aquatic Dwarf Dragon Shaman6 (Frontlaner, Support)
    Last edited by Paragon; 2021-07-02 at 11:28 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Trying to pick some to post here made me realize just how many of my NPCs are based on houserules or handwaiving of illegal details.

I also use my own statblock format that does what the MM4 format wanted to do, even though a monster manual shouldn't - it is set up for use during a session, not during prep. Completely passive feats are integrated into the numbers, but not actually mentioned. Meaning, just like the MM4 format, it kinda sucks at presenting the actual mechanics that lead to those numbers. I converted two to the MM1 format (which happens to suck at displaying individual characters):

Duergar chieftain, fighter 6/exotic weapon master 1/barbarian 1 (ECL 9th, simple warrior) [duergar with ewp: dwarven waraxe]
    Kirk Ertark, duergar ninja 6 (ECL 7th, skillmonkey/scouting, poison, hand crossbows) [twf at +-0 and with two attacks in a standard action]

If you're fine with a streamlined statblock, I can just copypaste the rest from the Roll20 tokens... but if you want them converted to something else, I can only do them in small batches. Feel free to make requests as to priority, skipping or removing houserules:

Spoiler: Many NPCs
    Show
    kenku bruiser, fighter 2 (high hp, martial study)
    Tolnuff Giddelbak and Blackfin the Zenk'La, gnome necromancy wizard 3 and lizardfolk dread warrior humanoid2/fighter2 (fell metamagic; bossminion, spring attack to pull punches) [takes arcane thesis at 3]
    Deneorle "Ms. Dana" Trunikert and Ukral, savage progression 0 drow bard 3 and beasthide shifter barbarian 3 (high hp, thugs, undercover) [concentration-save maneuver while raging; ignoring regional/fluff requirements]
    Berriant and Escalinta Menneseph, human duskblade 5 and human lesser vampire transmutation wizard 3 (gishes, nobles, married couple) ["lesser vampire" is template at spawn's power level]
    goblin scout 3 (archer) [earlier, but reduced-ish power light cavalry acf; ignoring scout errata; refluffing riding dogs as wolfs (riding dogs are op)]
    goblin chaos shaman 3
    goblin scout 3 (lancer) [earlier, but reduced-ish power light cavalry acf; ignoring scout errata; refluffing riding dogs as wolfs (riding dogs are op)]
    goblin war shaman 3
    goblin javelin chieftain, barbarian 1/fighter 2/warblade 2/bloodstorm blade 2 [total level might be 6, class stub is just read from sheet header for now]
    goblin cavern shaman 5
    goblin ubercharger chieftain, barbarian 6 (small enemy monkeygripping a weapon designed for a medium PC)
    goblin weather shaman 3
    goblin tigerskull club tripper chieftain, barbarian 6 [stoneboned does not have a listed challenge rating IIRC; ignoring regional/fluff requirements]
    goblin tracker, ranger 6 (archery)
    goblin thug, sneak attack/thug fighter 4 [twf at +-0 and with two attacks in a standard action]
    goblin jealousy shaman 4
    hobgoblin spearman, fighter 2
    hobgoblin pikeman, fighter 4
    yeti warlock
    minoblade, monhum6/wrb3
    grig rogue 4

tifforp, troll 6/multiheaded 2/fighter 2 [twf at +-0 and with two attacks in a standard action]
    gnoll 2/druid 9 with wolverine
    gnoll 2/ranger 2/scout 2/fighter 2/ranger +1, boss archer
    flind gnoll 2/wf barbarian 5/fighter 2/warblade 1, twf flindbar disarmer
    Last edited by Lilapop; 2021-10-17 at 06:40 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Thanks for the contributions guys, looks good.

- I asked people to post build stub, but total character level is probably more useful for searching (2nd, 8th, 15th, etc).
    If you include overall level, use "1st/2nd/3rd/xth" since the suffix makes it easier to search.

Paragon went the extra mile and made a spreadsheet of the builds posted here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilapop View Post
    If you're fine with a streamlined statblock, I can just copypaste the rest from the Roll20 tokens... but if you want them converted to something else, I can only do them in small batches. Feel free to make requests as to priority, skipping or removing houserules
    Any format is fine, but feats should be there. House rules are fine as long as they're spelled out.
    Looks like a lot of useful stuff. It's whatever you feel like posting. Non houseruled/homebrew stuff is easier to use.
    Last edited by Elves; 2021-07-02 at 11:57 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8

I've got more than a few Id' like to post. Under the blurb should we note different rulesets like Gestalt or if there were special house rules applied?
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

9. - Top - End - #9

Yeah, please do.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

This is a meta suggestion: I like the late-era 3.5 statblock template, good choice to use it. It's a much better format for at-the-table use, because it separates things into roughly when they're needed.

But you can go even further! I *often* find that something designated as "SQ" gets accidentally dropped on the floor, and as a result I try really really hard not to put anything there when I'm writing up a stat block. It is normally something that you can put in one of the "Big Three" sections (before-combat, enemy-turn, my-turn). Doing so sometimes requires you invent some new headings in those sections, but tbh that's completely fine. A few that I frequently find myself using are:

Evade, which goes under Senses, and is for counters to things that would go in Senses. Anything that helps the NPC keep themselves from being detected can go in this section. (The name of it is awfully similar to "evasion", which is a completely unrelated ability, but I haven't found a better name; feel free to pick one, I'm not your boss!)

React, which goes above Resist, and is for things you can *actively* do on an enemy turn. Combat Reflexes goes here. Most immediate actions go here.

I also am fairly free with what I put in Resist -- official stat blocks basically completely limit it to energy resistances, but any passive defensive element can go here (or in Immune) to be honest. You could also indicate non-energy passive defenses in a separate heading (say, Passive).

One that shows up in official stat blocks but I haven't needed yet is Aura, which they put in the before-combat section. Not *really* sure how I feel about that, to be honest; it's not really about pre-combat things. Don't know where else I'd put it, though.

There's that "; evasion" after saves, but it's also prudent to put basically anything that could affect a save there. I've even taking to putting the save-replacing maneuvers here, if the character has them.

It's nice to list all the feats and ACFs a character has as an accountability measure (both for myself and for the person reading it), but I also treat these like SQs. If the feat or class feature's effect isn't listed at the point of performance, in my experience it goes unused every time. Put Power Attack in Attack Options. Put Combat Reflexes in React. etc.
    Excel sheet for 3.5 -- Native support for stacking rules and multiple forms; as lightweight as possible otherwise. (links currently broken, if you want a copy LMK)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Klig-Klag, desert kobold dragonfire adept 1st level (low level, battlefield control). 32 point buy.

If your table allows flaws, consider taking Murky-Eyed in return for Dragonwrought.
    Last edited by DragonIceAdept; 2021-07-02 at 05:11 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12

GnomeWizardGuy

Oogway lvl11 N Tortle Druid5/Holt Warden3/Planar Shepherd3 (Divine Caster, Support)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Kratte the Kenku Bruiser, fighter 2 (ECL 3rd, high HP/AC, martial study)
    Tolnuff Giddelbak, gnome necromancy wizard 3 (ECL 3rd, fell metamagic) [takes arcane thesis at 3]
    Vuthagrox the Zenk'La, lizardfolk dread warrior humanoid 2/fighter 2 (CR 3rd, ECL 4th, bossminion, spring attack to pull punches) [ignoring regional requirements on a minor feat]

That kenku is actually rules legal for a change. Woop woop.

Paragon: The pairs I've presented so far as well as the next one coming would work separately, but the one after that is deeply linked in build decisions and personality. Not sure how to express that in your table format. Also, the link to the minotaur totemist isn't shared, and it might be worthwhile to include a CR column (this batch of mine already has one where CR != ECL).

14. - Top - End - #14

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lilapop View Post
    Kratte the Kenku Bruiser, fighter 2 (ECL 3rd, high HP/AC, martial study)
    Tolnuff Giddelbak, gnome necromancy wizard 3 (ECL 3rd, fell metamagic) [takes arcane thesis at 3]
    Vuthagrox the Zenk'La, lizardfolk dread warrior humanoid 2/fighter 2 (CR 3rd, ECL 4th, bossminion, spring attack to pull punches) [ignoring regional requirements on a minor feat]

That kenku is actually rules legal for a change. Woop woop.

Paragon: The pairs I've presented so far as well as the next one coming would work separately, but the one after that is deeply linked in build decisions and personality. Not sure how to express that in your table format. Also, the link to the minotaur totemist isn't shared, and it might be worthwhile to include a CR column (this batch of mine already has one where CR != ECL).
    I've updated the table with your char. Feel free to change it as you see fit (I can't estimate CR that's why I didn't do it :S) and THANK YOU for your contributions

15. - Top - End - #15

Put another NPC into the statblock format. I think this one makes a fun encounter:

Nahmu-Belgos, half-minotaur factotum/monk/cleric/fighter (tripper, tripping, cunning surge, 13th)

16. - Top - End - #16

GnomeWizardGuy

Another fun one to the list :

Rollo ECL6 (Melee, Shapechanger, NG, Divine Minion (Hartor) Minotaur, City-Brawler Barbarian1/Totemist 4, One of the good guy but you shouldn't push his buttons ...) Flaws 2

17. - Top - End - #17

Now that I've got my Monster Mash entry out of the way, I can start posting some that I know I want to post off hand.

Spoiler: 3.5
    Show
    Orchid(ECL 6, Silverbrow Human Artififer 6 || Dragonblood Stalwart Battle Sorcerer 5/ Fleshwarper 1)
    Campaign Rules in effect: Gestalt, Two flaw feats without needing flaws, Could buy feats with spare EXP when above the level up threshold(this can bypass normal requirements), can sub EXP for GP and viceversa for crafting, Fleshgrafter encompasses all fleshgrafting feats instead of one type, spent exp to remove all penalties to crafted grafts.
    Spoiler: Statblock from sheet
    Show
    Orchid
    Female Silverbrow Human Artificer 6||Dragonblood Stalwart Battle Sorcerer 5/ Fleshwarper 1, Level 6, Init 2, HP 76/76, DR DR 2/ Magic, Fire Resistance 5, Speed 30 base, 15 climb, 15 swim, 40 fly(Average)
    AC 20, Touch 13, Flat-footed 18, Fort 9, Ref 6, Will 8, Base Attack Bonus +4, Action Points 1
    Scythe+1 +10 (2d4+6+1, x4)
    Rending Clawsx2 +9 (1d6+4+1+1d4, x3)
    MW Composite Longbow(+3) W/ Raptor Arrow +9 (1d8+3+1+2d6, x3)
    Dwarvencraft mithral breastplate with Heartwire+1, Heavy Steel Shield(Unequipped) (+6 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Deflect, +1 Natural)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 14, Con 18, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 18
    Condition None
    +1 Bonus against Fire, magical sleep and paralysis effects
    +2 to activating Scrolls
    +2 to activating Scrolls(Spellcraft Synergy)
    +2 to activating Wondrous Items
    +2 AC against crit confirmation
    +2 on saving throws VS mind-affecting abilities and spells
    Feathered Wings, Gold Gleaming Scales, Spike Stones(2d4 on grapple, +1d4 on natural weapons), Replacement Tail, Smashing Tail, Rending Clawx2, Metabolic Fire(Silver; 30ft cone of 6d8 cold damage DC 17 reflex for half), Breath of the Waves
    Counts as a Scaled one
    Immune to dehydration and all effects that cause it.

Nagahime of clan Shadescale( ECL 1, Lamia Spellthief 1|| Swordsage 1)
    Campaign rules in effect: Can gestalt with any other tier 4 or lower class. Homebrew lamia race(would recommend), Flaws and traits.
    Show
    Nagahime of Clan Shadescale
    F CN Lamia Spellthief 1// Swordsage 1, Level 1, Init 8, HP 9/11, Speed 15 Base, 30 Climb, 30 swim
    AC 17, Touch 14, Flat-footed 12, CMD 14, Fort 1, Ref 7, Will 0, CMB 0, Base Attack Bonus +0
    Rapier +6 (1d6+5, 18-20)
    Shuriken -1 (1d2, x2)
    Studded Leather (+3 Armor, +5 Dex, -1 Misc)
    Abilities Str 11, Dex 20, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 6, Cha 16
    Condition Stance: Island of Blades; can flank with adjacent allies.
    +1 to finding and disabling traps.

Spoiler: Pathfinder
    Show
    Lady Kimiyo Itou Three-Tails(ECL 6, Kitsune Commander 1/Prodigy 2 || Bushi Warlord 2 / Incanter 1)
    Campaign rules: Spheres and PoW permited, 3.5 flaws, some skill synergy thing, background skills.
    Show
    Lady Kimiyo Itou Three-Tails
    Female CN Kitsune(PF) Commander 1/ Prodigy 2 || Bushi Warlord 2 / Incanter 1, Level 3, Init 3, HP 37/37, Speed 30
    AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, Fort 5, Ref 4, Will 3, Base Attack Bonus +2-3/4
    Masterwork Wakizashi +6 (1d6+3, 18-20/x2)
    Unarmed Strike +5 (1d4+3, x2)
    Unarmored Training (+5 Armor, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 6, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 18
    Condition Fast Healing 2(Feral Vitality)
    Constant Endure Elements(Traveler's Pack)
    Immunity to non-magical fear effects
    +4 to saves against fear effects

MSB: +3 = 3 levels in sphere classes
    MSD: 14 = 3 levels in sphere classes, + 11 base

Martial Lore: 9.5 = 2.5 IL+ 3 + 4 Initiator Mod

Concentration: +7 = 3 MSB + 4 CAM modifier

Mental Archive(Temp.) 0/6
    A single memory can be up to one book (roughly 400 pages or 100,000 words), one hour of sound, or one minute of full sensory experience.
    ===========

Mental Archive(Perm.)
    You may permanently archive a memory by spending a spell point; over the next 24 hours, you engrave it perfectly into your memory. You cannot replenish the spent spell point until the 24 hours are complete. At the end of this time, the memory no longer counts against your archived memories.
    ===========

As you can see, I really like to swing Gestalt for games on here.
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Planetar

Here's Stavros Cedarborn, Human Swordsage 2/Warblade 2. (Melee, Charger) 31 point buy. He was built for a desert campaign but that's mostly in his equipment. He got Combat Reflexes as a free DM feat, but that could easily be paid for with a flaw.

19. - Top - End - #19

GnomeWizardGuy

Erlindur, ECL6 (Melee, Oversized, N, Half-Giant Psychic Warrior 5, Brute force) Flaws 1

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Deneorle "Ms. Dana" Trunikert, savage progression 0 drow bard 3 (ECL 3rd, thug, undercover)
    Ukral, beasthide shifter barbarian 3 (ECL 3rd, high hp, thug) [concentration-save maneuver while raging; ignoring regional/fluff requirements]
    Minoblade, minotaur monstrous humanoid 6/warblade 3 (ECL 11th/9th, CR 7th, initiator, knockback)

Skipping ahead to try something. As expected, copypasting the statblock from roll20 is a fraction of the effort (needs a surprising amount of page space though). Not sure. May also have to go through and check if I mentioned fractional BAB and saves on the affected characters... probably just missing it on Vuthagrox.

21. - Top - End - #21

GnomeWizardGuy

Always wanted to play this kind of PC so I created it as an NPC to mess with my players :D

Arkay, female pixie spellthief2 CR6 (Ranged, invisible, taunting)

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Berriant and Escalinta Menneseph, human duskblade 5 and human lesser vampire transmutation wizard 3 (ECL 5th and ECL ~5th/CR 5th; gishes, nobles, married couple) ["lesser vampire" is template at spawn's power level]

Needless to say, the beast was... wait, this isn't a tribute. This is just one of the high points of my attempts to tell a story through the enemies' character builds and their loot. And needless to say, this was played as a special halloween session.

It also took three hours to convert Escalinta alone into the format. Expect more copypaste work on the next batch, twelve goblins and two hobgoblins would be a little too much.
    Last edited by Lilapop; 2021-07-29 at 04:30 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Here are some more of my Myth-Weaver sheets if you want them.

Duncan the War-Rider https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2488308 Lvl 3 Mounted Charge Paladin

Quarin the Stout https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2485587 Lvl 2 Shield Tank (Crusader 1/Fighter 1) Recommend second level of fighter at 3 with shield charge and shield ward as lvl 3 feats.

Quarin the Reborn in Slime https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2494118 Lvl 6 Thrall of Jubilex. So Acid Melee Dire flail guy who is very evil and still a tank. Summons ooze and evil things.

Samuel the Righteous https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2479829 Lvl 12 Cleric. Tons of DMM Persist with Draconic Polymorph thrown in ect. My most famous character.

I hope this helps. Not a bad idea to throw a ton of sheets together.
    Last edited by Godofallu; 2021-07-28 at 09:26 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

How about Casara Vanwa a Lvl 20 ranger with wizard dedication who I played through the Age of Ashes AP module of Pathfinder 2E.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

25. - Top - End - #25

GnomeWizardGuy

This seems to be 5e though :-S
    Could you convert it to the format Elves proposed in the OP ?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godofallu View Post
    Quarin the Stout
    Quarin the Reborn in Slime
    What you did there. I see it.

Tons of DMM Persist
    Hmm, easy metamagic... that might actually be better than yet another ET. Except, when doing the math, it doesn't yet on mine. Favored prestige class and prestigious spellcaster do eat into my feats quite a bit it seems.

27. - Top - End - #27

Inspired by the gitp discord, here's Ulfrik the Berserker, a frost giant werebear (dire polar bear). CR 14.

Missing some feats but will add later (or add your own).
    Last edited by Elves; 2021-08-05 at 03:22 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

GnomeWizardGuy

Our first above 18th level char, courtesy of Pen, Elf Hater from the GitP Discord (Dragonborn, LG, Monk8/Dragon Descendant10)

29. - Top - End - #29

GnomeWizardGuy

Here is another build.
    I tried replicating Kenshin Himura a.k.a Battosaļ for those who know the anime.
    Can be found here

30. - Top - End - #30

ElfPirate

What's the stance on magic items? Should we bother equipping the characters, or just note how much they have to spend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Quote Originally Posted by OgresAreCute View Post
    Realism, the natural predator of D&D mechanics.