New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC

So Much for an Intermission...

In the Kitchen
    Raphael stares at Calvin while taking several loud gulps. "After we split off from the encounter with the River King's goons, I ran into another incident on the way to Gia's place. Got held up. So I'm just... feeling a little run down." He gets a faraway look in his eyes. "I'll, uh... I'll tell ya about it later, it sounds like they're starting without us." He says, jerking a thumb up the hall back towards the briefing area.

Briefing!

Raphael doesn't quite jog back into the briefing area, he takes in the horrific monster in a glance and tries to place it while listening to Harbinger

Spoiler: OOC/mechanics/Whatnot
    Show

Occult roll! 4

gained "Mechanical Malfunction"
    Raised Agility to d8
    Moves Reset!

End of Session Mechanics
    1) Did I make progress towards defeating my Nemesis? - NO. Despite successfully resolving the incident with Marie, I lost control of my vampiric powers and nearly killed a regular joe. Such activity could easily bring the Nightwatch down on my head before I'm ready, and I have no idea how my team will react to me maybe killing a Guy. I mark my Doom Track.

2) Closer To/Away From the team vs. Into my own self - I think I'm going to choose "into my own self" because I don't think the narrative supports me growing away from the team - specifically because we haven't had the talk about me almost killing a guy yet. I'm going to shift FREAK up and MUNDANE down. I'm feeling less happy go lucky, and yanking all that dude's blood out definitely makes me worry about the Nightwatch.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Louis and Gia spot the two winged men come back from where they had been sequestered. Seraph looks much more at ease than he has before, but his feathers still vibrate ever so slightly with every step. “Mimi, pull up any information we have on Mangeur de Coeur,” Seraph says as he goes to the front of the room.

It takes only a few seconds for a horrible, tall, monstrous figure to take up the projector screen on the wall.
    "Imagine being the guy who runs into this thing in a dark alleyway..." Louis comments seconds after the projection appears. "So what's with the movie monster?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    So Much for an Intermission...

In the Kitchen
    Raphael stares at Calvin while taking several loud gulps. "After we split off from the encounter with the River King's goons, I ran into another incident on the way to Gia's place. Got held up. So I'm just... feeling a little run down." He gets a faraway look in his eyes. "I'll, uh... I'll tell ya about it later, it sounds like they're starting without us." He says, jerking a thumb up the hall back towards the briefing area.
    "Ohhh that's why you never showed. Well I'm glad you're OK, dude. That can definitely shake you up." Calvin says, taking his sandwich back to the briefing.

Once back in the Brief, Calvin stares at the monster for a minute. "That's real? No shot. That look is too crazy." Calvin says aloud to no one in particular, then nudges Raphael, "Yo I think this could be a job for... more than us." He says, pointing at the Monster and taking another bite.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Spoiler: Rafael’s Occult
    Show
    You do not know what this thing is, even with your… heritage.

Once Calvin and Rafael are back Seraph waits for a moment before for them to get settled before beginning the briefing. “This thing on the screen is a Mangeur de Coeur, a ‘Heart Eater’. It’s a demon that does not exist naturally; it has to be summoned into our world.”

“One is a problem for a city,” Harbinger continues as he walks in front of the screen. “We’re looking at at least three of these things. I don’t know if you’ve seen the news, but there’s been a string of brutal murders, six in the last two days, all with the same M.O. I hope nobody here is squeamish.These people’s chests are ripped open and their hearts are removed. A single bite is taken from the heart and their foreheads are marked in their own blood.”

Seraph shakes his head in disgust and takes over. “They’re searching for something, but we’re unsure of what. It’s been at least 200 years since these demons were last seen. The last documented case was a single summoning in Ruddock, a little South of us. Every single person in that little town was killed in less than a week, and that’s the most recent time that we can find that a Heart Eater was seen. Any questions so far?”

Yuki raises her hand and asks, “Is this what your premonition was, Harbinger?”

The winged man nods. “I won’t share the details, but I saw at least three of these things in my vision. I contacted a few occult experts at AEGIS and they figured out what we were dealing with.”
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-11-27 at 09:15 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95

GreataxeFighterGuy

"Do we know how to get rid of them?" Calvin says. Taking another bite of his sandwich. "Ish ith like, smnthin thah can only beh huth orh killdh wth mahgic? *gulp* Can they even BE harmed?" Calvin says, Looking at the winged Leaders for answers.
    Spoiler: EoS Mechanics, Rolls and the Like
    Show
    Goldheart XP roll
    Calvin XP Roll

Grow closer to the team: Invite to dinner and time spent with everyone Albeit brief. Giving influence to Gia
    Last edited by HIDA; 2021-11-27 at 10:10 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Briefcase:

"If it wiped out a whole town in a week.... isn't six in two days kinda.... slow?" Raphael pipes up.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

“According to the few historical documents that we have, it attacked entire households, two or three a night,” Seraph answers Rafael. “So yes, this is slow. However, the six that were found were all people that were reported missing. There could be more that are hidden a little better that the police have missed, or just people that fly under the radar, like homeless or prostitutes.”

Harbinger addresses Calvin. “As far as being able to hurt them, from what I saw in my vision, I know that fire works. Fire and light.”

8. - Top - End - #98

GreataxeFighterGuy

"So i guess we need to cover some of those areas. Do we wanna patrol? There are a few of us with fire or light powers so we could have a few groups to cover a bigger area and prevent more of these attacks. What do you guys think?" Calvin says, adding the question at the end after realizing his presumptiveness kinda ran away from him.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Seraph lets a small smile through the serious demeanor he’d had on since the team arrived. “Harbinger and I discussed patrol groups. Calvin, you’re with Yuki. Louis, you’re with Gia.”

“Raf, that means you’re with Drake. I know neither of you have powers that Harbinger knows will hurt the demons, so we’re going to call in Aeryn from South-side. He’ll join you in your patrol area.”

Drake raises an eyebrow to this and crosses his arms. “You sure that’s a good idea, Harbinger?”

His team leader nods. “It’ll be okay.”

“Harbinger and I are going to be patrolling on our own,” Seraph continues. The picture of the Heart Eater projected on the screen changes to an overhead view of the city with areas in the East and South quadrants highlighted and labeled with the team’s names. “South-side comms are set to our frequency, so all of us will be able to communicate. The map has your patrol routes detailed.”

Calvin
    Harbinger pulls Calvin aside and walks a little ways out of earshot of the group. One ashy-gray wing settles on Calvin’s shoulders to further muffle their voices. “It’s people like you that this city needs,” Harbinger says in a low voice. “Seraph’s told me a bit about you, about the dagger, and yet you still want to jump headlong into danger, despite… you know.”

The winged man shakes his head, just a little. “I want to give you a little advice though. Normally I don’t tell someone what I see in my visions; it tends to make them come true, when what I’m trying to do is prevent that outcome. But, I want… need, you to keep an eye on Yuki.” Harbinger sighs, “she might not make it out of this alive, and you might be the only one that can prevent something horrible from happening to her. I won’t be able to get there in time. You understand?”

Spoiler: Label Shift for Calvin
    Show
    Harbinger is attempting to shift your Savior Up and your Mundane down. He’s saying that Goldheart needs to act like a hero, and not be a bystander when the time comes.

Accept or Reject Harbinger’s Influence
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-11-30 at 07:08 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post

Calvin
    Harbinger pulls Calvin aside and walks a little ways out of earshot of the group. One ashy-gray wing settles on Calvin’s shoulders to further muffle their voices. “It’s people like you that this city needs,” Harbinger says in a low voice. “Seraph’s told me a bit about you, about the dagger, and yet you still want to jump headlong into danger, despite… you know.”

The winged man shakes his head, just a little. “I want to give you a little advice though. Normally I don’t tell someone what I see in my visions; it tends to make them come true, when what I’m trying to do is prevent that outcome. But, I want you to keep an eye on Yuki.” Harbinger sighs, “she might not make it out of this alive, and you might be the only one that can prevent something horrible from happening to her. I won’t be able to get there in time. You understand?”

Spoiler: Label Shift for Calvin
    Show
    Harbinger is attempting to shift your Savior Up and your Mundane down. He’s saying that Goldheart needs to act like a hero, and not be a bystander when the time comes.

Accept or Reject Harbinger’s Infulence
    Harbinger

Calvin looks back at Harbinger. "She'll come back safe. I promise." As Calvin walks away, Germain pipes up.

"You seem to be shouldering this responsibility with the proper deference, young ser."

"Thanks, Doesn't mean squat if i cant actually save her when it matters."

"Just do your best, young ser, I'm sure you'll keep your promise."

Calvin walks confidently over to Yuki and smiles. "You ready to chase the monsters away?"

Spoiler: OOC Mechanics
    Show

Calvin ABSOLUTELY accepts the influence.
    Last edited by HIDA; 2022-02-09 at 07:47 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Pickin' Teams:

Raphael perks up at the mention of patrol groups, his eyes quickly darting between Gia and Yuki. His eyes narrow and he pretends to study the map some more as Seraph quickly rattles off the teams. "So... Red Line gets to hang out with Gia... and Calvin gets to hang out with this Zodiac chick...." His eyes then rest briefly on Drake. "And I am stuck with this walking sausage. Cool."

He shrugs, resigning himself to his fate. "So. When do we get started?" He asks.
    Last edited by big teej; 2021-12-01 at 09:50 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102

NinjaGuy

Seraph lets a small smile through the serious demeanor he’d had on since the team arrived. “Harbinger and I discussed patrol groups. Calvin, you’re with Yuki. Louis, you’re with Gia.”

“Harbinger and I are going to be patrolling on our own,” Seraph continues. The picture of the Heart Eater projected on the screen changes to an overhead view of the city with areas in the East and South quadrants highlighted and labeled with the team’s names. “South-side comms are set to our frequency, so all of us will be able to communicate. The map has your patrol routes detailed.”
    "So we're searching for three, or more, demons across an entire cityscape? Sounds easy enough." Louis smirks. "Gia you ready?"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Halfling in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Gianna, who hadn't said a word since they arrived, finally piped up. "We're missing information here. Who were the victims that were found? Have they been cross referenced for similarities? And you said these things are summoned, but how? Some kind of ritual? A sacrifice? What does the blood marking on their heads look like?" She rattled off, still hanging back leaning against a wall. "And don't judge me here but I'd like to see the bodies."
    Last edited by Nightengale14; 2021-12-01 at 08:29 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Harbinger shrugs at Gia’s questions. “That’s really more on the police than us. They haven’t released the names of the victims yet or photos of the crime scenes. As for how these things get to our world, we know that they’re summoned, but how is a question for those occult experts at AEGIS. We’ve given you the info that they gave us in the last few hours, and as we get more we’ll update you. Your current focus is finding and killing the Heart Eaters for now. Seraph and I are on the hunt for the summoner.”

“You all are free to go patrol,” Seraph says. “Call in anything suspicious you see that could have to do with these demons. And, please, be careful out there.”

Calvin
    Yuki grins. “As ready as I’ll ever be. I’m ready to head out when you are. Umm… question though… would you rather me patrol from the ground or air?”

15. - Top - End - #105

RedSorcererGirl

Gia cracked her neck and rolled her shoulders, showing off her rather impressive muscles. "Alright Louis, give me a second to suit up and we'll hit it. If it bleeds, I can kill it I guess."

16. - Top - End - #106

GreataxeFighterGuy

Calvin gives an impression of Fake shock. "Oh we have options?! Well, I'm pretty good on the ground. If you want to cover the sky and provide some aerial superiority, I'm all for it." Calvin grins, pulling out the dagger and awashing himself in flame to emerge from them as Goldheart!

"Just be sure to stick close." He says making his way out the the exit. "We aren't sure what they're capable of."

17. - Top - End - #107

NinjaGuy

Gia cracked her neck and rolled her shoulders, showing off her rather impressive muscles. "Alright Louis, give me a second to suit up and we'll hit it. If it bleeds, I can kill it I guess."
    "I feel safer already knowing you're watching the streets." Louis teases. "Wait... So we know that these creatures are vulnerable to fire and light right? Is there any other way to take them out or you know... un-summon them?" He asks Seraph.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Might as well get rollin'

Raphael eyes the map again, seriously this time, taking in his assigned patrol area. "Well. let's hop to it I guess." He clamps down on juice pack and drains it dry in a quartet of deep gulps. "Do you have something specific in mind, or should we just wander around?" He asks Drake.

When Red Line asks about other ways to hurt the demons, Raphael purses his lips and muses aloud. "I... might have a couple of ideas... but I'd need to check on some things." He looks back to Drake. "Do you wanna go on without me, or are you do you mind cooling your heels around here a bit while I look into it?"

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/whatnot
    Show

Common Knowledge(?) to know things about my patrol area/circuit 4
    Last edited by big teej; 2021-12-03 at 12:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

“That’s what Seraph and I are looking for,” Harbinger says. “We’re going to be on patrol routes over both quadrants. As soon as we have more information we’ll tell you over comms.”

Calvin
    Yuki follows Goldheart out to the street. She takes a moment to ready herself before she’s swallowed by a flash of light. In her place is a 6 foot tall chicken with golden brown feathers and draconic wings and tail. The cockatrice stretches her wings and then takes off into the air. Calvin hears Yuki’s voice faintly in his head. “Just so you know, I am a weak telepath. I can’t hear your thoughts, but I can talk to you while I’m transformed.”

She flies about 20 feet over your head as you make your way to your patrol route.

Rafael
    “You can fly, correct? Or at least turn into a bunch of things that can? You should do a grid pattern over our patrol area and I’ll follow from the rooftops. I’ll go on ahead and meet Aeryn. Meet us at Kinley Bridge.” With that, Drake turns and follows Goldheart and Yuki out of the warehouse.

Spoiler: Rafael Knows Things
    Show
    You know that your patrol area contains the St. Lawrence and Bywater districts. The two biggest landmarks there are the St. Lawrence Cathedral and Kinley Bridge. The bridge connects the two districts over the Cane River which flows from the Iron River to the Mississippi.

Everyone please roll Notice
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-12-03 at 10:49 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

To the Bat-Cave!

"Kinley Bridge." Raphael acknowledges before turning and disapearing into the depths of HQ, down hallways and staircases, down into the basement. He glances around to make sure none of his team have followed and pulls an elaborate, baroque, bronze key from a chain around his neck and unlocks an unassuming door marked 'unsorted miscellaneous file storage #6' and enters, closing the door behind him.

Within, a mound of dirt sprawls across the bare concrete floor, a network of gouges extend beyond the dirt, touching a scorched ring around the perimeter of the room. Raphael locks the door behind him and approaches the coffin, resting on a claw-footed bier in the center. His breath fogs the air in the cold, blue light from a single ceiling panel. He runs a hand along the black-lacquered wood and pries the lid open, climbs in, and pulls the lid back over him. Within, he closes his eyes and sleeps.....

He opens his eyes again to find himself standing at the cyclopean stone gates before an equally oversized fortress, the sky is a ruby red, streaked with swirling purple and black clouds that flash with hidden lightning. It is quiet. The mountaintop the fortress squats upon disappears into a thick fog beneath. His modern street clothes replaced with a black and grey military uniform of an antiquated style and cut. He takes a deep breath and strides through the gate and up the winding path to the castle itself.

He is greeted by no one until he pushes his way inside the main doors to the great hall. A shadowy presence, little more than a cohesion of dust and shadow, appears at his shoulder and contorts, echoing what would be a respectful bow for a corporeal entity.

"I will take mundane refreshment in the library." Raphael says in a quiet and gentle tone. "I must learn as much as I can of the so-called 'heart eaters' as quickly as possible."

The presence dissipates, it's constituent grime cascading to the floor as his footsteps echo through empty halls until he reaches the library. He gazes upward, gallery upon gallery of ancient and modern texts escaping up into the vaulted ceiling. On a nearby oaken desk, is a silver tray with a cut crystal glass filled with a thick, red liquid. "This could take a while." He muses aloud with a sigh.

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/Whatnot
    Show

Raphael is attempting to 'call upon the resources of his sanctuary' to learn how to harm and banish Heart Eaters. And also taking the time to become Sated so he is at full strength when he re-emerges into the 'real' world.

21. - Top - End - #111

GreataxeFighterGuy

“That’s what Seraph and I are looking for,” Harbinger says. “We’re going to be on patrol routes over both quadrants. As soon as we have more information we’ll tell you over comms.”

Calvin
    Yuki follows Goldheart out to the street. She takes a moment to ready herself before she’s swallowed by a flash of light. In her place is a 6 foot tall chicken with golden brown feathers and draconic wings and tail. The cockatrice stretches her wings and then takes off into the air. Calvin hears Yuki’s voice faintly in his head. “Just so you know, I am a weak telepath. I can’t hear your thoughts, but I can talk to you while I’m transformed.”

She flies about 20 feet over your head as you make your way to your patrol route.
    "Sweet! "Goldheart says, looking at the the Transformed Yuki. "Keep an eye out if you see anything and watch out for power lines. There's no way I could explain an extra-crispy hero to Harbinger." He joked.

Once into their assigned Patrol Area, Goldheart begins scanning the area in hopes to stop another incident.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Raphael
    Books on the shelves of the library vibrate and shudder before two of them remove themselves and fly through the air towards the desk before settling in front of Raphael. The pages of the books whir through chapter after chapter. One settles on a picture of the monster with a small blob of text beneath it and the other rests on a bigger block that fills most of a page.

Underneath the picture, the text reads: Mangeur de Coeur, “Heart Eater”, a low-ranking demon used to find candidates for summoning rituals.

The other book shakes in what seems like excitement as you begin to read it before it settles down so the text is legible. Mangeur de Coeur, also known as “Heart Eaters” are typically used by dark summoners to find candidates to sacrifice for larger, higher ranking demons. The Heart Eaters are drawn to those with potent blood, and kill them, taking a bite from their heart to gauge their usefulness to the ritual. If the person is worthy, they will bring the corpse to the summoning site and drain it into the ritual circle.

The page turns for you.

In order to fully “kill” a Heart Eater you must either stop the ritual, or kill their summoner. However, Heart Eaters are susceptible to both light and fire. Their physical bodies take longer to regenerate if destroyed by either of those two elements.
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-12-05 at 09:36 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

That's Bad!

Raphael glances over the picture and quickly skims the annotation before turning to the other book. He skims it, assuming it to be about as useful as the first. He pauses, blinking at the page and rereads it a second time, with greater attention, and a third, with a growing sense of alarm.

He looks up from the book at the empty library and says "Oh no."

Back in the real world, Raphael's eyes pop open. "Oh no." He says again, shoving the lid off his coffin, sending it sliding down the dirt mound as he vaults from his casket and runs across the room, locking the door and slamming it shut in a single motion. He whips out his phone as he jams his communicator back into his ear.

"Hey. We've got problems." He says to whoever's on the same frequency, Harbinger, Seraph, The Team, whoever. "These things? They're chumps, lower tier demons. The whole reason you call one of these things is to find more specific and important sacrifices. The bodies that have been found, those are the rejects. I'd lay odds that it wasn't the heart eaters that depopulated that podunk town, it's whatever they gathered victims to summon did. Also. we can't kill 'em. The only way to stop them for good is to disrupt the ritual they're feeding, or kill whoever summoned them in the first place."

While he's explaining to The Team, he types out a summation of what he knows about Heart Eaters and tells his contacts with The Network and The Night Parade that there's 3 of them loose in Iron Station.

He swings by the fridge on his way out, quickly shotgunning two whole blood packs back to back before swarming the rest of the way through HQ and out into the open air as a cloud of noisy and angry bats. He stretches his swarm-self as wide as he can and begins spiraling out and working in the direction of Kinsley Bridge. Scores of eyes and ears peering down into the gloom of the city.

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/Whatnot
    Show

Nightgaunt peers down into the darkness with his thermal vision and echolocation 9! Hit with a Raise

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Nightgaunt
    As you finish speaking to the group, you hear three distinct beeps in your ear that mean that you’re being contacted with a private channel. “Where did you learn that?” Harbinger asks. You can hear the howl of wind faintly in your ear. “My vision makes a helluva lot more sense now.”

As you get to the Bywater district, your thermal vision spots two very warm— too hot to pass for human— person shaped entities next to a blob on the ground that’s slowly cooling down an alleyway not far from the bridge.

Goldheart
    Your first hour of patrol passes uneventfully, and Yuki soon grows bored. “I’m gonna switch it up,” she says. She lands on the sidewalk and transforms in another flash of light. The cockatrice is replaced by an elegant black wolf with tall ears and glowing blue eyes. Wisps of blue fire circle each paw. She puts her nose to the ground and starts down the street again.

OOC: Roll Notice again please
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-12-07 at 09:03 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115

RedSorcererGirl

Upon hearing the update over the radio, Gia sighed "Ai minchia... you hear that Louis? Sounds like things are going to get even messier."

26. - Top - End - #116

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post

"Hey. We've got problems." He says to whoever's on the same frequency, Harbinger, Seraph, The Team, whoever. "These things? They're chumps, lower tier demons. The whole reason you call one of these things is to find more specific and important sacrifices. The bodies that have been found, those are the rejects. I'd lay odds that it wasn't the heart eaters that depopulated that podunk town, it's whatever they gathered victims to summon did. Also. we can't kill 'em. The only way to stop them for good is to disrupt the ritual they're feeding, or kill whoever summoned them in the first place."

Goldheart
    Your first hour of patrol passes uneventfully, and Yuki soon grows bored. “I’m gonna switch it up,” she says. She lands on the sidewalk and transforms in another flash of light. The cockatrice is replaced by an elegant black wolf with tall ears and glowing blue eyes. Wisps of blue fire circle each paw. She puts her nose to the ground and starts down the street again.

OOC: Roll Notice again please
    After Hearing Nightgaunt's breakdown, Goldheart Chimes back. "So we should follow them back to the source and try to stop all of this. If we can cut off the head the whole operation goes out."

When Yuki changes, Goldheart says "That's a good idea. We can have you smell for blood and I'm pretty fast, i can keep up if you find something. Let's Go." He begins searching again in earnest.
    Last edited by HIDA; 2021-12-07 at 09:30 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nightgaunt
    "So we've essentially looking for lackeys? Great...", Louis replies over comms.

Quote Originally Posted by Gia
    Upon hearing the update over the radio, Gia sighed "Ai minchia... you hear that Louis? Sounds like things are going to get even messier."
    "Sounds like another beautiful day down in the bayou to me. Let's pick up the pace and see if we can track one of these things down."

Redline weaves through the winding city streets and alleyways on his motorcycle in search of any demonic diners along the way. "Hey Night, is there any chance we can figure out who the original summoner is if we run into one of these things?" He inquires over comms.

Spoiler: Notice
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Goldheart
    “Goldheart, Zodiac, you’re a few blocks away from where one of the bodies was found,” Seraph says to the two of you. “It’s the alley behind the Macy’s department store.”

Yuki stops sniffing and heads there at top speed. There’s a line of police tape there, but no police presence. Goldheart and Zodiac find a large amount of dried blood that hasn’t yet been pressure washed away. Yuki spends a small amount of time sniffing the concrete before she says, “I’ve got something!” and takes off farther down the alley. However it’s not long before she slides to a stop in front of a sewer grate. “The scent of that thing goes down here. I don’t know about you, but I really don’t feel like fighting gatormen down there in the dark.”

Red Line and Bloody Mary
    Both of your eyes are drawn to a couple that are obviously drunk. They stumble down the sidewalk, but soon dip through a wrought iron archway into a poorly lit park. Red Line sees shadows stir in their wake.

29. - Top - End - #119

GreataxeFighterGuy

Goldheart
    “Goldheart, Zodiac, you’re a few blocks away from where one of the bodies was found,” Seraph says to the two of you. “It’s the alley behind the Macy’s department store.”

Yuki stops sniffing and heads there at top speed. There’s a line of police tape there, but no police presence. Goldheart and Zodiac find a large amount of dried blood that hasn’t yet been pressure washed away. Yuki spends a small amount of time sniffing the concrete before she says, “I’ve got something!” and takes off farther down the alley. However it’s not long before she slides to a stop in front of a sewer grate. “The scent of that thing goes down here. I don’t know about you, but I really don’t feel like fighting gatormen down there in the dark.”
    "Unless you think its working for the gatormen, out best bet for finding out who's causing this is by following them back. And as for the Dark, That's not a problem. " Goldheart says to Yuki, unsheating his sword that's bathed in light.

Before lifting the grate, Goldheart comms in to the Open Channel, "Yuki and I found a sewer entrance that the Ghoulies have been using, we're headed in, place was police-taped off with no sign of the cops. We'll check back in at... 15 past the hour. Out."

He looks at Yuki, "You ready?"

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Goldheart
    “Affirmative Goldheart,” Seraph replies. “Be careful down there.”

Your partner lets out a whine, but acquiesces to your proposal. “If I lose the scent we’re coming right back up,” she says before she changes back into her human self. With Goldheart’s help, the two lift the sewer grate. A wave of disgusting sewer smell hits as Yuki climbs down into the labyrinth and turns back into her wolf form. She paws at her nose but goes back to tracking.

It’s only a few minutes into your sewer escapade that Yuki’s hackles stand in end. “Gatormen. Super close by. I can’t tell how many, but the scent is strong. The trail goes right toward them. What do you wanna do?”