Default Re: Craziest Idea Mafia

::stares menacingly at Apogee while holding his flashlight like a club::

2. - Top - End - #722
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

**Nervously points to EmmyNecromancer, alien vig**

I’ll explain things here in a bit.

Turns out that town is actually in a bit of a bad spot even though we got the last werewolf.

Jeen are you willing to not screw us over?

Because there is an ~issue.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Alright so.

I have to do something that probably seems really wolfy but its the only hope town has at actually winning so yeah here I am.

Emmy is the alien vig. I know Emmy is the alien vig because aventine is the town vig and jeen is the survivor vig.

To the rest of you, its either Emmy or me.

I think its pretty obvious at this point that there is no other werewolf or mafia or cult or whatever alive, so its just the town + emmy + jeen.

The simple play seems to be for one of jeen/aventine to shoot me and the other to shoot emmy. However, emmy just shoots aventine, so that leaves only jeen alive for a survivor-only victory.

I'd prefer that not to happen for obvious reasons. So, I have to request that Jeen holsters and aventine picks whichever of the two of us he thinks is the wolf and shoots them. Or, Aventine can holster but I do not know if I want to trust a survivor with picking sorry jeen. Though who knows if you'd actually holster so maybe that's better.

I'm not going to map through all the permutations as they're pretty obvious, but yeah.

Emmy is the last nontown. I think that's pretty obvious from how Cae handled the peek and the way the claims have gone and how she's voted in the last few days, but I do have the burden of knowing this for a fact so I do not know what is actually convincing.

Pretty much just have to lay this at the feet of the people with guns, but I'll be hear to answer questions.

And if you have questions about why I should be townread let me know.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Night 5 End

Apogee1 died tonight. He was shot with a pistol and beaten to death with a tactical flashlight. Apogee1's role was Alien Vigilante.
    Aventine died tonight. He was shot with a blaster. Aventine's role was Town Vigilante.

Game End

Emmynecromancer won tonight. She defeated all hostile factions. Emmynecromancer's role was Town Jack of All Trades.
    JeenLeen won tonight. He survived to the end of the game. JeenLeen's role was Survivor Vigilante.

CaoimhinTheCape, Book Wombat, Xihirli, totadileplayz and rogue_alchemist won the game!

5. - Top - End - #725
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ah good game. Bit too much to fight through there.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Halfling in the Playground

Planetar

In a weird way I believe my choice in the beginning was very important.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

Good game, everyone.

Quite funny how I said after being neutral last game that I wanted allies only to end up a one person cult.

Speaking of that, here is the cult chat if anyone's curious. Spoiler warning: It's mostly me talking to myself and leaving messages for new members that never happened.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2021-07-24 at 03:06 PM.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thanks for the game!
    I will remember this Rogan! *tries to look menacing*.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

9. - Top - End - #729
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Huh, deadchat was sure Emmy would block someone last night.
    Kinda surprised Jeen didn't go for shooting Emmy to try and get a kill of their own. Could have had a solo survivor win after all if Jeen had shot Emmy.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Kinda surprised Jeen didn't go for shooting Emmy to try and get a kill of their own. Could have had a solo survivor win after all if Jeen had shot Emmy.
    Been distracted with some real life stuff, or I might've thought through to do that.
    But, though I was pretty sure Emmy was Town, I wasn't 100% sure she wasn't the alien vig.

Though, in general, I try to aim for maximum players winning, as long as that includes whatever team I'm on. So neutral + Town sounds good if I can win as neutral.

- - - Updated - - -

Though, with how my kills went, and the untrustworthiness of my analysis given my neutral status, I wonder if my presence did much of anything this game. I guess it at least kept a baddie from being able to fakeclaim Survivor.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    *I* considered shooting Emmy, under the logic that she had said she was going to protect me, so if she was town it wouldn't really matter so long as Jeen shot Apogee, and if she was actually the alien after all I'd kill her.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Well, the first two days were fun, anyway. Was hoping for a solo survivor win, though.

https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/v4pVWAJtnEY - my QT, mostly featuring me being confused and/or desperate.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #733

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Well, the first two days were fun, anyway. Was hoping for a solo survivor win, though.

https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/v4pVWAJtnEY - my QT, mostly featuring me being confused and/or desperate.
    Yeah I'll be honest of Rogan's hit list I'm not glad that I was the one targeted but you targeting me made me choose a rational mind-set during the latter stages.

And just so everyone's aware I was trying to do a play the night I died which was compromised when the certified townie spoke ill of the main event.
    Last edited by totadileplayz; 2021-07-25 at 12:56 AM.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by totadileplayz View Post
    Yeah I'll be honest of Rogan's hit list I'm not glad that I was the one targeted but you targeting me made me choose a rational mind-set during the latter stages.

And just so everyone's aware I was trying to do a play the night I died which was compromised when the certified townie spoke ill of the main event.
    Yeah, I targeted you because I wanted to work from Rogan's list and I was pretty sure Aventine was the vig so leaving them alive meant another kill which would have helped my chances.

Not that I had a chance, but...

Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #735

WolfInSheepsClothing

Action log et al. Big congratulations to Snowblaze for surviving being blasted, clawed and set on fire all in one night.
    Dead chat.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Action log et al. Big congratulations to Snowblaze for surviving being blasted, clawed and set on fire all in one night.
    Dead chat.
    Lol... did not realise I was blasted as well as clawed and burnt.

Almost makes me wish I'd been mafia so I could have been torn to pieces.

And I guess that means I was officially too towny on day two. At least the only strongman was already dead by then!

Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

Woooooo town!

- - - Updated - - -

So did people get my rumor weed songs?
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

18. - Top - End - #738

Oh man, I was the only person to get three Town? I mean, I was fine with it but weird how that worked out.

I'm not surprised by so many (3) Town Seers, I figured that having another one wouldn't be bad. I didn't want to risk taking roleblocker and blocking town, and running out of JOAT abilities didn't interest me (not that I lasted that long). Also, really liked Xihirili's Town Gossip play, I would have definitely picked that role if I had the chance.

19. - Top - End - #739

Planetar

I'm honestly surprised at the fact that so many people chose to go with the suboptimal town choice. And yet it still won out

20. - Top - End - #740

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Woooooo town!

- - - Updated - - -

So did people get my rumor weed songs?
    Unfortunately, sending people your songs would have carried additional information (about the identity of the gossip, at very least "The gossip is one of the players who's most likely to write something like this" if not actually "the gossip is Xihirli"), so no, I just gave them the information your ability gives.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Titan in the Playground

Boo! You BETTER WATCH OUT FOR THE RUMOR WEED!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground

Good job guys. Way to go Apogee for lasting as long as you did!

23. - Top - End - #743

This was a fun game. I hate that it kind of ended up inactive towards the end as info was figured out. Sorry for messing up your play Totadile, just couldn't let a potential scum call all the shots uncontested and as it wasn't optimal, I thought it made you sound all the more scummy. I was more interested in using my powers to out scum than I was to verify town, so I don't know if that was the best play, but it seemed to work out okay, as we won (even if dead) in the end. I am surprised at the number of people who choose town, but I think my intuition about scum being more likely to hide behind town discards is still accurate (I will have to go analyze further now).

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I am surprised at the number of people who choose town, but I think my intuition about scum being more likely to hide behind town discards is still accurate (I will have to go analyze further now).
    It was in my case, at least. The main reason I picked Universal Backup as a role was so I could discard the Werewolf Killer card, which I hoped would make me look good to town (since I discarded werewolf) and non-threatening to other factions (since I discarded killer).

EDIT: Oh wait, I just realized you said your intuition was that scum did hide behind town discards, I read it backwards. So I guess it wasn't true in my case then.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2021-07-26 at 07:49 AM.

25. - Top - End - #745

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    This was a fun game. I hate that it kind of ended up inactive towards the end as info was figured out. Sorry for messing up your play Totadile, just couldn't let a potential scum call all the shots uncontested and as it wasn't optimal, I thought it made you sound all the more scummy. I was more interested in using my powers to out scum than I was to verify town, so I don't know if that was the best play, but it seemed to work out okay, as we won (even if dead) in the end. I am surprised at the number of people who choose town, but I think my intuition about scum being more likely to hide behind town discards is still accurate (I will have to go analyze further now).
    Really. I doubt you want to listen to the rationale, but it was the right play ruined by town.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Here's the wolf QT.
    FWIW, as I mentioned in there I would actually have gone through with not baning myself and letting Jeen have the solo victory if I hadn't been lynched.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

27. - Top - End - #747
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark's Scrambling
    Scramble:

Alright, so, using the one time power of the Psychotrooper.

The other Aliens will look Town, keeping their power and targets. I will look as Town Protective and will be targeting rogue_alchemist.

The targets of gac3 and Caerulea won't be affected, in case there's important information to be had.

Everybody else: BatCatHat, Snowblaze, AvatarVecna and CaoimhinTheCape will look as Wolf Tracking, Wolf Investigative, Wolf Protective and Wolf Roleblocking. They will look as having targeted Captain Cap, Rogan, Snowblaze and JeenLeen (as in, BCH targeted CC, Snow targeted Rogan, etc.)

Captain Cap, Rogan, EmmyNecromancer and JeenLeen will look like Mafia Universal Backup, Mafia Manipulative, Mafia Communicative and Mafia Joat. The last three will look as having targeted Book Wombat, Elenna and Totadileplayz, while Captain Cap targeted nobody.

Book Wombat, Elenna and Xihirli will look like Cult Universal Backup, Cult Killing and Cult Roleblocking. The last two will look as having targeted rogue_alchemist and bladescape. BookWombat nobody.

rogue_alchemist, MornShine, Aventine and JeenLeen will look like Alien Investigative, Alien Killing, Alien Communicative and Alien Protective. I won't touch rogue_alchemist's target, the other three will look like having targeted Snowblaze, CaoimhinTheCape and rogue_alchemist.
    Oh, I guess I was right about rogue and Val being framed by the aliens when I scried them on Night 1. Maybe Night 1 isn't the best time to be using my seer ability...
    And in Night 3, I was roleblocked... that might be why I couldn't heal BookWombat, a confirmed seer.
    Even though I am a necromancer, I am not a member of the Coven. In fact, my entire coven disbanded, so my alignment changed to Chaotic Good.

Looking for a game of Werewolf/Mafia? AvatarVecna's Afterlife 2 is currently recruiting.
    Last Updated: November 5th, 2021 @7:43 AM