New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Craziest Idea Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by EmmyNecromancer View Post
    Like I said, I got a Mafia Roleblocking card, Cult JOAT card, and Town Tracking Card. I discarded the Mafia Roleblocking Card.
    So you're claiming Cult Tracker, then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Ah, fair point.
    And now I probably made myself look super-wolfy by responding defensively about it
    Honestly responding defensively is kinda NAI, but that you keep doing this "I guess that makes me look scummy lol oh well" is setting me off.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EmmyNecromancer View Post
    Like I said, I got a Mafia Roleblocking card, Cult JOAT card, and Town Tracking Card. I discarded the Mafia Roleblocking Card.

....... I know this was claimed earlier. Did somebody ask to repeat? Or is this an unprovoked reminder?

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Town should be 1 or 5/6. Either we're ranking them on theorycrafting (in which case Survivor can side with scum, where town is only anti-town by accident) or we're acknowledging how much town can accidentally shoot itself in the foot, in which case it needs to be much much higher.

Also, I guess this could be a very accidental Survivor claim lol

Wasn't intended as a scum callout as much as like...

"Oh yeah somebody would be setting those up if it were allowed. And if they did, we would be working so hard trying to decipher the info it resulted in."

We know who somebody is. And we know who all "we" would be.
    Valid points. I hadn't considered Survivor siding with baddies. Mainly because they would have to know who one was to do that I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're claiming Cult Tracker, then?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly responding defensively is kinda NAI, but that you keep doing this "I guess that makes me look scummy lol oh well" is setting me off.
    Doesn't Seem always do that though?

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

It's nice to get heat at night when folk are picking NKs, as it makes the killers lest likely to kill you in case they think someone else might do the job for them.

So now is the perfect time to look scummy by being regretful about looking scummy.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

It's nice to get heat at night when folk are picking NKs, as it makes the killers lest likely to kill you in case they think someone else might do the job for them.

So now is the perfect time to look scummy by being regretful about looking scummy.
    And now you tell the plan to add another layer to the deception? Don't you get dizzy from all the wine in front of you?
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

5. - Top - End - #245

Cult gets an accurate alignment as well. Even more accurate, since they can't be foiled by a framer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger Roles List
    Mafia or Cult Spy: Once per night, you can choose one target. You learn that target's ROLE TYPE.
    Cult gets Role Type, not Alignment. If/after Rogue becomes Cult (goes rogue?) he won't get alignment anymore and will have to guess at someone else's Alignment or give up a Cult member to look like he's still getting accurate results.

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Maybe this is a stupid question, but how do we tell it's an accurate scry without any sort of functioning town network? Couldn't rogue just claim to scry one of his hypothetical werewolf/mafia/cult buddies and then have them "confirm" it?
    If RA gives us an evil alignment we lynch the target - if the alignment matches RA's claim we can trust him. If he gives us an ally buddy (RA is a Wolf and says x is a Wolf) then we falsely trust Apogee but that team is down a member.

6. - Top - End - #246

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Cult gets Role Type, not Alignment. If/after Rogue becomes Cult (goes rogue?) he won't get alignment anymore and will have to guess at someone else's Alignment or give up a Cult member to look like he's still getting accurate results.
    They get an accurate read by CONVERTING someone. Or trying to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

From OP

The cult have a factional conversion. Once per night, any one member of the cult can choose a target to use their conversion ability on. Any time the cult use their ability on a member of the town, that player joins the cult. Any time the cult use their ability on anyone else, the cult is informed of the faction (but not the role) of the target.
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

7. - Top - End - #247

They get an accurate read by CONVERTING someone. Or trying to do so.
    Ah, that's fair.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Eh, been an hour and no good reasons not to claim.

Claiming time: Survivor.
    Had Town, Town, Survivor. With a Communicate Power. So, by daybreak I should be able to pretty much prove I'm not lying about being Survivor. This should give me an easy, if boring, win. Probably good with real life being busy.

---

I was hoping to wait to claim until counterclaiming someone claiming Survivor, since that'd be fun. (I was sad flat_footed didn't go that route.) But as I win when the game ends (as long as I'm alive), and the game ends faster if other people die faster, I figured I should claim lest someone waste a NK on me.
    I do kinda regret not keeping my alignment secret, so that Townies might think I'm a Townie and care about Town winning, as that sort of manipulation might be fun... but with a potential 4 NKs tonight (mafia, werewolf, town vig, serial killer), I'm thinking making sure those aren't wasted is more important to my winning.

And, for what it's worth, if I was Town, I probably would have voted bladescape after his vig claim. The timing of his claim and his banter with Aventine rang scummy to me, not that Aventine feels much more towny than bladescape.
    But I want bladescape around killing folk if he is really the Town Vig.
    I feel like the Town just sorta lucked into wagoning onto flat_footed. But I'll stay pro-Town by not speculating more on that angle.

---

Also, D2 starts Saturday afternoon for me...
    I'll probably be inactive most of D2, but should be around most of Monday.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

If last game is any indication, Neutral!JeenLeen townsides even when it's in his best interests not to do so.

EDIT: Which naturally means I now suspect he's the serial killer.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-07-09 at 03:18 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

If last game is any indication, Neutral!JeenLeen townsides even when it's in his best interests not to do so.

Prediction: D2 or D2, the Serial Killer comes up for lynch. They claim Survivor, and I get lynched as the test.
    But I should be able to prove I'm not the serial killer come morning.

Question to Unavenger: if someone performs their factional NK, they can still use their other power on another target. Right?
    Slightly worried about a Serial Killer Roleblocker voiding me while killing someone, so it pegged on me.
    Also throwing this out here for any trackers: if you see someone targeted two people, I think it necessarily means they are a NKer.

11. - Top - End - #251

ClericGuy

Jeen also faked a claim last game to avoid a night kill.
    It's possible he is trying the same thing again.

- - - Updated - - -

Prediction: D2 or D2, the Serial Killer comes up for lynch. They claim Survivor, and I get lynched as the test.

Question to Unavenger: if someone performs their factional NK, they can still use their other power on another target. Right?
    Slightly worried about a Serial Killer Roleblocker voiding me while killing someone, so it pegged on me.
    Also throwing this out here for any trackers: if you see someone targeted two people, I think it necessarily means they are a NKer.
    Town Gossip: Once per night, you can target a player, then choose a non-alien Investigative or Tracking role and a second player. You cannot choose yourself for either player. The first player gains the information they would have gained from using that ability on the second player.

This would be another way to get two night actions. At least I think so.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Jeen also faked a claim last game to avoid a night kill.
    It's possible he is trying the same thing again.

- - - Updated - - -

Town Gossip: Once per night, you can target a player, then choose a non-alien Investigative or Tracking role and a second player. You cannot choose yourself for either player. The first player gains the information they would have gained from using that ability on the second player.

Looks like you're trying to not get suspected for using two powers tonight. Don't wanna get viewed as a killer? Or don't wanna get mistaken for a killer?
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-07-09 at 03:41 PM.

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #253

ClericGuy

Looks like you're trying to not get suspected for using two powers tonight. Don't wanna get viewed as a killer? Or don't wanna get mistaken for a killer?
    Don't want Jeen get away with misinformation.
    It could be an honest mistake or a way to get rid of someone else if he has this power.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Didn't Unavenger clarify that this is not targeting 2 players. It is targeting one (who is detected via powers) and choosing another (a mechanically-null action.)
    I think, for the same reason, a Alien Mindslaver doesn't target 2 players.

- - - Updated - - -

Though, Rogan, good call bringing this up. I have forgotten or misread aspects of rules before, and this game has some weird interactions, so this is a legit question to ask.

On the other hand, AV could be right. You could be a wolf who was counting on that as your excuse should you get caught NKing... which, well, I guess this is a "you're welcome" to clarify it's a bad excuse (if I am remembering correctly.)
    But I can see a Townie asking this.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, been an hour and no good reasons not to claim.

Claiming time: Survivor.
    Had Town, Town, Survivor. With a Communicate Power. So, by daybreak I should be able to pretty much prove I'm not lying about being Survivor. This should give me an easy, if boring, win. Probably good with real life being busy.

---

I was hoping to wait to claim until counterclaiming someone claiming Survivor, since that'd be fun. (I was sad flat_footed didn't go that route.) But as I win when the game ends (as long as I'm alive), and the game ends faster if other people die faster, I figured I should claim lest someone waste a NK on me.
    I do kinda regret not keeping my alignment secret, so that Townies might think I'm a Townie and care about Town winning, as that sort of manipulation might be fun... but with a potential 4 NKs tonight (mafia, werewolf, town vig, serial killer), I'm thinking making sure those aren't wasted is more important to my winning.

And, for what it's worth, if I was Town, I probably would have voted bladescape after his vig claim. The timing of his claim and his banter with Aventine rang scummy to me, not that Aventine feels much more towny than bladescape.
    But I want bladescape around killing folk if he is really the Town Vig.
    I feel like the Town just sorta lucked into wagoning onto flat_footed. But I'll stay pro-Town by not speculating more on that angle.

---

Also, D2 starts Saturday afternoon for me...
    I'll probably be inactive most of D2, but should be around most of Monday.
    Your reason not to claim is that it's nighttime and this mostly helps the various anti-town factions, Jeen.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

16. - Top - End - #256

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yes, someone who uses the faction power can still use another power, and yes, this is the only way to target more than one person.

I'm out tomorrow, so the night's end may be delayed by anything up to a few hours because I won't be around to end the night. Don't be alarmed if it doesn't end when it's scheduled to.

17. - Top - End - #257

Yes, someone who uses the faction power can still use another power, and yes, this is the only way to target more than one person.

I'm out tomorrow, so the night's end may be delayed by anything up to a few hours because I won't be around to end the night. Don't be alarmed if it doesn't end when it's scheduled to.
    Does it end when you end it or at it's expected time? I know we are all waiting for the info to make actual news for D2, just wondering if D2 will be short.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Your reason not to claim is that it's nighttime and this mostly helps the various anti-town factions, Jeen.
    Exactly. My reason to claim is to help the anti-town factions (and the town vig) to successfully kill someone by directing them away from NK-immune me.
    Or maybe I'm actually a lying Friendly Neighbor town.

I guess Day's Start will tell.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Hm. Well, town don't do anything beneficial for Jeen.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah. Except if it's true, they are not inherently pro town. You were the one pushing that they be more wolfish last game when they were a neutral. So there is no reason from their perspective to not claim. Just sucks for town.

- - - Updated - - -

Hm. Well, town don't do anything beneficial for Jeen.
    Or kill him with fire anyways? Not promoting it, just it could be an option... I have to reread how survivor works.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Don't listen to me then! Listen to me now!
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262

ClericGuy

Didn't Unavenger clarify that this is not targeting 2 players. It is targeting one (who is detected via powers) and choosing another (a mechanically-null action.)
    I think, for the same reason, a Alien Mindslaver doesn't target 2 players.

- - - Updated - - -

Though, Rogan, good call bringing this up. I have forgotten or misread aspects of rules before, and this game has some weird interactions, so this is a legit question to ask.

On the other hand, AV could be right. You could be a wolf who was counting on that as your excuse should you get caught NKing... which, well, I guess this is a "you're welcome" to clarify it's a bad excuse (if I am remembering correctly.)
    But I can see a Townie asking this.
    I was rather thinking, the power would give someone else two actions. The normal night action and the additional scry.
    @Unavanger
    Can you clarify?
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I was about to wolfread whoever started the “trackers, everyone visiting two people is a scum nightkiller” because all trackers are scum themselves... then I realised it came from the Survivor claim. So... maybe not so wolfy?

*shrug* the claim probably self-resolves, I’ll worry about it tomorrow if I need to.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    I was about to wolfread whoever started the “trackers, everyone visiting two people is a scum nightkiller” because all trackers are scum themselves... then I realised it came from the Survivor claim. So... maybe not so wolfy?

*shrug* the claim probably self-resolves, I’ll worry about it tomorrow if I need to.
    I mean they also could be scum. I'm only confident they aren't town.

Does town not have tracking?

Ah. I see. It's that they tell you the other thing. Ignore that question.
    Last edited by gac3; 2021-07-10 at 02:51 AM.

25. - Top - End - #265

WolfInSheepsClothing

Does it end when you end it or at it's expected time? I know we are all waiting for the info to make actual news for D2, just wondering if D2 will be short.
    D2 will be slightly short, but I might move the actual end time a little as well.

I was rather thinking, the power would give someone else two actions. The normal night action and the additional scry.
    @Unavanger
    Can you clarify?
    Sure. If Annabelle, a Gossip, says "I want to gossip to Bill, telling him the information he would have got from the seer power on Clara", and Bill, a Vigilante, says "I want to kill Dana", then Ethan, an Overseer, checks out Bill, then:

Annabelle will learn nothing.
    Bill will learn Clara's alignment.
    Clara will do whatever her power does.
    Dana will die after doing whatever their power does.
    Ethan will learn that Annabelle gossiped to Bill, and also that Bill targeted Dana.

If Ethan had been a Watcher, he would have seen "Annabelle", if he had been a Tracker, he would have seen "Dana" and if he had been a stalker, he would have seen "Gossip", but he will never see Clara come up because neither Bill nor Annabelle ever actually visited her.

26. - Top - End - #266

ClericGuy

Sure. If Annabelle, a Gossip, says "I want to gossip to Bill, telling him the information he would have got from the seer power on Clara", and Bill, a Vigilante, says "I want to kill Dana", then Ethan, an Overseer, checks out Bill, then:

Annabelle will learn nothing.
    Bill will learn Clara's alignment.
    Clara will do whatever her power does.
    Dana will die after doing whatever their power does.
    Ethan will learn that Annabelle gossiped to Bill, and also that Bill targeted Dana.

If Ethan had been a Watcher, he would have seen "Annabelle", if he had been a Tracker, he would have seen "Dana" and if he had been a stalker, he would have seen "Gossip", but he will never see Clara come up because neither Bill nor Annabelle ever actually visited her.
    Ah, okay. My mistake then. I thought the gossip power would make the target (Bill) targeting the second player (Clara), using whichever power the gossip picked.

Thanks for the answer, Unavenger. I really appreciate your long and clear responses to those questions, both in recruitment and here.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Guess the delay makes my obsessive refreshing pretty pointless, then.

Seconding Rogan’s point - I probably don’t make enough of an effort to thank narrators for putting together a functioning game, so... thanks Unavenger, and thanks to everyone else who runs games.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #268

ClericGuy

I hope the suspense is the only thing that will kill me.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    Guess the delay makes my obsessive refreshing pretty pointless, then.

Seconding Rogan’s point - I probably don’t make enough of an effort to thank narrators for putting together a functioning game, so... thanks Unavenger, and thanks to everyone else who runs games.
    Agreed. Both about being grateful towards narrators and obsessively refreshing, I wouldn't be surprised if my F5 button is worn out by the time the game's over.

30. - Top - End - #270

Thanks, as everyone said, to the narrators out there, especially games with so many interactions at night.

To the question of revealing what cards people got, it looks like not many people did that?

Think it's helpful for people to post their cards? Or only if they think they're going to die? Or only hint at what they are subtley?