New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Carrion Crown: The Haunting of Harrowstone [IC]

"I'm Hargrimm Saresun, cleric of Folgrit." the dwarf says as he butters some toast. "The professor and I met while I was doing an outreach trip to Illmarsh. A local didn't like the questions he was asking and stabbed him. I healed him and we got to talking, but I never thought I'd hear from him again. I suppose that's still technically true."
    Last edited by SwordChucks; 2021-07-06 at 11:46 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Marius meekly accepts the tea and a crumpet before settling into a chair. "Marius," he nervously says as the introductions go around, "My name is Marius Nicolescu. I was a militaman for Lozeri County, a little north of here. The Professor found me after a monster broke my squad, and he healed me from that trauma, body and mind both. Lorrimor seemed like a man who had seen the darkness but still somehow saw the good. He saw something in me too, I guess, and connected me with a medical scholarship at Lepidstadt."

"Truthfully, when I first saw the letter, I assumed it was for me to finally return some favor to him. I never imagined I'd have to..."
    Marius pauses to collect himself, then continues, "I never imagined it'd be like this. I am terribly sorry, Kendra, everyone. His fate awaits us all some day, of course, but the Professor was better than most and gone too soon." At that, Marius stares down into the tea cup, processing his feelings as he stares into its waters and listens to the others introduce themselves.
    Last edited by Ason; 2021-07-07 at 09:01 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Colossus in the Playground

The weird little doll-man says, after he finishes serving and when there is a lull in the introductions (as given by Marius), "I am the butler, Mr. Evans. I am going to go tend to dinner arrangements. If any of you have any particular dietary requirements, please pull the bell-cord by the doorway there, and I shall be in to check. Otherwise, tonight's meal is fried pigeon with cranberries and turmeric with a salad of steamed cabbage and olives, served with cheddar, onager pie, poached eggs, and buttermilk bread with jam and cocktails."

He gives a little bell and leaves.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Greetings!" says the smiling dwarf a little too loudly.

Clearing his throat, he begins again... "Greetings... Forgive me... I find it difficult to be... Somber... I know it sounds odd to say but, we should be celebrating the Professors life! Not mourning his passing! He did so much to help all of us and yes, his death was untimely, unexpected, and needless... but he accomplished so much before it happened! He helped me when I was exiled from my homeland and without food or shelter. He taught me so much in the short time we were together. There must be many wonderful stories to be told and laughter to be shared... Othello Marewarden is my name and I am a Paladin of Iomedae, may her blessings shine on all of you. Please! Speak of happy times shared with the Professor! Share your tales!"
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

5. - Top - End - #35

There are two in the room yet who have not said anything. The homeless man who is there more as a charity by Kendra (and isn't paying attention to you anyway, as he is scarfing food down) .... and the boar-headed man. All eyes seem to bore into the boar-headed boor who seems too bored to give an introduction.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Abrax listens to each story in turn, dreading the moment all eyes turn to him. When they do, he sighs and removes the scarf he keeps around his lower jaw and the large floppy hat he wears in public. Looking around the group, he takes a big breath and begins, "I am Abrax. I hail from Osirion, the capitol city of Sothis. I come from one of the old, old families who once advised Pharoah's, although we have not reclaimed our lofty perch since we reclaimed our nation. I tell you this not to suggest I am important, but to explain my looks. At some point in my family's history at court, one of my ancestors became pregnant by a Herald. Of which god we do not know. But occasionally the blood breeds true. Once my family saw that it had with me, they placed me in a monastery of Pharasmans. It was there I met the Professor. I was sent to guide him to a tomb in the desert. Over the course of our trek, I came to greatly admire him. And as he didn't judge me inhuman and unfit for society, we carried on correspondence for all the time since. He has been an inspiration to me, and I am sad that such a great man is gone." He turns and gazes directly at Kendra, "I am deeply sorry for your loss, Milady."
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37

The homeless man finishes the seeded rye he was eating and senses a weird lull. Marius is just about to ask a question when the homeless man gets up, puts his hand in the wide pocket of the ruined lab coat he wears, and pulls out a small piece of vellum, handing it to Kendra. She reads it aloud:
    "Hello, my name is Wren Elbourne! I have been deemed 'not a danger to self or society' by the doctors of Briarstone Asylum in Thrushmoor, which has been notarized below. Please forgive me, I suffer from what is called 'intermittent fugue.' This means that I have trouble forming new memories. I form them, but then at any time with various stress triggers I might forget ... which means I might forget that we met! Please be patient with me.

"I am a hard worker, a good singer, and I am told that I know a lot of different things from before I was traumatized. Some of these things are memories that are long-term enough that I won't lose them, like various facts and songs and compositions. Others might not last. So, if you are hiring me for a professional function as a singer, please be sure to check with which songs, hymns, and processionals I have memorized .... and I can sight read instantly if you have the music on hand.

"However, the trauma means that my abilty to speak when needed to is not always properly available, so I am not very talkative. I apologize in advance for any misunderstandings.

"Thank you for your compassion."

"It seems,"
    Kendra says, "that it was signed - penned, too, by the looks of the writing - by the lead administrator at Briarstone, but was notarized in Soivoda County. Odd, since Briarstone is in County Versex."

She looks up to the man with a smile, and perhaps talking a little slower than necessary. "Thank you, Wren. It is wonderful to meet you, and you have an amazing voice. I appreciate you singing for my father's funeral. Would you like some dinner when it comes out?"

He nods enthusiastically and sits down once she gives him back his little identification placard, looking immensely pleased with himself ... like a child who has been validated, and with none of the arrogance or shyness or false humility that comes with being an adult.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-07-08 at 02:36 AM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38

SamuraiGirl

With everyone introduced, Marius sips his tea and demurely asks Kendra, "It seems your father was a well-traveled man of many friends and talents. But in our brief time together, he and I spoke little about domestic life or family. If I may be so forward, what was he like at home? He did so much for me--for us all, it seems--yet I know surprisingly little of the man outside his work."

9. - Top - End - #39

Kendra thinks and then answers as tactfully as she may, "I appreciate your concern, but this is still too fresh and new for me to go over remembrances. I prefer Othello's approach. Let us be happy for life, but not go too deeply into the man himself."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Othello smiles and nods to her before letting out a little chuckle, which grows to a laugh, and before long his booming laughter fills the room becoming infectious.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

11. - Top - End - #41

Kendra seems confused, giving that "I don't know why you're laughing, but I am laughing in an unsure staccato fashion myself" kind of laugh.

Wren, on the other hand, probably reads the room wrong, and goes with the loudest wheel, and laughs uproariously with his slightly higher-pitched cackle.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42

Beholder

Razvan looks uncertainly at those laughing. Once it has died down, then contributes another question: "My dear Kendra, no offense intended, but can you think of any reason why those townsfolk accused such a wonderful man as your father with the vile act of necromancy?"

13. - Top - End - #43

"Ravengro happens to be a semi-famous site amongst ghost-hunters," says Kendra. "Just to the south of town are the ruins of the prison Harrowstone. If you follow the river's edge just past the bridge on this side, you can see a memorial to a fire that happened there decades ago. Anyway, my father would journey to Harrowstone to make studies of the ruins. Because the locals think it's haunted and are superstitious, they think the worst. Worse, that's where my father's body was found. He was killed when a piece of statuary fell and killed him."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Abrax grunts, a sour look on his face, "I certainly understand superstitious villagers, but your father was the finest man I've known. I'm glad the Father was able to sort it out." He looks around the assembly, his eyes stopping on Kendra, "You are not in any danger of those yokels coming here to cause further trouble, are you?"
    Last edited by Kvard51; 2021-07-11 at 02:23 AM.
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”

Show

15. - Top - End - #45

"I wouldn't think so," Kendra answers. "It seems the problem was with how they perceived my father and where he should be buried. That was a bit much, but to actually attacker a survivor's home makes no sense."

Vashian arrives precisely on time, as ushered in by the majordomo, Mr. Evans. It is obvious to everyone that he doesn’t completely approve of strangers being involved in local matters, but he keeps his comments to himself, focusing his involvement entirely on the reading of Petros’s will. Kendra isn’t sure what’s contained in the will, since part of its stipulation was that all of those that answered the summons be present for its reading.

Vashian calls off each name, with each person responding as they will. "Alright, we'll go alphabetically for first names and the manner in which Professor Lorrimor identified each contact, with the obvious dispensation that Kendra Lorrimor is obviously here.

"Abrax, Expert of the Occult School of the Southern ..... what is that word? Kendra?"

She whispers it to him, and he continues.

"Ah, okay, whatever that means .... yes, Abrax, Expert of the Occcult School of the Southern Hippopotamus; Sothis, Osirion, Land of the Pharaohs; and member in good standing of the Scarab Sages of the Pathfinder Society?"

[Abrax answers as he will.]

"Hargrimm Saresun, Hearthkeeper of Folgrit of Vische, County of Barstoi, of the Immortal Principality of Ustalav?"

[Hargrimm answers as he will.]

"Marius Nicolescu, Current Fifth Year Medical Student of the University of Lepidstadt; originally of Cortaud, County Lozeri, of the Immortal Principality of Ustalav?"

[Marius answers as he will.]

"Othello Marewarden, of the Karcau Chapter of Iomedaens; originally of the area adjacent to Matriculum's Charge, Argent Reach, Druma?"

[Othello answers as he will.]

"Razvan Milosoveanu, Reserve Inquisitor of the Right Faith of Pharasma; originally of private, unnamed estate; County of Amaans; of the Immortal Principality of Ustalav?"

[Razvan answers as he will.]

"Wren Elbourne, on indefinite sick leave from the Sleepless Detective Agency, Thrushmoor, County of Versex; formerly of the noble family of Elbourne, City of Ardis, County of Ardeal; of the Immortal Principality of Ustalav ..........?"

He looks around, and seeing nobody that looks either noble, or sick, or like a detective that hasn't been called already, he shrugs and moves to the next billet before Kendra closes her throat and gestures to Wren. Councilor Hearthmount looks the disheveled man up and down, when Kendra prompts Wren and he pops up and shows the same piece of vellum. The councilor's eyes go a bit wide, though he does eye Wren with suspicious. "I see. I expected 'sick leave' to refer to a, erm, physical ailment. Very well."

He looks at the final person in the vestments. "Lastly ... Zauberei, Research Assistant and Graduate of the Arcanamirium, Wise Quarter, of Absalom, the City at the Center of the World."

[Zauberei answers as he will.]

Councilman Vashian produces a scroll case, shows that the professor’s personal seal is unbroken, then breaks the wax and opens the case. As he does, a small iron key falls out of the tube, clattering noisily onto the table. Undaunted by the key, the councilman begins to read, eager to be done with the business and to get back home.

“I, Petros Lorrimor, being of sound mind, do hereby commit to this parchment my last will and testament. Let it be known that, with the exception of the specific details below, I leave my home and personal belongings entire to my daughter Kendra. Use them or sell them as you see fit, my child.

“Yet beyond the bequeathing of my personal effects, this document must serve other needs. I have arranged for the reading of this document to be delayed until all principals can be in attendance, for I have more than mere inheritance to apportion. I have two final favors to ask.

“To my old friends, I hate to impose upon you all, but there are few others who are capable of appreciating the true significance of what it is I have to ask. As some of you know, I have devoted many of my studies to all manner of evil, that I might know the enemy and inform those better positioned to stand against it. For knowledge of one’s enemy is the surest path to victory over its plans.

“And so, over the course of my lifetime, I have seen fit to acquire a significant collection of valuable but dangerous tomes, any one of which in the wrong circumstances could have led to an awkward legal situation. While the majority of these tomes remain safe under lock and key at the Lepidstadt University, I fear that a few I have borrowed remain in a trunk in my Ravengro home. While invaluable for my work in life, in death, I would prefer not to burden my daughter with the darker side of my profession, or worse still, the danger of possessing these tomes herself. As such, I am entrusting my chest of tomes to you, posthumously. I ask that you please deliver the collection to my colleagues at the University of Lepidstadt, who will put them to good use for the betterment of the cause.

“Yet before you leave for Lepidstadt, there is the matter of another favor—please delay your journey one month and spend that period of time here in Ravengro to ensure that my daughter is safe and sound. She has no one to count on now that I am gone, and if you would aid her in setting things in order for whatever she desires over the course of this month, you would have my eternal gratitude. From my savings, I have also willed to each of you a sum of one hundred platinum coins. For safekeeping, I have left these funds with Embreth Daramid, one of my most trusted friends in Lepidstadt—she has been instructed to issue this payment upon the safe delivery of the borrowed tomes no sooner than one month after the date of the reading of this will.

“I, Petros Lorrimor, hereby sign this will in Ravengro on this first day of Calistril, in the year Four-Thousand-Seven-Hundred-Eleven, Absalom Reckoning.”

Once the will is read, Councilman Vashian looks to Kendra, who thanks him and dismisses him, and she rings for Mr. Evans to see him out.

Once he is gone, she puts on a brave face and thanks you all for coming. "I'll need at least a few weeks to decide if I want to sell the family home or remain here in Ravengro. In the meantime, as stipulated in the will, I ask that those of you who wish to be attended by the hospitality of my home. This is a spacious house, and private rooms are available for all, such that you will have free room and board for the month, providing of course you treat myself, my staff, the house and grounds ... and each other ... with respect."

She rings for Mr. Evans, who returns from seeing out the councilor, and asks him to go fetch the chest mentioned in the will. He does so and returns promptly.

The chest itself is a relatively small object of oak and iron. Kendra, nervous about the contents, offers the key to the PCs to give them the honor of opening the chest.

Who will take that honor?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-07-12 at 01:49 AM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Othello will take the key and nod to Kendra before turning and looking at each of the others. If there seems to be no objection from any of them, he will carefully insert the key in the lock and open the chest.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Hargrimm has no objections to Othello's plan but while the chest is being opened he asks "Did the professor update his will often? It's very strange that he signed this one only 19 days ago, almost like he expected his trip to be particularly dangerous."

18. - Top - End - #48

MonkGuy

"Kendra, I will take on the task of deliver the Professor's tomes to his University in Lepidstadt. Of course I will be at your convenience until the time to leave with them is upon us. And of course I will respect your house and it's occupants.", Iluvar states.

19. - Top - End - #49

Beholder

Razvan nods in agreement for Othello to open the chest.

"I am curious as well as to why the will was updated so recently. Though I am also very concerned as to his passing. I am sorry to bring this up now but in the matter of investigation time is often of essence; for it may behoove us to investigate the Professors last known location...this Harrowstone was it?"

"Despite all this, I will endeavor to do whatever I am capable of to support you Kendra as your father wished."

20. - Top - End - #50

SamuraiGirl

Marius takes Kendra's polite refusal meekly and returns to listening quietly. When the councilman calls his name, the young scholar answers directly: "Present, your honor." When Wren's true origin is revealed, however, Marius does crook an eyebrow in surprise before filing away that information for later reference.

After Vashian's departure, Marius offers to the group, "You have my gratitude for housing us, Kendra. If you have a quiet place where I might continue practicing my alchemical studies, I would be much obliged. And consider me at your service, if I may be of use. As for Zauberei's offer, I myself will be returning to Lepidstadt University at the conclusion of our time here. It would be no trouble to ferry the chest back with me then, though I would not refuse the offer of traveling company. With my luck, such precious-looking cargo would make me easy prey for bandits if I went alone."

When the conversation turns to the suspicious circumstances of Professor Lorrimor's passing and the possible opening of the chest, Marius tenses up, gripped by an internal duel between curiosity and worry. "I agree: the timing of the will is unusual, as is his bringing us strangers together like this and handing us a chest of forbidden tomes. And while ruins are known to crumble, it strikes me as odd that a man of his expertise would fall to such a thing. Is it possible the Professor suspected a plot of some sort? I am loath to open up the very chest he just now asked us to keep locked away, but if its contents might shine a light on whatever he was last researching, I suppose the risk is worth it."

21. - Top - End - #51

Quote Originally Posted by BuckGodot View Post
    Othello will take the key and nod to Kendra before turning and looking at each of the others. If there seems to be no objection from any of them, he will carefully insert the key in the lock and open the chest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippnick View Post
    "Kendra, I will take on the task of deliver the Professor's tomes to his University in Lepidstadt. Of course I will be at your convenience until the time to leave with them is upon us. And of course I will respect your house and it's occupants.", Iluvar Zauberei states.
    "Thank you, Ilurei, er, Zaubervar, er, I'm sorry, your name is difficult," Kendra admits, before taking a breath. "Thank you .... Zau-ber-ei."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ason View Post
    Marius offers to the group, "You have my gratitude for housing us, Kendra. If you have a quiet place where I might continue practicing my alchemical studies, I would be much obliged. And consider me at your service, if I may be of use. As for Zauberei's offer, I myself will be returning to Lepidstadt University at the conclusion of our time here. It would be no trouble to ferry the chest back with me then, though I would not refuse the offer of traveling company. With my luck, such precious-looking cargo would make me easy prey for bandits if I went alone."
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordChucks View Post
    Hargrimm has no objections to Othello's plan but while the chest is being opened he asks, "Did the professor update his will often? It's very strange that he signed this one only 19 days ago, almost like he expected his trip to be particularly dangerous."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriar View Post
    Razvan ..."I am curious as well as to why the will was updated so recently.
    "Actually, yes," she admits. "It was pretty standard for him to update his will before every new expedition or exploration. My father was starting to get old, but he always felt that his field trips would be his doom, rather than gout or pnuemonia or quietly passing in his sleep."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriar View Post
    Razvan ..."Though I am also very concerned as to his passing. I am sorry to bring this up now but in the matter of investigation time is often of essence; for it may behoove us to investigate the Professors last known location...this Harrowstone was it?"

"Despite all this, I will endeavor to do whatever I am capable of to support you Kendra as your father wished."
    "Thank you, Razvan. But," and Kendra looks confused, "what investigation?"

There is an obvious tension in the room as Razvan is the only person who has yet mentioned any concept, need, or desire for an investigation. Sensing a weird cross-play of negative emotions, mainly from misunderstandings and the strength of the time, Marius begins speaking to try to release that tension ... by leaning into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ason View Post
    When the conversation turns to the suspicious circumstances of Professor Lorrimor's passing and the possible opening of the chest, Marius tenses up, gripped by an internal duel between curiosity and worry. "I agree: the timing of the will is unusual, as is his bringing us strangers together like this and handing us a chest of forbidden tomes. And while ruins are known to crumble, it strikes me as odd that a man of his expertise would fall to such a thing. Is it possible the Professor suspected a plot of some sort? I am loath to open up the very chest he just now asked us to keep locked away, but if its contents might shine a light on whatever he was last researching, I suppose the risk is worth it."
    Meanwhile, Othello pulls out the tomes and displays them on the table. Abrax - who thinks the tomes are curious - helps him. Wren - who thinks Abrax is curious - helps them both. The manuals are as follows ...
    • Unnamed Book: The rich purple cover of this book - which does not contain a title on cover, back, or spine - contains a brass scarab set with a single eye in its center. The book’s covers are rimmed in polished steel and clasped with a small but intricate lock, the keyhole of which appears to be for a key with a strange, triangular shaft. The key is nowhere to be found.
    • On Verified Madness: A jet-black book.
    • Serving Your Hunger: A basic leather-bound book with spicy smells coming from it.
    • The Umbral Leaves: A book with a charcoal gray color, and even the pages seem to be at least gilt from a color that is more gray than white.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-07-12 at 07:51 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52

MonkGuy

Zauberei casts a detect magic spell. He then study the books to see if they have an aura.

23. - Top - End - #53

Beholder

"I am sorry if mention of an investigation has caused tensions to rise. In my line of work I tend to label all deaths as investigations until proven otherwise.

Wheny acquaintances are ready, as I don't think the Professor made a mistake assembling us, I could use assistance looking into this harrowstone.

I would like to honor the Professors wishes when it is time to help eacort the books.

May we look at the books?"
    Razvan looks to Kendra.

Spoiler: books
    Show

If he gets the ok, will start flipping throughthe books to try and ascertainmore about each one. Perhapswith lore?

24. - Top - End - #54

There is no magical aura on these books.

The purple book with the scarab is locked.

On Verified Madness is a treatise on aberrations and other entities found on Golarion that possess remote ties to the Dark Tapestry, the name given to the dark places between the stars in the night sky.

Serving Your Hunger is a copy of one of several unholy books sacred to the goddess Urgathoa. Lorrimor's notations liberally sprinkle the margins.

The Umbral Leaves is a lexicon, a translation into Taldane of the unholy book of Zon-Kuthon.

After mentioning the real brief sense of what he could fine, Kendra says, "My father's will mentioned that the knowledge in these books was dangerous, and it sounds like this is true, please put the books back and lock the box."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Othello will return the books to the box, carefully replacing them the way he found them and lock the chest, secreting the key somewhere on his person.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

A visibly disturbed Hargrimm says "At least we know what we're to deliver. I'd rather burn these, but I'll do as the professor asked."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Abrax watches the interplay, trying to get a feel for Lorrimor's other comrades. He takes particular notice of the locked book, noting the scarab on the cover and wondering if that is somehow connected to his home. But when Kendra asks that the books be returned to the trunk, he does so quickly, not wanting his curiosity to distress the Professor's daughter, "I apologize, Miss. Books hold great interest for me and I allowed myself to get carried away.
    I would, though, be happy to stay here until we transport them to Lepidstadt. My needs are more than modest, and simple accommodations and food will serve me well."

Show

28. - Top - End - #58

Beholder

"I apologize as well young lady for disturbing the books.

My needs are also relatively simple. A room with a sturdy table and supplies for my craft would be appreciated. "
    Razvan pats the pistol.

"Is there anything that I can help you Lady Kendra?"

29. - Top - End - #59

"My father's study is available for use," she says to the party. "My home's common areas are at your disposal, but please allow the domestics to do their work without being forcibly 'helpful,' please. I say common areas, because the domestic's private room and materials are their own. And once you have your rooms, your are expected to respect each other's privacy in such regards, and my room is likewise off-limits.

"The domestics are not 24-hour all-calls. Mr. Evans doesn't sleep, but he does have his own time. He happens to have his own alchemy laboratory, but it is his ..... and I would prefer that there be an appropriate separation of role between guests and domestics.

"As far as what to do in town, I am afraid there is not much,"
    she shrugs. "This is not a resort town, and my own books and studies keep me busy. I will set up one night a week, maybe, where we might volunteer in a social activity at the house, but as a quiet researcher myself, I do not wish you to 'help me out of my shell' with social activities. I will be just fine, thank you, me and my shell."

At that point, Mr. Evans comes to the doorway and announces that dinner is served.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60

With the day, and the rain, and the will, and the dinner, there really isn't much more to happen this evening but small talk. However, as the more theologically inclined amongst you might chatter, here is what you will determine:
    1) Yes, Abrax recognizes a very definite Osirion "theme" ... but that's just it. It is thematic, meaning outside author or group putting together the trappings of Osirionology together because if the mystique .... rather than being honest-to-goodness Osirion in origin.
    2) Marius and Zauberei seem to be the most theologically trained in studies, in a room full of people who are scholars, and they will be the one to turn to regarding lore of religion, undead, and so forth.
    3) Urgathoa, the Pallid Princess, Lady of Despair .... is the goddess of disease, gluttony, and undeath. Marius and Zauberei can inform the party of most of what that means to laymen, describing the skull-decorated fly that is her unholy symbol.
    4) Zon-Kuthon, the Midnight Lord, the Dark Prince, the Prince of Pain .... the theologists mention that he is the god of envy, pain, darkness, and loss ... and that a skull with chains coming out of its eyes is his unholy symbol.

Is everyone fine to continue to the next day?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2021-07-13 at 05:53 PM.
    Show