New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC

Bon Voyage....

Nightgaunt flinches away from the dragon as it leaps over him. Seeing the assembled menagerie, and Menagerie, attempting to book it down the sewers, he cups his hands around his mouth and calls to Menagerie. "Maybe next time we can find somewhere less crowded to dance?"

He smiles beneath his helmet, then he notices his mangled hand, blood dripping from the tears in his pale flesh, and ugly black bruises forming around his disjointed knuckles. He takes a deep breath and closes his eyes and wills his self to knit back together. He leans against a nearby trashed car while he rapidly burns through the extra blood he's consumed. He feels a familiar tickle at the back of his throat, and his teeth itch.

He folds his arms across his chest, hiding his mangled hand, and looks around, waiting for the lights and sirens to arrive, and seeing if there's anything that requires his immediate attention.

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/Whatnot
    Show

Nightgaunt takes an action to activate his Regeneration. He rolls Vigor every round until he has no wounds. I'm not gonna roll, cause we're out of combat, and I'll 'eventually' roll the single success I need to heal.

Notice Roll: 4
    Remember! Nightgaunt can see heat!
    Nightgaunt is no longer Sated.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

The frogman gets blasted by Red Line's attack and collapses onto the street. Seeing this, the white gator growls out, "C’est pas de tea affaires, boy," then turns tail and grabs his boss before diving down into the sewer entrance that the frogman blasted open with his last attack.
    Red Line hops off of the car and walks over to the sewer entrance after the crooks make their retreat. He's joined by the second Red Line as they inspect the waterway. "Hey, you guys do know someone's gotta pay for all of this property damage right?!" One shouts into the sewer. "Villains these days am I right?" Red Line shakes his head before looking back to Eris. "How're you holdin' up anyway? Better than her, that's for sure."

Red Line moves over to the unconscious Burnout and tries to access her current condition. Raising a hand in the air he fires off a flare that bursts into the team's logo over the surrounding rooftops. The second Red Line weaves through the debris along the street in search of his teammate. "Hey Night, you okay?" Red Line calls out. "It looks like everyone's already cleared out so it's just us until the first response arrives."

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Notice: 4
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2021-08-18 at 03:12 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Appearing out of an alleyway and stepping casually past a wrecked car, Gianna Santoro (aka Bloody Mary) joined the scene. She was, as usual, fashionably late. With her hands in the pockets of her jeans she approached Redline, Envy, and Nightgaunt.
    "Ay! Looks like I missed the party. What the hell happened here?" She asked, looking between the two.
    She was of average height but built of lean muscle, emphasized by the cut off sleeves of her Rolling Stones tshirt. Her black hair hung to just above her shoulders, never quite neat and never exactly messy.
    "This place is a mess." She added, coming to a stop beside the three of them.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

That's a Wrap...

Nightgaunt's blank helmet bobs in greeting when Red Line materializes out of the wreckage of the street. He tilts his head quizzically before holding up his now filthy, but unblemished and uninjured hand. "Nothing that won't wash off Red Line." He says in an amused tone.

"Who's the hot chick, by the way? Last I saw she was trying gator tail the hard way."

Swiveling toward Bloody Mary, Nightgaunt chuckles at her assessment of the battle and says "You should see the other guys."

5. - Top - End - #35

RedSorcererGirl

Gia shrugged. "If they look as bad or worse than my old Nonno's focaccia then I almost feel bad for them." She said, thinking back to when she was ten and her grandfather nearly burned the kitchen down trying to make bread.

6. - Top - End - #36

NinjaGuy

Nightgaunt's blank helmet bobs in greeting when Red Line materializes out of the wreckage of the street. He tilts his head quizzically before holding up his now filthy, but unblemished and uninjured hand. "Nothing that won't wash off Red Line." He says in an amused tone.

"Who's the hot chick, by the way? Last I saw she was trying gator tail the hard way."
    Red Line chuckles at his teammates joke before looking back over to the unconscious heroine. His smile fades quickly as he rubs the back of his neck, "I could be wrong but I think her name's Burnout. She's a member of the East Side provisional team as far as I know. No clue what she was doing over here." He finishes with a slight shrug. "I'm looking her over now but from what I can tell she took a pretty nasty beating."

Appearing out of an alleyway and stepping casually past a wrecked car, Gianna Santoro (aka Bloody Mary) joined the scene. She was, as usual, fashionably late. With her hands in the pockets of her jeans she approached Redline, Envy, and Nightgaunt.

"Ay! Looks like I missed the party. What the hell happened here?" She asked, looking between the two. "This place is a mess." She added, coming to a stop beside the three of them.
    His attention is drawn to the alleyway when a familiar figure strolls into view. "Excuse me miss, but all citizens were explicitly instructed to vacate the area to ensure their safety." Red Line says in a practiced voice though his smile betrays him. "Was wondering when you'd show up. Unfortunately the riverfolk already booked it backed to the bayou. First response should be arriving on the scene any minute now so you might wanna suit up."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Both Nightgaunt and Red Line notice that one of the bags that the green gatorman dropped is starting to move. It twitches and the bag rolls slightly to the left. Nightgaunt's thermosensitive eyes can see that something very warm is inside.

Burnout is still deeply unconscious. The Red Line assessing her can see that she probably has a dislocated shoulder, and there are several deep slashes in her abdomen that ooze a moderate amount of blood, but it doesn't look look like anything life-threatening, especially when his ears pick up an increase in the volume of the wailing ambulance.
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-08-24 at 08:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

"First responders means fuzz.... and fuzz means press.... and I don't feel like talking to the press. You remember what happened last time." Nightgaunt rambles. He stretches his hands over his head and sighs loudly.

"I'll see you two back at the hideout. Later." He offers a 'peace out' salute and gathers himself to take off....

He tilts his head in confusion and points. "Uh.... should that be moving?" He sighs again. "It's always something, right?" He says to Gia.

Nightgaunt picks his way through the rubble and prods at the bag with the toe of his boot. If nothing exciting happens, he'll slit it open with one of his nails.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

At your prod, the bag lets out a deep groan, like that of someone in pain. As you slice it open, a man of about 30 with dark brown hair pokes his head out, blinking at the afternoon light. He glances over at Nightgaunt and starts a little as he's met with the blankness of the vampire's helmet. He quickly recovers though, and holds up his hands that are bound with duct tape.

"Thank the lord you got me out! I thought I was gonna be gator chow..." he says. He rubs the side of his head with his wrist and Nightgaunt can see a large goose egg of a bruise there.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Nightgaunt stands up straight and looks back at Red Line and shouts at him. "Hey Boy Scout! The gators were stealing civilians!"

He turns back to the man and cuts his bonds loose and helps him to his feet if he seems in control of his faculties. "You just draw the short straw? or look extra tasty? or what? Was it just the two of you?" He rattles off as he walks to the other back and opens it as well.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Nightgaunt opens the other bag to find it filled with gold jewelry, gems, pieces of display cases, and other bits that a large gator hand may have grabbed when trying to empty out a jewelry store.

The man blinks at your question and seems to think, hard, as he wavers slightly on his feet. "I remember... the frog. He pointed at me, and he said, 'that one's for the King,' and then the white gatorman hit me. I don't know why he picked me."
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-08-26 at 08:20 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

RedSorcererGirl

Gianna stepped forward, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Steady there. Why don't we get you to a paramedic and make sure you're ok? You'll need to speak with the police as well." She said, trying to keep her tone soothing.

13. - Top - End - #43

NinjaGuy

"First responders means fuzz.... and fuzz means press.... and I don't feel like talking to the press. You remember what happened last time." Nightgaunt rambles. He stretches his hands over his head and sighs loudly.

"I'll see you two back at the hideout. Later." He offers a 'peace out' salute and gathers himself to take off....
    "Well someone's gotta stay behind for damage control. Our PR isn't exactly the greatest after that incident with Protonik back at the trainyard." He sighs heavy heartedly. Red Line watches as Nightgaunt opens the moving bag revealing the middle-aged man trapped within.

Nightgaunt stands up straight and looks back at Red Line and shouts at him. "Hey Boy Scout! The gators were stealing civilians!"
    "For starters, I'm not a boy scout. And what'd they want him for anyway?"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Nightgaunt holds up both hands and shrugs "I dunno, mid-day snack?"

15. - Top - End - #45

RedSorcererGirl

"Ay! Maybe don't talk about him like he's a bag of chips while he's standing right here?" Gia said, frustrated with their insensitivity. "I'll handle the police if you want to go Nightgaunt, and Redline you might want to check on our... uh... coworker? She looks pretty rough."

(Attempting to raise Nightgaunt's savior by encouraging compassion and lower superior by suggesting he leave and avoid police/public interaction)
    Last edited by Nightengale14; 2021-09-08 at 09:59 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

The man flinches a little when Nightgaunt mentions that fact that he was probably just about to be gator bait. He glances over Gia as she speaks and replies, “Thank you… uhhh… what was your name again? Are you guys a new team here?” He rubs his head. “I don’t think I’ve seen you guys before.”

The wailing of the ambulances and police car are getting closer. You can guess that they’re probably a block or two away now.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Ja Ne Cha!

"You ain't gotta tell me twice, I'll see the two of you back at HQ" Nightgaunt offers a two finger salute to his teammates before swirling up and away as a murder of crows.

A few blocks over on a deserted rooftop, the murder of crows swirls and corkscrews down in a rush, landing as Raphael in his civilian clothes again. He immediately shucks his backpack over his shoulder and digs out a disguised blood pack, greedily sucking down the first half of its contents in a three gulps.

He stands up, throws his backpack over his shoulder again and saunters to the edge of the building and leans against the parapet, thinking about what Gia had said. He sips absentmindedly, gazing over the city with a frown. "If I'm gonna keep doing this hero shtick... I gotta learn how to manage PR." he grimaces.

He digs into his pocket and pulls out his phone and shoots a text to Seraph. "fyi. We tangled with some of the river king's goons."

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/whatnot
    Show

Nightgaunt gives Influence to Bloody Mary and accepts her statement about his self image. Savior Up, Superior Down.

18. - Top - End - #48

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gia
    "Ay! Maybe don't talk about him like he's a bag of chips while he's standing right here?" Gia said, frustrated with their insensitivity. "I'll handle the police if you want to go Nightgaunt, and Redline you might want to check on our... uh... coworker? She looks pretty rough."
    "Already workin' on it." Red Line says as he inclines his head towards himself and Eris.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightgaunt
    "You ain't gotta tell me twice, I'll see the two of you back at HQ" Nightgaunt offers a two finger salute to his teammates before swirling up and away as a murder of crows.
    "We'll catch up with you later!" He watches as the murder of crows flies ascends through the air. "And tell your friends to stay away from my bike!" he calls out to Nightgaunt.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Nightgaunt:
    The communicator in your ear chirps as soon your message is sent to him. "I knew there was trouble as soon as I saw all of you converge in the same place," Seraph says on your comm channel. "I'm already on my way. Unless... you want to speak to the press, Raf," he continues with a chuckle.

Red Line, Envy, Goldheart, and Bloody Mary:
    You hear Seraph speak over the general comm channel in your individual earpieces. "So I hear you confronted some of the River Kings goons? Someone want to give me the rundown before I get there so I can talk to the press? Unless one of you wants to take over? I'm about two minutes out."

20. - Top - End - #50

RedSorcererGirl

"I was late to the party." Gia replied, "Probably better you get the details from someone that isn't my tardy self."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    Red Line, Envy, Goldheart, and Bloody Mary:
    You hear Seraph speak over the general comm channel in your individual earpieces. "So I hear you confronted some of the River Kings goons? Someone want to give me the rundown before I get there so I can talk to the press? Unless one of you wants to take over? I'm about two minutes out."
    "Crap I'm late. I'll help with clean up as soon as I get there." Calvin says speeding towards the dissipating plume of smoke.
    Peddling up the hill to the scene, Calvin sees the team starting to scatter and and Red Line tending to Burnout. Seeing this he grabs his Dagger and transforms after hopping off his bike. "Hey Redline Give me a sec i'll try to get her on her feet." Goldheart says placing a hand over her most obvious wound to patch them up somewhat.

Spoiler: OOC: Mechanics and such
    Show
    I'm going to try to heal her to consciousness I'm not entirely sure how the Damage transfer works. but I want to get her upright ASAP.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Homeward Bound:

Raphael narrows his eyes at the voice in his ear. "Words to the effect of 'no', Seraph. You have fun with the journorats, I'm heading home for a shower. The goons play dirty."

Raphael glances around and spies a convenient fire escape ladder and makes his way down to street level, adjusts his clothes, throws up his hood, and strolls out into the street, sipping at his 'cherry' flavored snack. He fishes his phone out and fires off a text to The Network, asking if they have any friendly voices in the press he should know about.

He scrolls through the news feed, seeing if anything from the incident is live yet, and strolls back to HQ.

A little closer to home, after his teammates have had the chance to either mug for the cameras or beat feet like he did, he texts the team...

Spoiler: Text to Da Squad
    Show

Yo, when's the last time we had a team outing? anybody in the mood for pizza?"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Eris floats down behind every one leaning against a building that took some damage during the fight. "Well this sure was a bust, a strange man in a bag, a teammate who is late now the press." She sighs speaking to herself. Gripping her chest area she looks to her other teammate's after watching Nightguant leave. "You guys seem to fancy the spot light so I'm out." Bringing her hand to her lips an blowing them a kiss with a wink she jumps towards the rooftop finding her footing and hops from one rooftop to another before landing in a back alleyway. Mazu pixalates over Envy body bring her back her to civilian clothing as she kneels down. Spitting up blood on floor watching it bubble she winches removing the ear peace an placing it in her pocket not wanting to hear the others chatter. "Guess I'm not much of a fighter or you just really suck mazu" envy chuckles softly.
    Mazu speaking up with a harsh tone filling her head "You are just weak thus making me weak you foolish girl." Envy shakes her head and picks herself up throwing her hood on an starting her way down the sidewalk.

24. - Top - End - #54

NinjaGuy

"I'm getting pretty tired of talking about the incident at the rail yard so if you want to take over talking the the press then I'm all for it." He replies over comms. "I've got some unfinished business in area so I'll hang around for a bit."

Peddling up the hill to the scene, Calvin sees the team starting to scatter and and Red Line tending to Burnout. Seeing this he grabs his Dagger and transforms after hopping off his bike. "Hey Redline Give me a sec I'll try to get her on her feet." Goldheart says placing a hand over her most obvious wound to patch them up somewhat.
    The second Redline raises both hands and gives Goldheart the spaces he needs to tend to Burnout. "Be my guest. I'm honestly impressed you made it here before first response, though a motorcycle would've probably been faster." He finishes after glancing at his teammates mode of transportation.

Eris floats down behind every one leaning against a building that took some damage during the fight. "Well this sure was a bust, a strange man in a bag, a teammate who is late now the press." She sighs speaking to herself. Gripping her chest area she looks to her other teammate's after watching Nightguant leave. "You guys seem to fancy the spot light so I'm out." Bringing her hand to her lips an blowing them a kiss with a wink she jumps towards the rooftop finding her footing and hops from one rooftop to another before landing in a back alleyway.
    "You gonna be alright? That gator wasn't exactly the most gentle of dance partners." He finishes just as Eris bounds over the rooftop and out of view. Hmm... Guess she's just built different? It's gotta be the legs.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Nightgaunt
    A few minutes later your phone chimes- There are very few, but Natasha at the Bellevue Street Journal has been one of the better ones. She was promoted to editor a few months ago, so hopefully we will have a kinder voice in the press.

You see a new Breaking News headline and what looks like shaky cell phone camera footage of the incident— including your run in with Menagerie and the Frogman.

Goldheart
    When you put your hands on Burnout to try and heal her, a muted light enters your palms, but stutters and goes out. You immediately feel tired, like you didn’t get a good nights sleep.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Goldheart gains a level of fatigue from falling his healing roll.

Team
    Ambulances and police arrive, followed by a news van that screeches to a stop just before it plows into a large chunk or concrete that used to be part of the storefront. Gia does a good job and keeping them at bay until the news crew spots Seraph landing behind her.

The older hero gently folds his pale gold wings and pats her on the shoulder. “Good job so far. I’ll take over from here,” he says before he strides forward and begins to speak to the press.

The brown-haired man that was trapped in the burlap sack and Burnout are quickly loaded into an ambulance that pulls away from the scene with a screech or tires.

Meanwhile, one of the policeman pulls Red Line aside and takes his statement on what happened. He checks with Red Line’s other teammates that are still present, then let’s you all know that you’re free to leave.

You are now free to wander the city. It is about 5pm. What do you do?
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-09-15 at 08:22 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Idling....

Raphael rereads the text from The Network a few times, trying to commit the name and paper to memory before replying "My team fought some of the River King's goons, it went well, we shouldn't need to leverage the asset, thx 4 the info"

Raphael continues to meander through the city, people watching, recovering from the fight, and seeing if his teammates answer or if he should just head back to base.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PK-Leon View Post
    The second Redline raises both hands and gives Goldheart the spaces he needs to tend to Burnout. "Be my guest. I'm honestly impressed you made it here before first response, though a motorcycle would've probably been faster." He finishes after glancing at his teammates mode of transportation.
    "Motorcycles do seem cool. but I've never actually ridden on one. They seem Really dangerous but..." Goldheart shakes his head to stop rambling and takes a deep breath. "It honestly doesn't matter because I can't afford one even if did want one. which would be cool but whatever."

After attempting to heal Burnout and and doing nothing of notice. He let's the Paramedics tend to her. There goes that chance to be the hero.

He waves off the ambulance and stands by as Seraph gives the interview. Surprisingly exhausted, he heads back to HQ to rest up and take a nap after all this.
    "You did quite well out there. Although your healing prowess leaves a little to be the desired." An increasingly familiar voice says.

"Thanks, G. I definitely need to work on it. Everything feels really crazy and this suit is exhausting. It gets easier though, right?"

"No young ser, You get stronger. The role of protector and the Mantle of Goldheart are indeed weighty but you would not have been chosen were you not up to the tasks. You're potential is there to be realized. Go seize it."

"I don't see it but if you're able to, I'll trust you." Calvin says finally out of the armour and in bed, quickly falling asleep.

Spoiler: Less rest for the weary.
    Show
    Calvin's rest is bothered by a text. He grabs his phone and responds:

Sound's good. Just Let me know when/where.
    Last edited by HIDA; 2021-09-19 at 08:41 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

RedSorcererGirl

Gia, now just leaning against a building and watching the aftermath of the fight, picked up her phone and sent a message to the group chat herself, which read, "Hey, Nonna Cecilia is making melanzane di parmigiana. You're all welcome to come eat some actual food and not whatever it is you usually microwave."

29. - Top - End - #59

NinjaGuy

Ambulances and police arrive, followed by a news van that screeches to a stop just before it plows into a large chunk or concrete that used to be part of the storefront. Gia does a good job and keeping them at bay until the news crew spots Seraph landing behind her.

The older hero gently folds his pale gold wings and pats her on the shoulder. “Good job so far. I’ll take over from here,” he says before he strides forward and begins to speak to the press.

The brown-haired man that was trapped in the burlap sack and Burnout are quickly loaded into an ambulance that pulls away from the scene with a screech or tires.

Meanwhile, one of the policeman pulls Red Line aside and takes his statement on what happened. He checks with Red Line’s other teammates that are still present, then let’s you all know that you’re free to leave.
    One of the Red Lines disappears in a beam of light once the injured are loaded into the ambulance.

"Thanks Seraph, you're an angel!", he says to the team's guardian as he engages the press on their behalf. After the Red Line gives the officer the information he needs he'll hand over the doll belonging to the little girl and give him the license plate number of the overturned van so that her companion can be returned to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightgaunt's Message
    Yo, when's the last time we had a team outing? anybody in the mood for pizza?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gia's Message
    Hey, Nonna Cecilia is making melanzane di parmigiana. You're all welcome to come eat some actual food and not whatever it is you usually microwave.
    Spoiler: Group Text
    Show
    It ain't pizza but I'm not one to turn down good food. Where and when? I'm starving!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Envy takes her time walking around a well kept cemetery that is littered with willow trees. Their leaves gently kisses the graves that lay beneath them as if giving love and thanks for the passed soul providing nutrients for its life.
    With the sun now slowly setting she finds a shaded spot clear of any graves and and lays back closing her eyes. Running her hands in the grass she starts drifting off before her phone buzzes. Groaning Envy reaches into her pocket an sees it's from the group chat going off.
    "Hey, Nonna Cecilia is making melanzane di parmigiana. You're all welcome to come eat some actual food and not whatever it is you usually microwave." Gias message read. Envy taps the phone to her lips thinking about the offer. Typing back she replies *"Sounds better than Microwaved pizza rolls, ill bring the beer so count me in! ;p "* Setting the phone on her stomach she attempts to close her eyes for just a few more minutes.