New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC

Quote Originally Posted by Mittenss View Post
    "Sounds better than Microwaved pizza rolls, ill bring the beer so count me in! ;p "* Setting the phone on her stomach she attempts to close her eyes for just a few more minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by PK-Leon View Post
    It ain't pizza but I'm not one to turn down good food. Where and when? I'm starving!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightengale14 View Post
    "Hey, Nonna Cecilia is making melanzane di parmigiana. You're all welcome to come eat some actual food and not whatever it is you usually microwave."
    Calvin turns over in his bed, reads the parade of text and replies
    Spoiler: West Team, Best Team. - Group Chat
    Show
    "Democracy wins again. Also I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to refuse homemade Italian food. I'm headed over in 30."
    After resigning himself to the amount of rest he's gotten, Calvin hops in the shower, gets dressed and then texts Gia for directions.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Gianna sent her address to the group chat and forewarned Nonna Cecilia that they would be having company for dinner. She went straight there from the scene to help with dinner. By the time people started arriving she was (somewhat obnoxiously) singing along to a dean Martin record playing on a vintage record player.
    Last edited by Nightengale14; 2021-10-02 at 11:59 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Oh... this again.

Raphael frowns at his phone, seeing the group's decision. He dutifully types out "See you guys soon!" with a victory V emoji and stows it back in his pocket. He sighs and takes another sip. He looks out over the city, remembering the last time the team had eaten with 'Nonna Cecilia'... He wasn't sure how Gianna or her relative felt about it, but he didn't think it had gone all that well, and he wasn't looking forward to a repeat occurrence.

Resigning himself to the inevitable, he took a deep breath and swirled up and away from the city streets, a murder of crows once again, he kept his many eyes out as he took a circuitous route, hoping to arrive in the middle of the pack.

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/Whatnot
    Show

NOTHING HIDES FROM ME! 15 On Notice
    Raphael is actively looking for trouble so he has a legitimate excuse to be late.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Raphael
    One pair of your many corvid eyes spot movement down an alleyway. There's a young woman with blonde hair in a fancy server's outfit that is backed up to the wall of a building next to one of the few doors that dot the alley. Surrounding her are three men in hoodies, despite the muggy weather. Another pair of avian eyes catches a metallic glint coming from inside the hoodie packet of the largest man in gray.

The woman pulls out her server book and throws a wad of cash at the men. The shortest one collects it, then goes to block the door with a wrought iron chair that seemed to be there for smoke breaks. The three of them get closer to the woman; the tallest one in black tells her not to scream.
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-10-05 at 03:54 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65

GreataxeFighterGuy

With Address in phone and Dressed in his 'nice' jeans and favorite blue button-down, Calvin Takes to the street on his bike. On his way he listens to his favorite old-school hiphop playlist. "Ms. Jackson" by Outkast blares in his headphones as he sings along. After a few minutes, he arrives at the house. He does his best to smooth out any wrinkles before knocking on the door. "Excellent job dressing up to meet her grandmother. Good impressions are important, young ser"

"Thanks, G. Please keep a low profile tonight, I'd like to handle this on my own.'

"As you wish. Young ser."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Well that escalated quickly...

Ask, and ye shall receive... Raphael thinks to himself, watching the goons accost the woman. The murder of crows swirls in on itself as he taps into a deeper reserve of power and blood, satiating his blood-lust before spiraling down into the conflict.

The murder of crows descends in a rush of talons and feathers and Nightgaunt appears between the woman and the goon closest to her. Standing up straight, he says "This is not how we treat ladies in Iron Station" and then slaps the man across the face with all of his undead strength.

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/whatnot
    Show

Unleash My Power! 7
    I will choose for the effect to be Unstable, Temporary, or have unintended ramifications

Fighting Roll to slap the goon in the face, with The Drop: 8
    Nightgaunt isn't using his talons, so this attack won't kill the guy, and I don't get anything more than my strength: 10

IF any of the goons makes a move on/attacks the woman, I will Defend Her with a 7
    I take any damage she would have taken, and I am adjacent to her, regardless of my original position. I will then take Influence over this lady.
    Last edited by big teej; 2021-10-08 at 10:53 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Thumbs up Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC

Nightgaunt
    The man goes down hard, stunned by your sudden appearance and the slap. His buddies yell explicatives and draw their weapons, a handgun and large fixed blade knife from their hoodie pockets.

"Jesus, look what he did to Johnnie!" the skinny one with the knife exclaims. "He's out of our league man!"

The one with the gun backs up few steps and takes a shot at you, aiming for high-center chest. "Shut up and stab him, Mike!"

The skinny guy lunges forward with his knife, but he isn't able to connect with the blade as his nerves get the best of him.

Combat Begins!
    Kings...
    Queens...

Johnnie is Shaken!
    Jacks...
    10s...
    Of Hearts!

Gun guy shoots Nightguant!
    To Hit: 7
    Damage: 11

Of Diamonds!
    Mike attacks Nightgaunt, but he misses!
    9s...
    8s...

Nighgaunt has Initiative!

8. - Top - End - #68

RedSorcererGirl

Gianna came and opened the door when Calvin knocked, tossing a dishrag over her shoulder. "Hey! Come on in, dinner is almost ready." She said, then looked back into the house as she gestured for him to enter. "Calvin è qui, comportati bene!"
    The response that came back was also in Italian, "Questo è bello? Sto arrivando..."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Round 1....FIGHT!!!

Nightgaunt flinches away from the gun shot, a neat little hole punched into his chest. Healthy, normal looking blood oozes out, staining his costume. Hidden inside the mask, Raphael grimaces in pain, outwardly, he scoffs and rubs at the wound. "pfft. ow.... He says, jutting his head forward at 'gun guy'.

"I just want you to know.... I kinda took that personally." Nightgaunt says and reaches out for the man and takes a firm hold on the metaphysical tether of his blood. and pulls.

Show
    Last edited by big teej; 2021-10-10 at 08:57 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nightengale14 View Post
    Gianna came and opened the door when Calvin knocked, tossing a dishrag over her shoulder. "Hey! Come on in, dinner is almost ready." She said, then looked back into the house as she gestured for him to enter. "Calvin è qui, comportati bene!"
    The response that came back was also in Italian, "Questo è bello? Sto arrivando..."
    "Hey! Thanks for inviting us all over." Calvin says walking into the house, slowly taking in the room. "It smells amazing in here. I can't wait." He says walking towards the kitchen. "Is there anything I can help with?"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Once Redline parts ways with the police he'll mount his motorcycle and disappear down an alleyway into the city. Louis reappears from the shadows of a side street and merges into traffic as he quickly makes his way to Nonna Cecilia's for dinner with the team.

Not exactly how I thought I'd be spending my afternoon but how can I complain? The food was divine last time we were over for dinner.

Louis arrives at Nonna's after 20 minutes of riding and gently raps on the door. He leans against the doorway as he waits opposite to the direction it swings open.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Nightgaunt
    Blood streams out of gun guy's pores to shoot through the air and converge in your palm. Backing up a few steps, knife guy inhales sharply and mutters, "$&%*..."

Behind him, across the alley, the one you slapped earlier starts to stir. Knife guy notices and calls out to him much larger buddy, "Johnnie!? Oh, thank god, you're not dead. Grab Trey and let's get the @^&# outta here!"

The much larger man shakes his head and gets to his feet before grabbing his exsanguinated cohort and heads deeper into the alley.

You can see the fear in knife guy's eyes before he turns tail and runs after his friends.
    End Combat

The woman behind you slowly sits down in the wrought iron chair that blocks the door. No tears escape her eyes, however. She's holding it together surprisingly well. "Thank you," she says, glancing up at you. "If you hadn't come when you did..."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Game Over...

Nightgaunt tosses the globe of blood aside with a contemptuous flick of his wrist and tenses to chase after the goons. He pauses when he looks at the amount of blood splattered over the alleyway now. Oh $#!%... I think I killed that guy. Oh crap. oh crap. what am I supposed to do? should I tell Seraph? should tell the team? should I... His racing thoughts are brought screeching to a halt when the damsel in distress speaks.

Nightgaunt glances up and down the alley, checking that the goons are gone, and looking for more witnesses. Seeing no living souls, he walks over and puts his back to the wall, sliding down til he's resting on his haunches, loosely eye level with the girl.

"Try not to dwell on it." He says to fill the silence. "Are you okay?" He asks.

14. - Top - End - #74

RedSorcererGirl

Calvin was instructed to help Gianna set the table while Nonna Cecilia went to answer the door. She was a short, round woman with fully silver hair and a big wrinkly smile. "Benvenuta! Come in, come in. Dinner is almost ready."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Nightgaunt:
    The woman takes a moment to compose herself before she answers, “Yes, thanks to you… what’s your name? I don’t know if I’ve seen you before.”

Team:
    You hear Seraph’s voice over comms. “Return to base ASAP. Mission briefing in 30.”

16. - Top - End - #76

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    Team:
    You hear Seraph’s voice over comms. “Return to base ASAP. Mission briefing in 30.”
    "Aw man, we were just about to- ugh! Whatever.

"On my way back to base." Calvin says, throwing his Jacket back on.

"Sorry Gia, this sucks but Duty calls. Sorry Nonna, I have to go. Can we get a rain check? I hate to walk away from real food."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Duty Calls:

Raphael leans his head back against the wall. "Nightgaunt, at least until I screw up enough run ins with the press that I have to change it." He deadpans. When Seraph barks in his ear he makes a show of raising a hand to the side of his helmet. He sighs. "Duty Calls." He says with a heavy sigh.

"Maybe I'll see ya round, in happier circumstances. You gonna be okay? I can wait around for the police to show up if you want." He asks as he pushes himself back to his feet and brushes himself off. He takes very careful note of where he is and the name of the restaurant and commits the girl's face and name tag to memory.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Nightgaunt:

“Yeah, yeah, I’ll be okay,” the waitress says, brushing a lock if hair back behind her ear. “Thank you for the offer though. If you’re ever around here again, dinner’s on me. My name’s Marie, by the way. Just let the hostess know you know me and she’ll get you one of our upstairs tables.”

You realize that the location you’re at is just behind Chophouse, an upscale steakhouse well known in Iron Station.

OOC: This is a the start of a new session! Everyone gains 6 XP, and all Masks moves reset.

Nightgaunt is dealt Mechanical Malfunction: A device malfunctions in some way:guns jam, bow strings break, etc

Goldheart is dealt Flesh Wound: Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-shaken and unharmed. The Extra must have been wounded in the current scene.

Red Line is dealt Contact: Your hero sees an old acquaintance who might help him in his current quest somehow. Of course, he may also ask for a favor in return.

Bloody Mary is dealt Second Wind: Play on your hero to automatically remove all wound sustained in this combat. If Shaken, she is now unshaken as well.
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-11-17 at 09:11 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79

RedSorcererGirl

Gia quickly explained to Cecilia what was going on and she nodded, hurrying them out the door as she insisted she would drive the food over to them when it was done.
    "Youre the best Nonna." Gia said, kissing her cheek as she got her shoes on

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Free Food!

"I'll be sure to remember that, Marie, I'm looking forward to it." Nightgaunt bows before spiraling up and away as a murder of crows.

Show

placeholder for advances and whatnot

21. - Top - End - #81

NinjaGuy

Calvin was instructed to help Gianna set the table while Nonna Cecilia went to answer the door. She was a short, round woman with fully silver hair and a big wrinkly smile. "Benvenuta! Come in, come in. Dinner is almost ready."
    "Hey Nonna Cecilia, long time no see! My stomach started rumbling as soon as Gia said-"

"C'mon! Seriously? I haven't even sat down yet..."

Louis turns on his heels and heads out the door just as quickly as he walked in. "I'll see everyone in a few. Let's see what's more important than parmesan."

Louis gets back onto his bike and returns to base, taking a bit longer than usual, but still within the allotted time, to arrive as he enjoys the evening cityscape during his drive.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Spoiler: Something Goes Bump in the Night
    Show
    Streetlamps flicker on as the sun sinks below the horizon, bathing the streets in yellow light. A young couple stumbles down the street, using the brick walls of buildings to help keep them upright. They laugh and smile as the man almost falls over, only saved by the railing of some stairs leading up to one of the old houses that make up this part of the district.

As they pass by an alleyway between two homes, a hand with long spider-like fingers reaches out toward the oblivious couple. It drips with darkness, which hisses and sizzles as the black drops hit the pavement. The grasping fingers curl under the man’s chin and snatch him back into the yawning blackness of the alley.

The woman continues on with a giggle, unaware of the fate of her partner.

Back in the alley, a tall figure has its long fingers buried deep into the man’s chest under his ribcage, piercing through his diaphragm and lungs, cutting off any noise he may have tried to make. It lets the body slip off its hand to the ground before it stabs its fingers back into the man’s chest, hooking around his ribs, and pulls. There’s a series of pops and cracks as the man’s chest cavity is opened to the air. The figure then reaches in and delicately pulls out its victim’s quivering heart.

It grins, revealing sharp, black teeth before it takes a bite of the organ, chewing thoughtfully. After a moment, it swallows and takes a second to consider its meal before returning the heart to its place in the man’s open chest. It dips one finger into the pooling blood and draws a vertical line on the man’s forehead before sinking back into the darkness of the alley, searching for its next sacrifice.

Team:
    When you all arrive back at base, you find Seraph pacing the command center/living room. His wings are slightly flared and his feathers quiver with every step. His fingers pinch the bridge of his nose and his eyes are tightly shut. He mutters to himself every so often. It's the most agitated you've ever seen the usually easygoing man.

He doesn't quite jump as the voice of the base assistant, Mimi, says over the intercom, "Seraph, the team has arrived."

Your mentor glances up at the assembled heroes and lets out a gusty breath before he says, "I hope everyone's ready for some real hero work. We have a serious problem. AEGIS is sending over a few of the South-side team to help out. They should arrive here shortly."

No sooner than the words leave his lips, Mimi announces in a more robotic tone than usual, "Recognized: Harbinger, Mercury, and Zodiac."

The three South-side members enter through the front door of the base on the lower level. It takes them less than a minute to climb the stairs and enter the living room.

The trio is led by Harbinger, a fairly well-known hero in Iron Station for his knack for arriving just before disaster strikes. The man looks oddly similar to Seraph right down to the wings, just a little older and more grizzled. His feathers are frayed and torn, colored a dark, ashy gray-black.

The other two younger heroes, your team hasn't met before. One is a tall, athletic male with dark hair in a faded undercut wearing jeans and a tight-fitting t-shirt. His gaze is solemn as he looks over the team. The other is a short Asian girl with a cute bob. Her long-sleeved shirt hangs fashionably off one shoulder.

As Harbinger and his team enter, Seraph's wings snap shut, almost to hide his agitation. "That was quick."

Harbinger smirks. "You know me; I always arrive precisely when it inconveniences someone else the most. I'm assuming you haven't had a chance to brief your team yet?"

Seraph shakes his head. "Some of them like to take their time getting back to base."

After a moment of reading Seraph's body language, however much he tried to hide it, Harbinger says, "Let's you and me talk for a minute. Drake, Yuki, go... uhh...mingle? We'll be back in a few." The two mentors then disappear into one of the back rooms.

The two South-side heroes glance at one another, then at the team.
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-11-18 at 08:02 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

"mingle"

"So. Uh. Hi?" Raphael offers, trying to break the ice for everyone. He glances around at both teams. "I guess we're probably supposed to toss the one-ups-man ship aside for the duration?" He looks the new arrivals up and down. "Probably." He says with a grin.

24. - Top - End - #84

GreataxeFighterGuy

Calvin watches Harbinger and Seraph step away then back to the younger Heroes. "Sup guys, You uh know what this is all about? The Old guys seem pretty hush-hush about something. But it was important enough to cancel dinner. Have you guys heard anything?"

25. - Top - End - #85

NinjaGuy

After a moment of reading Seraph's body language, however much he tried to hide it, Harbinger says, "Let's you and me talk for a minute. Drake, Yuki, go... uhh...mingle? We'll be back in a few." The two mentors then disappear into one of the back rooms.

The two South-side heroes glance at one another, then at the team.
    Calvin watches Harbinger and Seraph step away then back to the younger Heroes. "Sup guys, You uh know what this is all about? The Old guys seem pretty hush-hush about something. But it was important enough to cancel dinner. Have you guys heard anything?"
    "Yeah what's the occasion? Harbinger's here so I'm assuming whatever it is, it ain't good. I'm Louis by the way."

He walks forward into the space between the two teams and extends a hand to shake.

"You two the only members of your team?"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Drake doesn’t smile at Raphael’s attempt to break the ice, but he does shake Louis’ hand. “We’re just the vanguard, for now,” he says. “Hopefully the rest of our team won’t need to assist. I’m Drake. This is Yuki,” he continues, gesturing at his teammate.

The girl smiles at the assembled West-side team, but her expression soon grows more serious. “Harbinger didn’t really tell us what was going on. He had a premonition earlier and immediately called up AEGIS. He told us that we’d be working together with your team for now.”

27. - Top - End - #87

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    Drake doesn’t smile at Raphael’s attempt to break the ice, but he does shake Louis’ hand. “We’re just the vanguard, for now,” he says. “Hopefully the rest of our team won’t need to assist. I’m Drake. This is Yuki,” he continues, gesturing at his teammate.

The girl smiles at the assembled West-side team, but her expression soon grows more serious. “Harbinger didn’t really tell us what was going on. He had a premonition earlier and immediately called up AEGIS. He told us that we’d be working together with your team for now.”
    Calvin's posture changes with Yuki's expression. "Well if they haven't told you and they Called up AEGIS then it's probably something big and happening very soon. Either way, We'll keep the worry to a minimum. And since i'm missing Home-cooked Italitan made by a sweet old lady, I'm gonna go grab something for the fridge. Anyone want anything?" Calvin says, Walking towards the Mess Hall.
    Last edited by HIDA; 2021-11-20 at 09:02 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Intermission

"Actually, I'm running on empty." Raphael says sauntering after Calvin to the kitchen. He slides around his teammate to reach into the fridge and pull one of his silver-packaged nutrient packets and unscrews the cap and takes several large gulps.

"So. Whatcha think?" He says quietly. "AEGIS being over-cautious? or is this a commentary on our own abilities?" He makes room for Calvin to fix whatever he's in the mood for and lounges so he can see back up the hallway should anyone else follow them.

29. - Top - End - #89

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    Intermission

"Actually, I'm running on empty." Raphael says sauntering after Calvin to the kitchen. He slides around his teammate to reach into the fridge and pull one of his silver-packaged nutrient packets and unscrews the cap and takes several large gulps.

"So. Whatcha think?" He says quietly. "AEGIS being over-cautious? or is this a commentary on our own abilities?" He makes room for Calvin to fix whatever he's in the mood for and lounges so he can see back up the hallway should anyone else follow them.
    "Probably both. If I had to guess. But if Harbinger is here and Seraph is this stressed, It's probably not something we could rightly handle." Calvin says, making a PB and J sandwich. "Speaking of handle, you alright dude? You seem... paler than usual."He says again taking a bit and sorely wishing this was Nonna's cooking.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Lewis and Gia spot the two winged men come back from where they had been sequestered. Seraph looks much more at ease than he has before, but his feathers still vibrate ever so slightly with every step. “Mimi, pull up any information we have on Mangeur de Coeur,” Seraph says as he goes to the front of the room.

It takes only a few seconds for a horrible, tall, monstrous figure to take up the projector screen on the wall.

Harbinger sees that two of the West-side team are missing. Rafael hears Harbinger’s voice echo up the hallway, “Alright ladies and gentleman, gather round.”
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-11-26 at 05:59 AM.