New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,490 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Default Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC

Quote Originally Posted by mmdeforrest View Post
    “That sounds like a good plan from where I’m sitting,” John replied smiling. “It’s good to have a back-up — although my own role doesn’t present as many of those options right now. I’m in for the very long haul as a kind of guardian. I don’t think that there is a title like Sorcerer Supreme out there, but it’s almost like the Unseen Masters have taken to reading comics or watching movies.

“It might be easier if they gave less general or cryptic directions. I’m not sure if they are required to stay at the 30,000 foot level with me or they have a difficult time processing the mortal realm or both. Do you get clearer instructions?”
    "I don't really get instructions" Calvin says rubbing the back of his head. "I sometimes get visions but really rarely. There are only two that can remember and one of them is how I found out I can summon Bastion. The spirit residing in the dagger is kind of like the custodian of the power. I've gained more ability as I've had it but I don't know where the end of that potential lies. I Don't know if the Sword-Saint Germain is like your Unseen Masters in anything beyond being disembodied voices."

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    College Bound
    “Sounds like a plan,” Kylie says. “I’m thinking Sunshine’s for lunch. You remember where it is, right Keith?”

“Grayson and I will go with Will,” Emi says. “As long as you don’t mind,” she says, looking over at him. “We’ll meet you there.”

Keith
    Kylie takes Keith across the street to the stadium. She sees that the gates are currently closed and motions to Keith to follow her around the side of the stadium, where the two of them can make their way in without being seen. Kylie glances around, making sure there’s not eyes on them before a she lets out a small blurt of flame from her hands, just enough to carry her over the fence.

Around the corner, the stands drop steeply until they stop at the field. There’s a huge Red Bull in the center, just like the one that had been on the back of Allison’s polo, with the words ‘Raging Bulls’ underneath it. There’s several players already on the field doing some warm up exercises, including a kicker that practicing by himself on the other side of the field.
    Keith nods and smiles at Kylie's mention of Sunshine's. "Sure do!" He half-waves to everyone else. "See y'all there, good luck with the locker room Will."

As they make their way to the field, Keith follows along behind her as they find another entrance. He keeps an eye open as Kylie uses her fire powers to jump the fence, and once she's over, he floats over it. As they round the corner, Keith is awestruck. He hadn't really been on a field like this before, not that he played many sports. "This place is massive!" He looks around to see most of the players on the field and decides to talk to the group first. "Time to see how this goes, hope Will is doin' alright over there." He will's on his suit before walking up to the players.

Keith makes his way to the group of players doing some of their warm-up exercises and waves at the team. "Hey guys, know you're in the middle of prep for the big game but I was wonderin' if I could ask y'all about Ben Burnly? Heard he got some powers and that there's a party he got them at and wanted to see if I could recruit him to a provisional team. Just need to know a bit more about him and anythin' y'all could tell me would be helpful."
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2022-04-18 at 11:39 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Keith
    Two of the squad of players pulls off their helmets and step off the field. The taller of the two looks down at Keith. “Who’s askin? Ben’s supposed to be a funeral right now, but nobody and can get a hold of him on his phone, which is weird. Coach was supposed to talk to him about he whole powers thing, but he left the day after that party. Donnie, you were there, right?”

The other player thinks for a moment. “You mean the Alpha Tau Omega party? Yeah I was there, don’t remember much of it though.”

“Coach has been mad as hell that his starting running back is out for the game against Florida State.”
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2022-04-18 at 11:49 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Emi and Grayson take Will to the other side of the stadium, where the locker rooms are. They both stop outside the doors to wait for the West Sider to talk to the team.

Inside is a typical collegiate locker room Everything is colored red and black for the school. There’s several players milling about in practice gear. One of them looks up at Will as he comes in, expecting a teammate. His eyes narrow as he looks over Will’s attire. He stands, taking a few steps toward Will. The player towers over the West Sider, and is probably twice as heavy as him. “The hell are you doin in here? You ain’t part of the team.”
    William looks up at the man with a wide grin. "No, I am not. But! I heard from some of the other students that Ben went to quite a crazy part recently and that another one was happening soon." William looks around conspiratorially and drops his voice a bit "You wouldn't happen to know where the guy is so I can learn more about it would you?"

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Will
    The player tilts his head and seems to relax a little. “So you snuck in here to ask about a party?”

He smiles and sits back down on the bench. “That’s bold, dude. So are you lookin’ to see if you can get superpowers too? I’d heard that Ben got some after takin’ somethin’ at the Alpha Tau Omega party, but he’s been out of town since then, so I haven’t been able to talk to him. If you’re lookin’ for somethin’ just as crazy, I heard there’s gonna be a huge party over in the Bywater district at a warehouse. Rumor is, there gonna be a big shot dealer there that’s gonna have more of that superpower drug. Happens tonight.”

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Will
    The player tilts his head and seems to relax a little. “So you snuck in here to ask about a party?”

He smiles and sits back down on the bench. “That’s bold, dude. So are you lookin’ to see if you can get superpowers too? I’d heard that Ben got some after takin’ somethin’ at the Alpha Tau Omega party, but he’s been out of town since then, so I haven’t been able to talk to him. If you’re lookin’ for somethin’ just as crazy, I heard there’s gonna be a huge party over in the Bywater district at a warehouse. Rumor is, there gonna be a big shot dealer there that’s gonna have more of that superpower drug. Happens tonight.”
    William shrugs "What can I say, sometimes you have to take risks to get what you want."

William taps his chin "The Bywater district...do you know which warehouse and what time? I wouldn't want to get lost only to find my way there when all the fun is over."

7. - Top - End - #1477

AssassinGuy

Keith
    Two of the squad of players pulls off their helmets and step off the field. The taller of the two looks down at Keith. “Who’s askin? Ben’s supposed to be a funeral right now, but nobody and can get a hold of him on his phone, which is weird. Coach was supposed to talk to him about he whole powers thing, but he left the day after that party. Donnie, you were there, right?”

The other player thinks for a moment. “You mean the Alpha Tau Omega party? Yeah I was there, don’t remember much of it though.”

“Coach has been mad as hell that his starting running back is out for the game against Florida State.”
    Crowe smiles at the player asking and just responds. "Name's Crowe, at least in this getup. A funeral you say? ****, sorry for his loss." He acts a bit surprised when they say no one can get a hold of him. "That is pretty weird. Maybe the phone towers where ever he is are just messing up. Hope so anyway."

He looks at the player Donnie as he explains a bit about the party and nods. "Sounds like a rager. Know of anyone else that might remember a bit more? Honestly though, before I try getting him some trainin' with his powers when he gets back I was wonderin' what he was like. Personality wise ya know?"

He tilts his head a bit and smirks. "Promise y'all this stays entirely between us."
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2022-04-18 at 01:30 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Will
    He gets up and opens his locker, pulling out his phone. It takes him a minute, but eventually he finds the text he’s looking for. “Address is 1270 Fire Line Road. My friend Jamal says that it’s supposed to start at 11:30.”

Keith
    Donnie points to the kicker on the other side of the field. “Terry was there. Maybe he remembers more that I do?”

“Ben’s a good dude. Definitely a team player,” the other player says. “Always on time for practice. I feel real bad for him ‘cause I heard Alli broke up with him after that party. He was always talking about how much he liked her. Everyone on the team was jealous when she finally said she’d go out with him.”

“He’s really chill, honestly,” Donnie adds on. “Nothin’ really gets under his skin easy. He’s a damn good player too. Could probably go pro.”

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

He gets up and opens his locker, pulling out his phone. It takes him a minute, but eventually he finds the text he’s looking for. “Address is 1270 Fire Line Road. My friend Jamal says that it’s supposed to start at 11:30.”
    William makes a mental note of the time and location "Sweet, thank you for the help." William holds out his hand for the man to shake "Good luck in your game, I'll be rooting for you."

William exits the locker room and smiles at Grayson and Emilia "Well that was informative. You two hungry?" As they walk William will ask casual questions to get to know the two better, as well as questions about the college and their time here.

10. - Top - End - #1480

AssassinGuy

Keith
    Donnie points to the kicker on the other side of the field. “Terry was there. Maybe he remembers more that I do?”

“Ben’s a good dude. Definitely a team player,” the other player says. “Always on time for practice. I feel real bad for him ‘cause I heard Alli broke up with him after that party. He was always talking about how much he liked her. Everyone on the team was jealous when she finally said she’d go out with him.”

“He’s really chill, honestly,” Donnie adds on. “Nothin’ really gets under his skin easy. He’s a damn good player too. Could probably go pro.”
    Crowe looks over at the kicker and nods. "Guess I'll talk to him next. Thanks dude!"

He listens intently as they describe Ben, though given what he knew from Allison earlier and Emi reading her thoughts, their perceptions are obviously different. He widens his eyes to feign shock when they tell him Allison broke up with Ben. "Man that really sucks. Wonder what happened there? Know I'd be devastated if the girl I liked for forever just up and dumped me." His years of trying to blend in were starting to pay off. Though there was a little bit he didn't have to feign.

"Do they let you play if you have powers? Never really found that part out and just assumed they wouldn't." Crowe sighs. "Hopefully he comes back soon man, and hey, thank you both a ton. Lookin' real forward to meetin' Ben when he does get back." He holds his fist out for a fist bump if they accept. "I'ma go chat with Terry right fast. Best of luck out there today! Take Florida down!" Crowe says to them as he makes his way over to the kicker.

As Crowe approaches the kicker, he half-waves at him to try and get his attention. "Yo, Terry right? Donnie over there said I should come talk to you a bit about a Alpha Tau Omega party? My name's Crowe and I'm tryin' to find Ben Burnly. Want to try and help him get some control and trainin' with his powers that everyone says he got. Also, sorry know you're getting warmed up, promise to make this all quick." Crowe says it all with a friendly smile.

11. - Top - End - #1481

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HIDA View Post
    "I don't really get instructions" Calvin says rubbing the back of his head. "I sometimes get visions but really rarely. There are only two that can remember and one of them is how I found out I can summon Bastion. The spirit residing in the dagger is kind of like the custodian of the power. I've gained more ability as I've had it but I don't know where the end of that potential lies. I Don't know if the Sword-Saint Germain is like your Unseen Masters in anything beyond being disembodied voices."
    “It sounds like you have a mentor rather than a committee or board to report to,” John observed with a chuckle. “I get to meet with mine when I stumble across him but he doesn’t seek me out. And I can’t even be certain it is him or a memory of him in the Astral Realm — an echo in the ether or an imprint from the Akashic Record. Post-embodiment, I’m not sure what the distinction would be on a practical level. Both of those things would be true to the original to remember Doctor Dee’s past and his ability to conceive the 21st Century is limited anyway. I mean, how do you explain a cell phone to someone from the Elizabethan Era?

“I’m curious about his name, though. Is he somehow connected to the Comte de Saint Germain or is this a different Saint Germain?

12. - Top - End - #1482

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael
    "Do you need backup, wherever you're headed?" Raphael asks Louis, finally putting his fork down, having vanquished the pile of pancakes before him.
    "I think I can handle a pair of cute baristas but a wingman's always appreciated." Louis replies just before finishing the very last bite of his stack. "Is there a way to add pancakes to the morning menu permanently?" He asks to no one specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney and Ryker
    Sidney braces her elbows on the table next to Ryker, deep in thought. “I… don’t remember finding a note. I know I left one for Ryker that you found that you showed to John. Are you talking about something else?” she asks Louis.

“Your dad wrote you a note,” Ryker says, taking Sidney’s hand. “He left it on the kitchen table for you. You got a picture of it, right Louis?”
    "Yeah, I took one just in case something like this happened." Louis removes his phone from his pocket and pulls up a photo of the note Scott wrote then shows it to the couple. "We stopped by your dad's cafe hoping to find a lead. I talked with him for a little while and learned a lot more than I thought I would. He really misses you. He thought you may have visited your apartment lately so I suggested that he write a letter to you... and he did."

Quote Originally Posted by The Letter
    Sidney,

I don’t care what you’ve done. I’ll always protect you, no matter what. I’m here for you, whenever you decide it's okay to see me again. Hell, if it would make you feel safe again, I’d let Ryker come back.

Whatever you need me to do, I’ll do it.

Love,
    Papa

13. - Top - End - #1483

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mmdeforrest View Post
    “It sounds like you have a mentor rather than a committee or board to report to,” John observed with a chuckle. “I get to meet with mine when I stumble across him but he doesn’t seek me out. And I can’t even be certain it is him or a memory of him in the Astral Realm — an echo in the ether or an imprint from the Akashic Record. Post-embodiment, I’m not sure what the distinction would be on a practical level. Both of those things would be true to the original to remember Doctor Dee’s past and his ability to conceive the 21st Century is limited anyway. I mean, how do you explain a cell phone to someone from the Elizabethan Era?

“I’m curious about his name, though. Is he somehow connected to the Comte de Saint Germain or is this a different Saint Germain?
    "From my admittedly brief research into it, He's was designated at as eternal keeper of this weapon from a secret society that dates back to gilgamesh. 'The Children of Light and Justice'" Calvin says. The name taking him by surprise as though he does recall the knowledge but just knows it.

"As far as G goes, He's never told me much more that. He introduced himself as the sword-saint Germain. He did mention that the blade of the dagger is a piece of the Blessed's starlight." I don't know who that is or rightly what it means other than i can kinda shape it to my will. Sorry i don't know anymore. It hard to find text from sumerian time translated in to working english, ya know?"

14. - Top - End - #1484

OldWizardGuy

"From my admittedly brief research into it, He's was designated at as eternal keeper of this weapon from a secret society that dates back to gilgamesh. 'The Children of Light and Justice'" Calvin says. The name taking him by surprise as though he does recall the knowledge but just knows it.

"As far as G goes, He's never told me much more that. He introduced himself as the sword-saint Germain. He did mention that the blade of the dagger is a piece of the Blessed's starlight." I don't know who that is or rightly what it means other than i can kinda shape it to my will. Sorry i don't know anymore. It hard to find text from sumerian time translated in to working english, ya know?"
    John smiled. “Believe it or not, I know Ancient Sumerian — along with every other language that has ever been spoken. Given our line of work, I suppose that things are more a question of being surprising rather than believable. Anyway, if your Sword Saint passes along a reading list, I can help you out. Of course, if he is from the Bronze Age, he couldn’t be the Comte de Saint Germain. He was born much, much later than that.

“It’s interesting, though. The titles have a Zoroastrian feel to them. I wonder if there is any connection. From where we’re sitting, it is the same part of the world — although there are a fair few miles between Uruk and Ancient Persia both in terms of miles and years.

John looked out and surveyed the skyline as he heard the door handle turning. “And what about that one?” John asked, pointing towards downtown. “The tall building to the left of the stadium. Is that the direction of Bastion University from here?”

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Arturo’s
    The door opens to reveal a dark haired boy that looks to be about sixteen. He has two trays balanced in one arm. “I got you Cubans, Cal,” he says as he sets the two sandwiches and sides down on the table in front of the two of them. “You guys want any drinks to go with these? I can grab ‘em right fast.”

Keith
    “You can play with a nullifier on,” Donnie says. “But you gotta get some special permissions and have a doctor declare that you preform like somebody unpowered when you have it on. The only sport that they encourage powers in is M3A.”

The two players give Keith a nod and a fist bump before they put their helmets back on, rejoining their squad.

At the sound of his name, Terry turns and acknowledges Crowe. “Ben’s out of town for a funeral, if you’re looking for him. What’cha wanna know about the party? It was a banger, for sure.”

Kitchen
    “I bet if you asked him, Aeryn would make you a different flavor of pancakes every morning,” Ryker says. “Not kidding. He’d do it.”

After reading the note, Sidney tears up. She flushes a little, wiping her eyes. “Sorry. I’m not usually so weepy.”

“Don’t worry about it baby. You’ve been through a lot in the past twenty-four hours,” Ryker says, squeezing her hand.

Sidney turns her attention back to Louis. “Do you… think I could see him? I don’t want to put him in any danger, but it’s obvious he’s hurting.”

16. - Top - End - #1486

GreataxeFighterGuy

Arturo’s
    The door opens to reveal a dark haired boy that looks to be about sixteen. He has two trays balanced in one arm. “I got you Cubans, Cal,” he says as he sets the two sandwiches and sides down on the table in front of the two of them. “You guys want any drinks to go with these? I can grab ‘em right fast.”
    "Ayyyy thanks Miggy! Calvin says grinning at the younger teen. "Sweet tea for me, Thanks. Want anything John?"
    Last edited by HIDA; 2022-04-18 at 07:21 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1487

AssassinGuy

Keith
    “You can play with a nullifier on,” Donnie says. “But you gotta get some special permissions and have a doctor declare that you preform like somebody unpowered when you have it on. The only sport that they encourage powers in is M3A.”

The two players give Keith a nod and a fist bump before they put their helmets back on, rejoining their squad.

At the sound of his name, Terry turns and acknowledges Crowe. “Ben’s out of town for a funeral, if you’re looking for him. What’cha wanna know about the party? It was a banger, for sure.”
    Crowe nods at the two players "Ah gotcha. Just avoided sports since I wasn't sure, did know M3A though but my powers aren't quite good enough for that." He lets out a laugh.

Talking to Terry

Crowe nods. "Yeah, hopefully he comes back soon. Shame he ain't here today though for this game." Crowe shakes his head. "Mainly just curious what all he did before he got the powers if ya know. That, and if there's another rager like that goin' on soon. All the runnin' around they got me doin', I gotta blow off some steam ya know?"

18. - Top - End - #1488

OldWizardGuy

"Ayyyy thanks Miggy! Calvin says grinning at the younger teen. "Sweet tea for me, Thanks. Want anything John?"
    “Just water, please,” John replied and waited for him to go.

“I noticed that you are a lot more relaxed here than you are back at the base,” John said, turning back to Calvin. “I gather that you’ve been coming here for years?”

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Kitchen:

"I think it sounds like you can handle it." Raphael says with a smile and an exaggerated eye roll. Raphael stands, collects his and any other empty plates within reach and dumps em in the sink before turning and walking out with a mock salute. "I'm gonna get changed and go handle my reservations, if something comes up. lemme know."

He pauses in the doorway and looks over his shoulder at Sidney and Ryker.

He tilts his head to the side, considering. "That goes for you two as well. Like, you know. If you need to go somewhere." He shrugs, puts the plastic nozzle of a blood bag to his lips, and winds his way back through to his room to change and then heads for The Chophouse.

When He arrives, he saunters in, wearing black jeans and a Red T-shirt with a single off-set thick black stripe. He strolls up to the Maitre'd and says very cheerfully, "Howdy! I need to speak to Marie? We're buddies. It's sort of important."
    Last edited by big teej; 2022-04-18 at 08:58 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

This thread has continued into THREAD II